Has Antifa and BLM gone too far?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (188 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 3 years ago

Latest riots and protests in Portland just a sign of how society crumbles under anarchy.
    They are demonstrating exactly why we need the police and that they are worse than the problem.

jackclee lmposted 3 years agoin reply to this
    2. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

My immediate thought goes to --- I am glad this is all happening in liberally run states. Truly clarifies how far apart we are split on the ideology of what we expect from our Governments, state, and Federal.

I can not understand what these people think they are accomplishing or at this point, to be honest, do I care...

people pay attention only when their own lives and living conditions are affected. That is why I believe the only way people will change is if they are personally connected. BLM gets support from liberal media, hollywood celebrities and academia...but once it affects their sphere of influence, they will see the light.
        If BLM gets their wish, and tear down our system of government, the ones they will go after first are the rich...
        Just ask China under the cultural revolution...

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Mostly agree --- But I think they have little chance of being heard acting in the manner they are acting. It only works to point out to conservatives that their ideas are too far left, and in my view, most Americans just will not travel that road. I am very conservative and did myself more ignoring them, putting up with them. They are concentrating on Dem states, and it's their Government prerogative to put up with their antics.
          Perhaps until they come up with some logical demands. A friend posted a video of a couple outside protecting their very upscale home with guns. As protesters realized they were met with guns they peacefully left.
          BLM is just making the great divide deeper and will be met with trouble if they leave their own liberal areas.  No serious conversation can be started due to radical unacceptable ideologies, as well as unlawful behavior. Just my view.

I agree with every word.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Has Antifa and BLM gone too far?"

Yes.  Yes they have.  Also I'm half Chinese, part Native American and part Hispanic, so nobody can call me a racist for saying that either.

4. Misfit Chick profile image74
      Misfit Chickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you look at just 'this time' in the protests - yeah, they have certainly gotten out of hand. However, when they WERE actually protesting peacefully in parades, etc. for YEARS before that, no one would listen. Mostly, black people were accused of imagining things - or, they were called unpatriotic for taking a PEACEFUL knee during Nationally televised games.

Gotta be pro-active during peace or this is what happens. Its not much different than the 60's civil rights violence. NOTHING happened or changed until things got violent; because NO ONE LISTENS until it does.

Shame on us all. Its ALL our fault that we let things get this heated and out-of-control. Take responsibility for something for a change, right-wingers. You've been SO unhelpful in resolving anything. You complain and carry on like a bunch of snowflakes - and shame on everyone else who isn't an extremist for having a conscious and wanting to resolve things.

No, defunding police isn't the answer - but things could sure as hell be revamped to lean more toward being guardians of ALL the people instead of this 'soldier' attitude that so many police have of their profession. Reform is long past due.

Not sure how you will take this, but due to your honesty. I have decided to feed up a bit of my honesty.  --- I don't think many on the right care about all the protests and are in no respect interested or willing to become involved or associated with what these protesters have done over the past weeks.

I myself have just sat back and watched with disgust. The great divide has surly deepened. I for one could care less about what those on the left want, I am over even listening to dribble.

Not sure where you got the idea conservatives complain and carry on. It appears we on the right could care less about what those on the left want at this point.  To me, it's all nonsensical. Not worth giving their agenda any thought.

So when you note someone carrying on or complaining, screaming in the streets toppling statues, burning down businesses, and generally looking like fool fools --  that would be one of yours... 

I will agree on the need for police reforms. To bad Obama did not work on that...

"  Gotta be pro-active during peace or this is what happens. Its not much different than the 60's civil rights violence. NOTHING happened or changed until things got violent; because NO ONE LISTENS until it doe"

FACT 22 have died over the past few weeks two were under three years old...All but two of those that were killed were black.

Guess they needed to die. What did you say --- "until things got violent; because NO ONE LISTENS until it does"

How easy that rolled off your tongue.  It seems liberals always have the answers. They don't make much sense but they like to hear themselves talk.,

"having a conscious and wanting to resolve things."
        And you did what in all of this? LOL

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

But while you complain about the BLM or liberal based protests as being unproductive, what do the conservatives do but complain about protesters and ignore their concerns. What is their solution to a very real problem of police brutaliy and abuse? Have any of them really championed any sort of reform?

Credence,
            as a conservative, I have been working to help on so many fronts and one of which is fixing our public education system.
            On this issue, of police use of excess force, the one thing that will help is education.
            If everyone is taught not to resist arrest, many of these situations would not have lead to deaths.
            There is a time and place to argue your case, and it is not at the arrest stage.

Well, Jack, that is not good enough.

We are past education, I want most major metropolitan police departments to have a major makeover as to how and when lethal force is used and non lethal methods of restraint to be used on those arrested.

It is like conservatives to blame the victim instead of the assailants. Regardless, this issue is not going away but will be part of an ever stirring cauldron that will haunt Trump and the Republicans right up until Election Day.

I have proposed a reasonable solution. This is doable. The defunding the police and BLM sounds great as a bumper sticker. However, it is not realistic and you know it, I know it, anyone with a brain knows it.
                Only people like AOC and her supporters...and the media thinks BLM and defund the police is a good idea.
                I predicted the end to this CHOP in Seattle and it will not end well. As it turned out, I was right once again. How come? why do conservatives win in policy and loses in the mind of public opinion?
                We are the silent majority...and this country will not stand for the progressive radical proposals. Most people have common sense. It will show at the ballot box, regardless what these phony polls say.

"We are the silent majority...and this country will not stand for the progressive radical proposals. Most people have common sense. It will show at the ballot box, regardless what these phony polls say."

You had better hope that you are right, because Trump is in a trouble on all fronts with the exception of his automaton supporters...

Believe what you want to believe. Trump is doing the job and keeping America safe and strong.
                    I don't see anything from the Democrats that will improve upon this.
                    Not on the economic front, not on the job front, not on the safety and security front.
                    Did you hear or read Trump's speech at Mt. Rushmore?
                    Anyone else giving that speech would have been cheered and celebrated.
                    The Media has turned it into some aberration even though it is as American as apple pie.

I fell republicans will sit by and watch the protests fizzle out. I don't think little can be solved while such hysteria is going on. I would think it's up to BLM to rid themselves of the trouble makers, the very white people that come out make fools of themselves as well as fools of BLM.

You ask "What is their solution to a very real problem of police brutaliy and abuse? Have any of them really championed any sort of reform?"

The U.S. Constitution doesn’t give the federal government power over local or state police. And the 10th Amendment says any authority not specifically granted in the Constitution is left to the states, so Congress has little direct authority over state and local police.

The one power Congress has is the power of the purse. They do have control over money the federal government sends the states, and grants from the Justice Department are often a significant chunk of local police budgets. So, yes there is an opening to apply pressure to the states to make policy reforms.

Hate to tell you it's up to you to vote in the proper people that will work for reform. It's your own appointees that have not brought about the reform you need, You dream for reform but vote in Dem each time an election rolls around in your states. You must realize it is the Dem run state where problems are occurring...  It's up to you to bring about change. We conservatives are just that conservative in thought as well as deeds. Our mindsets are as a rule to buck-up and handle our own problems without interference of government. So, don't expect Republicans to join in protest that results in no change.  We have witnessed this kind of protesting many times before.  They bring no change. You need to consider your party has failed you. That is so obvious. One of the conservative values is "we help those that help themselves".  This is a tough language, but it's meant to make a point.

Trump has repeatedly offered to help stop the violence that is occurring and claimed he will step in to stop the violence that is currently going on.

At this point, the protest should be brought under control, and then the problems of police retro worked on.

Not sure if you noticed you have a president that is willing to speak with anyone that presents a problem. Perhaps it's time to create a group of people that want to talk about problems, not protest in the streets. Because at this point you have a president that would work on problems.

Have you taken the time to research what Trump has done in regard to prison reform? You do realize the Federal government has little recourse to control the individual states' decisions on law enforcement. But Trump is doing all he can to make things better for black people. You just won't accept the positive accomplishments. He has brought about many positive changes that have brought better opportunities, education, housing, and more... What has your party done for you?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … ends-poli/
            https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st … n-leaders/
            https://www.c-span.org/video/?472355-1/ … s-michigan

"But Trump is doing all he can to make things better for Black people"

That is what he says and yet as a Black person, I am not convinced of that.

The Democratic Party has the platform and the candidates that address my concerns, the Republicans do not. With the Dems, there are possibilities, with the Republicans, none.

Yes, as to the police brutality issue, we will continue to keep the issues in the news, being ever more litigious about unjustified homicides and assaults by police within our communities, demanding body cams on all officers on duty while addressing police brutality in general and the culture that subtly allow it to persist. Those in charge will be forced to change the status quo or be replaced by those who will.

1. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"The Democratic Party has the platform and the candidates that address my concerns"

This is the part that baffles me, for the only Democratic platform items that I can see consist of taking what others have worked for and using it to build more chains holding blacks (and others) firmly to the largess of the party.

What are the platform specifics to increase police presence and cut crime in inner cities?  Instead liberal policies are now cutting law enforcement there while black owned businesses are burned and black children murdered.

What are the specifics designed to increase family ties and two parent families?  Instead, we pay mothers to deny fatherhood while millions of children do without a father.

What policies are in place, and working, to cut gang presence?  Again, liberals are cutting police work and giving slaps on the wrist to criminals rather than removing gangs.

Where were the jobs created in black neighborhoods?  Trumps policies created the lowest black unemployment ever seen, while the liberal policy is to pay them to stay home.

For the life of me I cannot see hardly any Democratic policies intended to free blacks (or anyone else) from dependency on government, to form them into self-sufficient people responsible for themselves.  We have denied white people the right to work with laws requiring hiring of blacks...with the result that more money (taken from other workers) is required to support black communities than ever before.  We've paid colleges intended to educate black people...with the result that more money is taken from others to support black communities than ever before.  We've worked to reduce gangs and crimes, using money taken from others...to see crime and gangs increase while cries are heard to cut police work.  We've tried to accommodate protests...to see whole neighborhoods burned while police stand helplessly by and watch their offices taken over and destroyed by the black people they were to protect...while liberals rejoice in the destruction.

What are those policies designed to raise, not just black people but people of all races from poverty and turn them into productive citizens of the country?  Outside of simply giving them what others worked hard to produce?  All I can see are policies designed and intended to hurt black communities, not help them!

First what platform has Biden offed to black citizens? You may want to take a second look, it's pretty much all be accomplished By Trump.
                His agenda reads like a shell game, it is laughable.
                https://joebiden.com/blackamerica/
                Lots of promises as always sounds nice on paper, always has...Old promises that only Trump has really worked on.

Sad to think you feel the past few weeks violence and deaths of over two dozen black people helped the "cause". It's all but forgotten due to all the weekend black on black killings in Dem cities, 7 children. Black people have lots of problems that are clear, but the killing of a black man while being arrested should come second when it comes to blacks killing black children.

I see no one in the streets yelling "Let's stop killing our own black children"!  My god these children did nothing, they did not break the law, they did not ask to not have safe places to play to live...  Why not work on the basic problems in the black community?

Trump requested Congress to put together a bill on police reform, as usual, they butted heads and walked away to leave on vacations.

Trump sighed an Executive order addressing the problem of police brutality with good speed. It received very little media coverage.

Please read the order, provides good solutions to many problems that have been overlooked. I think you will be pleased with his order. But, you have to read it, not just ignore it.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document … tive-Order

5. Kyler J Falk profile image90
      Kyler J Falkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Depends on whether or not you support racism as a norm.

Support racist ideals making their way into society as a norm? They're going as far as they need to in order to create and solidify racism.

Don't like racism? Well then BLM and Antifa haven't gone far enough in living up to their own claims to anti-racism, because they are actually racist extremists, perhaps even terrorist organizations.

6. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No bias in that link, is there?  No loaded words, no exaggerations and a super representation of the whole picture, including destruction and harm, right?

1. crankalicious profile image88

The Lincoln Project is Republican.

2. jackclee lm profile image81

you got to be kidding...
        It actually starts with thugs with masks burning and looting and destroying public and private property...and local police doing nothing to stop them.
        when society breaks down, who are you going to call?

1. crankalicious profile image88

The link is for a Republican web site. And yes, when hooded figures show up and take peaceful protestors away in unmarked cars, that is the end of democracy. Those who suggest such behavior is law and order? Nazis.

where are you getting this info? no peaceful protesters were taken away...this is not Communist China or Russia.

The only ones with their totally having their faces covered are Thugs... ANTIFA or want to be ANTIFA... 

Please give some form of truthful resource where you picked up this info.
            The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection arm confirmed on Tuesday it has deployed officers to Portland to protect Federal buildings. They were in camo uniforms and patches on their uniforms to ID themselves as Homeland officers. I suggest you listen to Chat Wolf's statement he gave yesterday to seek the truth on what Homeland security is doing to protect Fed buildings from far-left extremists.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XTYITCtFlc

These thugs have been trying to burn fed facilities for 52 nights, and have done millions of dollars in damage,  before the Homeland officers were sent in. You do know these are Gov buildings these idiots are destroying.  You do realize it would be our tax dollars that would be needed to rebuild them.

In my opinion, we should pull out and let these fools burn the entire city.to the ground. Hopefully, the troops are pulled out.  Pull all the Fed officers let them burn the city to the ground. Maybe then these fools on the left will see what these activists are really doing. TRYING TO OVERTHROW our country using violence. If the people of the city want help, recall their Gov and mayor!  It well appears the people of Portland apparently are backing the destruction. This is their choice... However, in my view, no fed fund should go to rebuild it. Let this city stand as a monument of showing the destruction of what happens when one tries to overthrow our country using violence. A true monument showing what happens when a society is willing to buckle under to anarchy, and total lawlessness. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1ilRlS4vs

I would really like to hear how you would stop these fools from burning down Fed Buildings or are you on board with burning them down?

3. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do you know it was "peaceful" protesters they grabbed?

I have heard several explanations for their actions, but I don know which is factual.

I heard a couple of reasons for the unmarked vans that seem to make sense; 1) military vehicles were thought to promote a too aggressive stance, and, 2) marked police vehicles have been the target of violence and arsonists.  That seems like a fair explanation to me.

However, I have not seen anything yet that supports the "peaceful protesters" claim. What have you seen that supports it?

If you want to see an end to democracy, just look to the destruction of mob rule in Minneapolis. I will choose the protection of Federal officers over rioters and looters every time.

That jab about "hooded figures" was just too ironic to not chuckle at. (no hooded protesters or rioters—right?)  ;-)

GA

I did see a third explanation for the unmarked cars: that if marked police cars are used the violence perpetrators either leave or are protected by other rioters until they cannot be caught.  Makes sense to me.

I also had a thought myself; how did these federal troops get into the city?  Drive marked cars across the country, or fly in?  My money is on flying in, and if they did I'd pretty much guarantee that they didn't have their car in the luggage compartment.  Indeed, one comment I saw claimed that they were rented cars, which makes perfect sense.  Hard to rent a car with sirens, lights and POLICE printed all over it.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

I also heard that they were rented vehicles.

GA

" Speaking to NPR's All Things Considered on Friday, Homeland Security Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli acknowledged that federal agents had used unmarked vehicles to pick up people in Portland but said it was done to keep officers safe and away from crowds and to move detainees to a "safe location for questioning."

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/17/89227759 … n-portland

When rioters are targeting police and police vehicles for special attention, that makes perfect sense to me.

I can only imagine what would have resulted if the Homeland security officers drove in military appearing trucks or vehicles. It seems using unmarked cars certainly was a smart move.

It is apparent the left media has focused on the unmarked vehicles to deter from the fact that rioters are burning down one of our cities. The fact that we have anarchists, not peaceful protesters as they would have one belief in Portland destroying  Federal property. While Fox has been covering it in all its glory, CNN and MSNBC have been covering Trump's comment on the Virus, and his comment on Ghislaine Maxwell, and Biden's latest accusations that Trump is a racist.

2. The Masked Marauder profile image70
          The Masked Marauderposted 3 years agoin reply to this

GhostBusters! Sorry, just trying to add a little levity! LOL.

I appreciate the comedy but this is no joking matter. Some of our major cities are crumbling in front of our eyes and the local officials are not doing anything to stop it. In fact, they support it and encourage it. Moreover, they are telling the Feds to stay away. ???

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

just about right?

not far enough?

what?

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

A better question is,
    why is there no resistance?
    I, who support Trump, even wonder why he hasn't done anything to stop that which should have been dealt with long ago, when it first occurred.

Instead, he's leaving it to the weak and indulgent governors and mayors of the blue states where all the rioting and looting is happening.
    WHY?

Its starting to look suspicious.

I guess the lives, livelihoods and properties of average American citizens don't matter to politicians.

Good to note, isn't it?

1. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea the motivation of President Donald Trump.  If were to guess it would probably be a few reasons.

1. People are able to see how utterly incompetent and inept Democrats are when dealing with a crisis.  These riots and destruction of public property are a direct result of weak leadership and pathetic public policies.  By doing nothing...President Donald Trump is letting the world see this.

2. After all of this there is a good chance the voters in those blue states and cities will give Republicans a favorable look.  They may envy the lack of rioting and destruction of public property experienced by those in red states.  Many of them may long for the law and order in red states.

3. Voters in these blue states have the governments they desired.  Now...they have to live with the consequences.  It will be up to THEM to change things when the voting starts.

Here are signs they have gone too far...
        1. Attack on Christians and Jesus
        2. Tearing down statues of our Founding Fathers
        3. defunding the police and disbanding police departments

Agree,

2. Ken Burgess profile image78
        Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is what I expect to unfold in the months/years ahead.

Trump will lose the election, by hook or by crook they will ensure that enough states adopt the "mail in ballot" that it is a lock for his loss.

We can't have people being exposed to the virus after all.

Biden the senile fool that he is, will be nothing but a prop for far more sinister elements of change to our Nation... that will make the pace of change you see occuring in the country look mild in comparison of what it to come.

Police forces throughout most of the North, North East, and Western states will be all but abolished, in their place will be UN deployments to "keep the peace".

Foreign forces, unlike Americans, will have no qualms with using force against the population... American police and American troops are not likely to go door to door enforcing tyranny, so outside forces (from places like China, Pakistan, Rwanda) will be sent to these cities to "restore order".

Those unwilling to accept this, will move to states like Texas and Florida, where such occupation will not occur... this is by plan... allow those who would flee rather than fight if given the option, have the ability to do so.  Eventually they will get around to controlling states like Texas and Florida a decade or so later.  Better to take down the country in bites, than try to take it down all at once.

This will coincide with the US relinquishing its Sovereignty to International Authorities, and the replacement of the dollar as the world's reserve.

If you had fallen asleep before Covid... and were to wake up 5 years from now... you would not recognize this country or how people live.  That is what is to come.  And nothing at this juncture, can stop it.

Maybe you have forgotten the forgotten ones... Perhaps a revolution... Not many Americans would settle for this country being taken over by for a lack of a better word idiots. 

Not sure who coined the phrase "dying breath". I think many are already itching for a showdown.  This video is pretty much how conservative the couple handled the problems of protesters that show up at their doorstep. They use their second amendment right.  They did not run or say let's talk about it. They assert their rights and use common sense to ward off trouble. Sort of like --- Hey ya want my stuff?  Make my day justice.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri … c9c03.html

Ken, consider where all the protesters are causing problems, mostly Democratic-run states. This couple from Missouri a republican state just did not in any respect put up with protesters breaking a privacy gate and entering their neighborhood.

Ken, Alternatively, here is what can happen...
          1. Trump is re-elected in November.
          2. The virus goes away on its own due to mutation or herd immunity.
          3. The stock market rebounds and reach new highs.
          4. The people in those blue states and blue cities finally had enough and voted out those Democrat mayors and governors.
          5. National guards are called to restore order.
          6. Police will return to keep the peace.
          7. America is great again.

One can only dream...
          The left will go back to harping on climate change and green planet...

I am reminded of this song by Roy Clark ...

Seems the love I've known has always been
            The most destructive kind
            Yes, that's why now I feel so old
            Before my time.

Yesterday when I was young
            The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue.
            I teased at life as if it were a foolish game,
            The way the evening breeze may tease a candle flame.
            The thousand dreams I dreamed, the splendid things I planned
            I'd always built to last on weak and shifting sand.
            I lived by night and shunned the naked light of the day
            And only now I see how the years ran away.

Yesterday when I was young
            So many happy songs were waiting to be sung,
            So many wild pleasures lay in store for me
            And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see.
            I ran so fast that time and youth at last ran out,
            I never stopped to think what life was all about
            And every conversation I can now recall
            Concerned itself with me and nothing else at all.

Yesterday the moon was blue
            And every crazy day brought something new to do.
            I used my magic age as if it were a wand
            And never saw the waste and emptiness beyond.
            The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
            And every flame I lit too quickly, quickly died.
            The friends I made all seemed somehow to drift away
            And only I am left on stage to end the play.

There are so many songs in me that won't be sung,
            I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue.
            The time has come for me to pay for
            Yesterday when I was young...

3. jackclee lm profile image81

Ken, Alternatively, here is what can happen...
          1. Trump is re-elected in November.
          2. The virus goes away on its own due to mutation or herd immunity.
          3. The stock market rebounds and reach new highs.
          4. The people in those blue states and blue cities finally had enough and voted out those Democrat mayors and governors.
          5. National guards are called to restore order.
          6. Police will return to keep the peace.
          7. America is great again.

One can only dream...

It is a dream, Jack, I would not count on it.

We will see, the alternative is not pretty...
              Can you imagine a Biden presidency?
              Can he pass a simple civics test?
              What about his relations with China? and Russia?
              Talk about corruption...and quid pro quo...
              Will he be able to debate Trump?
              or give a State of the Union speech?

1. Misfit Chick profile image74
                Misfit Chickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Can Trump pass a civics test? Biden wouldn't even be running for potus if it wasn't for Trump. He is simply the mediocre middle guy that everyone who wants Trump out can vote for - such as #NeverTrump GOP conservatives who have ALSO had enough of his bs. A vote for Biden isn't a vote 'for' any policies, its a vote AGAINST extremist policies. Not so confusing after all. smile

100% agreed, once I recognized the game plan the conclusions while seemingly extreme at this moment, are very logical considering the overall goals.

6 months ago... not one person would have thought it possible to shut down America (let alone the entire world) as has been done.

Let alone over a virus that seemingly has affected very few people anyone knows.  We probably all know of someone who recently died from a heart attack or cancer... do you know of people who died from Covid?

6 months ago, no one would have imagined governors, mayors or city councils defunding or disbanding their police force.  But is happening from NYC to LA and plenty of places in the North West & East.

I do not believe things happen just on a whim, certainly not such drastic and sweeping events such as these... so there must be a goal being worked towards, an agenda.

If you abolish the police... what happens then... and then what happens next, why, how, and for what reason?

If you elect Biden, who is truly in power (because its not that senile puppet that will be in control), why, how, and for what purpose?

All true...
                the power that be wants chaos and they profit from it.
                It also paves the way for a world leader/saver/peace maker/and AntiChrist.
                The Book of Revelation is being fulfilled right in-front of our eyes...
                and yet, Christians are abandoning their faith...

1. Ken Burgess profile image78

This is possible.

This has been prophesized many times in the past however.

We have had a global economic struggle on the horizon for years now.

We have also had a dysfunctional Corporate-Keynesian economy run by governments that refuse to allow for "resets" so we get stagnation.  Japan has been in a state of stagnation for 50 years because they didn't want to suffer a recession.  And the Petrodollar has reached its end.'

For years now there has been collaboration between BRICS nations, and between China and most other Asian nations, in an effort to switch off of the Dollar.  I believe Russia, Iran, China and others all trade amongst themselves in their own currency and not in dollars.

I expect in less than two years, but perhaps a bit longer, the world will choose a different currency to be its reserve over the dollar. 

This will hasten America's economic demise to being third behind China and the EU, its even possible smaller states like Korea and Japan will have stronger currencies than America after the Dollar is no longer the Reserve.

I don't think we are seeing the end of the world... I just think we are experiencing what it is to transition from global super power to something much less than that.

I suppose that is a better alternative, as bad as it may seem, to the end of the world.

2. Credence2 profile image78

True, Ken but nobody expected a pandemic of this nature to rear its head over 6 months ago.

I don't judge the effects and reach of a virus based solely on it having an effect on people I know. It is an unreliable and unreasonable yardstick. It is a stretch to think that there is some form of media that is concealing the infections and casualties over the entire world from COVID, I don't buy it.

Yes, I have never been in favor of abolishing police, more than instituting major reform within their ranks.

I cannot really speculate about an agenda right now.

But, Ken, Trump is sooo dumb. His liabilities related to Biden does not leave me with a sense of comfort. If he is failing now in the polls, it is not that Biden has been so impressive, but more that Trump never ceases to disappoint.

Trump will not be re-elected.

So lets focus on Biden.  Who are the people that control Biden?

Who are the people who have funded BLM, Antifa, etc. with hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of years... because they ARE funded by some VERY rich individuals.

This is not a momentary civil disturbance, these riots are part of a highly organized political movement. This is an ideological movement.

To what purpose?

What happens now that 40% of the businesses that closed because of the virus remain closed?

What happens to those 40 million workers that have lost their jobs for good?

What happens to the millions of college and high school students that no longer have school or potential jobs to occupy themselves with?

What happens when the Fed Reserve floods the world with trillions of dollars that swell the Nation's debt beyond any sane reasonable amount?

What happens when some of the most populated and progressive cities do away with their police force, or defund them and regulate them to the point where they are incapable (and unwilling) to do anything to protect anyone?

I ask you these questions because they are all relevant to what is occurring now... and without seeing the bigger picture... one cannot fathom where it is likely to lead.

The world is not coming to an end... but America's dominance of it, and America's economic power over it, IS coming to an end.

And that economic power is what has allowed Americans (and to a degree Europe) to live the lives of luxury and opportunity we have enjoyed for three quarters of a century uncontested.

That is coming to an end... and this is what the beginnings of that coming to an end looks like.

You most likely cannot see that, as you are tied to believing that great change is coming, that a better future for POC in America is at hand.

Perhaps so, perhaps not, but what is certain is the collapse of America as world leader and the world's reserve currency.  The transition will be painful, ugly, and chaotic.... but it is unstoppable, like an avalanche, once it has begun nothing can stop it.

Ken,

To what purpose?

Yes, it is a catastrophe, but I certainly don't see Donald Trump as a source of solution. We will have to weather this out as we have similar catastrophes in the past.

"The world is not coming to an end... but America's dominance of it, and America's economic power over it, IS coming to an end."

I have never been interested in dominance and control as more for parity and not being dominated. America's economic and political dominance has often resulted in exploitation, imperialism and the underlying white supremacy through it all. I am not thrilled by that prospect. I have never  been included or really been considered a part and parcel of the American empire.

Short of declaring war on China, what are you going to do? Ignoring domestic concerns is not going to change anything regarding the challenge that China presents. Please refresh my memory once again as to how you would stop the avalanche?

I am as uncertain as to the future, but I know what has not worked. This Trump has certainly proven not to be the answer

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Get out your guns, but take some classes and practice first.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

PS We are a civilized society and guns should not be needed to be used against each other.
    Unless these "Antifa" people were imported from other countries ...

-remember this?
    https://time.com/4501924/barack-obama-r … d-nations/

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/ … ees-227167

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I think Trump is sitting it out and let the Democratic mayors and Governors handle it. It is to Trump's benefit to expose the Democrats as weak on law and order.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Also, if he took action, you know those Dems would come unglued.

7. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

This is yet another cause with a fair reason to start a conversation that I have ceased to sympathize with due to the radical behavior.

I suggest we remember that when our toddlers threw tantrums as good parents we did not give in and pacify them. We understood to allow anti social behavior to be rewarded would only cause more anti social behavior.

The difference of course is that our toddlers did not destroy everything around them.  If they tried they were stopped, with as much force as necessary.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was watching a segment created by Larry Elder. They had a quote that I thought so aptly describes the left (not the radical far left)

'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' I think some of those trying to justify the insanity are paving that road for America. What they haven't accepted is that the only thing good intentions will do for this movement is embolden the violence. Nothing, save societal collapse, will be good enough for the mobs.

https://youtu.be/kVSYFTg0S44
          I'm seeing too many videos like this.

Tell me who the Karens in the world are, again? BLM is a part of the great hoax that America is 'racist'. One of our major problems is we are growing more and more entitled,in such a way that people are so ignorant that they take videos where they are clearly in the wrong yet post them and scream 'racist'.

This is what you get when we sacrifice our children with poor education. These kids are snow flakes. They know nothing about our history. They know nothing about our system of government and economics. They know nothing about the progress we have made and the great people that made them.
            George Santayama - "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

You could tell from that video the mother had raised her child to feel entitled and was setting a poor example with her behavior.

I think we should do a Go Fund Me to raise enough in order to give some of these people perspective. Let them go on a world tour. Live in other countries a few months here, and there. Specifically countries whose ideology is driving the insanity. See what they think of how minorities, gays, free speech, etc. is viewed under other systems of government. They might come back with a different perspective.

Agreed totally. Some of the most racist nations are found in the Far East, in the MiddleEast and in parts of Europe. America is one nation that has moved past that...we are a melting pot of all races...

8. hard sun profile image78
    hard sunposted 3 years ago

This video represents the main reason why I can no longer support Democrats. They are using BLM and anti-American sentiment to fund raise. Who are the real Nazis here?  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=vi … ORM=VDRVRV

HS, sorry, from where I am sitting Trump and current crop of Republicans are far worse.

Really Cred? You can look at those idiots harassing an old lady with a walker and justify it with a 'yeah but. . .'

Your only response is to bring Trump into the discussion?

As you say; Cred, sorry, from where I am sitting that is just plain avoidance BS. I bet you just knew that old lady deserved that treatment because she was a Republican, right.

GA

You must have some sort of secret affinity for Trump. HS said that he could not support Democrats and the opposite of Democrats is?

I am not excusing boorish behavior from anybody but there is much more of that coming from Trump and his Black Shirts on the Right, in every way. I will have plenty of time to take my ire out on Republicans next fall when they get their clocks cleaned so I have no need to advocate brutalizing old ladies.

A secret affinity for Trump . . . now you're a comedian too?  No one had introduced Trump into the discussion except you. if you must point to opposites as validation for your inclusion, wouldn't it be more accurate to say Republicans or conservatives, rather than an individual?

Nope, the Trump introduction is all yours bud. And it doesn't help you either.

If all you have is yeah, buts . . . , then you are running on empty in the validation race.

You may have "no need to advocate brutalizing old ladies," but what does it say that you only address it with a Trump , yeah but . . . "?

GA

Trump is the Republican Party, the Republican Party is Trump.

This should be obvious to you in the review of the past 3 years, they are inseparable.

You have a president that has benefited black people. Yes, anyone in their right mind can find Trump's character a problem. But he listens to all the people. he has worked to make every attempt to make things better.

Not sure what you feel Trump has done to make things worse for black people.

Facts truly show he has provided some very positive changes for black people.

The Democrats have become very scary, with policies that change with the wind. They show no organization and pander with a nonsensical far-left agenda, as they always have. Making promises that in no respect can they keep. Trump made promises he has kept or is working on keeping.

My gosh, not sure how anyone could align themself at this point with the Dem party.  The party is not even recognizable except for the crazy political ploys they always pull out every presidential election.

Time to look at Trump's deeds, and get past a media that seeks 24/7 to twist the context of his words and all he does. Do some true research.

I have already done the research and I still do not like what I see. You have to sit in my shoes to see the world from my perspective instead of others telling us what we should see.

The media attack is just an excuse for Trump who by his own words, defines himself. He stills operates on an US vs THEM  platform which is divisive on its face.

You look at things from the view of a conservative white female, have you considered the possibility that your world view is not universally held? I am the LaST person to find those views as anywhere near palatable to my own and we are not crazy. Many of the facets of the left sound unreasonable to you but for many of us many of the ideas are spot on.

The media attack is 24/7. It baffles me how wonderfully intelligent people can't see this kind of media as a problem.  One can click into CNN or MSNBC at any point of the day or night and you will not go three seconds before you realize they are reporting something negative about Trump. Come on Man... You know this is true. This is propaganda.

You are completely right on when you state facets of the left sound unreasonable.  I take pride in handling my own problems, I would never be satisfied with a Government calling the shots. This attitude does not come with my gender or my skin color or a political party. It comes from my upbringing, my education, my religion.

This sums up the difference between Republicans and the Democrats of today. And note I say Democrats of today.

It is very apparent you are fighting for police reform. I must ask why are you not screaming at the top of your lungs about all the death each week in regard to black on black murder?  You do realize how many babies, children have been shot in the past two weeks, just playing, watching tv, sitting in Dad's car. They were not human beings that chose to break the law and be killed during an arrest. I don't see you being at all incensed by these killings,. Do you think you might want to have a good long look at problems your race is causing to their own?   I see no protests for these children, I only see fund me pages to bury them.

You ask why republicans don't become involved in your law enforcement policy reform protests. Perhaps it is very obvious to anyone with even a bit of common sense your communities need more police.

Not sure how black people can sit by and watch this kind of carnage.

So, what about FOX and the conservative media outlets, they are hardly the example of truly objective reporting....

Your upbringing, education and religion is different from my own and it shapes my attitude and world view.

Conservatives love to operate in a world of absolutes, from our perspective the Government has been more of an aid than an impediment.

I am not suggesting you tune into Fox, I am encouraging you to look for internet sites that provide nonbias reports.

You are correct that many conservatives do live in a world of absolutes. Feeling right is right wrong is wrong and wrong as a rule leads to problems. These ethics do offer a peaceful life. Bring up once children correctly, help your children get a good education, and make sure they have a lifeline in regard to beliefs. Could these values hurt any society and race or could they start to create change?

2. GA Anderson profile image88

What idiots. So full of righteous piss and vinegar that they can't see how wrong they are.

And they will go home thinking they are righteous warriors for social justice . . . *sigh* I am too old to offer further tolerance for this idiocy.

Reminds me of a news clip I saw of a female protester that had removed her top to get in the face of a black policeman and deriding him as an "Uncle Tom" who was too dumb—because he hadn't gone to Weslyan(sp?), like her— to know he was working for "whitey."

That was a real picture of "dumb" This topless protester strutting her stuff in the face of the police line while proclaiming her superiority because she had gone to Weslian(sp?) College—and she was smart enough to know what was what. Geesh.

*click image
      https://hubstatic.com/15094752.jpg

GA

9. IslandBites profile image91
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

Erm, that (old lady) video is apparently from Canada, from last year and even the organizers of the protest denounced them.

“I have never seen [the people blocking the woman] before last night,” she said. “If I had been there at that spot, at that moment … I would have stepped in to stop it, because that wasn’t what we were there for...I don't think that harassing ... old folks and people that have disabilities is a good thing," he said.

10. hard sun profile image78
    hard sunposted 3 years ago

I've gone through the ringer over my views on this as people know I was a liberal who voted for Obama. I've even been warned by FB for simply stating not all the whites are the devil. Apparently that is hate speech.

I've said something similar to the following in a few FB groups where I was being attacked as racist for saying All Lives Matter, and I think I actually got through to some of the BLM supporters:

"I've been attacked by a police dog while I was sleeping, was given the max sentence for a first and only felony, and had no job waiting for me when I got out of the joint. I worked Mcdonald's with a bachelor's and a Master's all but thesis. I was lucky though. I've seen friends, black, Hispanic, white, beaten by police, one killed by police, evidence planted on them, etc. This is my only point but people want to attack you if you say the truth...that police brutality and the injustice system is a problem for all races. It's mostly a matter of income disparity. NO officers would live in our neighborhood, lol. They won't even stop at the local gas station to get a doughnut but they will to make a bust involving whites, black, Hispanics, or some combination thereof BUT look at my skin color? White and blacks go to the same less-privileged schools here, whietc.You see...skin is only one factor."

Having said all this. We need the police. There are good police and I stand with them also.

11. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

After this weekend I'd say BLM has gone too far. Black lives lost at the hands of black people (the highest rate of violence against that demographic)obviously don't matter to them.

It does seem there is no real outrage from the communities these murders are taking place. Odd that Black people do not care to address this horrendous problem. Makes one wonder. It is very sad, and ones again these Democratic cities keep the faith of black people. Very strange, hard to comprehend. 

And yes, I have seen no one from BLM make any form of a statement on the increase of black on black killings. This is one reason I have no respect for the organization. They seem hell-bent on abolishing law enforcement or shrinking it due to defunding, and at this point, the general black population really needs more police to handle the black on black crime. This is so nonsensical.

12. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

This is what BLM will be most remembered for accomplishing.

https://hubstatic.com/15097289.jpg

That sums it up. They just have no other agenda that really works to help systemic racism. They address one problem with regard to law enforcement and offer no real solutions that would help black communities. Defunding or abolishing law enforcement is nonsensical and will add to their problems.

Over the weekend an 8-year-old girl was murdered in Atlanta. Last week the protesters in Atlanta wanted to abolish the police... Today they are screaming due to the lack of police in the area the child was killed. Does any of this make sense? They go whichever way the wind blows. They hook up with BLM over the past weeks to get rid of police presence, then cry a week latter want more police presence.

The black citizens need help but are looking at the wrong party for that help. The Democratic politicians have them under their thumb, and little change will ever come. One would think more black people would recognize this fact.

They are pawns to a white left movement, they have them thinking to remove statues will bring them the changes they need, as well as ridding themselves of law enforcement. It's odd that more blacks just can't see that all this will bring them is no police or statues...And a bunch of far-left white people saying "we Won"!

But how have these changes made their lives better? The statues are more likely not in their neighborhoods,. And they will no longer have any kind of law and order, no one to call when their child is killed...

I hate to say this but this is why Black people don't see change, they depend on others such as Government, and white protesters, and a black group that clearly have no concept on what would make things better in regard to systemic racism. 

The media has made heroes out of these white protesters, and BLM. They make little mention of all the weekend violence each and every week that occurs.  Black on black killing is breaking records, and many killed are children. This kind of media makes one think black people care little about black on black killing. that they care more about removing the status of their children being shot. I see no outrage about these killings, I hear no, this is unacceptable or we need help in solving this horrendous problem. What I see from media is, no one cares about these crimes. All that media helps in with in regard to the murdered children is announcing "fund me pages" to bury them. 

It's very sad and laughable at the same time.

13. Readmikenow profile image93

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters, family says

"A group of nearby strangers overheard the comment and confronted Whitaker’s group, according to the station.

Ramirez alleged that the group shouted “Black Lives Matter,” to which either Whitaker or someone else in their group reportedly responded with, “All Lives Matter.”

A brief argument ensued until both sides separated after realizing the other was armed, Fox 59 reported. Ramirez claimed that both sides managed to resolve the argument before separating.

But minutes later, someone reportedly opened fire from a nearby bridge, striking Whitaker, before running away, the station said."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-woma … supporters

14. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 3 years ago

I know that all you Conservative types are having field day over here, so let me offer you a cold shower.

Our plan is to defeat Trump the Republicans and their disgusting ideologies so soundly this Fall, that the GOP would not dare offer a candidate like him again, ever.

No slight of hand trick with Electoral College this time. Trump has been as slippery as an eel, but this time we will get firm grip.

Things don't seem to be going well for Democrats.  In order to defeat President Donald Trump it would require having his base of voters cross the line.  That is not happening, Republican voters are even increasing.

This is from 3 days ago.

"Trump gets some good election news: GOP voter registrations outpace Dems"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/1 … ion-355152

Dunno, Mike, I like this a little better.....

I know we have a while until Election Day, but it is a lot to overcome.

https://www.electoral-vote.com

What are the "disgusting Republican ideologies"?

Trump was nothing more than the people's FU to Washington DC that had long ago sold out the American people to corporations and international institutions.

If Trump wins again, it will be because the people again told Washington DC (and its corporate MSM supporters) to go F itself.

What we have now is a growing culture war of the elites VS the people.

Duped fools that fall in line with the elites' machinations join groups like Antifa and BLM thinking they are bringing with them the revolution that will right old wrongs and set them free. 

They are nothing more than tools for the truly rich and wealthy that are bringing change to this nation that will do away with our liberties and freedoms and the Constitution that has protected those rights for over 200 years.

It is sad, that the people who for so long suffered without those equal rights, having only received the true value of the Constitution themselves for the last generation  (50+ years) are now unwittingly working to throw them away.

Over the last 30 years the politicians in DC have allowed for opportunity (jobs) to flee to other nations so that corporations could enrich themselves (BTW China does not allow their businesses to do that, Japan does not allow that, and that is why these nations will have strong economies after ours collapses).

And now that this pandemic has destroyed the service industry (which 60% of the American economy was dependant on, because we went from the world's leading industrial & technologically advanced nation to a service based one over the last 30 years) opportunity is at the lowest point it has ever been in the history of this nation.

The American people probably don't recognize this, the reality of our economic destitution has yet to hit home.  They are hiding this by "printing" trillions of dollars to keep the economy afloat, to give people "free" money... to hide the fact that our nation's economy is doomed, and after its crash we will be a much lesser nation.

Regardless of whether its Trump or Biden, things are going to get seriously worse before they ever get better... and they will never get back to the opportunity and upward mobility people enjoyed for the last 75 years.

If Biden gets elected, the SJW, Marxist and Globalist agendas will get the support of the Administration.

If Trump gets re-elected we will have a new form of 'civil-war' being played out where corporations try to ignore and upend the President and the government at every turn.

Many Governors will go "independant" in many States, places like CA, WA, IL, and NY will be bastions for lawlessness.

That pretty much sums up the future... economic hard times ahead no matter who wins.  And a Social Credit System war waged against the population, with the government's help if Biden wins, and without the government's help if Trump wins.

I qualify my statement "disgusting", I simply prefer the political and ideological views of the Democrats better.

Trump is the hero of the white folks, because no one else votes for him in any appreciable numbers, why is that?

And I STILL say he is going to protect the corporate class and his social class before he considers the people. He IS the Elite but fools so many in thinking that he really is going to help them.

The effect of those "wrongs" resonate into today's America. This is the kind of "shakeup"that I want. There is not going to be a revolution, but anything that clearly resists the enemy of progress from my standpoint are my allies.
        ---
        "They are nothing more than tools for the truly rich and wealthy that are bringing change to this nation that will do away with our liberties and freedoms and the Constitution that has protected those rights for over 200 years."
        -----
        Those freedoms and liberties obviously haven't been protecting everyone for two centuries. If this nation would have had the conscience to have addressed the lack of liberty for so many just a century ago, we would not need to have this conversation.Fifty years, within my lifetime, is so brief a time that a "backslide" is possible, the Right is my adversary and would turn back the clock on all the hard won gains and we all know that and vote accordingly.

Jobs have been lossed under the watch of both parties and Trump is not the savior so many of you say that  he is. His own company has been outsourcing for years, why should I believe that he will institute policies putting himself at a disadvantage? That is completely out of character for the kind of (man) Trump is.

So, who do we blame for the American decline? Everybody is responsible and Trump is hardly a solution.

You paint a bleak picture regardless of who wins, but I will cast my lot in with Democrats, regardless.

You have quite a viewpoint, let's hope that you are incorrect for all of our sakes.

Right, you are fighting an old war, against old enemies long since marginalized, that you think hold sway over the Republicans and the Republic.

What other nation, or perhaps the question is, what other civilization has allowed for the minority to flourish and attain equal status?

Do the Chinese allow minorities full rights and access to employment and upward mobility?

Do the Japanese?

Does Zimbabwe?

Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia?

Where are you able to improve your life more if you are a minority, or a foreigner than here?

And its all being thrown away right now, its all being deconstructed right in front of our eyes... and you cannot see it, because you are not looking forward, you are looking back towards past wrongs, and past suffering.

Ignoring the very fact that your life is better, and the opportunity for you children was better, than anything you ancestors had before you.

You, and all those who are determined to change the system, are the tools of those who control the system... by dividing by race, and party, and sexual orientation we are a fragmented people unwilling to join together to fight for one another against the oppression (economic and systemic) that is to come.

We will fight one another over scraps, as the system that endured for over 200 years as a beacon a promise of a better way than tyranny and totalitarianism falls to those very enemies.

We will be too busy fighting one another, because we have been so well divided, because we are so weak of character and constitution, to do anything about it.

We have never been more divided, never been more polarized, and never faced a nation that had more economic might and more will and determination than our own (China)... but we face all those things now.

Well, Ken,  from where I sit, the "old enemies" are not so much marginalized but have simply made themselves over and  disguised themselves with a new coat of paint.

But, this isn't just any other nation, this is America and it is supposed to be exceptional, right? It is always easy to consign someone else the role of 2nd class status as long as you are not part of that, right?

who would believe that anyone would acquiesce in being satisfied and grateful for mere crumbs from the table of bounty above?

By pushing for more, better and faster, how am I helping those that actually control the system? Is my being silent and oblivious to this better?

--------
            "Where are you able to improve your life more if you are a minority, or a foreigner than here?
            -------------
            Sounds like the old John Wayne comment, "where can blacks have a better life than in America". But, in reality, that's not good enough.

We are simply not going to all rally around nor rejoice aspects of white supremacy regardless of how cleverly it is presented and maintained.

We are going to continue to fight each other with China as a second front. With ongoing progress on 1 front we can all focus together on the other.

The times show a great deal of polarization in many areas and they may well defy solution. With the hopeful demographic transitions toward mid century, many of the more egregious problems may be sorted out.

If we want to survive, "the system" will need to continue to improve in the direction of a true meritocracy with extraneous factors that have been contrary to that kept constantly on the run. The 200 year "status quo" enduring is not good enough. Otherwise, the promise will be more domestic turmoil, with China being the least of our problems.

Cheese and whine. That's all the left is.

The ones who've put on a new coat, to hide the stripes, is the democratic party.

There are no second class citizens in America. There are no oppressed. Ken is correct, this nation as it stood before the bs went into full swing is the world's best chance for equality and freedom.

Be part of tearing it all down. Continue to try to let identity politics rip apart this country.

This movement isn't looking for equality. They want power and their idea of justice is not justice. It's dreaming of retribution on the living for the sins of the dead.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
                gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you, LTL.

2. savvydating profile image88
                savvydatingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"This movement isn't looking for equality. They want power and their idea of justice is not justice. It's dreaming of retribution on the living for the sins of the dead."

No question about that. The Board of Directors are un-apologetically Marxist. For example, Susan Rosenberg, who sits on the Board of Directors for BLM is a convicted terrorist. She was sentenced to 58 years in prison, spent 18 years there until Bill Clinton commuted her sentence. She was convicted for bombing the US states Capitol Building, the US Naval War College and New York's Patrolmen's Assoc.
                The movement promotes Marxist ideals, to include dismantling the nuclear family. They support Palestine. They want to overthrow the system altogether. The original founders, Alicia Garza, Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors are all self-admitted trained Marxists. They receive millions from corporate and political sponsors who "jockey for space beneath their ideological umbrella."
                Given their strength, Ken's predictions may come true.... but we may still have a little bit of leeway here and there.
                But make no mistake, world domination by any Marxist group means control by elitists at the top and zero freedom for most others, even for those who naively fell into lock-step.
                It's a shame because slavery ended long ago. Today, we are all free.

Well said.

you are so right. BLM is a radical group and they will not succeed. Most people are not going to be fooled by this. As usual, these groups will go too far and expose themselves as the fraud they are. We are already seeing the result of police defunding, cutbacks and holdback...and it is leading to more violence, more black deaths and more crimes...and chaos.

What supremacy do I have over you?

What happened in the 60s or 70s doesn't matter to me, I care about that just as much as you care about the Indentured Servitude from 1600s and 1700s.

The past is the past... be it 40 years ago or 400.

What is the CURRENT situation?

Explain to me what my being White does for me.

I won't be filing an EO complaint anytime soon,  It doesn't help me get a scholarship to a University based on race.  I'm not going to be winning any lawsuits because I was discriminated against.

Those RICH white people are able to get their kids into those universities and can just show up and get the job they want.  But I'm not rich.

That's the problem Credence... you see white... you don't see rich, you don't see the obscene amount of wealth and control the 1% and their lackeys have as the problem... you see skin color.

The only white people you will ever hurt are other poor and middle class people keeping racism alive, it limits your ability to work with others that have similar goals and common hurdles in life.

There is a reason why the MSM spotlights every black-persons death, while ignoring every white person who dies from police violence.  There is a reason why they highlight the crazy white woman calling the cops on a black man, while ignoring the white woman who donates her fortune to helping a black family.

They are stoking those flames of hatred, they want you to see the world in black and white, white supremacy, patriarchy, nuclear family, do away with it all!  Set yourself free!

Relive those racist times of your past!  Bring them back to life!  Destroy the white man's world (just happens to be the same world you are living in, and when their world goes to crap so will yours, but who cares!)  vengeance and justice will be yours!

No... we will be the Chinese in the not too distant future... we will have their Social Credit System, we will have a totalitarian 'one world' international oversight that will supersede our Sovereignty and Constitution, and you will see your grand-kids grow up in a world with less rights and opportunity than your children had.

And the rich will still be rich and more untouchable than ever before.

You see Ken, I lived during the 1960s and 70s and we always remain on the watch to make sure that what supposedly have been corrected in race relations since then stays corrected and stays on course. For good or for ill, that is a focus of much of our politics.

I don't have the luxury to forget the past anymore than the Jews can be expected to forget what happened to them during the holocaust. The faster and more certain this culture moves toward racial harmony the sooner I will have the luxury to consign it to the past and move on.

With Anglo net worth 10 to 20"times greater than that of black families, yes, you are "rich". Why don't you explain that disparity to me in this so called post racial society?

Yes, I am Black but I am not Oprah, I look at the broad statistics and not individual circumstances that can vary.

I see all forms of non merit based to inequity whether race or social economics as the cause and will continue resist both.

Whites are invited to provide their videos evidence of unjustied police aggression. We will work together to combat police brutality. But, is that really a desire from the white side?

I don't keep racism alive, it is a foundation of the American culture. I don't see the individual components of the atmosphere, but that does not mean that they don't exist.

So, I see both race and wealth and I would be a fool if I believe that they were not interrelated.

I watch everything and everybody, to be sure that we have action to support all the encouraging words.

Why is it the "white man's world" in the first place? That is the first of a problematic attitude. Are we all to rally around this idea instead of a more inclusive attitude?

The Right simply attacks the foundation of American democracy from a different direction, which is just as insidious if not more so.

We are all supposed to be content with the Trump model and that of conservatives as a point to rally from as a nation? Hardly....

15. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 3 years ago

Ok, you all can "lighten up" now.

No one is advocating tearing down "the system", but those that refuse to listen to grievances about it as it is, contribute to "tearing it down".

We have been here before. Fifty years ago, Vietnam was at the center of the controversy that divided people, we survived it. So, don't be afraid of dissent because it is healthy and will always be with us.

Of course, Ken and other conservatives will always speak of the "good old days" before disharmonious voices were allowed to speak and be heard.

We are NOT all on the same page nor rally around Donald Trump as mediator and chief.
    Is that OK with you all, that his presidency and style is a focus of grievance in of itself ?No one is talking about overthrowing him, but we are talking about concerted efforts to remove him thru the ballot process, next fall. Is that OK with all of you?

I have no problem with reasonable dialogue and dissent. Who cares if some don't like the current president.

The left appears to be incapable of reasonable dialogue. Your post is a prime example of how many on the left refuse to discuss the issues. They just act like those who disagree see it as an attack on Trump. Bringing up invalid points that do not mirror anything brought up on the other side.

The main problem is the new left is not seeing others who disagree. They are (apparently) purposely creating caricatures in their minds and attributing characteristics of those characters to live individuals, in order to avoid meaningful dialogue and validate violence.

Well, we say that the Right is stubborn, obtuse and determined to keep the oligarchs and fat cats in power and authority at any cost.

So, six of one, one half dozen of the other.

We all will disagree about the current President and his administration, the question is will he survive to win a second term? The people will decide that, not just the Left.

I am open to dialogue, what do you think we are doing now? The fact that you don't like what you hear does not preclude this.

All you complaints about regarding the Left can be attributed to conservatives and the Right from our side.

2. Readmikenow profile image93

"we are talking about concerted efforts to remove him thru the ballot process, next fall."

That is all those on the left have now.  The Russia hoax failed, the bogus impeachment failed, trying to say he was mentally unfit failed, etc. etc. NOW the left wants to try and vote him out?  I think because all of the left's dirty tactics and trickery failed.

Good luck with Joe Biden.

Have you had the opportunity to read  Biden's 110 pages of Biden's agenda?  It is so ridiculous one really wonders how the hell does the  Dem party feel this kind of stuff would appeal to anyone. It's a length read, but it gets worse as it goes.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads … ATIONS.pdf

IT seems best Joe stays in the basement. The wonderful dream agenda is not being covered much even on Fox. Zero on CNN.

Shar,

Thanks for sharing.

There is not one single thing in there that is realistic.  Anyone with any sense and is in touch with reality would be shocked reading this agenda.

Mike, yes, it's laughable, so ridiculous CNN has seen fit to bury it deep. But, not deep enough... LOL

Mike, if Trump loses it won't be solely based on the ire of the Left, but on the majority of the electorate. He is running scared, as he should be.  It will be America, not the Left that will vote him out. But, he needs to stop bitching about mail in ballots which makes him appear to not support free and open elections.

And by Jove, if he and the Right loses this election he had better step down without trouble.

While Biden is not my ideal. I will take my chances with him over Trump.

Running scared? No way, he as always is very transparent with his opinion about Biden's agenda and doing the job he was hired for. The Dems do not have a chance of winning with Joe Biden. Each day their chances get worse with all the crazy left antics. Just today more silliness  Berkley will no longer have traffic stops. I would think this will make much think if they truly want far-left politicians or a president. Hopefully, the left even becomes more embolden with these kinds of changes. Pretty scary, pretty silly I would say. Trump might even sweep California the way they are having to live under all these crazy changes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand … 1b081070fa

Outside of his die-hard fans, the man is very unpopular. Can he win in spite of all this? Only time will tell.

Besides, hasn't Berkeley always been at the forefront of silly stuff? It is going to take a lot more than recognition of that to save Trump.

National Association of Police Organizations endorses Trump: 'We anticipate' another four years

https://www.foxnews.com/media/national- … acks-trump

I think the protest against the police is making a great impression on American's. I would believe the majority are well done with this lawlessness and have had their fill of any form of protesters.

The Dem run cities are setting examples of what one can expect under Biden, and it is not something the majority will be willing to live with.

Trump has a huge base, and even though they don't come out often to come up against left protesters. We are here waiting to vote, and no COVID will keep us from the polls. Conservatives hold principles above all. We don't hit the streets and steam in cops faces, We put our power behind our vote. All the left is doing is disgusting citizens with crazy ideas. American's like law and order, we like a good economy, we like to provide a good education to our children. Biden's agenda blatantly stamps all we love out. I am talking all American's not right or left. It is my hope the left-wing of the party keeps putting all their new ideas for America out there... Could not be happier with how things are going in the past few weeks.

Close Hartwer and private schools, raise taxes, defund the police (while crime is already running out of control in Dem rub cities) ... Amnesty, welfare, health insurance to immigrants that are here illegally. No more borders... It's all in the 110  pages of Joe's agenda. Hopefully, he will come up with more while in his basement. "Arizona is a city.."  Come on now... here is a link to Biden's list of crazy enjoy.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads … ATIONS.pdf

Let's look at the big picture. Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million votes in 2016.

He managed that loss against a candidate, Hillary Clinton, who had highnegatives, herself.

Trump consistently has low approval ratings, lower than any of his 4 predecessors at similar points during their terms of office.

The slight of hand he pulled using the Electoral College in 2016 will be hard to duplicate this time as his support has fallen and the Democrats are surging.

Democrats have a far better chance of turning Texas blue, than California ever casting its electoral votes for Trump.

His luck has ran out.

Déjà vu ---  I guess we will have to wait a bit to see if your prediction is acurate.  His approval rating with Republicans has always been very high and remains that way. It will be interesting to see which way independents vote.  I agree with your view in regards to Hillary having high negatives. It appears Biden has a mentation problem, that can't be positive.

I think it a disgrace that his party and his wife chooses to use him in this fashion. It is unbelievable to me that anyone would consider voting for Biden in his condition. It confirms my feeling that the party means more than a candidate. They could run a frog and the sheep would follow. To me, this does not say much about the persons that cast that vote.

We have a hard choice once again, but how the heck could you vote for such a man?  I would ask if you read his agenda, but I know you have, I posted it in another thread.

Dem's have no real chance of winning Texas, read Joe's plan on energy(Oil) and steel industry... Not only will he have problems with Texas voters in regards to the oil and steel industry, but Texas also has the most cattle in the United States followed by Nebraska and Kansas.

So, you feel Texas might turn blue when Joe has promised to attack Texas's three biggest industries?  Go figure... Do you know how many jobs would be lost? No chance of becoming blue.

he does not need luck, he has a huge base, and many that will hold their nose to keep their jobs. One thing Trump has proved himself well at is creating jobs, and protecting jobs. He has not been shy at making every attempt to cut job-killing regulations.

There is nothing "free and open" about mail in ballots.

Fraud and tampering will run rampant.

We have tampering in elections as it is, and both 'sides' have been caught doing it.  When you resort to mail in ballots, the problem will be tenfold.

There will be no way to know how many of those ballots were stolen from mailboxes,and sent in by others.

Or filled out by family members rather than the actual person (the elderly in particular will be victimized) and who knows how many more scams will be thought up.

And if Trump wins by 5 million votes, or 10 million, and the charges of rampant fraud spread all over CNN and MSNBC... what are you going to do then?

Complain that they never should have been allowed?

And you think Biden is the salvation the country needs?

You think he has the chops (or the wits) to go rounds with Trump?

This is, and always has been a farce.

Biden at best is a puppet, and from what I can tell, the people pulling the strings have nothing good in mind for Americans or this country.

Biden serves the interests of a journalistic, academic, professional, cultural, and political elite who will serve Beijing's interests and globalization agendas, neither which benefit American citizens.

America is absorbed in its self flagellation over every conceivable wrong and injustice ever committed. We are a weak and pathetically fragmented society incapable of unifying against a larger external threat.

While China commits outright genocide against Uighur Muslims in West China (organ harvesting is good business) America has paralyzing riots for weeks over the wrongful death of one person.

China has managed to exploit the recent pandemic, marshaling all the awesome power of its surveillance state against the illness, while we argued about whether we were hurting the feelings of the world's most vicious and repressive regime by blaming them for lying about whether this disease could even be transmitted by human beings.

We have idiots like Deblasio defunding NY City's police and letting rioters take control of his city while China is squashing dissent in Hong Kong and oppressing its neighbors under the threat of military invasion.

We are fast tracking our decline as a nation, while China is growing ever more powerful and tightening its control over ever more nations.

Soon, no one will care who control's this country, or who discriminates against who, America will no longer be relevant enough for anyone to take note.  This is the future a Biden administration is sure to usher in.

Well, Ken, the attached article speaks to my view on the topic. I could care less about Trump's opinion and his followers that are more concerned about discouraging voting, where a more robust electorate tends to correlate with GOP defeat. So, I am not surprised.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/05 … poses.html

"While China commits outright genocide against Uighur Muslims in West China (organ harvesting is good business) America has paralyzing riots for weeks over the wrongful death of one person."

I live here and not in China. America hardly gets to wear the "white hat" in its international behavior over the last 70 years or so.

3. wilderness profile image94

That would be true if "free and open elections" means that the dead can vote, that people can vote multiple times, that non-citizens can vote, etc. etc. etc.

But it doesn't, now does it?

Here is a list of some factual voter fraud our Government found. These kinds of things just don't get reported even though voter fraud is so widespread.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteh … dcases.pdf

Scrolling through that long, long list of crimes, I notice that a great many of them (most in my unscientific glance) were about the use of absentee ballots.  Mail in voting, in other words, and what is being demanded for the entire country rather than the tiny percentage that we see now.

But of course voter fraud is non-existent and no one ever uses mail in ballots of any kind to commit a crime!

And the Dems proclaim Russia wants to interfere in our election process. We need not look at Russia, just at our Democratic representatives that are pushing mail-in ballots countrywide.

That one does indeed appear to be purely domestic efforts to gain political power at the expense of the nation and it's people.  Not Russia, not China, not even the EU in general.  Just local (meaning American) politicians wanting to pad their own pocketbooks and control the population more than they can right now.

Say what you will, Wilderness, it is only the GOP that is keen on suppressing votes. But, Trump is so unpopular that it won't work this time

Personally I'm quite happy with "suppressing" the votes of those that do not have the right to vote.  Other than that, the GOP has not been guilty of suppressing votes for a long time.

I do think that, this time around, the Dem's have found a way to scrounge millions of illegal votes to aid their cause, though - the use of the COVID emergency has been a windfall for them in many ways, one of which is to gather many illegal votes.  They've already tried to advance their agenda of more government power, using that emergency, and there is little (actually NO doubt) that they will continue to do so.  Politics at it's best, right?

I am concerned about repressing the votes that do have the right to vote.

As for your second paragraph, it is an hallucination on your part without anything to substantiate it.

I fear that Trump will call upon his fascist tendencies to stay in office once voted out.

You need to read about all the voter fraud that occurs.  it occurs every election. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteh … dcases.pdf

As far as your third paragraph, I don't see how that would happen.  Unlike the Democrat party...Republicans respect the rule of law.  Illegal voting is just a way of life when running against a Democrat candidate.  Their voter fraud is calculated when determining voter percentages.  I've worked on enough campaigns to know this is the reality of running against Democrats.

2. wilderness profile image94

But no one is doing that and no one is proposing that.  So what's the problem?

Nothing to substantiate it but a long list of people convicted of voting fraud, mostly on absentee (mail-in) ballots.  Or did you miss that?

16. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

Where did the original BLM protest cry go?  Many Democratic-run cities are still continuing to have riots night. Ton's of damages to property and many hurt and killed. I have not heard any demands that ring true of the original BLM battle cry --- Reform the police.  All I am witnessing is looting, and burning of businesses.

The very cities where these protests are taking place the Mayors have promised police reform and tied the hands of the police to handle the looters and violent rioters.

Perhaps it time for BLM to realize the groups that are protesting at this point are protesting to bring their hardline left agendas to the forefront, and it now has little to do with police reform anymore...

1. savvydating profile image88
      savvydatingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sharlee..... Police reform and justice is merely the Trojan horse. The cause is never the cause. The organizers of BLM know that. Peaceful protesters do not.

You might want to familiarize yourself with Rules For Radicals by Saul Alinsky.

look what they did to Michelle Malkin -
        https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 … rally.html

I believe BLM are nothing more than domestic terrorists.  They try to intimidate and control through fear.  They are the 21st Century Bolsheviks.  Their support is based on ignorance of their reality.

17. Readmikenow profile image93

Branco once again brilliantly captures the reality of the situation with BLM as he does so many other political situations.

https://hubstatic.com/15119340.jpg

i say All Black Lives Matter - ABLM.
      From now on, every-time a black person is killed, we should put his or her name on a plaque and place it on 5th Ave. Wall of shame.

Deleted

18. The Masked Marauder profile image70
    The Masked Marauderposted 3 years ago

Humor is often well used to diffuse anger. That's all Jack.

well, All that is required for evil to triumph is for good people to say nothing...
      guess who said that?

Edmund Burke

Good people just take a little longer. They will prevail.
          That's my prediction.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

Nope. Burke said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

GA

1. The Masked Marauder profile image70

"Seeing it does not make it real, and reading it does not make it true. Use a little common-sense and trust your instincts." Some old curmudgeon said that. LOL.

what did I say that was different?  It is the same idea...

Ya, it is essentially the same idea, as long as the difference between "say" and "do" are considered to represent what you meant.

But, if you are going to use a quote, and attribute it to its author, you should at least get the quote right and not just offer a paraphrase.

You would have been fine if you just offered your paraphrase to convey a thought, but, (tsk. tsk.) going so far as to offer attribution demanded that you at least get the quote right.

But its all good jackclee, my comment was just a friendly jab. ;-)

GA

You are right, I will be more careful with my quotes in the future.

I was right? Damn, I'm gonna mark my calendar. ;-)

GA

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

War. Some want war.

They are the bad ones.
      Good against Bad.

Very elementary.

1. The Masked Marauder profile image70

"War is not healthy for children and other living things." Lorraine Art Schneider 1966.

Good for life.
          Bad for life.

The ultimate good is LIFE
          - whatever it takes.

Right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)