Joe Biden, Is He A Racist?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15123200_f1024.jpg
    Joe Biden has on several occasions has shared his view that he feels President Trump is a racist. It would appear Biden is making this accusation a big part of his campaign strategy. In my view, he has opened a door that will only lead to revealing some very ugly skeletons in his own closet.  Perhaps this ploy will bring him more grief than glory.

One could say Biden's vilification of black people is well documented over his many years in Government.  One could also say Biden's racist remarks covered ugly sentiments that go to the core of some of the worst racial insults one could imagine, referring to behavioral traits, poor hygiene, African heritage, and poor intellect.

May 2020: “You ain’t black.” In an interview with “The Breakfast Club,”  Biden made the remark to Charlamagne -- “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,”  It appears he used the word "ain't" too talk down to the radio host. Assuming this man would use slang instead of proper English.

February 2007: Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”... https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens … ommentsJoe Biden worried in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle'

He then said: "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle"
    So, thoughts  --- Is Joe Biden assists? He certainly feels it his duty to allege President Trump is a racist. 

Is this a case of the Pot Calling The Kettle Black"?

Should Biden be using racism as a ploy in his campaign?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, you have pointed out actual things he has said. Maybe at one time, he actually had his own thoughts.

Not any more.

Today, Joe Bidden is empty headed and apparently easily programed. After all, he is beholden to the Chinese. They have given him so much money (and then used his son to give him more.) So now, he has no will, no thoughts of his own. They have bought and paid for him. Poor Joe.

The best thing we can do to save the nation, (and Joe,) is vote for Trump, whether you like him or not.

Unless you  L I K E  being controlled by Communists!!!

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70
        Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "vote for Trump." Save America, Save Biden.                            But my fears or questions include:           One, will Trump ever submitted to professional recommendations in the economic or health sector, if that was in the heart of the nation?         Two, will Trump make America great again like Bush, Clinton, and Obama? Clearly, Trump is not egg-head. He seems equally empty headed, bought and program by the Senate You disagreed? Then how come he suggest bleach, a poison for covid-19 treatment? Why is that he along with his party men refuse to wear a face mask?                             I also fear he will use the second term jovially to derail the country. God forbid and save America!

What do you claim is in the heart of the majority of US citizens, regarding economics or health insurance?

Who made America great? Those presidents or the people of America doing what they do best: pursuing life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Trump is not an egg-head?
          is Biden?
          Is Warren?
          is Sanders
          Is Cortez?

He does not refuse to wear a face mask.

He wil not "jovially derail the country."

You, I have come to believe, are the alien from some other planet come to derail US.

Good luck with that.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's hilarious. The left has gone so crazy they will turn a blind eye to a life long racist because they choose to insist Trump is one.

If you ask me, the entire left sounds racist. But Biden is just, at times, parroting what they want him to say so they can all pretend he never said the other..

Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is hilarious. Not sure why they would feed this line of thought to Biden. Calling Trump a racist, when it is very evident Biden thinks differently about black people than he does about white people. His racial slips cover very stereotypical thoughts that most black people would find a racist insult. Using words like,  jungle, clean, poor kids can be as smart as white children.  And then there is his long time friendship with Bird...

Just not sure the Dems should have opened this can of worms.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

They won't see it as a can of worms because they won't be honest about it.

The left has turned into a freaky cult. Reality is skewed by their 'holy books' and their prophets.

3. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Biden was never my first choice, he was the least desirable candidate amongst the contenders in my opinion. How he was rocketed to the top of the race so quickly and suddenly has a sinister bent.

His record in regards to race is better than Trump's and along with Democratic standard values and principles that I support and can get him to adhere to, he remains the lesser of two evils. The same as so many conservatives saw Trump as preferable to Hillary Clinton, I see Biden as preferable to Trump.

I just hope our base is not turned off by Biden's many shortcomings and stay home, allowing Agent Orange to win by default.

I can not see your logic. Yes, this is once again a held your nose election. But, Trump has actually offered the black Americans a fair shake. I won't post the list again. I really feel many of his actions have proven to black people that he respects all Americans and is working to make things better for all. It sort of a shame his work has gone unnoticed by some of the black community.

Not sure how you could in the same breath compare values and principles with the Dems in Washington. Of course, it all depends on what one calls or recognizes as values.  I like deeds, not words. They are always quick to point out a mistake, but never really say what they would have done... Or in Joe's case, he just said I would do this, and it is something Trump has already done. It's hilarious.

"I am going to give our police departments to surplus army equipment to the police departments"... Trump returned all that Obama took away early on in his presidency.

Trump may be orange but Biden is made of wood, puppet wood.

1. Credence2 profile image79

Sharlee, most of us do not find Trump as helpful as you as all think that we should. It is a matter perspective. I saw your lists, but Democrats do and have done better.

I am not conservative, politically nor economically from the GOP/Trump perspective and I am not alone in that sentiment when one looks at the political challenges to Trump, today.

I am not interested in the police having powers akin to a branch of the armed forces.

What you cannot understand are concepts being embraced by millions and may well be enough to deny Trump a second term this Fall.

Done better. I must ask for a bit of an explanation on that one. An example or two. They have done better at making some believe things have gotten better. My Oh My...

And not sure if you have mot noted, Trump is about the furthest one could get from being conservative. He has shown many conservatives they were on a path to nowhere. It's a new day in America, and yes I support the Trump agenda, due to seeing it is precisely what this country needs at this point in our history. We need a problem solver, not a bandaid applier. 

I can't predict the outcome of the election, but I certainly can predict the outcome of a Biden presidency.

Please offer me a few examples of what the Dem party has done for black people. I would be interested in what you are clinging to.

I have noted some Dems complain about any and all Trump does, but they never add what they would have done... Very easy to do is it not?

It may not be so much what the Democrats have done over what they have not been doing

Blacks, regardless of some ideological differences within the group, still want civil rights and social justice principles protected. We will vote Democrat to sustain this over all our other  differences. And we are going to look poorly upon the groups that want to water the protections down, as the first reality of your not really being allies of ours.

https://civilrights.org/trump-rollbacks/

Have a look at a few of these and learn more about our areas of concern. How easy is it to perceive that we are going in the wrong direction?

I have read the list you offered. I can't agree that anything listed was is something I see a problem with. The majority of what is on the list I am very aware of. I  follow the president closely and do research into the reasoning behind each situation that leads to his decisions. He certainly does things differently than any other president has in my time, and I appreciate that. He uses common sense. It's hard to take because we are just not accustomed to seeing anyone in Government using it.

You did not answer my question what did the Dem do better? Al;l you offered was what you feel Trump did wrong... This is telling.
                The Dem have nit benefited black citizens in any respect, in fact they have held the majority back from ever meeting their potential.

Trump is offering solutions to problems, better education, better jobs, all-around better treatment... Biden is offering public schools, hoping to close private and charter schools. This just will never happen And if it did, the Dems will have their dream of shoving children into public schools they control. Actually that's what most black children have now... How's that working out?  Guess in the end it would appear the blacks ended up with public schools. Not sure how that helps black children. Again take a moment and thing, perhaps you the Dems tell you they have done things to make things better for blacks. But in the end, you end up full circle.

I wish you could have just given one example of something the Dems have done to make things better for black people. It would be interesting to have something I may have missed.

1. wilderness profile image93
                  wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got as far as the first item on the list - the "Muslim travel ban" - and quit reading.  If that outright lie is indicative of the rest of the list it isn't worth the 5 minutes to scan it.

You must be a speed reader?  I could see right off that the list was compiled of actions that Trump and his administration had taken over the past three years... Actions the Dems just did not like and saw the opportunity to stir up a pot of feed for those that step up every day for more fodder.

The things listed on that list have kept many in a form of political hysteria for over three years and now, and has resulted in a full into a full out frenzy at this point. Truly it appears to me many are unable to think or see things clearly. This could work out well...Just have to believe we have more citizens that are well over all the foolishness that we have witnessed over the past few years, and all the crazy that is going on now in the Dem cities. It all may work as a loud wake-up call.

2. Credence2 profile image79

You may not have a problem with the "list" but I and the majority of the black electorate does. So, the Democrats do not have to do anything but keep the Republicans from undoing hard earned gains.

There is trend to downplay agencies supporting civil rights at the federal level. And because certain people choose to ignore this does not make it any less valid.

Our position is that the Democrats are at least not destroying the agencies and concepts that were fought for so hard.

The entire mission of the Republicans is to roll back commitments at the federal level to support civil rights and facilitate the power of the monied oligarchs over the rest of us.

Trump is supposed to be doing all these wonderful things while destroying the very foundation that was built to provide enforcement and protection. I would not trust him as far as I can throw your party's mascot, sorry.

I said that the Dems fall short of my expectations, but I have a better chance with them than with Republicans who through Trump and the party attitude are trying to turn back the clock.

Do I need to give a specific Example, I can pick any of the several legislative actions on the list, track down the legislation and see specifically what it says and who it is that benfits.

That how WE see it and that is why the GOP will, for the foreseeable future, not be the party of choice for most African Americans.

Remember, you are the one that asked the question.

It not just about Blacks, Sharlee, the only group that gives a clear majority of its support to Trump and the Republicans are White people, why is that?

Hispanics, Indiginous, Asians, Jews all tend to vote Democratic. So we as Blacks have our grievances. So, what is eating the others?  What great pearls for wisdom from Trump and the Republicans are we ALL missing? That majority that has allowed the Republicans to prevail will change in the next few years. By then, I hope the party will have remade itself to face new demographic realities.

Here is where I will take the liberty of being blunt.
                    "So, the Democrats do not have to do anything but keep the Republicans from undoing hard earned gains."

You are still not giving an example of what you have gained under Dems. I will give a good example of what you gained under Trump.
                    Unemployment for blacks to include black women at a historic low. A wonderful increase in new black-owned small businesses due to Trump's tentative. And voucher program for school of choice as well as school of choice program.

Biden has stated he will change the tax rate to 39%. This will take more money out of citizens' pockets, plus it will once again cause business owners to cut employees as it did under this tax rate in the past. Just a fact. Biden will most likely increase food stamps and welfare... As Dems have always supported. Keep them hungry and poor. With their hands out. He has supported Bernies' plan to make an attempt close all charter and private schools. This will never pass in Congress. You do realize the rich will not send their children to public schools. Just won't happen. But what will happen is the school of choice and voucher programs will be canned leaving the poor in public schools. Sort of like a well-planed circle to keep the poor poor and dummied down. Trump has given schools the need to compete, and teach to a higher level. Do you feel blacks should not have the chance at better education?

"Our position is that the Democrats are at least not destroying the agencies and concepts that were fought for so hard."

What you have fought for? You are not realizing Trump is not asking Blacks to fight for anything, he is working on solving problems for the black communities, not just giving pretty speeches with lots of promises.

Don't be so sure about the majority of minorities voting Democratic.  I don't look at them as being different or united against Trump. While the Dems were working on impeachment, Russia Russia Russia, Trump was working on getting things done for blacks, Hispanics and Jews... I would venture to say any that have reaped the benefits of Trump's agenda will vote to keep him in office.  He at this moment is working on DACA. A problem Obama created and Trump will help solve . Most likely he will have a clear path for their citizenship. The Jews have for decades wanted Jerusalem as their capital city is Isreal.  Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and the  American embassy would be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. ...  So, not all that sure the Jews will vote Trump out. Plus they won't look kindly on their taxes being raised.

Money talks... and it always has.

I can see you are well indoctrinated, this is to be expected it's hard to see beyond what one has been thought to believe for many centuries.  I must say, this may be the black's biggest problem. A fear to really stop and research how and why they can't seem to progress further and faster.

The list you provided, take any one of those examples, and look for reasoning behind the act you find so offensive. You may realize you are being played by a party and media that are deceiving you. Take one action and delve into it, look for the "whys" of the action.

4. The Masked Marauder profile image68
      The Masked Marauderposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying people can't evolve. The period means it's not a question.

I truly believe people can change their views as they become more aware more educated on any subject, as well as right wrongs.

2. MikeSyrSutton profile image69
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 3 years ago

Absolutely!

3. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 3 years ago

The comments in this thread certainly seem qualified to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the anti-Trump threads that are so complained about. Oh well, the tide always turns when it isn't your turn in the barrel. *sigh

GA

Yes, funny how no one has stepped up to defend Biden's racist remarks.  I always laugh at the sheer thought process of the liberal mind. Very much compartmented. "This suits my narrative check."  "This goes into the trash bin, it's something I don't want to hear or understand.".  ---" yeah trash bin"

It would seem hard to keep one's head from spinning, just sorting out the truth, from the truth but I don't care

With the election around the corner, it has me looking deeply into the opposing candidate. This is a very patriotic thing to do, is it not? I will look for good and bad. So, far I have found little good. Not sure why the Dems ended up with someone like Joe. It would seem they continue down very dangerous path. A real gamble one might say.

4. profile image58
    Walter Bellamyposted 3 years ago

This NYMag article article lays out Biden's history as Racist or otherwise. Going through it may help one know things better.

Very reveling article of Joe's racist tendencies. It deserves highlighting.

"Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,” and Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.” He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s. Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends."

"Biden helped kill the most effective policy for improving black educational attainment that America has ever known."

"Biden worked tirelessly, over several decades, to make America’s (profoundly racist) criminal-justice system more punitive than any other advanced democracy’s."

Reference article https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03 … ained.html

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

it is important in life not to pinpoint the negatives.
    But instead, isolate the difficulties and work to solve them.
    What are the difficulties, Credence?

It is important to pinpoint all the variables, negative and positive to come up with a true realistic assessment of life. Hope for the best but prepare for the worse is the adage of the wise man.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)