For Conservatives Only- A REVENGE Election?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (24 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13915119.jpg
    Do you feel that Joe Biden's election was a REVENGE election on the part of liberals & leftists?  Why?  Why not?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand what a REVENGE election is: certainly the left wingers have made no secret that they want Trump out of office and that they will do almost anything short of assassination to accomplish that goal.  Or maybe even that: I doubt the SS would publicize a failed attempt. But what is a REVENGE election?

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A revenge election is what the Democrats & Liberals did.  They hated Trump & wanted him gone from the presidency.   They wanted revenge on Trump for what he "did" to them & the United States.

If a "revenge election" is defined as what the liberals did this election then I guess that, by definition, it was a "revenge election". 

But I don't think that's the answer, or reasoning, you're looking for.

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just like the election of Donald Trump rightwing revenge against Obama?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Considering the oddity of the original question, this is a great answer.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes and no honestly.  I think no because what ultimately cost Trump the election was the riots and the pandemic getting out of hand honestly.  Plus, the fact that he got sick himself along with his wife and son didn't exactly do him any favors to swing voters.   Add in the fact that the media was on Biden's side the whole time, along with social media like Twitter and etc censoring anyone challenging mainstream media, and it's not surprising why Trump didn't win. 

I think it was a revenge election in the sense that it seemed like a lot of Democrats that I've spoken to were mainly voting for Biden not so much because they believed in his policies, nor thought he was the best man for the job, but more or less on the mentality that we have to get rid of Trump at all cost, and then figure out the rest later.  Not saying all democrats thought like this, as I'm sure most democrats didn't, but it did seem like a significant portion did feel this way.  Heck, one person on this site even told me in another forum that they knew Biden was going senile, but planned to vote for him anyways just to get Trump out of office.   

Not naming any names.  Just stating observations.  You can take what I'm saying however you want, but I'm just throwing my own two cents into this.   Regardless of the situation, I'll support whoever is officially our president in 2021; regardless if it's Trump or Biden, as we can't afford to be divided as much as we have been in recent years; especially when you consider what America is going through right now.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+1000000000

2. wilderness profile image96

I'm not sure how riots, all in democrat controlled cities, fueled by democrat policies as Trumps efforts at helping quell them were shunted aside with disdain and hateful rhetoric, could have hurt him.  Frankly, I'm surprised that whole cities did not turn their backs on their democrat leaders and find another path into the future; the capitulation (and even encouragement) to violence and the declaration that ordinary people do not matter was that strong.

But the rest I agree with.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but I'm guessing that the media you consume is exaggerating the level of unrest in these cities as well as misrepresenting who is responsible for much of it.

Also, remember, the unrest was triggered by the cold-blooded murder of George Floyd by a police officer, with onlookers pleading for him to stop, with his fellow officers standing by and watching.

That, my conservative friend, was the ultimate "declaration that ordinary people do not matter."

And, I challenge you to provide any quote from a Democratic governor or mayor that indicates they believe ordinary people don't matter. That is nothing but your personal characterization.

LOL  When we watch Portland have a months long streak of riots every night it doesn't need exaggeration.  When we watch governors at the front of a destructive mob, exhorting them to keep on doing it, it doesn't need exaggeration.  When we see a city allowing and encouraging the CHAZ zone, with it's accompanying violence and death, it doesn't need exaggeration.  When we watch cities demand that law enforcement leave their city in the middle of long running riots, because of politics, it doesn't need exaggeration.
            These, my friend, are the ultimate "declaration that ordinary people do not matter".  Only those with big mouths that gain media attention.

Yes, my personal characterization...based on and supported by actions, not political rhetoric.  Why the people of Portland, or Seattle, didn't vote at least 90% Republican, after watching first hand the results of their liberal government in action, is beyond me.  Ignorance, TDS, stupidity with a college degree - you name it.

1. profile image0

Lots of false characterizations in there but I doubt it would it would matter one whit tor me to elucidate them.

2. crankalicious profile image88
              crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is the history of our country. When the civil rights of people are consistently violated, protests usually follow. It's normal for people to become angry when they're mistreated to the point of death.

I am sure, during the protests for voting rights and civil rights during the 60's, there was much hand-wringing from certain segments of the population, asking why the protesters couldn't just be more calm. Why all the marches? Why the violence?

At some point, criticism of protests is justified. I'm just not sure how one determines why the merits of their fight doesn't determine one reaction or another. Ultimately, no matter the cause, the reaction from those wanting the status quo is for those wanting change to shut up, sit down, and stop complaining.

1. profile image0

Exactly. Kneeling during the national anthem wasn't okay, either, even though it was peaceful and harmed no one. For some, any form of protest is wrong and un-American, even though it is an essential right under the Constitution.

1. Credence2 profile image79
                  Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

The issue with the Right is opposition to any dissent, peaceful or otherwise.

Fair enough...if you also assume that the issue with the left is that the ends justify the means and violence, destruction and as much disturbance/interference of others as possible is acceptable.

2. profile image0
                  Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a problem if people want to kneel during the national anthem in protest as that's their right as an American citizen to do so.  I just don't like it when people try to force others to protest with them as that's not right.  That's why I stopped watching the NBA because I didn't like how the media made fun of Jonathan Isaacs and vilified him just because he refused to kneel during the anthem and blew out his knee a few days after as protests shouldn't be forced upon people to participate in.   It should be a choice if anything.

4. Sharlee01 profile image78
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

The revenge started long before Trump was sworn in, and continued from the day he was sworn in and the mantra became "Not My President".  The revenge was driven by hate. It certainly could not be driven by this president's job performance. Hate and revenge go hand in hand. It was a winning combo.

1. crankalicious profile image88

Same exact thing happened with Obama. We put up with it for 8 years. Less than 90 days into Obama's presidency, Bill O'Reilly was saying he was a failure. I've pointed out on numerous occasions the "Rope" meme. People wanted Obama dead. So it's not surprising a similar thing happened with Trump. However, I would argue Trump was different. Not sure what the reason was to hate Obama, other than he was black. With Trump, it was how he treated women and others. Somebody like Trump shows up near me and says how he's going to grab women by the you-know-what, he's going to lose some teeth.

That said, George W. Bush got the same treatment from the left, who regularly called him a Nazi. I bet they regret that kind of horrible exaggeration.

This cycle will need to stop at some point. Not sure if we all have the resolve to do so.

1. Sharlee01 profile image78
          Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It was no surprise it happened with Trump. It's a cycle. And it has gotten worse. It had to the country has been heading for this divide for many years it was not just born in the past 10 years but more like the last 20 years. And I see no good end to it.

2. profile image0

I had little respect for Bush, Jr. but would have had him back in a heartbeat over Trump. I, for one, will not forget that lesson.

3. wilderness profile image96

I do not recall people calling for impeachment of Obama even before he assumed office.  Where did I miss that?

5. crankalicious profile image88

Electing AOC would have been revenge. Electing a centrist candidate is not revenge. The question doesn't even really make sense, but I think I get the gist.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

I find it odd to suggest that the simple act of voting is an act of revenge. When did we start thinking this way?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)