Oh Yeah He Did Joe --- Took Classified Documents Too

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 58 discussions (226 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image84
    Sharlee01posted 16 months ago

SAY IT AIN'T SO JOE...
    https://hubstatic.com/16315270_f1024.jpg

How in the hell will Dems/Libs spin this?    Will They call for him to go to jail, as they have Trump?  I mean I really have a hard time stopping from laughing. As I have said before -- this guy has really bad, bad karma.

Several classified documents from President Joe Biden’s time as vice president were discovered last fall in a private office, a source with knowledge of the matter tells CNN.

The National Archives has referred the matter to the Justice Department for further investigation, the source told CNN.

Biden’s lawyers found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019, the source said.

Fewer than a dozen classified documents were found at Biden’s office, the source said. It is unclear what the documents pertain to or why they were taken to Biden’s private office. Federal officeholders are required by law to relinquish official documents and classified records when their government service ends.

“The White House is cooperating with the National Archives and the Department of Justice regarding the discovery of what appear to be Obama-Biden Administration records, including a small number of documents with classified markings,” Richard Sauber, special counsel to President Biden, said in a statement. “The documents were discovered when the President’s personal attorneys were packing files housed in a locked closet to prepare to vacate office space at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C. The President periodically used this space from mid-2017 until the start of the 2020 campaign. On the day of this discovery, November 2, 2022, the White House Counsel’s Office notified the National Archives. The Archives took possession of the materials the following morning.”

The classified materials included some top-secret files with the “sensitive compartmented information” designation, also known as SCI, which is used for highly sensitive information obtained from intelligence sources.

After the discovery, Biden’s lawyers immediately contacted the National Archives and Records Administration, which started looking into the matter, the source said. Biden’s team cooperated with NARA, which later came to view the situation as a mistake due to lack of safeguards for documents, the source said."

The discovery of the materials come as special counsel Jack Smith is investigating former President Donald Trump for potentially mishandling classified records at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Federal investigators have recovered at least 325 classified documents from Trump as part of their inquiry.

In November, NARA sent a referral to the Justice Department to investigate the matter. "

1. profile image69
      KC McGeeposted 16 months agoin reply to this

What should be done now is House Republicans need to impeach every low life Nazi democrat in office. And spare NONE.

2. profile image69

Perp walk that POS biden out of the White House

Sharlee01posted 16 months agoin reply to this

I agree, I feel he should be given the chance to step away or be impeached.
        He clearly is a confused man, and I beleive a very corrupt man.  A grifter.

1. profile image69

I guess you need to mishandle more classified documents than biden but less than Hillary to be consider a crime.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image67
      Miebakagh57posted 15 months agoin reply to this

What president ever landed in the Oval Office that has not took a paper or two away?                                                When  I retired as an Administrative Officer from the Civil Service, I took with me some government papers. Those can affect my accountability if anything go a-wire.                                                   5 years later the issue can be status bar. So  I've to destroy the photocopies.

4. Springboard profile image82
      Springboardposted 15 months agoin reply to this

The biggest question I always have in all of this is how it is, or WHY it is that whenever democrats appear to be on the wrong side of the fence, the media spins it as though it is "no big deal?" More than that, WHY the American people so easily and readily FALL for it as "no big deal."

Whether or not there IS wrongdoing is not the question for me. It is the importance of simply asking the QUESTION of whether or not there WAS wrongdoing and having some interest in the answer—no matter which side of the aisle is being accused.

Country first, America first, party second. For me it really is that simple.

Sharlee01posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I feel the same in regard to needing answers. This is why I want Congress to do its job. It is their responsibility to ascertain if the president has been compromised by the documents that have now been found on his properties. I like you need answers. Whatever the outcome, we the people have a right to know. And Congress seems to be trying to do its job.

1. Springboard profile image82

Well, they are now. But of course when the dems were in charge they only wanted to pursue untrue things, and the media only wanted to spin those things as true.

It is as important for the media to report the news rather than offer a narrative as it is for the American people to do their own homework and ask more questions—so many people on the other side actually BELIEVED the lies, and that's pretty scary to me.

Because even, for them, when the truth is revealed, they still believe the lie.

It is really hard to find facts, the media is not helping. I think it is obvious that some will not accept facts, even from reliable sources if it goes against what they have gleaned from media sources.  Makes it hard to have a  conversation.

I find most political conversations are hard to have a lot of the time. As soon as I say, "I supported Trump," or "I am a republican," it is immediately assumed I am going to side with the party, or Trump and forego the truth like the other side does.

I am an American first, and if my side is wrong, my side is wrong. I am willing to accept the truth even if it hurts my cause because the country matters more to me than my party does.

But it is very difficult to get that message across.

I agree, in my view-country comes first. I am not willing to turn away from facts. However, I too am willing to accept the truth and others' views. I will go out on a limb and say, I see conservatives more apt to accept the truth and face it. Not dance around the truth looking for any possible argument to support their view. 

I find it very hard to argue with a hardened liberal.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image59
              Fayetteville Fayeposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Oh I definitely think the facts are out there. I'm certain the facts are out there. Just aren't all presented in one logical, cohesive and comprehensive reporting of any story. And this goes for both right and left wing media. One certainly needs to go to objective sources and do the research and  piece the whole story together. Television media is constructed for ratings that bring profits.  They do that by carefully carving out their story.

I agree, there are many great outlets that still offer the News, straight up minus their opinions.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image67

That's awful in a democratic settings.

Yes it is...

2. abwilliams profile image68
        abwilliamsposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Amen and Hear, Hear, where have you been all of my HP Life?!? wink

3. Fayetteville Faye profile image59

Do you honestly believe that issue only exists for the left and left leaning media??  The phenomena you speak of is completely replicated on the right.    We have very few outlets that report a COMPLETE story.

All media has bias. It's up to "thinking" people to be able to read between the lines and look around them and be able to see when someone is clearly pulling the wool over their eyes.

The media has changed. The people within the media are not the trusted people of yore. We need to be smarter and more engaged, and as I said, ask the important questions.

Regardless of sides. Regardless of political affiliation or leaning. Even if and when the truth may hurt our cause.

Because the only cause that matters at the end of the day is the country and our sovereignty and the dignity of the freedoms we have that can only be afforded to us when our leaders act within the law and in the best interests of US. Not their parties, and not their personal agendas or aspirations.

2. profile image69
    KC McGeeposted 16 months ago

Send that POS biden to prison.

Gosh, then we have to deal with Harris. She's an even bigger disaster than Biden is and that scares me to death that she might ever be in the Oval Office. Can we just wait a little bit and THEN send him off? lol

Who? Who is Harris? Oh, I vaguely remember her, shes the woman that giggles a lot, and stays our of site. LOL

I would rather have a laughing woman that stays out of sight, than a man that is clearly confused and being led around and told what to say. And unfortunately won't listen much of the time, and makes up crazy stories about his life.

I feel he is a great embarrassment to the Country.  But, I certainly am with you on not wanting Harris to sit in the White House. We sure have a mess to clean up.

I thought Harris was a chef. Something about salads. Or was that "word" salads they were referring to? lol

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 16 months ago

According to the news report I watched it will likely go nowhere because it was "inadvertent".  Biden didn't know he left top secret documents behind when he vacated the office.

1. profile image69

Democrats gave Hillary a pass, Democrats will give biden a pass and Democrats are trying to jail Trump's ass.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Yes, of course.  It's called "politics Democrat style".

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

I must agree...   It will be very hard to indict one and not the other if Biden took those documents. Not sure he has admitted it thus far. Will be interesting to hear his statement. Can't hide in the basement this time.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image67

Would to God they cut his ass off and leave his person?! Does a Daniel comes to judge here?

4. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 16 months ago

The interesting thing is it occurred at a bogus office at the University of Penn.  This is an organization that has taken over fifty million dollars in anonymous gifts from Chinese doners.  So, did the Chinese gain access to these documents?

Some of the documents are from 2013, he could have had them ten years. 

This happened when bide was VP.  I'd like to point out that the VP does not have the ability to declassify documents as does the president. 

"$54M in Chinese gifts donated to UPenn, home of Biden Center

A government watchdog is demanding the US attorney probing Hunter Biden in Delaware investigate tens of millions in anonymous donations from China to the University of Pennsylvania, where an academic center is named for his father, President Biden.

The Ivy League college raked in a total of $54.6 million from 2014 through June 2019 in donations from China, including $23.1 million in anonymous gifts starting in 2016, according to public records.

Most of the anonymous donations came after the university announced in February 2017 that it would create the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement. Joe Biden, whose term as vice president had just ended, was to lead the center and was also named a professor at the university.

The center, which is located in Washington, DC, opened its doors in February 2018. Antony Blinken, whom Biden named as secretary of state, briefly served as its managing director.

The Ivy League university received $15.8 million in anonymous Chinese gifts that year, including one eye-popping $14.5 million donation in May 2018, records show."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/54m-in-ch … en-center/

OMG, I was not aware of all of this. I do think (and this is not new) Biden is and has been corrupt, and has dirty hands. I just hope we the public will be made aware of the importance of the documents they found. So much smoke!

5. Sharlee01 profile image84

Facts thus far ---

* Jan 9th -  The White House revealed that it is working with the Justice Department and the National Archives and Records Administration after some classified Obama-era documents were found in an office Joe Biden used after leaving the White House at Biden Center.

* The documents were found by Biden's attorney 6 days(Nov 2, 2022) before the mid-term election. --  They were discovered by the president’s personal lawyers, who were packing up the office space he used periodically from mid-2017 after he served as vice president until he launched his presidential campaign in 2020.

* Richard Sauber, special counsel to the president, confirmed that the documents were found on November 2 and said the White House counsel’s office notified the National Archives on the same day. The next day, the documents were turned over to the National Archives, which then notified the Justice Department.
    Note the DOJ was contacted about the problem within a day of receiving the documents.

* Jan 9, 2022 -    The media reported  -- The Justice Department has launched a review of the Biden documents. Attorney General Merrick Garland assigned John R. Lausch Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, to oversee the process. (two months after they receive the information in regard to the documents)

Jan 10, 2022 ---   "The White House Counsel’s Office would not answer why it failed for more than two months to publicly disclose that classified government documents had been found in a private office in Washington, D.C., that had been used by President Joe Biden before his election in 2020.
    Biden, during a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the North American Leaders’ Summit in Mexico, did not respond to a question from reporters about the documents, which were found by personal lawyers."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/10/biden-c … iming.html

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee:  There is a false equivalence between Trump's stealing classified documents. and lawyers finding Biden's documents in a locker.

The new controversy so far appears to be on a smaller scale than the more than 100 classified documents – some bearing the highest designations of government secrecy – taken from Trump’s resort at Mar-a-Lago after a court-approved search by FBI agents. And Biden appears to be cooperating with the National Archives and the Justice Department in a way that Trump failed to do and unlike the former president he is not being investigated for possible obstruction of justice.

Bradley Moss, a security clearances expert, told “CNN This Morning” on Tuesday that so far, and if no more problematic evidence emerges, the current president team’s conduct was different because of “the cooperation and the absence of obstruction in which they have engaged compared to what Donald Trump did.”

“So far, it’s completely apples to oranges here,” said Moss, who is the deputy executive director of the James Madison Project.

But the disclosures spun up an immediate political storm at a time when Trump is in increasing legal peril. The new GOP House majority, meanwhile, is rushing to undermine investigations against him and unleashing a wave of counter investigations against the current president.

Trump, who brands attempts to make him face accountability for his conduct in office and afterward as political victimization, sought to capitalize on Biden’s discomfort over the documents in a post on his Truth Social network.

“When is the FBI going to raid the many homes of Joe Biden, perhaps even the White House? These documents were definitely not declassified,” he wrote.

"Sharlee:  There is a false equivalence between Trump's stealing classified documents. and lawyers finding Biden's documents in a locker."

I hope you take this response as just me sharing my honesty. That statement seems illogical to me. It seems you might be saying thus far there is no evidence Biden was the person to place the documents in a locked cabinet. 

I have stated on many occasions that it appears by Trump taking the documents alone clearly shows he broke the law --- so did Biden if he took documents when leaving the WH.    I would assume Biden has been in Washington for over 50 years, he certainly knows that it is illegal to remove Government documents when one leaves office.

If you notice my comment above just listed facts and dates thus far. I am drawing back on putting two and two together at this point. Trying to just put forth facts. I think we have too little information to assume anything as of yet. Both men are being investigated for removing documents.  Both are in the same boat   And if it turns out to be true Biden himself took documents after he left office he should NOT be treated as if they made a mistake

The investigations will be interesting, and we will need to wait to see if either is indicted for taking government documents after leaving office.

I am going to just keep a tab on what can be considered facts. I think this is best. I like many in the past days have drawn conclusions, and I had to stop myself. 

"Trump, who brands attempts to make him face accountability"

Perhaps you need to listen to what Biden said when he was interviewed about Trump taking documents when the story broke.

"How that could possibly happen, and how anyone could be so irresponsible" Joe Biden
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1UC89H4Swc

1. profile image69

Hate hate the way Nazi Democrats will always protect the lowlifre criminal Nazi biden no matter what he does wrong.

Mishandling classified documents IS A CRIMINE.

Presidents can declassify documents, VP's CANNOT. That's the ONLY difference here.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
          Readmikenowposted 16 months agoin reply to this

The biggest difference is that the President has the right to declassify documents.  The vp does not.  All the documents at President Donald Trump's residence were known, because he showed them to officials long before the FBI raid.  biden's documents were unknown and just discovered.  There is also the connection to China at the University of Penn. 

Nobody should take anything seriously that is said by any person on CNN.  A news network with a viewership of maybe 12....

1. profile image69

Or any of the Nazi liberal news media.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 16 months agoin reply to this

11 now that you're not watching.

GA

1. Readmikenow profile image95

At least they still have you.

3. Sharlee01 profile image84

This information shows all the ins and outs of how a VP is required to handle classified information. I these many procedures was not followed he broke the law. if they were followed there will be a good paper trail. This is very cut and dry. Being the VP, he had very strict rules to follow in regard to handling and removing classified documents from the White House. Biden, can not just say he does not know how they ended up in his office.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/32/2800.4

I think the facts you provide are clear and are what we should be considering. It well appears the media is once again making excuses for Biden. This man has been in Washington for over 50 years. He certainly has handled classified documents and knows the laws that govern the removal of such documents from a Government institution. He has absolutely no case to say he was unaware of the laws that are placed on handling classified documents. The media is making every attempt to add smoke to this report. This issue is very clear. He left his position and took classified documents. Too late for Joe to act as if he was in some way confused about the procedure. And anyone that believes that line of BS is wacky, IMO.

"(a)Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both."
            https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924

1. profile image69

Like I said before, Prep walk that POS Nazi biden out of the White House and in to jail. That scum deserves no less.

Factually the Penn Center opened in 2018, this is long after Biden left office.  One can assume it was between 2018 and when they were found in Nov 2022. the documents were placed in the locked closet where the lawyer found them.

I have not found any information to verify when Biden moved into his Penn - office. other than not this  Reuters reports --- which offers the idea he moved in before the building opened in 2017.

Reuters is reporting this ---  "The Penn Biden Center is named for Biden, who periodically used the office space from mid-2017 until the start of his 2020 presidential campaign. The White House Counsel's Office notified the National Archives on the day of the discovery of those documents, Sauber said, adding the National Archives took possession of the material on the following morning."
      https://www.reuters.com/world/us/classi … 023-01-09/
      Source for official opening --   Penn Biden Centerhttps://global.upenn.edu › Penn-Biden-center The Penn Biden Center officially opened our doors on February 8, 2018, with an event featuring the President of the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Amy Gutmann, ...
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_Bide … 20Gutmann.

3. Readmikenow profile image95

Biden slammed for 'unintelligible' response to classified documents: 'It's a game and they get away with it'

Andy McCarthy argues Biden's case is being handled in a 'very different manner' than Trump's

Former federal prosecutor Andy McCarthy warned the discovery of classified documents at President Biden’s private office could be "catastrophic" after the president harshly criticized former President Trump for a similar offense months earlier.

Biden addressed the matter for the first time Tuesday, saying he was "surprised" to learn they were at the Penn Biden Center. He said his personal attorneys immediately contacted the National Archives after finding the documents and that he is fully cooperating with the Justice Department

McCarthy, however, pointed out a glaring double standard in how authorities handled the situations with the current and former presidents.

McCarthy then noted that Trump also self-reported the additional documents found in Mar-a-Lago last year, but government officials went to federal court to have him held in contempt for defying the grand jury subpoena.

"It seems to me that already the two cases are being handled in a very different manner," he said.

As far as the newly discovered documents, Biden claimed to be unaware of the contents and said his lawyers have suggested that he not ask.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-sla … e-get-away

have you ever heard the song --- "wasn't me..."  It's the same old shell game -- look here not there. He is a joke and anyone that supports this man is in my view,  well you can guess. Note he is not admitting he took the documents.

Actually what he has said thus far, should show just how incompetent he is.
        Who forgets they took classified documents from the White House? And if he is that incompetent, boot him out. He is one giant mess, an embarrassment.

He will just ignore it all as he does so well. This is what he does.

Wasn't me!   
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxdasBrDMI

https://hubstatic.com/16318814.jpg
        Hey What Cheetos? Wasn't me...

4. Sharlee01 profile image84

An unidentified source familiar with the matter told ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Cecilia Vega that Biden was made aware at the time in November.
      https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-f … d=96338846

Biden speaks up about documents found in his office ---

President Joe Biden on Tuesday said that he was "surprised" to learn that any government records had been taken to a former personal office where classified documents were discovered in November.

For the first time answering questions on the revelation that surfaced Monday -- speaking at a North American Leaders' Summit in Mexico -- Biden said, and I quote

"People know I take classified information seriously."

"When my lawyers were clearing out my office at the University of Pennsylvania, they set up an office for me, a secure office, in the Capitol, the four years after being vice president, I was a professor at Penn. They found some documents in a box, you know, in a locked cabinet, or at least a closet. And as soon as they did, they realized there were several classified documents in that box and they did what they should have done,"   Joe Biden

"They immediately called the Archives, immediately called the Archives, turned them over to the Archives and I was briefed about this discovery and surprised to learn that there were any government records that were taken there to that office," he explained.

"But I don't know what's in the documents. I’ve – my lawyers have not suggested I ask what documents they were. I’ve turned over the boxes, they've turned over the boxes to the Archives. And we're cooperating fully, cooperating fully with the review, and which I hope will be finished soon and there will be more detail at that time," he said.

NOT CONFIRMED ---  Just breaking

Biden aides find second batch of classified documents at new location
      On Monday, the White House acknowledged a "small number" of classified documents had been found in an office used by Biden.

WASHINGTON — Aides to President Joe Biden have discovered at least one additional batch of classified documents in a location separate from the Washington office he used after leaving the Obama administration, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Since November, after the discovery of documents with classified markings in his former office, Biden aides have been searching for any additional classified materials that might be in other locations he used, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide details about the ongoing inquiry.

Biden aides have been sifting through documents stored at locations beyond his former Washington office to determine if there are any other classified documents that need to be turned over to the National Archives and reviewed by the Justice Department, the person familiar with the matter said.

The search was described as exhaustive, with the goal of getting a full accounting of all classified documents that may have inadvertently been packed in boxes when Biden cleared out of the vice president’s office space in January 2017. INADVERTENTLY? What!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- … -rcna65371

https://hubstatic.com/16318868.jpg

"how anyone could be that irresponsible."

"I thought, what data was in there that may compromise sources and methods," 
      Joe Biden

Again I ask --- confused or corrupt?

I think those involved willingly gave up the documents because they didn't want to be dragged to testify in front of a Republican Congress investigating it. I don't blame them.  It would not be a good experience.

6. abwilliams profile image68
      abwilliamsposted 16 months ago

Just heard about this too.
      The raid is probably being scheduled as I type, for 3 a.m. or so!

7. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 16 months ago

A former non-Republican US AG recommends a special counsel for the Biden documents issue. He also noted a defining difference; first-hand knowledge.

Did Biden have firsthand knowledge the documents were unreturned? Did Trump?

GA

I have done some reading on how one takes classified documents out of the White House. The VP is supported to use of the set rules. Taking documents requires several signatures, a record of what documents are being released, to who, and the dates they are taken.

The President has a completely different set of rules. It would seem there should be a paper trail if Biden followed procedure if he was the one that took any documents from the White House. He has not admitted to taking any documents as of yet.

I am not especially up for a special counsel. We have hundreds of lawyers in the DOJ. It would seem this investigation should be done thoroughly and quickly. Otherwise, it will disappear into the ozone as all the rest have.

8. abwilliams profile image68

Basically, Joe wasn't surprised by any of this and he knew that he, himself, had been "lackadaisical" in his handling of data.
      When he went along with shaking his head in disgust and scolding Trump, etc., guess that was just par for the course, when it comes to ALL things Trump!
      But, naturally, only Trump would be made an example of. Only Trump's name would be drug through the mud, only Trump's home would get raided!!!
      Trump has been a target since the day he announced he'd be entering the 2016 Presidential race. Targeted by a corrupt, swampy D.C. crowd who live by a different set of rules, that only they are entitled to live by.

All part of a very corrupt political machine, and a support system of brainwashed Americans. IMO

2. peoplepower73 profile image90

ab: So far Biden's team has cooperated openly.  Trump never cooperated, hence the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago. You play by the rules or you suffer the consequences.  Trump has never played by the rules. In four years as president, he has lied over 10,000 times.

The GOP and you are just salivating over the Biden documents and are using it as deflection to take the focus off of Trump and Jan. 6.

This is not about Trump in any respect --- it is about another human being breaching the law ---  factually the same law. 

Congress has the right to consider this problem. They were not aware of Biden taking and having documents, and not returning them.   Yes, factually the DOJ knew about these documents, and factually Congress did not hear about these documents until now.  They have every right to comment on this issue. Not only that, they are responsible to sort all this mess out. If Biden broke the law, even possibly used Government information to further break laws, using the information to benefit himself in any respect -- Congress is responsible to remove Biden from office. This is their job. We must assume this mess needs sorting out.

It is true Biden can not be charged until he leaves office, but he can be removed by Congress.  So, at best we will need to wait as we have with the Trump document issue to see if either will be indicted for the same crime.  Ultimately they both broke the law. I am in no way willing to look at Biden's crime any differently --- to me that would be illogical.  No one is above the law...

The Jan 6th investigation is underway with head investigator Jack Smith, he is also appointed to investigate the Trump issue with taking documents.

We now need to have an investigation of Biden taking documents or documents showing up in his personal home/garage and personal office.

We are all aware that the DOJ is investigating Trump for taking the documents. We now know that Biden is being accused of doing the same -- we need this matter investigated.  Biden does not get a pass... 

There are also different rules for a VP and president taking documents out of the WH.  I would think we will see a paper trail unless Biden did not follow protocol.  The VP, due to rules, is obligated to sign to remove documents.

I don't see that this is a deflection in regard to the Jan 6th.    Jan 6th has died down after the end of the committee report, and the problem was handed to Jack Smith --- we have not heard anything from Smith as of yet.

So, not sure why you feel there is a deflection going on. Nothing is being reported on the Jan 6th issue. I don't think dwelling on the issue will rush the Smith investigation. At this point, Trump has not been indicted for Jan 6th. . Maybe we wait and see what becomes of the  Smith investigation. So, at this point it is you that appears to be deflecting, using the Jan 6th issue to take away from the fact Biden appears to have taken and kept classified documents long after leaving office.

Let me remind you of the left media, and Democrats dwelled heavily on Trump taking documents when he left the White House.   Do you think it unfair that the GOP wants an investigation into Biden taking documents out of the White House and not returning them?

9. abwilliams profile image68

10,000 times eh, you've been counting have you? Isn't it time for you to get back to living your life? This obsession with Trump isn't healthy.

ab:  It is very healthy.  It helps me get it out of my system when commenting on people like you who are truly misinformed. .  Here is the link to Trump's lies and misinformation.  Be sure to hit the Next button at the bottom of each page. Happy reading.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/l … ling=false

10. Sharlee01 profile image84

Jan 12, 2023  Update --- Special Counsel Robert Hur has been appointed to investigate Biden's handling of the Documents found in three unsecured locations. Penn Biden Center,  Biden garage at his Wilmington, Delaware, home. , and Biden's private library in his Delaware home.

This handling of classified documents illegally is now in the hands of a Special Counsel.

Could Not Resist... 
      https://hubstatic.com/16320605_f1024.jpg

Sharlee:  The difference is Biden and his team is cooperating with the DOJ and the FBI every step of the way.  Trump did not and is still not cooperating.  Trump' s obstruction of the peaceful transfer of power and the handling of his classified documents is also in the hands of a special council, Jack Smith.

I can tell by the tone of  your words in your previous comments, your wishful thinking is that you hope Biden and his son have done something illegally. 

My wishful thinking is I hope Trump is held accountable for obstructing justice on Jan. 6, but also obstructing the FBI when asked to turn over his documents. 

Biden's documents were sent to the National Archives on Nov. 2.They may have good reason for not informing the public until almost two months later, based on the nature of the documents.  As you always say, we have to wait and see.

I have a different opinion on what Trump did in regard to cooperating. I have repeated my thoughts on that along with dates that archives and the FBI twice were welcomed to Trump's home, and one time the FBI raided his home. All three times all boxes could have been taken. I will agree to disagree on the subject of Trump did not cooperate. Yes, Jack Smith is investigating the document issue as well as the Jan 6th issue.

As I said above the pic --- I could not resist. I was being sarcastic. However, in my personal view, and let me repeat, it is my view --  I believe Joe Biden and his family are very corrupt --- too much smoke not to be fire.

It was illegal for Biden to take any classified documents out of the WH  and keep them. This is just a fact. He is not above the law, even though he may say he forgot... He is not above the law.  It is against the law for a president or a VP to take documents upon leaving office.

Biden is not above the law, it's that simple.

If we must depend on the left to prosecute Biden, or even investigate him, then yes, he is above the law.  As are nearly all of the left.

Neither is Trump above the law as nearly all of Trump's cohorts think and act like they are above the law. Failure to respond to a subpoena is punishable as contempt by either the court or agency issuing the subpoena. Punishment may include monetary sanctions (even imprisonment although extremely unlikely). look at what they did to Steve Bannon for ignoring his subpoena.

Have I not said it appears Trump broke the law when taking the documents? I am not really sure of the law, or what the special counsel is aware of.  It looks like both Trump and Biden have broken the law in regard to handling documents, and keeping them. I have been delving into protocols for handling classified documents. I think this is so important. VP Pence is going to be on a Fox shows tonight. I am hopeful he will talk about the rules that needed to be followed for a VP when removing documents from the WH.  I really don't think we know enough about either case.

I would not speak too quickly on the subpoena thing --- I mean this new special counsel as well as the Congress may need to subpoena many to get to the bottom of the Biden document issue, and they may take the same road as some that you call Trump cohorts. You do realize his Daughter, her husband, and many Trump appointees did cooperate with the Jan 6th committee?

Bannon is an American citizen, and he has the right to make up his own mind. He could suffer the consequences.

2. profile image69

Clearly Trump is not above the law, but biden is.

How many time I have heard Nazi Democrats stating "no one is above the law" when referring to Trump and yet when biden is caught violeting the law you don't hear from the Nazi Democrats " No ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW". The only thing you hear from the Nazi Democrats is " WELL THERE'S A DIFFERENCE". Hummm.

The same kind of difference you hear from the Nazi Democrats between about the J6 event is pure evil, but rioting looting , burning and other mayhem by Natifa  and BLM  for seven months 2020 is O.K. because there's a "DIFFERENCE":

I feel it is remarkable how some can make excuses for Biden with this document issue. We have some pretty clear facts, government documents have been found in three unsecured places Biden's private office, his garage, and inside a room in his home - fact

He has not claimed he did not take the documents -- fact.

It certainly appears he took them at this point.

If he did, he broke several laws.

I mean I have shared I feel he is a very confused man. So, I am good with just removing him from office, and letting go on his merry way.  It certainly appears he took the document in my view.  But he will not be charged due to being the President.

1. profile image69

biden stepping down from office would not be a bad thing in and of it's self. But harris then becoming the president would be far far worse.

let them both step down at the same time.

11. GA Anderson profile image88

This could be a first step into a conspiracy camp, but . . .

This question has been raised but sidelined by new developments: Why were lawyers(?), (were they the first sent, or were they the first call by whoever was sent; staffers?), searching Pres. Biden's spaces for documents?

And the follow-up questions; who sent them; why; what were they searching for?

Even if one accepts all of the Whitehouse's explanations, the 'why' of the searches still matters and should be easily explainable—unless there are sketchy aspects to the 'why'. Like an Archive's note?

Or, a prod from the DOJ because they knew of the Biden problem when the Special Counsel was appointed for Trump's case and knew Biden's case would be public next?

GA

I think we will see many conspiracies develop over the next weeks.

I have had all the same questions.  I keep remembering who realized  Trump had documents that they felt belonged in the archives. It was the  Archives.

It was the archives that noted Trump had taken documents, It was the archives that bought the problem to the  DOJ.  It was the DOJ that brought it to the FBI. It was the DOJ that appointed a special counsel.  This scenario is very close to what we see with the Biden document issue.

So, here is my conspiracy theory, contrived of conjecture.  My opinion is based on incomplete information.  But what fun putting it all together.

---  It is very possible the documents that Biden had were signed out, due to going through the typical legal procedures a VP must do to take documents out of the White House. 

Did the archives just discover a problem occurred due to Biden never returning documents he had signed many years ago? Did they in turn notify the White House?   Did the White House then send in the lawyers to search for the documents at Penn Center, and the lawyer found the first batch?

Did the archives find not all documents were retrieved and reported the problem at that point to the DOJ?  Which prompted to sent out the FBI to search Biden's garage and home. 

I keep coming back to the procedures that are followed for an official to remove classified documents from the White House. Could it all be this simple?  Could Biden just be a very careless man?   However, is this a viable excuse for a  then VP and now the President of The United States? 

OR ---------  do you have one?

12. Sharlee01 profile image84

I listened to Merrit Garland's statement he gave yesterday a second time, in full. I think it is very revealing and gives an interesting version of what happened when. Garland was careful with his words, and what he shared.  It is a good place to start to glean facts and realize this issue is being taken very seriously. Garland certainly indicated by his words, and his demeanor, the problem is serious, and this is the reason he appointed a special counsel.

"Earlier today I signed an order appointing Robert Hur as special counsel to the matter I just described the document authorizes him to investigate whether any persons or entity has violated the law in connection to this matter"  AG Garland

In fact, no one has been charged with any crime nor was it implied Bidens
      broke any laws. 

Hopefully, some will have a listen ---
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN81yMS0x1U&t=9s
      https://hubstatic.com/16322307.jpg

13. Sharlee01 profile image84

https://hubstatic.com/16322588_f1024.jpg
      The House Judiciary Committee announced Friday it's opened an investigation into the Obama-era classified documents that were found in President Joe Biden's Delaware home and his former Washington office.

The panel, now headed by Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, has sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland demanding all documents and communications between the Justice Department, FBI, and the White House about the discovery, as well as information about Garland's appointment of Robert Hur as special counsel overseeing the case.

Fox "EXCLUSIVE: Jim Jordan's first investigation as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee will examine President Biden's "mishandling" of classified documents and the Justice Department's investigation.

"We are conducting oversight of the Justice Department’s actions with respect to former Vice President Biden’s mishandling of classified documents, including the apparently unauthorized possession of classified material at a Washington, D.C., private office and in the garage of his Wilmington, Delaware, residence," Jordan and Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., wrote in a letter sent Friday to Garland."

Jordan is questioning the alleged concealment of information by the DOJ, as the White House admitted that the first batch of documents at the Penn Biden Center were discovered days before the 2022 midterm elections, but were not disclosed publicly until January.

"It is unclear when the Department first came to learn about the existence of these documents, and whether it actively concealed this information from the public on the eve of the 2022 elections," Jordan wrote. "It is also unclear what interactions if any, the Department had with President Biden or his representatives about his mishandling of classified material. The Department’s actions here appear to depart from how it acted in similar circumstances."

The lawmakers referenced the FBI's unprecedented raid on former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home last summer, and seized classified documents as an example of how the DOJ has proceeded differently in the past than it has proceeded with Biden. At the time, Biden slammed Trump for being "irresponsible" for keeping classified documents.

"In fact, on August 8, 2022, despite the publicly available evidence of President Trump’s voluntary cooperation, you personally approved the decision to seek a warrant for excessive and unprecedented access to his private residence. On August 15, 2022, Committee Republicans wrote to you and FBI Director Christopher Wray requesting documents and information related to the FBI’s raid of President Trump’s residence," the letter said"

DOJ confirmed receipt of the letter but declined to comment further."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim-jo … cs-scandal

14. Readmikenow profile image95

Like it says in the King James Bible in Galatians 6:7

“Be not deceived, God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

The democrats have sown a lot of ill will with the things they have done in the past and now they are reaping the results of them.

Yes, so correct...  MY God, they are slime.

15. Readmikenow profile image95

https://hubstatic.com/16323194.jpg

Saturday --  Jan 14, 2022   Lawyers found more classified documents at Joe Biden's Delaware home

Wait I mean wait a minute... Why is Biden's personal attorney searching for documents at this point? This is a Federal investigation, Federal agents from the FBI should be in charge of all searches, as was done with Trump... Biden's lawyer is sifting through classified documents. Where is the FBI, all of his homes,  and offices need to be searched? I am not prone to trust Biden's attorney, sorry. This is not cute old Joe misplacing papers... He has mishandled classified documents, and many over the years got prison time for less. If he is that confused, he needs to step down or be removed by Congress.  This has become ridiculous and embracing.

So glad to see that Congress jumped in quickly with an investigation.

Sharlee:

In the late 60’s I worked for a company that was on contract to the Strategic Air Command.  I developed the recordkeeping procedures for the movement and certification of classified coding materials in the Minuteman Missile System. These were all black box systems supplied by the National Security Agency. 

I was granted a secret clearance with crypto access.  The standing rule was you are only given access to classified materials, only if you had a proven need to know.  If you could not prove that you had a need to know, you were not given access to whatever you were requesting.  We were trained to maintain the utmost security with everything that we worked with.

This article describes how politicians at the top level are not taught or trained in those disciplines and how they can end up with high level classified information that they didn’t even know they had, except for Trump. He knowingly removed those documents and brought them to Mar-a Lago and obstructed the inquiry of those documents for 18 months.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64256465

Very informative article. I also want to thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I think it is commendable. I personally appreciate a person letting down the invisible shield the internet offer, and shares. Can't get to know one without this form of bravery to share. Your job description gives me a missing piece to the puzzle and hints at how you come by your views.

Thus far,  I have been getting my information in regard to Federal documents from the link below.

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/law … nformation

I hope the new investigator Jack Smith will weed out what happened with the Trump document case, and come up with a conclusion and opinion on all the why's I have. Why he took them? Did he declassify the boxes as he claims? Did he have the right to even take declassified documents?  It appears he did not, in my view. Was he cooperating with the archives, and why was it dragged out over a year? Why did the FBI and NARA not just take all the boxes on the three occasions they visited Trump's home?  So, many questions.

It certainly appears laws have been broken by both Trump and Biden.
            But I feel both broke different laws in regard to the documents they took.

In my view, the DOJ's  'playing politics' for Biden with their handling of the Trump Document debacle,  has now forced AG Garland's hand in Biden the same... What goes around comes around. 

I mean if this bunch did not have bad luck, they would have no luck.

Today we have more fire added to an already burning building with the reports of more documents being found at Biden's Delaware home... Makes me ask, where next or better yet, what next?

3. GA Anderson profile image88

When someone really deserves a poke in the ribs, the reason for the poke shouldn't be a surprise.

I caught some media-seekers' news blurbs about the current documents issue that presented exposed ribs. This looks like an appropriate thread for it.

The sharpest and most well-deserved poke, (maybe a double poke), goes to Republicans for their politicians that are talking about how classified docs are supposed to be handled so securely that you have to put your wife up for collateral, etc., and piling on Biden for the 'multiple locations' crap.

There are no details that can color the knowing hypocrisy of those making such condemnations. There could be dozens of arguable differences between the two cases, but none alter the 'fact' that the issue of mishandling is identical—they weren't supposed to have the documents. Anything else is just arguing whose mishandling was worse. These aren't idiots making these defenses, they're scheming politicians telling you how stupid they think you are.

The second jab goes to a media-seeking Democrat 'scheming politician' talking about the documents possibly being a Republican plant. You could tell his heart wasn't in it by the look on his face and the conditions he attached; maybe, I don't know, I don't dismiss the idea, etc.  One might get the impression he knew that you knew but he had to say it anyway. That's being charitable. His jab comes with a SMH sigh.

GA

I have gleaned a few important things through research, that I can add. In regards to any of the Republican politicians. Yes, they are taking every opportunity to share hyperbolic statements. However, it does appear they are correct in the sense that In general, classified documents must be handled in a way that protects the integrity and confidentiality of the information they contain. This includes securing documents in a safe or other authorized storage container when the documents are not being used by staff. If staff members need to move them from one place to another, they must follow security protocols to do so.

Though classified information can be taken off the premises in the course of official duties, taking classified documents home is prohibited by executive order. The president can sign an order for an office to take documents off of the premises.  This applies to the VP.
          (Part 4 - Safeguarding)  https://www.archives.gov/isoo/policy-do … .html#four

I am sure you are aware of many that have taken classified documents home and have been prosecuted for not following procedure.

I would suppose some officials may break the rules, and take documents out of the White House. But, they are breaking the law.

In my view, if it ends up Biden took home documents without bothering with protocol, he broke the law. By not storing them in what could be considered a secure area, he broke another law.   Pretty cut and dry.

I guess if he could prove Obama signed an executive order for him to take documents home, and Biden forgot to bring them back in 6 years, and just left them in a garage --- I still have a problem with Joe being so irresponsible.

conspiracies abound --- Some are saying the Democrats set him up, so he would retire or at best not run in 2024.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

I don't have any doubts that both presidents 'broke the law', (violated established rules), nor do I think any of the 'why' explanations; who broke the law more, change that.

The arguments, as I noted from both sides, are partisan hypocrisy. Once again, the politicians are telling us what they think of us.

GA

I very much agree --- the politicians with help of the media are pretty much setting the stage for conspiracies, and making attempts to dictate what we should think about this issue.  The facts seem very clear, it's up to citizens to see the blatant hypocrisy.

4. abwilliams profile image68

Agreed and I've no doubt that previous Presidents (not sure about Vice-Presidents - maybe?!) have done the same!

After the over-the-top abuse of Donald Trump that we've all been encouraged to take part in....we're now asked to give Joe Biden every benefit of the doubt.  If we can't simply accept and dismiss his various shortcomings, we are asked to, at the very least, consider his age, his dementia, his "Joe being Joe" aka: "oh gosh, shucks" defense and cut this pitiful old man, some slack.

America got the guy they voted for. In my view,  Biden's history preseeded him. He has shown signs of cognitive problems when he was campaigning and continues to do so these past two years. No, we can't offer slack due to his age,  he is the leader of the free world.  He needs to step down or be removed, and it's Congress's duty to remove him. The document issue is just more proof of his inability to be responsible to do the job of a president.

If we accept this kind of confused president, we are setting precedence. My God, where are we as a society heading?

1. abwilliams profile image68
            abwilliamsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I still don't believe that we got the President America voted for, but there's no going back now!
            The dastardly Dems now know that maybe a little too much effort was put into getting this guy, the absolute wrong guy...into office. They'll never admit the amount of cover-up and conspiracy which was required to do so, but they'll not be putting the same effort into returning this guy {Biden}
            to office, the next go-round.

I hear ya. It sickens me. And I just feel all Americans need to wake up and stop being complimented, just saying Oh Well. The time for fence-sitting and ignoring what we are seeing is over, the fence is burning under us.

This kind of acceptance is so dangerous. We hired a Congress to follow our constitution and our laws.  It does appear Jim Jordan has initiated an investigation on the Biden document issue. Hopefully, he is swift and gets to the bottom of this problem.

I know most have become tired of me saying --- Biden needs to be impeached he appears to be a confused compromised man. What next, will we expect to overlook?  This all has become very much dangerous to our democracy.

Maybe Joe is being told by his own party --- It's time to go Joe!
        https://hubstatic.com/16324721_f1024.jpg

"Schiff gives answer you might not expect when asked about Joe Biden's handling of classified docs.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is not ruling out the possibility that national security may have been jeopardized by President Joe Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Schiff appeared on ABC’s "This Week" on Sunday after a third batch of classified documents was found at Biden’s residence in Wilmington, Delaware.

ABC’s Jonathan Karl asked Schiff whether it was possible national security had been jeopardized – an assessment Schiff made after the FBI seized classified documents from former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in August.

"I don’t think we can exclude the possibility without knowing more of the facts," Schiff said. "We have asked for an assessment in the intelligence community of the Mar-a-Lago documents. I think we ought to get that same assessment of the documents found in the [Penn Biden Center] as well as the home of President Biden."

"I’d like to know what these documents were. I’d like to know what the [special counsel’s] assessment is, whether there was any risk of exposure and what the harm would be and whether any mitigation needs to be done," Schiff said. "I think that would be appropriate and consistent with what we requested in the case of Mar-a-Lago."

Schiff said he would "reserve judgment" when asked whether the Biden administration should have revealed the discovery of the documents sooner.

He added, "I think it’s important to point out that the Biden approach was very different in the sense that it looks – as far as we can tell – that it was inadvertent that these documents were in these locations."
        Source of Quotes --    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr … ified-docs

This might be interesting if Adam Schiff wasn't complete and absolute lying slime of the worst kind.  I'll never forget during an impeachment him saying what "probably happened" during a call with Ukraine.  Then the blatant lies he told about the Steele Dossier.  The man is a bottom feeding democrat.  I'm beginning to wonder if there are any other kind.

Yes, he has been caught many times lying. Perhaps he won't go out on a limb for Joe or he knows much more than he should about this mess.

I have shared my true view of the Democratic party, and anyone that supports their corruption. Slime pure bottom of the pond odorous slime.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image59
              Fayetteville Fayeposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Again , the Democrats are no worse as a whole than the Republicans. I would  venture to say there is an equal amount of odorous slime within the ranks of each. I get it that when people pledge allegiance to a party they want to believe it's more pure than the alternatives but this is clearly not the case.  I'll call your Adam Schiff and raise you a George Santos.

Can't in any respect put weight on a lie from a man that a state sent to Washington to be their voice.  I feel this is a very serious issue.  You know like the Biden-Trump problem with documents. I am a cut-and-dry person.

It well appears Santos lied in my view thus far. Lots of smoke around the accusations.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

I'll see your George Santos and raise you a joe biden.  For decades, he has been telling the most outrageous lies in public forums and making the most outlandish unsupported claims about his life.

democrats love guys like biden.

Maybe Santos should run for president.  He is not an accomplished liar on the level of biden.  This means Santos should get many democrat votes.

Yes, Biden is one big old liar. That is what really shocked me when I witnessed so many voting for this man. I will say it again and again --- Biden's history is a long one with a long trail of mistruths.

The Dems complained adamantly that Trump was a liar, many saying his entire life. Yet they selected such a Washington well-known liar.

3. GA Anderson profile image88

Hmmm. . . that's a tough call.

GA

Thanks for not being sideswiped away from the subject of this thread.

4. Sharlee01 profile image84

You deflect once again, the subject of the thread is all about the current problem Biden finds himself in --- taking documents and not returning them.  As you see my Schiff reference is all about his views on the problem of Biden being found to have classified documents, he should not have.

"Schiff gives an answer you might not expect when asked about Joe Biden's handling of classified docs.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is not ruling out the possibility that national security may have been jeopardized by President Joe Biden’s mishandling of classified documents."

Faye, you deflected quickly.  We all realize there are unscrupulous individuals in both parties. This thread was concentrating on one in the hot seat currently. That would be Biden.

Rep. Swalwell on Biden vs. Trump's classified documents: 'Treat them both the same'

The Democratic Congressman said Biden was cooperating in 'every meaningful way

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., said Wednesday that both President Biden and former President Trump's classified document cases should be treated "the same" during an episode of "The View."

"The View" co-host Sara Haines asked Swalwell about the latest discovery of classified documents at Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home and wondered how serious he believes it is for the president.

Swalwell said that a special counsel was "absolutely appropriate" but added that the president was cooperating "in every meaningful way."

Co-host Sunny Hostin asked Swalwell if he believed Attorney General Merrick Garland was going to indict Trump or if Biden's own mishandling of classified material would "allow Trump to escape justice once again."

"Everything I know about Merrick Garland is that he truly is independent, and that frustrates a lot of people, his independence," the California Congressman said. "He’s going to take each case on its merits and recognizes that the rule of law depends on this."

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg suggested that the classified documents discovered were not actually classified.

"We have no idea what’s in those boxes, and I want the law to look and say, man. This is recipes from some stuff he was trying to do with her, and, you know, because I believe that every president has boxes full of stuff that at one point might have been, you know, classified, but you don’t take the stuff when it’s still hot. You don’t take the hot stuff which is what you-know-who did. I can’t say his name. I still can’t," she said.

WOW, what a mouth full Whoopi stupid!

6. abwilliams profile image68

Lol, nice try Faye. The slimy Schiff, like so many other slimy
        Dems lives and breathes the Democratic Party and has for decades. Santos is an anomaly, but I understand why you must reach.

I'm not reaching.  Let me just throw in Solomon Pena...
          The self-proclaimed “MAGA king” became angry over his landslide defeat in November. This led to attacks at the homes of four Democratic lawmakers in New Mexico. He paid someone to drive by and shoot up their homes.  Mr Pena had apparently fallen deep down into the MAGA rabbit hole.
          Another anomaly? Or just evidence that neither party holds the high moral ground.  Regardless of what many try to advance, Republicans and Democrats are both human. It's ridiculous to think that either holds the moral majority.
          Each have their own fair share of scandals and criminals.

How can one party  maintain or put forth a self-image as the moral majority while completely neglecting the standards that have traditionally defined moral behavior? Sure, they could try holding each other to account and refusing to support candidates and media personalities who fail to meet those standards  but that's hard. And they just don't do it, do they?  Mr Santos being the case in point.

A few more cases in point ---

let's toss in Fang Fang  --  Chinese Spy Worked as a Fundraiser for Eric Swalwell

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – New details emerged Wednesday about how a Chinese spy managed to stay by Senator Dianne Feinstein's side for nearly 20 years.

Or  Rod Blagojevich

And then let's just remember Billy Clinton...

Let's just add the current president to the list ---Biden he certainly is in hot water taking home documents and not returning them leaving them pretty much open to natural elements in his garage. This certainly takes the cake in my view.

I will give it to the Democrats, when they skirt the law, they really skirt the law...

7. Sharlee01 profile image84

More fodder ---  Thank You Fox this might have fallen through the cracks
        Let's hear from The National Archives on the issue.
        https://hubstatic.com/16328127_f1024.jpg

"The National Archives dismissed reports about mishandled documents from the Obama-Biden administration as "false and misleading" just weeks before the first batch of classified documents were uncovered at the Penn Biden Center last fall.

The National Archives responded to questions about the documents on Oct. 11, less than a month before classified documents would be found at the Biden think tank in Washington. It argued that all documents from the Obama administration had been "securely moved" to locations that met "strict archival and security standards."

"Reports that indicate or imply that those Presidential records were in the possession of the former Presidents or their representatives after they left office, or that the records were housed in substandard conditions, are false and misleading," the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) wrote.

NARA did not respond to a request for comment on whether President Biden's garage in Wilmington, Delaware met its "strict archival and security standards."
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nation … atch-found

Second Source    Oct 11 2022  NARA Statement in full. ---
        "October 11, 2022,
        The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), in accordance with the Presidential Records Act, assumed physical and legal custody of the Presidential records from the administrations of Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Ronald Reagan, when those Presidents left office. NARA securely moved these records to temporary facilities that NARA leased from the General Services Administration (GSA), near the locations of the future Presidential Libraries that former Presidents built for NARA. All such temporary facilities met strict archival and security standards, and have been managed and staffed exclusively by NARA employees. Reports that indicate or imply that those Presidential records were in the possession of the former Presidents or their representatives after they left office, or that the records were housed in substandard conditions, are false and misleading."
        https://www.archives.gov/press/press-re … 2/nr22-001

That's comical!  That NARA thinks that all the records they don't know about are accounted for properly is about the funniest thing I've heard today.

Or  Joe never really followed protocol to remove documents from the WH. (A presidential order is required even for a VP). He may have just taken them...And the Archives never had them after Obama left office, they had no knowledge of them at all. Due to their statement, it appears they thought they had all the Obama documents in the archives.

Joe as well as his son are very sloppy grifters. They leave bread crumbs to their doors.

8. abwilliams profile image68

I have never heard of Pena!

Everyone has heard of Schiff, Pelosi, Biden, Nadler, Swalwell, Gore, Kerry, Cuomo, Lightfoot, Schumer, Clinton....slime balls with power, the worst sort!!

Which Republicans sided with Dems over matters of slavery, civil rights, voting rights, etc.?

Which Republicans have attempted to make the case for leaving babies, who have survived abortion, left to suffer and die? While on the subject, which Republicans have made the case for abortion for full term perfectly healthy babies?

Which Republican set up their Democratic competition with lies, a bogus dossier, all while spying on their campaign, while all of mainstream media and all of D.C. participated in the propaganda, which sought to personally destroy their Democratic competition?

Which Republican shook their head in disgust in interviews, had the F.B.I. carry out an armed raid on the home of his competition, a Democrat, that he knew had done nothing more than he had done himself?

Which Republican and child did business with China, profiting off of their name, while V.P., then were so gifted with power that all of media, all of social media, withheld it from the American people?

Which Republicans have gotten wealthy over claims of Climate Change, all while preaching do as we say, not as we do, as they've never ceased in jet setting around the world?

I can keep going!?

No doubt, there have been rascally Republicans in the past and no doubt, still are today. No doubt there have been Republicans who have lined their pockets and profited as a result of their position.

But you will NEVER convince me that the Party of Lincoln or any other Party is, has ever been or ever will be as avaricious and corrupt as the Democrat Party.

Morality is to political party / politicians as oil is to water.  But more power to you if you feel like you are part of something that has the moral ground.

I'm a conservative, I have no loyalty to the Republican Party. Just stating the facts ma'am!

I am a conservative, who finds at this point in time my loyalties are aligned with the Republican party --- I feel this party is in many respects our last hope. So, I am on board with their agenda. I have considered the alternative party dangerous to our democracy.   Always ready to weed out any I find undesirable.

I think that loyalty should come from elected Republicans. If they can stay loyal to the wishes of the people and adhere to what conservatives know can fix this Nation...for a change, I will have no problem referring to myself as Republican. They've just let me down too often!

Sorry, you have been highjacked away from the subject... Seems some don't care to address this subject. Would rather deflect and talk about the reputations of Republicans.

9. Sharlee01 profile image84

Reroute --- back to the subject

Laugh of the day   ---  "I'm going to get the chance to speak on all of this, God willing, soon. But as I said earlier this week — and, by the way, my Corvette is in a locked garage, okay? So, it's not like they're sitting out in the street," Joe Biden

"White House claimed Biden's Delaware house used for official business but now says it's 'personal'
        Biden has met with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Sen. Joe Manchin at Wilmington home"

"The White House has previously claimed that President Joe Biden works while taking trips to his Wilmington, Delaware, home, but it is now claiming that the residence is "personal" amid a number of classified documents being found at the address.

During a White House press briefing on Feb. 25, 2022, former press secretary Jen Psaki said that Biden can get work done from anywhere.

"I will note that, while every president can work from anywhere they are because that is how presidencies are equipped, he is traveling to Delaware for the memorial service of a family member. And he will be — that is why he’s traveling there this weekend," Psaki said.

"But on Monday, the White House Counsel's Office said that Biden's Wilmington residence is personal. The office made the statement while explaining why visitor logs don't exist at Biden's Wilmington residence.

"Like every president in decades of modern history, his personal residence is personal," the office said.

Notably, Biden has previously held legislative meetings at the Wilmington home, such as one gathering with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va.

In addition to classified documents being found at Biden's private office at the Penn Biden Center in November, a number of Obama-era classified documents were also found last week in the garage of the Wilmington home."

The discovery was made during a search of Biden's Wilmington residence for classified documents.

"Because I have a security clearance, I went to Wilmington Thursday evening to facilitate providing the document the president's personal counsel found on Wednesday to the Justice Department," said White House Special Counsel Richard Sauber in a Saturday statement. "While I was transferring it to the DOJ officials who accompanied me, five additional pages with classification markings were discovered among the material with it, for a total of six pages. The DOJ officials with me immediately took possession of them.

Biden was asked about the classified documents last Thursday, telling Fox News they were in a locked garage.

"Classified documents next to your Corvette? What were you
        thinking?"
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white- … s-personal

1. profile image69

biden is the worst thing this country has ever suffered from.

I very much agree. I have never seen one that has been as destructive as he has to America.

10. Sharlee01 profile image84

It was reported that there were no visitors logs at Bidens Home ---  Now this.

Biden classified document investigation: Secret Service ready to provide Delaware visitors, source says
        Secret Service prepared to turn over documentation of visitors to Biden's Delaware home if requested by Congress, source familiar with situation tells Fox News

The U.S. Secret Service is prepared to offer names of individuals who visited President Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, home if requested by Congress, Fox News has learned.

The White House continues to insist that there exists no formal visitor log for the personal residence where two troves of classified documents were found.

While the White House has not kept a formal list, the Secret Service does collect information on guests with regular access to the home.

Retention of the names of those vetted by the Secret Service depends on a variety of factors, including proximity to the president and the nature of the background check.

"The Secret Service does not maintain visitor logs at the private residences of protectees," said U.S. Secret Service chief of communications Anthony Guglielmi. "While the Secret Service does generate law enforcement and criminal justice information records for various individuals who may come into contact with Secret Service protected sites, we are not able to comment further as this speaks to the means and methods of our protective operations."

A source familiar with the situation told Fox News that the Secret Service is prepared to provide available background information on vetted guests to Biden's residence if requested by Congress.

Biden continues not to address the subject personally or when questioned on the fly.

Sharlee:  "A source familiar with the situation told Fox News that the Secret Service is prepared to provide available background information on vetted guests to Biden's residence if requested by Congress."

Who was the source?  Without a name, it is nothing more than conspiracy theory.

I must agree with you on this one... No source is offered. So, Fox could need to retract this story if it is untrue. I am keeping an eye on this report.

My feet are close to the fire on this one.  As a rule, I don't post reports that don't have names belonging to a human being. However, Anthony Guglielmi does admit --   "While the Secret Service does generate law enforcement and criminal justice information records for various individuals who may come into contact with Secret Service protected sites, we are not able to comment further as this speaks to the means and methods of our protective operations."

I think much of what we are hearing about the Biden document issue could very well be speculation on the part of the media.

I am just keeping it all in one place via this thread. I think it will be interesting as all proceeds to see what pans out.

But I thank you for pointing the source issue out. It warrants mentionning.

11. Sharlee01 profile image84

Finally a statement from Biden on the document issue --- His statement appeared to be a prepared statement which he read, and him adding his own words towards the end. ---"There is no there there."    Please watch the clip to ascertain what appears to be Biden rumbling through his crib notes, and then reading his statement.

"You know what, quite frankly, bugs me is that we have a serious problem here we’re talking about. We’re talking about what’s going on," Biden said, referring to the damage. "And the American people don’t quite understand why you don’t ask me questions about that."

The president then allowed the question to proceed. The reporter asked Biden whether he had any regrets about not revealing the existence of those documents when they were discovered – less than a week before the November midterms.

"We found a handful of documents were filed in the wrong place," Biden said. "We immediately turned them over to the Archives and the Justice Department. We’re fully cooperating and looking forward to getting this resolved quickly."

He added: "I think you're going to find there's nothing there. I have no regrets. I’m following what the lawyers have told me they want me to do. It’s exactly what we’re doing. There’s no there there." 
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- … hing-there

12. abwilliams profile image68

"There's no there there", sounds like Clinton-speak to me..."depends on what the meaning of is is".
        Could say, Dem-speak, Dems are all the same and do the American people zero favors!

Hey, both Clintons live by the old adage --- look here not there.
          Bill Clinton famously told the nation, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Bill's ploy right out of the Democratic Book Of  --  Sure Fire Book " Grifts You Too Can Pull Off" Page 101. Paragraph 5 ---  Just say ya did not do it...  Lots will hear ya, and it will leave a trail of believers, that believe everything they hear.

13. Sharlee01 profile image84
        Sharlee01posted 15 months ago

" There is no there..."
        https://hubstatic.com/16334745.jpg

whoops, I did it again  ---  OMG this is so ridiculous! Ya, waking up yet people?

DOJ seizes more classified docs from Biden's Wilmington home after 12-hour search
        The DOJ seized an additional six items consisting of classified documents from Biden's Wilmington home
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-se … our-search

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
          Ken Burgessposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee, come on, stop and think.

Why are they suddenly finding classified documents in Biden's home?

Because those who are really running the show feel he is a liability now.

They propped him up, they used him to get rid of Trump.

Trump is gone, the people aren't exactly happy with the way the economy is going, there is too much dirt being exposed about Hunter and Joe... so its time for him to go.

I don't know who they will stick in there, perhaps Gavin Newsom, someone who can be charismatic, but who is fully on board with the goals of Agenda 2030 and whatever comes out of WEF/G20 meetings.

America will have its version of Justin Trudeau soon enough.

We are on the same wavelength... LOL, This entire issue gets more ridiculous each day, and it seems the Dems even with all they are throwing at Joe, may have sheep too well dummied down to accept the writing on the wall. I mean what next?  Joe on the front lawn of the WH dancing in his underwear, ripping up documents...

This crap comes right out of the Democrat -- "Cheap Ass Ploy To Rid The Party Of Dead Weight "... Page 102 paragraph three --- make sure to do it up good with drip drip drip evidence, and through in "this guy is unfit, confused, and dangerous. Make sure to make him no longer to even show his face.

Hey,  Newsom will do the trick, I mean his hair alone should tell you he should be the president. LOL

I mean how much worse can this get? Biden had no authority to legally take classified documents even out of the WH, yet that is being ignored. If we change the name to Trump, the emergency impeachment would have been over and done a week ago.

Hey, as I have been saying --- we as a society have received what we bought, and deserve it. Guess I am over-dancing around in the mist.

14. Sharlee01 profile image84

AOL --  WASHINGTON — Saturday’s revelation that classified documents had been found at President Biden’s private home in Wilmington, Del., provided fodder for congressional Republicans who used the following morning’s political talk shows to vow aggressive investigation of how Biden and his top advisers handled classified materials during his time as vice president during the Obama administration.

Democrats, too, were forced to agree that the president had committed a serious error, for which there could be legal and political consequences.

“Just unacceptable,” said Sen Dick Durbin, a veteran Democrat from Illinois, on CNN’s “State of the Union” program.

“They need a course correction,” former Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, a Democrat who represented North Dakota, said on ABC’s “This Week.”
        https://www.aol.com/news/totally-irresp … 39015.html

Maybe time for Jow to cash in his chips? Looks like their done with him, and pretty well rode the lame horse as far as they could. This man has such bad karma, what next?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image67

In my more than 65 years on planet earth, I've never heard of 'bad kama'. But Biden? That's terrible.

Biden is dripping with bad karma, it appears he has had it throughout his life. Lost a wife and child, had poor health even as a young man, and the list goes on until today...  it's like he has a black cat following him through his life.

15. Sharlee01 profile image84

So what are the DOJ and FBI waiting for?  Biden has completely weaponized the DOJ. He needs to be impeached NOW. Where is the hell is House Leader, time to quickly walk Joe out. This is a dangerous situation, as well as an embarrassing one.

Legal experts slam FBI’s failure to search Biden’s Rehoboth home as classified documents pile up
        President Biden spent the weekend at his beach house as the FBI found classified documents at his other Delaware residence

"The White House has so far declined to say whether the Department of Justice will or should conduct a search of President Biden’s residence in Rehoboth, Delaware, for classified documents, which legal experts said falls short of the Biden administration's claim of transparency and raises more doubts about the possibility of criminal activity.

President Biden spent the weekend at his Rehoboth residence as the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched his Wilmington, Delaware, home Friday and found six additional classified documents. The White House has said Biden’s lawyers searched his Rehoboth residence and found no classified materials."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/legal- … ts-pile-up

16. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
        Kathleen Cochranposted 15 months ago

How embarrassed were you 2016 to 2020?

This is a very odd question, in light of the subject of the thread. Trump is no longer president.  The thread is about Biden taking classified documents he had no right to take and then leaving them in many unsecured locations, and then just saying "I have no regrets". He has been in Washinton for 50 years and has had security clearance for those many years as a senator.   So, yes I find his lack of following the law in regard to handling classified documents very embarrassing.  You may want to consider dwelling on the here and now.  I moved on long ago.

I also feel Biden much of the time appears confused, almost pitiful to watch. I find this an embarrassment to our Nation.

In regard to Trump, I can't ever remember having a problem with Trump's mentation. He certainly was outspoken, but never confused or told what to say and do. I prefer a president that is unafraid to share their view. Can't stand a puppet.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
            DrMark1961posted 15 months agoin reply to this

That woman reminds me of those comedians like Stephen Colbert. They are still harping on Trump and ignoring the fact that Biden has been destroying your country for years.
            People like that is what is really embarassing here.

Yes folks in my state are just fuming at what he's doing...

https://katv.com/news/local/biden-harri … rtation-ar

In contrast, our new governor is doing the work of the people...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/ark … -rcna65351

Not sure this subject fits the thread. Would be more appropriate on this thread.
                https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/352 … ost4280042

Just a rebuttal to the good doctors comment on how President Biden is ruining the country.

I find it odd she as a rule leaves only a "one-liner"... Yes, sort of like a comedian.    I mean I would give her more credit if she would step up and share a bit of a view. Not that one cares to read between the lines, as her comments leave one doing.

It would seem some here have blinkers on when it comes to Biden, they won't as a rule even comment on him or the problems he has caused. I mean could you even imagine if we replace the name, Trump, and his son, with Biden and Hunter or if Trump had left documents all over the place... It actually goes to show some have become so well brainwashed --- scary is it not?

17. Sharlee01 profile image84

https://hubstatic.com/16339060.jpg
        Yikes! 1,800 more boxes containing Biden records are known to be at the University of Delaware... Please forgive my drip drip drip. I am keeping a synopsis of what is being reported, and when it was reported on the Biden document issue. I find the trail to be fascinating, and ongoing.  This report is interesting and will be more so if more classified documents are found in an unsecured storage area.

Jab 24, 2023 ---   "​Sen. Ted Cruz has demanded authorities go through President Biden’s papers held at the University of Delaware after more classified material dating back to Biden’s time in the Senate was discovered at his Wilmington residence last week.

“The next step in this scandal is going to be, OK, if Biden’s Senate documents include classified documents outside of classified settings — which is illegal — how many more classified documents are illegally in his Senate papers?” the Texas Republican said Monday on his “Verdict” podcast.

Cruz said the university, Biden’s alma mater, has more than 1,800 boxes from his 36 years in the Senate.

The lawmaker added that the school “presumably” does not have an SCIF — a sensitive compartmented information facility required to view the most highly sensitive of classified documents. 

“During the 2020 campaign, there was a concerted media effort to try to get access to those documents. In particular, there were allegations of sexual harassment raised against Joe Biden, and the media wanted to examine the documents on those allegations of sexual harassment. The University of Delaware has said, nope, they’re not releasing the documents to anybody until two years after Biden retires from public life,” he said.

“I am right now calling for the Department of Justice, for the FBI to examine all 1,850 boxes of those Senate records to see how many additional classified documents are in those records,” Cruz continued. “The answer should be none. But given Biden’s pattern, we should have zero confidence that there are not multiple classified documents within those 1,850 boxes of Senate records.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/sen-cruz- … -delaware/

So how did Biden's paper end up in the archives at the University Of Delaware?   Here is a link that can answer that question.
        https://library.udel.edu/special/home/c … al-papers/

"Access to the Biden Senate Papers Collection During the Curatorial Process
        President Biden donated his Senatorial papers to the University of Delaware pursuant to an agreement that prohibits the University from providing public access to those papers until they have been properly processed and archived. The University is bound by, and will comply with, the agreement. Until the archival process is complete and the collection is opened to the public, access is only available with President Biden’s express consent.

2020 -- University of Delaware says it still has no plans to release Biden’s Senate papers, as pressure mounts
        https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/politics … index.html

2021 --  Still no movement on making documents public --   "A lawsuit backed by a right-wing news website, suing the University of Delaware for its refusal to release documents related to President Joe Biden’s senatorial records, has made its way to the Delaware Supreme Court."

2022 -- No movement as of yet...
        https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … g-bidens-/

Oct 2022 ---  Oh my
        Del. Court Affirms Biden Senate Papers' FOIA Exclusion --- WHAT
        https://www.law360.com/articles/1541514 … -exclusion

Jan 12 2023 --  Judicial Watch Asks Delaware Supreme Court for Limited Discovery to Depose a U Del Representative over Biden Senate Papers
        https://www.judicialwatch.org/biden-senate-papers/

One must ask, why in the world have the Un of Delawares documents not been searched in light of the fact Biden clearly had classified documents in many locations?  Time for the DOJ to send in the FBI. Hopefully, this is what will occur. This is not smoke, this is FIRE.
        https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne … 345618002/

President Biden and his designees have access, under the supervision of Special Collections, to the materials during the process. No Biden designee has visited the collection since November 2019. No documents have been added or removed by any Biden designees during any visits."

18. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 15 months ago

This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

"Vice President Mike Pence discovered classified documents in Indiana home
        Pence informed Congress Tuesday he found documents bearing classified markings in his Indiana home on Jan. 16."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vice-p … diana-home

Mike, thank you for adding this report here. I am trying to keep a synopsis of what is being reported on the illegal taking of documents issue. I was just about to add the report.

It appears that politicians may not want to be caught with documents, and are doing their own searches.  It also seems that protocol is very lacking in regard to officials taking documents without an actual legal right to do so. A VP has no right to take classified documents without an executive order.

What a mess, what an embarrassment.

Readmikenowposted 15 months agoin reply to this

The cynical side of me believes that pence is showing his RINO side by doing this and view it as an attempt to take the pressure off of biden. 
            pence talks a good game, but when it gets real, he always folds to the democrats.

Oh yes, Mike, same thought...  He is most certainly a RINO, and a very proficient politician.

I think he's actually a republican through or through if you look at his history.  A quite conservative one at that.  Just because he has his lawyers do a search of his documents and turns over what he isn't supposed to have, he's no longer a Republican?  I guess he just should have stuffed them somewhere.

19. abwilliams profile image68
        abwilliamsposted 15 months ago

I am sure that they have ALL, always taken some documents with them when they leave office, but the corrupt D.C. swamp was running out of things to harass Donald Trump with, and so, Voila`….. surprise, turns out, EVERYBODY has documents! What a joke our Government has become. The Bushes, Clintons and Obamas are probably all planning bonfires, as I type…..

20. Sharlee01 profile image84

JOE BIDEN Published January 25, 2023, 8:21am EST
        National Archives blows off Republican oversight request for info on Biden classified documents
        Both the Justice Department and the National Archives have ignored House Republicans

The National Archives has ignored a House Oversight Committee request to detail its communications regarding President Biden's alleged mishandling of classified documents.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., on Jan. 10 requested records detailing the National Archives' interactions with President Biden's lawyers and the Justice Department, setting a deadline for Jan. 24. Nevertheless, the deadline came and went Tuesday with no response from the archives, Comer says.

"The National Archives has not produced the requested documents to the Committee at this time," a committee spokesperson told reporters late Tuesday. "Chairman Comer’s request still stands and anticipates moving forward with a transcribed interview with NARA’s general counsel soon."

I think it has been shown that no one really complies with committee requests. Why would they?  Now it's even, both parties can ignore requests. This is where we are today.

As far as the department of Justice goes though they don't have to cooperate. At least not at this point

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/2 … s-00078805

Here is my view, and I don't think many have considered what I am going to share. I think once again we have media, as well as congress (both sides), gathering tons of smoke to cover the possible problems, and actually more important what Congress should be doing. First, we all know at this point the House has a small majority, and it would seem I will [point my complaint toward them...

With the clear fact that Biden took and kept documents that are classified, he broke the law. We are dancing around facts that are clear-cut. Many in the media making excuses on why he may have taken the docs... "he may have been writing a boom" he may have not been fully aware of protocol in regard to taking Docs out of a skiff. "This is smoke and holds no facts, the fact is he broke the law.

Another fact, our Congress has every right to see all Documents that have been found. Congress has the pure task to ascertain if Biden used these documents for notorious reasons. They are the guardian of the People, and if there is any reason Biden is a security problem, whether he is mentally or physically unfit or he is suspected of pay-for-play --- congress (as they did twice with Trump) have the authority, and responsibility to bring him up on impeachment.

The DOJ has the responsibility to investigate as well, be it is Congress that needs to do a speedy investigation, and they need the DOJ, and FBI to cooperate fully to ascertain if they need to remove Biden from office.

It is clear Biden can not be charged with a crime, and this need not be considered. If Congress ascertains pay-for-play Biden needs to be quickly impeached. Congress has every right to see all documents and ascertain if Biden was up to selling information to foreign entities.

This is what I expect from Congress -- they need to do their job, and quickly. There is no need to keep the documents from Congress. They need them to do their duty to "We The People".

I feel like I live in the twilight zone -- My God this has become so disgusting. We have a man sitting in the White House that could be very much compromised.

He could be a security risk to the Nation --- Congress needs every document to ascertain if Biden is for sale or if he previously was for sale.

Yes, Congress need to see the documents. But has it been BU?

21. Miebakagh57 profile image67
        Miebakagh57posted 15 months ago

What should be the consequent of all this?

Please read my above comment. It covers your thought.

22. Sharlee01 profile image84

Obama, Clinton offices say all classified documents went to National Archives
        The Clinton and Obama offices say that they sent all classified materials to the National Archives and Records Administration...

Refreshing...

23. Sharlee01 profile image84

Finally, Congress doing its job ---   Bipartisan concern over Biden, and Trump's document stashes are raising over the nation's security.
        https://hubstatic.com/16342305.jpg
        Senator Warner  --
        "Our committee got those briefings, in certain cases because we had the trust of the intelligence community -- had access to even raw intelligence -- but it was handled appropriately," he said. "Our goal is to make sure that we make that intelligence assessment of whether our nation's security has been compromised."

Senators on intel committee demand to see Biden and Trump docs, in rare bipartisan outrage
        The lawmakers accused the administration of "stonewalling" them.

"Members of the Senate Intelligence Committee emerged outraged from a two-hour secure briefing with Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Avril Haines, threatening to grind the chamber's business to a halt if the Biden administration does not provide access to the classified documents seized from the current president and former President Donald Trump.

Senators in both parties have claimed the administration is refusing to let them see the materials, even blocking lawmakers with the highest security clearance, like Senate Intelligence Committee members, while the special counsel probes are ongoing over how Biden and Trump handled the classified records while out of office.

"I'm very disappointed with the lack of detail and a timeline on when we're going to get a briefing, not on anything dealing with criminality -- that's an appropriate Department of Justice responsibility -- but it is our responsibility to make sure that we, in our role as intelligence oversight, know if there's been any intelligence compromise," Chairman Mark Warner, D-Va, said in a rare rebuke of the administration.

"Every member of the committee, regardless of Democrat or Republican, [was] unanimous in that this position that we are left in ... until somehow a special counsel designates that it's OK for us to get briefed is not going to stand," Warner said. "And all things will be on the table to make sure that doesn't happen," he warned.

MORE: POLL: Most Americans think both Biden and Trump inappropriately handled classified documents
        The bipartisan outrage could paralyze the work of the Senate, should senators make good on their threats in a chamber where it takes the unanimous agreement of every member to move onto bills, take up nominees and more.

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., a panel member, echoed Warner's threat and took it a step further: He said he is prepared to block nominees, withhold funding for government programs and "take every step I can" to impose consequences on the administration until the classified documents are provided.

"Until the administration stops stonewalling Congress, there will be pain as a consequence," Cotton said.

A spokesperson for the White House counsel's office referred a request for comment on this criticism to the Department or Justice or the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Neither office for the special counsels investigating Biden and Trump immediately responded to requests for comment."

Interested? Read more ---  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senator … d=96675201

Let the department of Justice and the special counsel do their work. The last thing we need  is our partisan, ill-educated, self-serving hacks to get their greasy hands in their hoping to find some gold that will pay off for themselves.  The individuals that have been appointed to special counsel are imminently more qualified then anyone on any house  committee.  As a nation, we should be embarrassed of the many mentally ill-equipped fools we've elected.  The special counsels aren't pandering to a base for their own benefit.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Good advice.

GA

Not really sure about the education that the various congressmen and congresswomen have. However, I do know it is part of their job to have oversite on the president in regard to incompetence or possible problems with him being suitable to do his job.

I take the taking of these documents very seriously.   The special consoles although yes qualified,  can take many years.   In my view, when there is a concern that our nation's security is compromised, the investigation should be swift. 

Ask yourself,  can we afford to leave a president in office that could be compromised in any respect?   Congress is responsible to remove a president if he has done something unacceptable that puts our national security in danger.

The DOJ has no authority to remove the president nor does the FBI. Congress does... They are given this right under the Constitution.

It may be perfectly true that special counsels are bipartisan, and will not pander to a base to benefit themselves. I would hope, if Biden is compromised in any respect, he is removed with good speed. 

The Judicial committee has a responsibility to safeguard the country and part of its responsibility is to impeach high officials,  including the president If they deem it necessary.

In our government's system each state votes, and sends representatives to  Washington to sit in Congress. Perhaps some are not up to what we might feel they should be in regard to education.  However, it appears "we the people"  don't have the stomach to make a change. We talk a good game, but our society does little to bring about change when it comes to changing our Constitution. This could be because the majority prefer to respect it.

So, are you ready to do something about our current Government system? Or at best demand, that Congress do what they were hired to do?

I feel that these committees should wait for the results of the special counsel investigations and recommendations of the Department of Justice.  In my view, it's a mistake to let politicians fumble around active investigations.     In terms of the documents scandal and president Biden, the house could certainly decide to take up impeachment upon the results of the special counsel's investigation. But what of the outcome?  Even if it got through the house there would be an acquittal in the Senate. Pure politics.  Just like the Trump impeachment. 
              As far as National security being compromised, Mr Pence's documents are obviously far more recent than anything President Biden had in his possession.  The documents that he possessed could be very relevant to current issues. We could obviously say the same of the documents found in Mr Trump's possession.  Nevertheless, I will await the results of the special counsel investigations and I will assume that there will be one appointed to Mr Pence also.  Other than that, the rhetoric going back and forth between politicians is meaningless as they are not informed. 
              "We the people" would be more apt to make  changes if we switched up our media more often and got "the rest of the story" versus the little bits one side wants to play up.  Just my two  cents.

My point, Biden has two more years in office. If he poses a threat to our security, Congress needs to act quickly.  I don't agree with regard to an automatic acquittal. I am sure you are aware we have many Democratic representatives speaking up about the urgency of seeing the documents

In regard to Pence and Trump's documents. The committee have made ot clear they want those documents too. Which is what they should be doing.

I don't consider this political rhetoric, I look at it as three prominent officials who did not follow the law, and they are not above the law. and we the people should not be so casual to shrug it off as an "oh well"...

Perhaps this should go to show many cares little about our laws, and feel some are or maybe even should be above the law.

"The rest of the story"?  What more do you need? We have three men that took documents, two of them that had absolutely no right to remove documents from the White House under any circumstance but a presidential order. These are the facts we are left with --   At this point Pence or Biden have not given any logical reason for taking documents they were not allowed to take, we have no idea what documents they took illegally, we have no idea why they took them. 

These men are not above the law. They need to be put under oath and questioned if need be in a court of impeachment. I

All we hear from them is "we are cooperating"... Who the hell cares!  They broke the law, period. 

This is so ridiculous it is hard to comprehend.

We took some documents and broke the law, but we are giving them back... That is laughable.   It's like we killed someone, but we sent flowers. Or we robbed a store but sent a thank you card.

There is no rest of the story, these men broke the law, what more of the story are you looking for? 

And for the Biden documents, his stash should be the first to be looked at. This could work to assure us the people that he is safe to leave in the White House or that he needs to be removed.

You seem to be giving Biden the benefit of the doubt. Not sure this is the president do to he is the president of the United States.

Can't even comprehend where you are coming from. You do realize there is a possibility our national security could be at risk.

Yes, we certainly have three men that were in possession of classified documents when they shouldn't have been. First and foremost the archives really needs to clean up its procedures to keep track of and recall all outstanding documents.
                  I'm not sure any of these men would be prosecuted solely on the fact they were in possession of the documents.  I think that there would have to be more to it, such as obstruction. Did any of these men understand that they had these documents and willfully withheld them?   Would any of these men be prosecuted if the mishandling of documents was viewed accidental? It looks like they could be but probably wouldn't be.
                  Factors that have guided prosecution in previous cases include intentional and willful mishandling of classified information, vast quantities of classified information exposed to support an inference of intentional misconduct, disloyalty to the U.S., and obstruction of an investigation, per the FBI.  It seems as though an accidental mishandling has never been prosecuted.
                  In terms of national risk I'm aware that assessments have been or are being made to gauge those risks in terms of the three involved.
                  When I say the rest of the story all I mean is that I look for a complete picture rather than the little bits and pieces that media present to there target audience.  There a few media outlets that provide a complete story.
                  I think all we can do now is trust that the skilled investigators are doing their job and will present their findings in a timely manner.  The DOJ will then have some decisions to make and I suppose Congress could make some decisions on their own also. I do not think that they are equipped to do a better job than the special counsels though. I like the idea that it is out of the hands of petty partisan hacks.   I think of a lot of us would like things to happen instantaneously but government sure doesn't work that way.  It would seem that all three men will be subject to the same process.

I don't think any of the three will be prosecuted. My concern is Biden, he is sitting in the White House presently. I trust that the FBI and DOJ have had over two years to ascertain if Trump did anything overt with the documents he had. And now we have a special council also investigating the Trump stash, that will drag on for many more years.

I have pointed out the fact that Biden is currently our president, and most certainly could be a security risk, and that it is Congress's job to quickly ascertain if he is.

" I like the idea that it is out of the hands of petty partisan hacks. "

Again Congress has put forth a bipartisan request to see all documents that have been retrieved from Trump, Biden, and Pence.

This in my view is a very serious matter. The president could be compromised, a threat to National security.

Congress has stated they want all documents from all three men. Congress has every right to see the documents, and ascertain why he had them, and if he is a security risk.

As a citizen, I will hold them responsible to do a quick assessment of what Biden had, and if the documents posed any risks to the nation.

Doesn't it stand to reason that the documents Mr Trump held on to could pose much more of a security risk? They're much more recent and could possibly be of value to Russia or China or who knows where else.  None of them will be brought up on charges if they can show the mishandling of documents was accidental and that they did not try to obstruct their return. 
                      I think Mr Trump situation is a bit more complex.
                      I like the timeline the following writers have put together.
                      https://www.justsecurity.org/83034/trac … documents/

As I stated Congress wants the Trump stash too, as well as Pence's documents. I might also remind you the DOJ has had the Trump documents for some time now, and yes he could have and could be a security threat due to the documents he had, as well could Pence. I personally am not interested in Trump's case at this point, the DOJ would hang Trump for littering if they could.  He is not president at this point and could be very much compromised. This is all about Biden, and deflecting to Trump won't change what Biden has done. He took and kept documents for many many years. His crime is much different than Trump's.  It seems odd that one even compares the two, but I realize many are comparing the two.

They are not the president at this point, and they did not have their hands on documents for many many years as Biden did.

I am simply stating that Congress has every right to be concerned and the right to have the documents to investigate. The request is bipartisan, and in my view, warranted.  We could have a president that is presently compromised and has all the privileges that office allows him. Pence or Trump are removed from any privileges their office provided them.

I have no trust in Biden, he has been implicated in possible crimes with his son. I have no idea if these implications are true, but smoke surrounds the Biden family. I would rather Congress have a look quickly at the documents and clarify if these documents were even anything that could have compromised the nation's security. This is my view, is the prudent route to take.  There should be no question left to chance, and no need to leave any stone unturned.  If there is no there there, this will certainly work to say, our Congress did its job, and we can feel relief having the problem solved.

It seems some forget, the representative in government work for us. We have a right to clear transparency in such a matter.

I fully expect that Congress will get the documents. They are hell-bent on getting them.

peoplepower73posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee:  The purpose of classifying documents and and associated materials is to prevent a security compromise.  Having congress review said documents can in itself cause a security compromise, especially those that are classified as SCIF. 

They are only supposed to be accessed in a highly secure area that complies with the SCIF procedures and protocol.

As I said before, the standing order is a need to know. According to security protocols, if you don't have a need to know, than you don't get access to the information, even if you are the current president or former president.

The current congress for both the house and senate is dysfunctional and are looking for ways to attack the other side. These documents are just the ammunition that both sides need to attack the other side.

There needs to be disinterested third party who doesn't have a vested interest in the game. I would imagine the ones closest to that would be the DOJ working in conjunction with the National Archive folks.

You are saying we should look the other way from Trump because he is no longer president.  However, when it comes to security compromises, he is the one who knowingly has taken SCIF documents. The world has seen photos of those documents laying in disarray on the floor at his house. 

The DOJ has appointed Jack Smith as special counsel to investigate Trump's handling of the documents.  I believe the DOJ should do the same thing with Biden and Pence and any others they find who could have potentially created security compromises.

Here is how a SCIF works.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/engin … l/scif.htm

All of what you have shared makes a good amount of common sense. I think you know, I have never trusted Biden, it's no secret.  I laid out my case before he was elected.  So, my bias is clear.   But, I will say, I respect your view, and it is very much a view that many would support.

The problem I see in regard to Biden possibly being compromised by these documents --   the oversite committee is currently investigating the Biden family for corruption.  This fact promotes me to feel that a speedy Congressional investigation is needed into the Bidens document issue.  We have a  bipartisan group in Congress that has said they will pursue the problem. They can ascertain if there are any problems that would point to our president being compromised.  That would certainly unravel this mess very quickly. Too many questions are not being answered, which yes, could possibly deactivate the alarm that has gone out to the public. 

It is no secret that many Democrats in Congress are in agreement with their counterpart Republicans regarding the need to have the right to see the documents Biden had in his possession, as well as the Pence and Trump documents.  I feel we now have a president that could be compromised.  (note word could)   If he is not, it will be quickly discovered.  This is too serious to just play a "wait and see approach"

"Summary
                        Chairman James Comer and Oversight Committee Republicans are investigating the Biden family’s domestic and international business dealings to determine whether these activities compromise U.S. national security and President Biden’s ability to lead with impartiality. Members of the Biden family have a pattern of peddling access to the highest levels of government to enrich themselves, often to the detriment of U.S. interests. We are committed to following the Biden family and associates’ money trail—consisting of many complex, international transactions worth millions of dollars—and providing answers to the American people. The American people deserve to know whether the President’s connections to his family’s business deals occurred at the expense of American interests and whether they represent a national security threat.

Evidence obtained by Committee Republicans reveals Joe Biden lied to the American people about his involvement in his family’s business schemes. The Biden family business model is built on Joe Biden’s political career and connections with Joe Biden as the ‘chairman of the board.’ Biden family members sold access for profit around the world to the detriment of American interests. If President Biden is compromised by deals with foreign adversaries and they are impacting his decision-making, this is a threat to national security. The American people deserve transparency and accountability about the Biden family’s influence peddling. With the new Republican majority, Oversight Committee Republicans will continue pressing for answers to inform legislative solutions to prevent this abuse of power."

-CHAIRMAN JAMES COMER
                        This source gives an ongoing scenario of what is being investigated. It is very informative in regards to the ongoing investigation
                        https://oversight.house.gov/landing/bid … stigation/

It certainly gives one pause and adds to my concern that Biden very well may have been, and could still be compromised.

The Oversite committee certainly has presented a compelling case thus far on the Biden family. 

For me, I want answers, just not comfortable with Biden's lack of explanation for this issue. He is the president --- in the end he answers to "we the people".

Biden's silent treatment on this subject does not bode well with me.  He could set the record straight very simply.

Watergate seems to be a case in point. Do American Congress now had the calibre of law makers that challenged  Richard Nixon?

My view ---  We don't have the caliber of lawmakers or the Citizens we had at that point in our history. We have a grifter for president, a Congress that will not do their job, and a people that don't think clearly any longer.

If Congress would do its job, in this case in a speedy manner, we would not have the confusion around this mess.  Let's face it, the documents need to be looked at, and if Biden has compromised the Nation, he needs to be brought up for impeachment. If he has not, the media needs to move on to the next garbage.

THs entire mess needs to be made as transparent as possible. This is the only way to stop the lawbreakers in Government.  Biden had no right to take documents, and he is not above the law.

If we want to look the other way, let's just get rid of the laws we feel these politicians need not follow.

Make them above the law. It would seem many feel they are anyway.

These days it's rare for politicians to use common sense.                                    Certainly, most have sold they better judgement to a third party. Is it any wonder that this must not be gored? When kettle is black, who say it's white? And then who call white yellow, spreading more confusion?                                     Politician loves that in the public eyes.

"When kettle is black, who say it's white? And then who call white yellow, spreading more confusion?"   

This is the specialty of our politicians these days.  We have a congresswoman who casts doubt on the fact that an airplane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11.     They create their own reality and people happily follow them.

When all the world knows that S

24. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

" I am not up for Biden being left in the White House if he is compromised." No president should. BTW: Did you support either of Trump's impeachments? I'm guessing: NO.

My back with another Trump remark... . One would think you could move on from Trump, I mean the years are passing by, and still, you seem very much obsessed.   In fact, it is rarely you don't bring him up in your comments. 

However, I always answer questions, and never divert --- Just straight up my truth.

I did not support either of the Trump impeachment, and I gave my reasons --- oh so long ago.  LOL

We have a new president now.  I hope Congress as well as DOJ does a good investigation into Biden keeping documents.

It's my hope that we get answers to whether he compromises our security.  So, let me repeat ---   and please note the full context of my words.

I am not up for Biden being left in the White House if he is compromised.

To add more context ---  If the investigations prove he is compromised, I want him impeached immediately. Like speedy fast, like yesterday...  Clear?

25. Fayetteville Faye profile image59
        Fayetteville Fayeposted 15 months ago

"perspective." What a nice word.  It does not apply here due to pure hypocrisy.   In fact, this article seems to be pure blind hypocrisy.

In both Trump impeachment, Congress was given all forms of information to do their investigations.

It would seem that now that it is the democratic president we need to change up not only the rules but the sloppy feed that is being served up.

You don't see the hypocrisy here?  Did you follow Trump's several impeachments?

Congress has the right to see the classified document, they all have clearance. It is insulting to them to presume they would not handle the investigation with respect to national security. Congress is still the very voice and arm of the people last I looked. 

Many may have forgotten the leaks that we witnessed thorough out the Trump impeachment.

Guess it's sort of a problem with the shoe on the other foot.

This hypocrisy is sickening.  If you replace the name Trump in all of this, He would have already been impeached.

Faye, why so hesitant to let Congress see these documents in a controlled environment?

To me, this is a very serious problem, leaving a president in control while there is even a small chance he is compromised.

peoplepower73posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee: You wrote this:

"Congress has the right to see the classified document, they all have clearance. It is insulting to them to presume they would not handle the investigation with respect to national security. Congress is still the very voice and arm of the people last I looked."

In accordance with Executive Order12333,  Members of Congress are not required to have security clearances. The Executive Branch, through E.O. 12333 as amended has chosen to control dissemination of information to only those with the need-to-know.

Again, it is my mantra which I learned while handling classified material. I don't care what kind of clearance you have, you are only granted access to classified information and materials if you can prove you have a need to know.  It makes sense, that given the state of the current congress, someone with ulterior motives could cause a security compromise, whether it be intentional or inadvertently.

This is from Wikipedia about congressional oversight

Secrecy
            Members of Congress are not required to have security clearances.[33] The Executive Branch, through E.O. 12333 as amended[34] has chosen to control dissemination of information to only those with the need-to-know.

Because Members of Congress were elected to office, they do not have to submit to the background check procedures (Congressional Staff on the other hand must submit to background checks to handle classified materials).[35] The House and the Senate limit dissemination of intelligence to members who are on the Intelligence Committees and many of their hearings are closed.[1] Usually, the main concern is leaks of classified information. However, some argue that openness is a tenet of democracy and therefore operations and information must be openly available to the public. There are also concerns about whether Congress would be willing to make public alarming information.[1] Subject to the law, the President of the United States may control the type and amount of classified information shared with Congress.

Another secrecy issue is the intelligence budget. The Constitution in Article 1, Section 9, paragraph 7, requires accounts of all public money be published "from time to time." Many Administrations have argued using the vagueness of the statement, that disclosing intelligence budget figures would harm National Security.

26. Miebakagh57 profile image67
        Miebakagh57posted 15 months ago

Should they wait or rather delay things until  Biden term is ovor?                                This sounds very odd and absurd compared to what is done to Trump.                         Never in the history of American politics had a president so troubled as Trump though.

It would make sense for the Democratic party to drag out a prolonged DOJ / Special counsel investigation to keep the embarrassment of impeachment with Biden. Although, If he is compromised in any respect it could be just as embarrassing to leave him in office, and in the end have the problem that reflects we left a compromised president in place.

I feel Biden is well-controlled by those around him. But this certainly could look poorly for America to leave a very compromised man in the White House.

In my view, If this were Trump instead of Boden, we already would have been in impeachment proceedings.

This is the state of America, it is floundering, and we are seeing it blow in the wind unattended.  And one can blame the people as well as the politicians.

God save America!

27. Sharlee01 profile image84

It would appear the DOJ is willing to work with the Oversite committee while the several investigations proceed.

DOJ 'actively working' to brief senators on Biden and Trump classified documents

January 29, 2023, 5:40 PM
        "WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has told the Senate Intelligence Committee it is “actively working” to brief lawmakers about the potential risks to national security after classified documents were discovered in President Joe Biden’s and former President Donald Trump’s possession, according to a letter shared by a source familiar with the matter.

In the letter, which was sent Saturday to Sens. Mark Warner, D-Va., and Marco Rubio, R-Fla., the chair and vice chair of the committee, Assistant Attorney General Carlos Uriarte wrote: “We are working with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to support the provision of information that will satisfy the Committee’s responsibilities without harming the ongoing Special Counsel investigations.

“Although one of the Special Counsels was appointed only on January 12, prosecutors on both matters are actively working to enable sharing information with the Committee,” Uriarte added, referring to the two special counsels appointed to oversee separate probes of the Biden and Trump documents cases."

"In a joint appearance Sunday on CBS News’ “Face the Nation,” Warner and Rubio called for immediate document oversight.

“We are united in we have to find a way to do our job. That means we need these documents,” Warner said. “We’re not interested in the timeline, the ticktock, the who-got-what, who-did-that.”

https://www.aol.com/news/doj-actively-w … 16645.html

Let the spin begin

I will agree the media spin will begin.  Hopefully, Congress does a quick investigation of the documents and can share what they found. You know, there may be nothing to indicate Biden was or is compromised.

This would be the best outcome for the Nation. In the end, Congress needs to be our eyes and ears.  My feelings are better safe than sorry.

I hope Congress will not capitalize on this issue. Just do their job. I as a rule go in trusting our government officials and come out disappointed.

More so in recent decades than ever.

So the history that is made continues?

28. Sharlee01 profile image84

Jan 30  2023    Former Twitter executives to testify before House Oversight Committee on Biden laptop
        The executives will testify regarding the censorship of Hunter Biden's laptop

Three former Twitter executives will appear before the House Oversight Committee for testimony on February 8, Fox News has learned.

The three former executives, who have yet to be named, will testify regarding the company's decision to censor the New York Post's article on Hunter Biden's laptop in the weeks before the 2020 election.

The hearing will be the first major session for the Oversight Committee under chairman James Comer, R-Ky., who has engaged in multiple investigations of the Biden family. The committee is also seeking answers regarding the classified documents found inside President Biden's Wilmington, Delaware home.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former … den-laptop

29. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

" you seem very much obsessed"  Just believe in holding people to the standards they have set for themselves.

You need to learn how to post --- Just add your reply to the comment you are responding to. I had to go back to the pages to see what you were responding to.

KATHLEEN COCHRAN WROTE:
          " you seem very much obsessed"  Just believe in holding people to the standards they have set for themselves."

First, maybe ascertain the subject of this thread --- It's all about Biden, and his current document issue.  And perhaps you better have a long look at this issue, and how it most certainly could (note word could)  reflect at the end on Biden's lack of standards.

So my question --   do you hold Biden to standards? At All

I guess I just find it somewhat of an enigma that some can hold onto all that was Trump, in light of the clear problems Biden has caused the Country, and the fact that he now is under investigation for mishandling classified documents, and the business dealing with his son, and actually other members of his family.

Secondly,  Pardon me for noting the correlations that have led back to the Democrat's complaints about Trump.   In my view --- sorry, your attitude shows such hypocrisy.   So, take your high standards bit to someone that won't toss it right back at you.

30. Sharlee01 profile image84

Lies Lies And More Lies!     

FBI searched Penn Biden Center in mid-November, soon after classified docs were discovered, sources say  ---  FBI search followed the discovery of classified documents in Biden's offices at Penn Biden Center

"FBI agents searched the Penn Biden Center offices in mid-November, sources confirmed to Fox News, after President Biden's personal attorneys discovered a handful of documents with classified markings there on Nov. 2. The documents were dated to Biden's time as vice president in the Obama administration.

The number of agents involved in the search is unclear, but the president's team was fully aware and gave their consent to the FBI action, sources familiar with the investigation into Biden's handling of classified materials said.     There was no search warrant involved, and it is unclear whether any additional documents were taken. "

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-se … ources-say

Who blows the whistle that prompts the search? A leftist Dem?

Great question. Here is what I have found out on that subject. No Jan 12 2023 Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Delivers Remarks --- I quote  AG Garland, his statement clearly answers your question.

"On the evening of November 4, 2022, the National Archives Office of Inspector General contacted a prosecutor at the Department of Justice. It informed him that the White House [Counsel] had notified the Archives that documents bearing classification markings were identified at the office of the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, located in Washington, D.C. That office was not authorized for storage of classified documents. The prosecutor was also advised that those documents had been secured in an Archives facility." Source Transcript Of Garland statement.  https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/atto … -counsel-0

We now today find out that the FBI also searched the Penn Biden
            Center in "Mid-November". It is being reported the FBI did not have or need a search warrant.

31. Sharlee01 profile image84

Today's breaking news ---  Biden lawyer: FBI searching Biden's Rehoboth Beach, home.

Sorry, it's been three months since the time the FBI searched the Bdenes Penn Center office. This is shaping up to show Biden's document issue has been handled differently than Trump's issue.  In my view, the FBI has been compromised once again. Three freaken months later they search his beach house!

I for one am sick of hearing Biden cooperated! He hid it for three months from the American public, and the FBI, DOJalso his it. Period!

1. IslandBites profile image89
          IslandBitesposted 15 months agoin reply to this

This is shaping up to show Biden's document issue has been handled differently than Trump's issue.

You're right.

The FBI waited too long to search Mar-a-Lago. More than a year asking Trump for the documents and he still had hundreds of documents when they executed the warrant? Too much time and opportunities. You're right. They should have search other Trump properties too.

That would be your view... Thanks for sharing it. Here is some o the information from the Archives that helped me form my view that Trump appeared to be working with the archives to return documents he had taken. I truly feel Boden's Document issue is being handled differently than the Trump document issue.  I just considered what the Archives presented, and how Trump cooperated in getting the documents back to the archives as they requested.  He never denied them access to his home, he sent the requested boxes. It would have been more beneficial if the FBI took all the boxes on their first visit.

Please let me add some factual information in regard to how Trump and his attorney handled the document issue. Starting with the archives. I just think it is best to look at facts put out by the Archives. They put out a press statement, but not many seem to have read them. These statements go a long way to providing the truth.  Here are the statements, as well as the link to the statements., but facts.  Please read the statements that NARA offers...

"February 8, 2022, statement
            Throughout the course of the last year, NARA obtained the COOPERATION of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration. When a representative informed NARA in DECEMBER 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property.

February 7, 2022, statement
            In mid-January 2022, NARA arranged for the transport from the Trump Mar-a-Lago property in Florida to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021. Former President Trump’s representatives have informed NARA that they are continuing to search for additional Presidential records that belong to the National Archives.

As required by the Presidential Records Act (PRA), these records should have been transferred to NARA from the White House at the end of the Trump Administration in January 2021.

“The Presidential Records Act mandates that all Presidential records must be properly preserved by each Administration so that a complete set of Presidential records is transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Administration,” said Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero. “NARA pursues the return of records whenever we learn that records have been improperly removed or have not been appropriately transferred to official accounts.”   

Ferriero further stressed the importance of adherence to the PRA by all Presidents.

“The Presidential Records Act is critical to our democracy, in which the government is held accountable by the people,” Ferriero said. “Whether through the creation of adequate and proper documentation, sound records management practices, the preservation of records, or the timely transfer of them to the National Archives at the end of an Administration, there should be no question as to need for both diligence and vigilance. Records matter.”

January 31, 2022, statement
            Some of the Trump presidential records received by the National Archives and Records Administration included paper records that had been torn up by former President Trump. As has been reported in the press since 2018, White House records management officials during the Trump Administration recovered and taped together some of the torn-up records. These were turned over to the National Archives at the end of the Trump Administration, along with a number of torn-up records that had not been reconstructed by the White House. The Presidential Records Act requires that all records created by presidents be turned over to the National Archives at the end of their administrations."
            https://www.archives.gov/press/press-re … -statement

For press, information contact the National Archives Public and Media Communications Staff via email at public.affairs@nara.gov.

I think it is clear Trump was cooperating with the Archives..

Yes, Trump did let FBI and DOJ agents in his home on June 3, 2022. without the need for a  search warrant.

JUNE 3, 2022
            Three FBI agents and a DOJ attorney went to Mar-a-Lago to collect additional material offered by a Trump attorney in response to the subpoena. They were given “a single Redweld envelope, double-wrapped in tape, containing the documents,” according to an Aug. 30 filing.

That envelope, it was later found, contained 38 documents with classification markings, including five documents marked confidential, 16 marked secret and 17 marked top secret.

During the visit, the filing said, “Counsel for the former President offered no explanation as to why boxes of government records, including 38 documents with classification markings, remained at the Premises nearly five months after the production of the Fifteen Boxes and nearly one-and-a-half years after the end of the Administration.”

Trump’s lawyers also told investigators that all of the records that had come from the White House were stored in one location — a Mar-a-Lago storage room. Investigators were permitted to visit the room, but were “explicitly prohibited” from opening or looking inside any of the boxes, they reported, “giving no opportunity for the government to confirm that no documents with classification markings remained.”

The Justice Department was also given a signed certification letter stating that a “diligent search” had been completed and that no documents remained."

JUNE 8, 2022

The Justice Department sent a letter to Trump’s lawyer requesting that the storage room be secured, and that “all of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago (along with any other items in that room) be preserved in that room in their current condition until farther notice.”

Trump complied with a better type of lock on the door.

"AUG. 5, 2022

The Justice Department filed an application for a search and seizure warrant of Mar-a-Lago, citing “probable cause” that additional presidential records and records containing classified information remained in various parts of the club.

“There is also probable cause to believe that evidence of obstruction” would be found, read the heavily-redacted copy of the affidavit laying out the FBI’s rationale for the search.

The Justice Department also revealed in the Aug. 30 filing that it had found evidence “that government records were likely concealed and removed from the Storage Room and that efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation.”

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart in South Florida approved the application that same day.

AUG. 8, 2022

The FBI executed the search at Mar-a-Lago, seizing 36 items of evidence, including boxes and containers holding more than 100 classified records, an order pardoning Trump ally Roger Stone and information about the “President of France.”

Agents found classified documents both in the storage room as well as in the former president’s office — including three classified documents found not in boxes, but in office desks.

They included items so sensitive that, “In some instances, even the FBI counterintelligence personnel and DOJ attorneys conducting the review required additional clearances before they were permitted to review certain documents.”

I already had that info. But you just proved my point, so thank you.

What point? I shared my view, as you did.  I was polite enough to share how I came to form my view. You, your typical silly snark. 

"The FBI waited too long to search Mar-a-Lago. More than a year asking Trump for the documents and he still had hundreds of documents when they executed the warrant? Too much time and opportunities. You're right. They should have search other Trump properties too."

My comment clearly shows a timeline, and that the FBI and DOJ visited the Trump home before they raided the home.  . They could have taken all boxes at that time. Every box ---   Perhaps you missed the date that the FBI and DOJ agents visited Trump's home,  and the fact they did not need a warrant, Trump accommodated the FBI and DOJ agents. They then seem to think they needed to do a raid.

It is very possible the FBI was very lacked in not searching Trump's other homes.  I am no cheerleader for the FBI. I think they have been weaponized, and are clearly political.  Take your complaint up with them... LOL

As I said, you have your view, I have mine.

My comment clearly shows a timeline, and that the FBI and DOJ visited the Trump home before they raided the home.  . They could have taken all boxes at that time. Every box ---   Perhaps you missed the date that the FBI and DOJ agents visited Trump's home,  and the fact they did not need a warrant, Trump accommodated the FBI and DOJ agents. They then seem to think they needed to do a raid.

The date? So, 4 months since the FBI opened the investigation? And more than a year since NARA asked for all the documents. Like I said, they waited too long.

Also, That's not how it works. If you read your own quote, you'd know that:

I can see where you are coming from...  Here is the quote I based my view on in regard that Trump was cooperating with NARA for the year you speak of.

"February 8, 2022, statement
                    Throughout the course of the LAST year, NARA obtained the COOPERATION of Trump representatives to locate Presidential records that had not been transferred to the National Archives at the end of the Trump administration.

When a representative informed NARA in DECEMBER 2021 that they had located some records, NARA arranged for them to be securely transported to Washington. NARA officials did not visit or "raid" the Mar-a-Lago property."

(it appears that in Dec 2021 Trump representatives notified NARA they had located documents. It would appear Trump's team were going through the boxes and reported their find.

However in June Documents were removed
                    "June 3, 2022   June 3, 2022

A Trump representative, whose name is redacted in the Justice Department filing, asserts that "a diligent search" was conducted for documents at Mar-a-Lago removed from the White House and that "any and all responsive documents accompany this certification."

A Trump representative, whose name is redacted in the Justice Department filing, asserts that "a diligent search" was conducted for documents at Mar-a-Lago removed from the White House and that "any and all responsive documents accompany this certification."

I also found information that indicated that during the June search, that is what occurred.

"June 2: Corcoran reaches out to the Justice Department and requests FBI agents retrieve the documents that are responsive to the May 11 subpoena from Mar-a-Lago.

June 3: Three FBI agents and Bratt, the Justice Department counterintelligence chief, travel to Mar-a-Lago to retrieve the materials in response to the subpoena, and try to find a resolution to the Archives' dispute with the former president.

Trump's attorney and custodian of records are present and turn over one large envelope, "double-wrapped in tape," that contains documents. Neither asserts that Trump declassified the records or asserted claims of executive privilege, federal prosecutors said in a filing detailing the encounter.

The custodian of records for Trump's post-presidential office signs a certification attesting that a "diligent search" was conducted of boxes moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago to locate documents covered by the grand jury subpoena and that "any and all responsive documents" were provided with the certification. "
                    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-sear … epartment/

Yes, It seems too much time had passed. However, It did appear there was some cooperation going on between Trump's reps and NARA.

I have also read letters from Trump's Attorney asking for more time before the problem is reported to the DOJ. 

My point was just to show information that showed cooperation between Trump and NARA. And that the FBI and DOJ agents did go to Trump's home, and had complete access to the boxes in his home. They could have taken them, all of them.

I also agreed it would have been prudent to search Trump's other home.
                    This would have been up to the FBI.   

I have no argument with your thoughts, I just had hoped to share some of my own. 

If we look logically at the problem,  We can blame the FBI for not searching Trump's other homes.

That's why I think all the bad-mouthing of the Dem and they support base are given over to pinnochio.

I will say that some Democratic supporters are very hard to comprehend and some are hard to have any form of civil conversation with.  One can bend over backward to make an attempt to be polite, and try to show respect for their views.   I find some have no room to respect other views in my opinion.

Some seem quick to become angry and seem to feel justified to insult one personally.

Politics is a game above party and personal level.                                   It's sole aim is to serve 'we the people'. In Democratic or ancient Greece, where Aristotle or Plato republic politics emerged and is well defined, it serves the 'gods', the people and the dynamic society.                                In Plato's Politics, the two sides of the coin should be merged to prevent anarchy. I noted the classics that happened during the pandemic in the UK. All political parties and their leaders rally round Boris Johnson, to beat the pandemic down. Abraham Licolm's 'with malice towards none and charity for all', comes to mind here. I hope the present generation copy it.

Wise words...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)