So, what now Democrats? Think it will now be easy. Think again.

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (140 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

Do Democrats believe all their problems are over now that they've successfully gotten an illegitimate president and vice president in office?

I think they have no idea of the problems that are going to be coming their way.

Millions of Americans, and myself included, believe harris and Beijing biden are illegitimate office holders of the highest office in the land.  They got there not by the citizens votes, but by rigging the system.

Do they realize millions of Americans now believe their vote does not matter because the Democrats have successfully rigged the system in their favor and no matter if they vote no Democrat will be removed from office?

They need to do things to cause confidence in the election system.  A federal investigation into ALL of the claims of election fraud needs to be done and done quickly.

I say this again, the riots at the Capital are just the beginning.  When you have millions of people who believe they have no say in how their government is run, it is a bad situation.  I heard people say they have nothing to lose because the country they love is now lost.

Expect more resistance, more public protests and more anger.  The double standards and hypocrisy is crystal clear to all those who dare to look at it.

The Ukrainians had a president Viktor Yanukovych in 2013.  Everyone knew he was simply a plant by the Russian government.  His election was false and he did not have a mandate to govern similar to Beijing biden.  He made a mistake on a trade deal that benefited him and his Russian followers but angered millions of Ukrainians.  It led to a revolution and him being removed from office.

Democrats need to realize what they've done the past four years and realize we can do it just as well.

This is my analysis and observation.

Be careful Democrats and don't believe it couldn't happen here.  Nobody ever thought the capital would be breached either and yet here we are...think about it.

https://hubstatic.com/15352579_f1024.jpg

1. Al Katraz profile image60
      Al Katrazposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm not giving up.  We have to get organized, get in their face with the facts and not back down. 

Sometimes I feel as if it's n0w the 1700s and we are living under the British monarchy...only it's now going to be the Democrat monarchy.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
          Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What is it you are getting organized against?

The MSM has said there is no fraud, the court system has thrown out all cases, Congress after the "Domestic Terrorism" is now unified in preserving their position/power/authority and will not entertain any of their members going against the grain (those speaking out now will be soundly reprimanded and silenced).

So where are you going to turn?

What "champion" are you getting behind that is going to lead this change?

Certainly not Trump, he is an old, defeated, politically bankrupt individual that has been humiliated and whom the MSM will blame for everything that has happened and soon will happen.

We will organize to influence the next elections.  We will organize to influence current politicians.  That's how it works.  I see many more organized protests in the future.  Protests like those against the ACA and more. 

If we're not heard one way, we'll get heard another. 

President Donald Trump will remain a strong influence for a long time.

As far as leaders of conservatives, I think it is time for someone like Ted Cruz or Dan Crenshaw to step up.  Dan Crenshaw is my favorite.  I even think Tim Scott from South Carolina will also be a major influence.

1. IslandBites profile image88
              IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

He did. At least to tell you that Trump & clan were lying to you.

“Let me tell you something very clearly: They’ve been lying to people,” Houston Rep. Dan Crenshaw said on Fox News. “They’ve been lying to millions. They’ve been lying that Jan. 6 was going to be this big solution for election integrity. It was never going to be.” "It was never going to solve anything and it was always unconstitutional."

“These people have been lied to en masse by the millions,” said Crenshaw. “In the sense that they were led to believe Jan. 6 was anything but a political performance for a few opportunistic politicians to give a five-minute speech. That is all that it ever was. People were lied to.”

It's a good thing I can quickly do research.  Here is a link to the article you referenced.

https://news.yahoo.com/dan-crenshaw-con … 40441.html

Dan Crenshaw wasn't talking about anything President Donald Trump said.

He was referring to Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley leading Republicans to believe the election could be changed when Congress accepts the votes from the Electoral college.

Technically, Cruz and Hawley are right. 

''According to Newsweek, any member of the House can submit an objection to a state’s results in writing. If at least one member of the Senate also objects, then both chambers of Congress will be required to separately debate the objections for a maximum of two hours. Both chambers must “concurrently” agree to sustain the objection, but it’s not expected that the Democrat-controlled House and the GOP-led Senate will both do so.

If election results from some states are somehow still in dispute, Vice President Mike Pence, who serves as president of the Senate, could opt to throw out both sets of votes from those states.''

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/2021/ … p-win.html

So, Crenshaw was saying overturning an election this way is not realistic and wasn't going to happen.  He was angry at Cruz and Hawley for providing millions of people with false hope. No lies.

1. IslandBites profile image88
                  IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nop.

"Let me be as clear as possible here. Senator Cruz and Hawley, I disagree with them in a fundamental way about the constitutionality of this process on January 6th, [and] the ability of Congress to overturn any electoral votes, period, " Crenshaw told host Martha MacCallum.

"But," he continued, "let's be very honest. Senator Cruz and Senator Hawley were not hyping up January 6th. They were not calling for people to fight in the streets. They were not saying this is the last stand. That being said, many members of Congress did do that. Many commentators did do that. Many in the media have been doing that, for the last few weeks, saying constantly [that] this is our time to fight."

"They've been lying to people, lying to millions," Crenshaw went on. "They've been lying that January 6th was going to be this big solution for election integrity, and it was never going to be.

"It was never going to solve anything and it was always unconstitutional."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capito … ruz-hawley

"It was never going to solve anything and it was always unconstitutional."

Unfortunately, that is a matter of opinion.  There is a mechanism is place in the procedure that permits the vice president to deny the electoral votes.  That is what everyone was hoping.

It wasn't realistic...but it gave people hope, false hope, the fraudulent election could be overturned.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

I don't think you recognize how much things have changed in just these past few years, and how much change is yet to come in the next couple of years.

There will be no such leaders stepping forward, there will be no "we'll get heard one way or another".

You will be silenced, they have silenced the President, if you haven't noticed.  He has no voice, no one will allow his words to be heard or reach print or be tweeted.

The President has been silenced.  Its an excellent example of what can be done, to anyone.  And what will be done, to all dissenters in the future.

"You will be silenced, they have silenced the President, if you haven't noticed.  He has no voice, no one will allow his words to be heard or reach print or be tweeted."

You are right.  The movement to silence all of us had begun and it is now more out in the open.  This is upsetting. I never thought I would see this day but...here it is.

ABC News Calls for 'Cleansing' of Trump Supporters in Wake of Capitol Incursion

As part of the Democratic Party, establishment media and Washington swamp campaign to tear down the legacy of President Donald Trump this week, the political director for ABC News called for a “cleansing” of Trump’s movement.

Rick Klein, who is the rudder on the corrupt ABC News political coverage ship, must have been feeling awfully emboldened Thursday after Democrat Joe Biden was officially certified as the country’s next president. Perhaps a little too emboldened, as is evident by what he said on Twitter.

“Trump will be an ex-president in 13 days. The fact is that getting rid of Trump is the easy part. Cleansing the movement he commands is going to be something else,” Klein said in a tweet, which he later deleted."

https://www.westernjournal.com/abc-news … manualpost

Tucker Carlson presents some facts that are hard to dispute. Free speech will soon be a thing of the past.

"The assault on speech accelerates, and we at "Tucker Carlson Tonight" are not immune. Friday morning, CNN announced that it is working to force the Fox News Channel off the air and run this company out of business. A number of prominent Democrats, including officeholders, support that effort. CNN staffers have already contacted the six major cable carriers in this country, the companies that carry our signal into your home, and pressured them to drop Fox News."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- … er-and-cnn

And there you have it, the mindset we will see implemented in the coming years.

It would be wise for you to understand this.  There may be "voices that will be heard", there may be a "revolution", but it will not be in the direction you are thinking and it will not be led by the likes of you.

You have no voice, you have no power, you will be silent or you will be cleansed.  This is your future... do with this knowledge what you will.

If you are willing to surrender that is your choice.

There are those of us who will never give up no matter what. We will find a way to change things and we will continue to fight for what we believe.

Despite what you say...the best days of conservatives are in front of us.  We will deal with this situation one way or another.

Like a wise man once told me in some rather stressing situation "It's time to think the unthinkable and be ready for it.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your post sounds threatening. You were at the MAGA Rally on January 6 and you were at the Capitol. Hmmmm.

If you think Democrats are not fully aware of the mess they are inheriting, yet again, from a Republican administration, you haven't been paying attention. 

As for the rest of your comments, if you believe the present day is like the 1700s you are living in Trump's fantasy land. Hope you snap out of it soon.

I don't think the Democrats are aware of the mess they've created by systematic fraudulent elections.  I don't think they know how their behavior of the last four years is going to come back to get them.

The water is just starting to boil.

Al Kartaz has it right.

“The election system has failed. The election audit has failed. The Judiciary has failed, the media has failed and the GOP has failed. Maybe we're finally seeing what was always there...''

1. profile image0

Trump's fantasy, eagerly adopted by his fans.

PP, here's your problem.  This is what is believed by MILLIONS of people.

How is biden and harris going to change this perception held by millions of people?

It would take a true leader and you don't have one.  biden is a senseless babbling old fool, k. harris promoted the riots in Portland and elsewhere by organizing to pay their bail.  She is believed to be despicable by those of us on the right.

That is the problem on the left.  You have no idea what you are going to be facing.

1. ScottSBateman profile image70
              ScottSBatemanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The fact that "millions" of people soak up Trump and Russian propaganda doesn't make them right.

It makes them wrong. And now that they are trying to overthrow a legal government, they are dangerously wrong.

''And now that they are trying to overthrow a legal government,''

What are you even talking about?

Uh, a deadly mob attack on the Capitol building that included guns, knives and bombs, as well as 14 dead and injured police officers.

Weren't you there?

See word tense is everything.  You say they are ''trying'' I think the word you want to use is ''tried.''

Yes, I was there.  I was not one of the people who entered the capital building.  I was not close to the capital building when that was happening.  Where I was at everything was peaceful.

I don't think the goal was to overthrow the government as much as show their anger at all the fraud in the process.  Yes, there was a lot of anger there that day.  There was also a lot of Christians of all colors praying.  People were being very friendly with one another.  Tens of thousands of people were there and less than a hundred entered the capital building.  I wouldn't be surprised if the number was close to 100,000 people.  Let those numbers sink in.

They will be prosecuted, for sure, highly visible and heavy handed.

Their actions will be an excellent focal point for the example they are going to make out of Trump, he is going to be eviscerated legally and politically like never seen before, it will be an example that will be on the minds of every politician going forward for 100 years.

2. profile image0

On the contrary, we pegged Donald Trump for what he truly is from the beginning. We also fully recognize the crazy that Trump has unleashed in his cult members. It really is unconscionable and the height of irony  for a Trump supporter to suddenly be concerned about the response from the Trump cult. You helped foster it and now you're warning us like we haven't been sounding the alarm for literally years? This is just beyond funny.

Your leaders can't bring the nation together.

They only know how to pour gas on the fire.

Keep calling names and believing you have the moral high ground. It is going to make things much worse.

1. Sharlee01 profile image78
                  Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

So agree... How can a man that poured gas on the Jan 6th protest? The next day he got out there and compared law enforcement treatment of the crowds at BLM protests. He is a despicable politician and used a cheap political ploy to stir the flames. Like we need to make this racial. Slappy Joe is keeping to cheap tactics, that is one thing he learned in his 47 years in Washington. Race-baiting.The highest card the Dems have a long history of playing. 

"Biden recalled a text conversation he'd had over the last day with his granddaughter about how differently law enforcement officers treated the rioters from how they treated Black Lives Matters protesters during summer demonstrations over the death of George Floyd.

"No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, they wouldn't have been treated very, very differently from the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol," he said, recalling the words of his granddaughter.

"We all know that's true. And it's unacceptable. Totally unacceptable,"

1. Valeant profile image87
                    Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The differences between the preparations for the Trump rally versus the BLM rally in D.C. were stark and obvious to any who watched them.  Then, as the illegal events unfolded, many had the same thought about how Trump's mostly white attendees were treated compared to how large groups of mostly black people get handled.

It's sad that you can choose to ignore those differences and not see them as an equality issue worth addressing.  But, we can all choose which side of equality we want to sit on, and it's apparent which side you want to be on.

3. Credence2 profile image78
              Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Mike, millions of Rightwingers believed that President Obama was not a U.S. citizen. How credible was that? These people's opinions have to mean less than nothing for me

Good strawman argument.

3. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Trump has claimed all this before, in the 2016 election. He formed a commission to prove it. The commission disbanded.

I presume you believed there was fraud in the previous election. Why didn't Trump find any proof with his commission? Why did it disband.

If the election was fraudulent, why didn't Democrats win all the down ballot races too?

If Trump has all this proof, why did he need to call Georgia officials on multiple different occasions and "find" fraud and votes?

You are repeating conspiracy theories. All you believe is what Trump tells you. You have zero proof. Trump could tell you alien chickens rigged the election and you'd believe it, your logic is so flawed.

4. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 3 years agoin reply to this

On a photography podcast. "photographydaily" (great podcast for those who are interested in photography) the photographer David Butow, who made the photo's inside the Capital was interviewed. And he said a couple of interesting things how the situation developed and how he heard people talking about "bringing in guns, over the next couple of weeks."
      Did you here anything like that, about "preparations" for the inauguration?

https://www.photographydaily.show/episo … ge-podcast

2. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

Aww, Im sorry you're so affected. Need a safe space?

If you have an intelligent comment about the thread I'd love to hear it.  Can you do that?  Just asking.

3. MG Singh profile image76
    MG Singhposted 3 years ago

Mike I am inclined to agree with you. As I wrote in my article incompetent leaders hasten the end of empires. Joe Biden falls in that category more so, as he appears to have compromised his position as an impartial person to lead the United States. He has a China connection and it's my gut feeling that there was something wrong in the voting. Biden who was trailing suddenly became the winner after the counting of the postal ballots. That's very fishy and I think he better be on the lookout because times are changing. What happened on Capitol Hill is not an exception but is now going to be a rule. I wonder how he can really rule the country when millions of Americans have a feeling that he stole the election, true or not. His Tonto, Kamala Harris may well end up as president, in that case I will die laughing on a  bed of nails

Biden can rule the country because millions of people know that he won the election legally.

Fewer millions believe Trump and Russian propaganda. Their number is dwindling fast.

Fortunately, a lot more people now understand as a result of the violent mob attack on the Capitol building that Trump really is a wannabe dictator.

4. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 3 years ago

Mike -- I respect your prediction about the "unfinished business" with the outcome of the election, and I hope you won't mind if I offer my own. But before I get there, one logical question could be addressed, regarding your contention that votes were stolen from Trump.
    Namely, if that much-missing investigation never took place, aren't you prejudging its hypothetical result -- for, who says that it wouldn't show how Biden won by even bigger number of votes, but many were added to Trump's?
    Only a question, not a contention.
    Now, I'd like to start my prediction with an old saying: "There is only a short step from love to hate" -- and Trump might make that step after all comes to the surface about his manipulation and abuse of the system as he faces all those multiple charges.

From a psychological perspective -- and Trumpism is much more a psychological than a political phenomenon -- I can even understand how he got to be so adored by his base. Namely, he just used that historically tested and tired of overuse formula: "Create a problem, and present yourself as a solution". Religion used it by creating "evil", and "hell", and coming as "agents of salvation"; medico-pharmaceutical establishment used it by creating the myth of our overly "fragile bodies with constant need for their services": even mafia used it by creating an "unfriendly neighborhood with a need for protection -- for a fee".
    With Trump's version of that formula -- everybody suddenly became an enemy, or an abuser of America. China showed an audacity to become a superpower on global market, a global privilege "rightfully reserved only for the US"; Canada was abusing US, even though US has always been in surplus in its trade with Canada; NATO partners were not paying their dues, although they were already tired for existing only for American adventures on the Middle East. Mexicans were threatening to "flood America with crime and disease"; media became "unpatriotic with fake news", and yes -- democrats were an "evil entity threatening to destroy the country".

Following the formula, he quickly made himself look like a "political messiah" -- although the pattern of his using the formula was so clear to anyone immune to brainwashing.

So, to round up the story -- I doubt that people will keep protesting, Mike. After all, in this last speech he called the recent protest "illegal", and some other even harder names -- "after they did it all for him". And again, after all that illegal crap with much hidden taxes and the rest surfaces -- people are only people, and their adrenal glands get exhausted once the stimulation has stopped.
    And again, it's my modest opinion. I had no silly ambition to change your mind over the whole thing -- just wanted to express my own opinion, hoping that you don't see anything offensive in it, because ultimately I don't really care if you guys elect a Donald Trump or a Donald Duck, and I am too old for kicking the political crap back and forth..

Val, well, okay then.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

All I can say is I would love to be able to go back to Toronto for a week or two this summer if possible.  That is a great town.  Lots to do, great museums and restaurants.  My Canadian friends have given up trying to teach me French.  I want to take my wife to visit the CN tower as she has never been to it, visit the Ripleys Aquarium and then take in a Blue Jays game.  Good times.

Thanks for sharing.

5. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

Please keep talking, it'll keep the 81 million of us motivated to keep expanding our voting bloc to ensure that crazy people like Trump, his sycophants like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, and his deluded following never hold another position in government ever again.

You'll never be able to to it honestly.

The left's power is based on their ability to commit fraud during elections.

6. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Sadly, Mike, it seems millions of Americans have spent years viewing the world through the Trump filter. He’s been lying for years and manipulating his followers. I don’t blame you for how you feel, I just wish you’d take a step back and reassess what he told you.

All that talk about “Sleepy Joe Biden” when the rest of us saw Biden out running and demonstrating impressive fitness.

All that talk about Covid-19 magically going away when the rest of the world was being warned about its deadly potential. Thousands of Americans dying from it every day, still.

All that talk about the end of America as you know it if the Democrats won. All that chest-beating about how he’s the smartest, the greatest, the best at everything ... and the only one who can save America.

You don’t need Trump to save you from the other Americans who share your world, Mike. I think you’re much safer making your own decisions without his influence.

Please reflect for a while on this question: “What if they’re right? What if Trump has been lying and manipulative all these years?”

What if there hasn’t been widespread voter fraud as Trump claims? If you could see that America is in fact still a functioning democracy, how would that change your attitude and actions?

Please look for genuine evidence to support what Trump says, not just following’Trump media’ as he puts it. Look for evidence supporting both sides of the debate.

Trump is a liar. His niece says it. His sister said it. Countless people who worked with him warned about it. Republican politicians are admitting it in public.

Please, Mike, don’t follow him blindly.

1. profile image0

Excellent post.

Yes, outstanding.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

I hope that you are not blinded by all the lies that have been told about President Donald Trump.

He has evened our trade deals with other countries, lowered taxes, not for just the rich, which is what the left propaganda would have you believe.

He moved the US embassy to Jerusalem as was promised by many previous presidents but only HE did it.

He is pro life...just like me.

I like that he built a boarder wall.

Prior to the worldwide pandemic, the United States under his leadership had one of the strongest economies in its history.  Historic level of minorities were employed.

He made the United States energy independent.  This is HUGE.

As a veteran, I can tell you, he significantly improved the VA. 

The list goes on and on and on

Here's an article.

https://townhall.com/columnists/waynegr … a-n2574849

I'll say it again.

If we want to have election integrity...then let's have a full federal investigation.  Let there be testimony before Congress and a full report of all the findings created and made public.

When, and only when that happens and happens fairly, will I consider believing the babbling old fool Biden is something other than a fraudulent president.

Right now I have no reason to believe he is legitimate.

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
        LongTimeMotherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Mike, I’m disappointed that you seem to be ignoring my questions.

I understand you have lots of reasons for liking him. But there’s not been even a whiff of evidence presented at any of the (how many? 70?) court cases intended to prove voter fraud. So I see no logic in demanding a federal investigation.

Please go back and answer my questions. I’m simply asking “What if they’re right?” It can’t hurt you to think about what I wrote and answer me, surely.

I’m genuinely interested in your answer.

My answer?  It's a question not worth answering.  That's like asking a Christian "What if Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God."  It a question designed to mislead.

Doesn't even deserve a response.

In case you didn't know, the Courts, including the SCOTUS haven't HEARD the evidence.  NO ruling was ever made on the merits of the case.

So, your statement "there’s not been even a whiff of evidence presented at any of the (how many? 70?) court cases" Is not based on your knowledge of the situation, but your lack of it.

2. ScottSBateman profile image70

- The U.S. and Mexico border is 1,954 miles long. Trump's new wall -- which Mexico was supposed to pay for -- is just 15 miles long.

- The U.S. monthly trade deficit leaped by 8.0% to $68.1 billion in November 2020. This is the highest monthly level since August 2006 and a $5 billion increase over October 2020.

- The U.S. budget deficit skyrocketed from $585 billion during Obama's last year in office to $1.2 trillion in 2018 and 2019. So much for a conservative Republican fiscal policy.

- U.S. GDP has grown an average of 2.3% per year during Trump's administration and before covid. That's not even close to a historic high.

- U.S. energy companies have been increasing energy output from U.S. sources since the 1950s. It actually started growing faster under the Obama administration. Trump didn't invent energy independence.

7. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

As Britteny Dils brilliantly put it:

This post is not open for debate!
    I have listened to everyone else’s hatred, rhetoric and outright lies for the last four years, so now I am having my say. If you don’t like it, you know where the delete button is. Let me be clear, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar, a racist bigot, is in bed with China and probably suffering from dementia. He has done nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career. But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
    The "arrogant" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
    The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
    The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
    The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
    The "white supremacist" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
    The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
    The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy.
    This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
    The “orange man” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
    I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus? Some of you were even hoping that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left. The party of “tolerance”. )
    Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer? By the way, where is Hunter?
    I’ll take the “clown” any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking, hypocritical, racist corrupt liar. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some butt when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure. I don’t need a liar. That's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times are for.
    Call me a chump, a racist, a superspreader or part of the basket of deplorables. I do not care!
    God bless Donald Trump - the best, most unappreciated President in U.S. history.
    Feel free to copy/paste
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

AMEN!  You are spot on!

8. Valeant profile image87

Trump literally used social media, and then a rally, to organize an armed instance of domestic terror.  And worse, that whole thing was captured on live television.  And even worse still, that domestic terror was aimed at one of our three branches of government.

And you've got a pair of voices thinking that domestic terrorists should get free speech rights still so they can plan their next violent attack.

"Trump literally used social media, and then a rally, to organize an armed instance of domestic terror.  And worse, that whole thing was captured on live television.  And even worse still, that domestic terror was aimed at one of our three branches of government."

I applaud your imagination.  You have no proof of this...but you do have an excellent imagination.

This combined with your excellent English skills probably make you a very good writer.

Plenty of proof.  He set the time and place, told his followers they had to fight, then told them to march down to the Capitol.  His lawyer said it should be trial by combat.  You guys claim he's a genius - are you trying to tell us you don't think he was smart enough to know that there were some violent right wing militia types among his supporters?

And reports are emerging that his DOD chief diverted the National Guard to traffic duty, then denied the request to assist the Capitol Hill police when they got overwhelmed at the Capitol.  As the Capitol was sieged, Trump refused to act until three hours in.  Further reports are that Trump was reveling in the insurrection.

Here is a tid bit of information you can use for the future.  The National Guard is controlled by the state.  It is only controlled by the federal government when activated by Congress.  That didn't happen.  So, blame the state and not the federal government.  I don't know where you got that information...but it's false.

Speaking of false, try doing some research about where the Capitol lies.  Which state is it in again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_ … l%20Guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_ … onal_Guard

9. LongTimeMother profile image92

Sounds like you’re telling me your belief in Trump is somehow comparable to the ‘faith’ of Christians.

...  That's like asking a Christian "What if Jesus Christ wasn't the son of God."  ...

I don’t see how you can draw such a link, Mike. To me, Trump is a mere mortal. Which is why I require more than just Trump’s word that evidence of voter fraud exists.

True, courts haven’t heard the evidence. Why? Because Trump’s team didn’t present any evidence, even when invited to. Obviously that part of the process didn’t suit Trump in the retelling.

Hard for me to imagine people fully accepting the word of any politician, be it Trump or anyone else. I have the kind of personality that demands to see evidence.

Okay, how about it's like you asking a supporter of obama...''What if he was really born in Kenya?'' Maybe that is a better analogy.

''I have the kind of personality that demands to see evidence.''

So, you admit you've not even looked at the evidence presented in the media?

Start here...it's just the beginning.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … n-fraud-i/

Your article only names five states that made changes in what you and people like Hawley claim to be a violation of the Constitution.

However, for the general election, at least 30 states plus the District of Columbia have made at least some changes that will make it easier and more accessible for voters to cast their ballots from home. These changes include removing strict excuse requirements or allowing COVID-19 concerns to be a valid excuse to vote absentee, allowing ballot drop boxes, offering prepaid postage on election mail and proactively sending all active registered voters applications to request an absentee ballot -- with some even skipping that step and sending the actual ballots.

The states are: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

And if those changes were illegal as you claim, why was there no objection to the results in the House and Senate ballots?  Why just the Presidential election?  How can the changes only be illegal for one race and not all races?  Seems mighty selective.  If you're going to argue changes made the election illegal, how can these Senators object to the electoral college votes but not object to seating Congressional members?  And why not in the other 25 states and not in just the ones Trump lost closely?  Seems you'd have to argue the other 25 states were illegal as well.

As for irregularities, it's an election held during a pandemic.  It's already irregular.  If ballots were scanned multiple times, the audit of the paper ballots would not have matched.  Care to explain that?

And did you figure out which state the capitol resides in yet?

1. profile image0

Stop being so logical. It hurts their brains. big_smile

Washington Times is the newspaper equivalent of Fox News.

3. crankalicious profile image88

Hilarious. That link doesn't present any fraud. It presents unsubstantiated claims by some letter writer.

Again, if I submit a letter to a newspaper claiming you're a child molester, does it make it true if I say that a person saw you with a child? Does it make it true because it gets posted in some newspaper. Does it make it true after a court says it's not evidence? Does it make it true after the Supreme Court says it has no merit?

Another good post. Open-minded people like you believe in facts and logic. Closed-minded people don't.

10. LongTimeMother profile image92

Thanks for clarifying your point, Mike. I would expect an Obama supporter who was asked, ''What if he was really born in Kenya?'' to answer, “If he’s not a natural born citizen of the US, then he’s not entitled to be President.” And if he wasn’t, then he wouldn’t be.

I don’t understand why you wrote, “So, you admit you've not even looked at the evidence presented in the media?” Mike, there’s been NO ‘evidence’ of actual voter fraud presented in the media for me to look at. Only allegations. But I have certainly been keeping track of what the media reports on the subject. (International media as well as various American outlets.)

You sent me via your link to a ‘Letter to the Editor’ that didn’t provide any substance.

I offer you my chosen link to a December 23 story on the BBC in the UK (where there’s no fear of Democrats or Republicans ruling editorial content.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/election-us-2020-54724960

As you’ll see, this article lists a number of the legal challenges ... and the outcome. I’ll provide an extract here. Please go to the actual article to see more. .....

“In Georgia , an attempt was made to stop the count in Chatham County, alleging problems with ballot processing - but the lawsuit was rejected by a judge who said there was "no evidence" of improper ballot mixing.

In Nevada , a suit asked that Mr Trump be named the winner in the state or that the results be void with no winner certified, alleging illegal voting. This was rejected by the state's Supreme Court, stating there was "no credible or reliable evidence" of fraud.

In Wisconsin , Trump's legal team have argued around 220,000 ballots were unlawfully cast, as they seek to overturn the result there. The suit has been rejected by the state's Supreme Court.”

There’s lots more in the article.

Were you not aware that judges (including Republican appointed judges) gave Trump’s team many chances to be ‘heard’, but they failed to actually present any of the evidence they keep claiming they have?

Hmmm. This must be disappointing for you, Mike. But it’s true.

11. Readmikenow profile image95

I wonder why this would be done?  Any suggestions?

"The FBI demanded that they had jurisdiction of the review of ballots in Georgia.  Then yesterday the FBI took control of the shredding truck and materials and demanded the shredding operation be completed.''

https://federalinquirer.com/breaking-fb … n-georgia/

More propaganda from Russian and right-wing blogs. And only from them.

https://news.yahoo.com/paper-shredding- … 56626.html

It's good Mike is here so we can see the crap that gets fed to him and how he ends so far off the reservation.

'Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.' - Voltaire

How true. Good people are getting tired of it. But that's exactly what Trump and his supporters want.

This story does not have one key element.  The attorney and the witness were not interviewed for it.  They just spoke with the government officials. 

So...the story lacks balance.

It can therefore be labeled as state sponsored propaganda.

Your story came from a right-wing tweet.

My story came from the county's chief election official.

How is a right-wing tweet a credible source?

Here are plenty more sources proving there is no fraud.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=georgia+shred … amp;ia=web

12. Justin Earick profile image65
    Justin Earickposted 3 years ago

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ukraine used to be part of the Soviet Union. The only reason Ukraine and Russia had problems, is because we have been breaking Reagan's promise to Gorbachev, and encroaching on Russia's border with NATO troops. We slapped Russia across the face by inviting Ukraine to join NATO - which Yanukovych obviously refused. The "revolution" in Ukraine was a CIA coup which inserted a US-backed tool as president, to get them into NATO so we could get troops directly along Russia's border. In response, Putin invaded Crimea, and being largely ethnically Russian, they voted be to annexed. With a CIA-backed government placed in power in Ukraine, corrupt corporations like Burisma hired people like Hunter Biden, in an effort to keep prosecutors of the new, puppet government off their back. Shokin had investigated Burisma previously, and his office was preparing to once more, so Joe got him removed so he couldn't investigate his son's employer, and bragged about it on camera. Then Trump temporarily delayed the arms money for use against Russia, which Obama had outright refused to supply...

There are many Ukrainians who see things different from you.

13. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

Are there really still people like you out there? Wake up. It's over. illegitimate president and vice president in office?
    That was 2016 with Russia's help. This is 2021 and you time is up.

Still haven't taken the time to read the Mueller report?  It is not the most exciting read...but it will provide you insight you are obviously lacking.  Just try it.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

Mike,

The "truth" will be written by the victors, it always is...

The narrative being written is clear, and while it may have been contested the last 3 or 4 years... the outcome is now decided.

The winners of this contest will now paint Trump (and his supporters) in whatever frame they like, and subject them to whatever "justice" they deem fitting.

This is the way the world works.

Ken, this is NOT the time to give up.  It's not the time to give in to them.  We know what they've done.  Let us never forget it.

2. Sharlee01 profile image78

I took the time to read it, (and pay for it)  It is one boring long bit of nothing. The media had to really work hard to pull out a couple of things they could twist and turn, and change contexts.
        Taxpayers paid for a lot of nothing...

You are right.  I believe the Benghazi report was much more exciting.  There was so much in there that the media could have used to show hillary and obama's incompetence and lies.  They chose not to show it.  When people say there is nothing in the Benghazi report...I always say to read it.  They usually get real quiet then.

1. crankalicious profile image88

Benghazi!

Crank, isn't it time for another Benghazi investigation? I believe it will be number 3,146.

Fortunately, Congress has nothing better to do.

It will be more valuable than the Mueller Report.  I say we should spare no expense or time just like the Mueller Report.  It would end a lot of controversy.

I agree, the Benghazi report was far more interesting and inflammatory with lots of smoke, that media did not share. I shake my head when anyone tells me there was nothing significant in that report.

14. LongTimeMother profile image92

Today I watched Donald Trump Jr telling Trump followers that the President’s Twitter account had been closed ‘because he won’t attend the Inauguration’. Well, that’s not true. I actually found myself laughing out loud because it sounded so ridiculous.

I note with interest a huge number of commenters challenged Junior and his family. But I’m still puzzled by how many remained supportive and let the lie go unchallenged.

What is it that makes so many Americans so gullible? Haven’t they seen what happened at the Capitol, and Trump’s role in that?

You come from a county where you can be arrested for a post on Facebook. Do you see anything wrong with this?  I suppose in Australia there really isn't a good concept of something called ''Free Speech.'' Do Australians comprehend the concept of "Freedom of Expression?

Pregnant Australian mom arrested for Facebook post planning lockdown protest

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/pregnant- … n-protest/

Tell me, what makes Australians so gullible?

If you omit the fact that there's a pandemic and the government made policies to combat that for the public's safety, and that she openly aimed to violate those policies, then sure, you can make the free speech argument.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

This is from your article.

"Arresting people pre-emptively for the act of organising peaceful protests or for social media posts is something that happens all too often under authoritarian regimes, and it should not be happening in a democracy like Australia," said Elaine Pearson of Human Rights Watch.

Not surprising that you're arguing that people in large groups should be allowed to violate laws.  Still searching for validation for the Capitol Hill insurrection?

In this case, their country feels a lockdown is necessary for safety of the public.  You keep leaving that part out, like the pandemic doesn't even exist.  True to form for a Trumper.

15. LongTimeMother profile image92

ROFL.
    Mike, I live in a country with NO Coronavirus threat except for occasionally in specific areas, where the problem is quickly controlled and eliminated. So Australians can go about our daily lives without the need for masks or lockdowns. Yep, life is pretty normal in our part of the world. Why? Because we respond appropriately to the covid threat.

Meanwhile, how many people are dying in yours? Hmmm.

Tell me exactly why you think the US is so spectacular and better than other countries like Australia. What exactly are you trying to say, Mike?

Still haven’t seen a response from you to my post with details of Trump’s team not having evidence to present in court.

I’d like to have a conversation with you, Mike. How about you have a conversation instead of going on the attack.

I'm just asking questions.

Since you have no Coronavirus threat...why did a pregnant woman have to be arrested for a Facebook post?

It's difficult to have a conversation with someone who just seems lack knowledge on the subject.

My sister-in-law lives in Australia. So, I know that Australians and Americans are very different.  We could probably have a conversation about the tourist attractions in Australia.  They are incredible.

Simple. That story you linked to was published on the 2nd of September last year. She was in lockdown in a region that had about 14 active cases at the time as I recall. (Yes, fourteen!)

She posted on Facebook her plan to organise some kind of ‘protest’ event in contradiction to the ban on groups of strangers meeting in that region. (Probably copying Americans, may the truth be told.)

No excuse that she’s pregnant. Still would have put people’s lives at risk.

Obviously arresting anyone who tried to break the rules paid off. The entire State of Victoria is free of lockdowns now.

Any region where active cases exist is put into lockdown, stopping the spread elsewhere. Brisbane was the most recent.

Anyone who arrives in Australia from overseas goes into 14 days of quarantine. I’m sure some of them feel like that’s an inconvenience ... but when they get out, they are entering a world where we are expected to behave responsibly, but we don’t live with fear of our family members potentially encountering covid every day or being unable to access overfilled hospitals.

I don’t know anyone here who would want to be living in the US or the UK or Europe right now. Yep, masks and lockdowns and not being able to attend super spreader events is working out really well for us.

You looked at the link I put in a response.

Excellent.

NOW...look at the link I provided you previously about the fraudulent election in the United States.  That is a good starting point about the fraud that occurred.

BUT...you have to remember that Australian legal system and the American legal system are different.  So, I can provide some understanding when necessary.

We may be able to have a conversation yet.

Of course I looked at the link, Mike. Still waiting for you to look at the link I gave you though. Or if you have looked at it, a considered response would be appropriate.

I also looked at your earlier link that went to a Letter to the Editor containing no evidence and responded to that already.

Nice of you to offer to translate / interpret / explain American law to me. I’m on top of it though.

My first visit to the US was in 1978. I’ve been back many times since then. In fact the father of one of my children was American (sadly, deceased now) so I have been closely monitoring American issues for a long, long time.

Your turn now, Mike. Please respond to my link and earlier questions. Only fair that we make a similar amount of effort.

Okay...how to the fraud.  Let take one big step.

Here is a fact.

The swing states of violated the Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 2, which empowers the state legislatures and only the state legislatures to pass laws concerning election laws. 

Lets just start with Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania

Facts:

Vote Tally: 3,445,548 for Biden and 3,363,951 for Trump - margin 81,597.
              Requests for mail-in ballots 70% Democrats and 25% Republicans.
              Mail-in ballots increased from 266,208 in 2016 to over 3,000,000 in 2020.
              Violations of Election Law:

The Secretary of State unilaterally abrogated signature verification requirements for mail-in ballots.
              PA supreme court changed existing deadline for receiving mail-in ballots from 8:00 PM on the day of election to 3 days after the election and adopted a presumption that non-postmarked ballots be considered as valid.
              Election officials in Philadelphia and Allegheny Counties did not follow state law permitting poll-watchers to be present for the opening, counting, and recording of mail-in ballots.
              The Secretary of State directed election officials to remove ballots before 7:00 AM on the day of election in order to “cure” defective mail-in ballots.  This was done only in Democrat majority counties.
              Election officials did not segregate ballots received after 8:00 PM on election day breaking the promise made to the U.S. Supreme Court thus making it impossible to identify or remove those ballots.

This is just one part o it.  You can read the fraudulent activities of the other states with this link.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article … suit_.html

Checked the entire thread and didn't see the link you say you provided.

16. LongTimeMother profile image92

I’ve copied the relevant part of the post you can’t see and I’ll paste it here for you ...

I offer you my chosen link to a December 23 story on the BBC in the UK (where there’s no fear of Democrats or Republicans ruling editorial content.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/election-us-2020-54724960

As you’ll see, this article lists a number of the legal challenges ... and the outcome. I’ll provide an extract here. Please go to the actual article to see more. .....

“In Georgia , an attempt was made to stop the count in Chatham County, alleging problems with ballot processing - but the lawsuit was rejected by a judge who said there was "no evidence" of improper ballot mixing.

In Nevada , a suit asked that Mr Trump be named the winner in the state or that the results be void with no winner certified, alleging illegal voting. This was rejected by the state's Supreme Court, stating there was "no credible or reliable evidence" of fraud.

In Wisconsin , Trump's legal team have argued around 220,000 ballots were unlawfully cast, as they seek to overturn the result there. The suit has been rejected by the state's Supreme Court.”

There’s lots more in the article.

Were you not aware that judges (including Republican appointed judges) gave Trump’s team many chances to be ‘heard’, but they failed to actually present any of the evidence they keep claiming they have?

Okay, so, since you know our legal system, then you know that these courts never heard the merits of any of the cases.  They issued NO rulings, they did not even review the evidence.  You forgot the political make-up of these courts. With a little effort you would know they were overwhelmingly Democrat.  So, that should tell you something major about these cases.

17. Valeant profile image87

Still wondering when Mike will get infuriated at the other 29 states that modified their elections due to the pandemic, and not just the close ones that Trump lost.

Also wondering when Mike and the rest of the conservatives will want to throw out the Congressional results since they took place during the same election.  Those reps were already seated, where was the outrage?

Don't courts interpret the Constitution?  And didn't the courts make rulings on these allegations already?  The answer to both of those is yes.  So as Mike claims to want to give you some guidance on our legal system, he seems more than willing to ignore the very experts charged with interpreting it and instead relies on some website that fits his goals.  Not sure I'd take whatever advice he offers you LTM.

Still wondering when Mike will get infuriated at the other 29 states that modified their elections due to the pandemic, and not just the close ones that Trump lost.

How many of these states violated the constitution when modifying their election laws?

I find it interesting that those who had their laws changed in violation of the Constitution were considered ''Battleground'' states.

''Don't courts interpret the Constitution?  And didn't the courts make rulings on these allegations already?''

The answer is NO.  They dismissed the cases.  They did not hear the evidence or make any ruling on them.

I would have to say Valeant's knowledge of the legal system in general and these cases in particular is a bit suspect.

Here is an example of one of the tossed lawsuits, filed after Trump lost Pennsylvania.

In tossing Mike Kelly's suit, the state Supreme Court said Kelly and the other petitioners waited too long to challenge the 2019 state law that authorized universal, no-excuses mail-in voting in Pennsylvania — an option that millions of voters chose to use rather than voting in person during the coronavirus pandemic.

Governor Tom Wolf in October 2019 signed the law, Act 77, after the GOP-controlled General Assembly passed it with bipartisan support. The law was effective for the 2020 primary, in which Kelly was unopposed. On Nov. 3 he won a sixth consecutive two-year term in Congress.

"Having delayed this suit until two elections were conducted under Act 77’s new, no-excuse mail-in voting system, Petitioners — several of whom participated in primary elections under this system without complaint — play a dangerous game at the expense of every Pennsylvania voter," Justice Wecht wrote in his concurring statement.

I'd say your knowledge of the legal system is about as good as your understanding of which state the U.S. Capitol sits in.

Oh good, then you understand the court never heard the evidence.

As you just want to continue to make statements that defy reality, there really is no point in going forward with a conversation.

Okay.

18. Valeant profile image87

And in another example of Mike's brilliant legal understanding where a court must have just made a ruling without hearing evidence:

Pennsylvania utilized drop boxes for its primary. While the Trump campaign sued to prevent counties from using them, alleging that the way counties implemented these -- bypassing the state legislature to do it -- was unconstitutional, the state Supreme Court ruled that these are legal, writing in the ruling that "Election Code should be interpreted to allow county boards of election to accept hand-delivered mail-in ballots at locations other than their office addresses including drop-boxes."

Look, a court ruling on the Constitutionality of something.  Odd, just like I said they did.

Now, as a cut and paste legal scholar you should know that bypassing the state legislature when it comes to election laws is a violation of the US Constitution. I'm sure there is plenty of things can cut and pasted to prove that point.

19. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity... and I doubt about the former." - Albert Einstein

20. Valeant profile image87

There are two kinds of people in the world - those that think a twitter ban is Orwellian; and those that have read Orwell. - B. Paul

I doubt that B. Paul as read George Orwell's ''1984.''  Have you?  I've read it more than once.

George Orwell also wrote an excellent book called ''Animal Farm.''  This is another reading I recommend.

1. peterstreep profile image80

"We're all equal, but some are more equal than others" - Sums up Trump's attitude in a nutshell. As Trump thinks he's above the law.
        "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
        Ad so he has proven.

"We're all equal, but some are more equal than others"

See, I believe this applies to the Democrats.  They have committed serious election fraud and are going to get away with it.

Do you think it is the right way to take power by force, as the people did at The Capital?
            Imagine if those people had entered and found Biden. Do you think it is ok to hang such a person? To execute politicians? As some were planning.
            I don't think you will ever get a democratic country by force. Could you imagine what would have been the consequences if a politician was killed?

There was no desire to take force.  There was only a desire to stop a vote.  Illegally entering the Capital to stop a vote in the United States in not unusual.  It happened during the Kavanaugh hearings and during other times.

''Imagine if those people had entered and found Biden. Do you think it is ok to hang such a person? To execute politicians? As some were planning.''

People didn't find Biden...did they?  Anybody with any sense knows Biden was not there as he is not yet the president.

Maybe it is time you read about all of the violence that has been perpetrated by Democrats.

"Cops, Kids, Reporters & Activists Were Murdered As Democrats Incited 2020 Riots… Now They’ve Accused Trump Of Their Tactics."

https://thenationalpulse.com/analysis/c … r-tactics/

There was no desire to take force. --  still, force was used and 5 people are dead now. That's not a peaceful demonstration.
                Entering a political building without permission is in any country an attack on the political structure. It happened before in many countries. And it is called a coup.
                President Trump was trying to remain in power through the use of force. That is something no democratic country can allow.

''Entering a political building without permission is in any country an attack on the political structure.''

Are you aware that over 50 federal buildings were burned down during this past summer?  Where was this feeling then?

Why are you okay with all of the murders of police, business owners, etc. during the summer riots.

Try clicking on the link I provided.  It will put things in perspective.

First of all Mike, I'm not okay with any murder. And The Second Amendment should be thrown in the bin to my opinion.
                    My perspective is from the outside as you know.
                    I looked at the page, and the site is obviously right-wing orientated.
                    That's ok, but it means the opinion is colored. Just as you accuse the left-wing media as being biased, so you use biased media yourself too.

To me, a demonstration with one dead person is already one dead person enough. The fact that people are wearing arms during a demonstration is completely nuts. No matter the political colour.

Also, the storming of the Capitol is in a different category than any other demonstration. As it is an attempted coup. It is a threat to the foundation of a democracy (not that I think much of the democracy of the US, which is a bit laughable in my opinion, but it is an attack never the less).

So you can not compare apples with pears. And you have to look at the demonstration at the Capitol on it's own. First, the speech Trump gave, then the reaction and behavior of the fans. If you look at all the photo's taken inside the Capital, you must agree that this demonstration which perhaps started peacefully became an aggressive and direct attack on the politicians inside the building. This is something, that can not be tolerated by any state.

You can say Biden stole the election. (Which I don't think is the case)  But is an armed coup the solution?

21. Readmikenow profile image95

Here is a story showing six videos of Democrat leaders calling directly for violence against the right. 

''Rep. Maxine Waters, Rep. Ted Lieu, Sen. Cory Booker, Rep. Joaquin Castro, Sen. Jon Tester, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have all made comments suggesting violence or confrontations against Republicans. All of their Twitter accounts remain active, while the videos themselves are also circulating on the massive social media site.

Rep. Maxine Waters, for example, notably called for her supporters to harass Trump administration officials in public during a rally in 2018.

“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out, and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” Waters said."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … G-_cY5bo0I DARE those on the left to watch them.

You trying to sell 'push back' as a call to violence is just another example of you misunderstanding something.

I view is as an example of the hypocrisy of the left.  Your "push back" was a blatant call for violence.  Did you watch it?

Of course I watched it.  And literally right after the push back comment, she says, 'And you tell them...'

As in push back with speech.

I have listened to the speech a couple of times. I did not hear Trump say push back?  I will have another listen. I can't find any information on what Congress felt what words were used to incite the crowd.

Mike is talking about a Maxine Waters speech, and trying to say it is the equivalent of Trump telling his supporters they need to fight.

Oh, is it the equivalent of Time Kane saying Democrats have to fight?

''Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) said Democrats must “fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box,” against the administration of President Donald Trump.''

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2017/01 … ets-trump/

I'd put that one as an equivalent to what Trump said, because he pretty much said what Trump said.  It's just too bad Kaine didn't say these things at a rally he organized while Trump's administration was doing something, and that hundreds of Kaine's followers then violently did something.  Then you'd have something.

My bad..  I did here when Trump was ending his speech he stated " we fight like hell, and you must fight like hell.

Oh good, then you know their speech was far worse than anything spoken by President Donald Trump. 

Please show me where in President Donald Trump's speech he called for violence?  He didn't even call for push back.

True to form, you misunderstand what someone is saying.

In Trump's speech, he asks for a crowd of people to go down to the Capitol 'to fight.'  Combined with Rudy saying that he wanted to have 'trial by combat.'

Really, I've read the speech by President Donald Trump and heard it.  I don't think the part you claim about the capital is exactly accurate.  I think you are taking Rudy's comments out of context.

I just relistened to the speech. Valent may have taken the end of the speech out of context.  Trump used the words" fight " twice in the speech, neither usage was directing a physical fight. The media is reporting it to indicate that Trump ordered the crowd to physically go to the Capitol and violently fight.

I agree.

22. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

The United States’ top military officers on Tuesday condemned the “sedition and insurrection” that took place at the Capitol last week when supporters of President Trump sieged the building.

“We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law. The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition and insurrection,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and the rest of the Joint Chiefs wrote in memo to the force.

In addition to the Milley, the memo was signed by Vice Chairman Gen. John Hyten and the chiefs of the Army, Navy, Marines Corps, Air Force, Space Force and National Guard.

In their memo, the Joint Chiefs reminded service members of their oath to uphold the Constitution.

“As service members, we must embody the values and ideals of the nation,” they wrote. “We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values and oath; it is against the law.”

They further reminded the force that under the Constitution, Biden will be their commander in chief next week.

“On Jan. 20, 2021, in accordance with the Constitution, confirmed by the states and the courts, and certified by Congress, President-elect Biden will be inaugurated and will become our 46th commander in chief,” they wrote.

“To our men and women deployed and at home, safeguard our country--stay ready, keep your eyes on the horizon, and remain focused on the mission,” they concluded. “We honor your continued service in defense of every American.”

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)