Has The Right Gone To Far?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. steve8miller profile image66
    steve8millerposted 13 years ago

What do you think. This Sherry Sherrod stuff where FOX throws her out to dry. Screams fire her fire her. Then the next day rails on Obama and the administration about reacting to fast. Sick but humorous of FOX and the right. Not to mention the Obama has a plan for "white slavery" according to some factions of the tea party? I am sickened by the right, please comment.

1. profile image57
      stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Reich is more accurate. They're terminally saboteurs, cowards, and liars.

The Republican Party authored many ideas Obama picked up on and tried to implement.  Of course, the Rethugs reversed their stance.  They've destroyed America and have done their best to block any change {with few exceptions} to make the economy pick up again and deal with the bills the 'Drunken Sailors' generated and clean up the mess they made during the 'W' administration.

They're going to ensure failure, as the 60 votes aren't there, then blame Obama for not getting anything accomplished.

The established Republican track record during the 'W' administration, and prior, has been to destabilize the US and put it on track to a 3rd world nation.  The country is well on its way.

Republican efforts have all been to turn the US into a 'Haiti.'  Infrastructure destroyed, education decimated, environment polluted almost beyond measure, finances bankrupted, and people turned into serfs.

They're the problem, not the solution.  It isn't a case about political party.  Its about the stability and effectiveness of the country as a whole.

In the main, they've been working in lockstep to the detriment of the country while presenting themselves as a solution to the problems they've generated in the first place!

The reich has gone well beyond the bend, through the woods, down the rabbit hole and are doing the Red Queen.

Their actions come down to violations of oath of office {demos are guilty of this too} as well as the high crimes and misdemeanors which should be acted on as impeachable actions.

Unfortunately, Obama has given the whole Bush administration a pass on all their crimes rather than taking them to task.  The demos are spineless.

Such plays into their hands and they're aware they can do *anything* and not take responsibility for it.

The actions of both parties are despicable, but the Reich is light years moreso.

Quit playing your damn games and do the job you were elected and sworn to do!

Sadly, the USSC has ruled industry can pay any price for a legislator and don't have to disclose it.

The USA has become even more of a rogue nation under 'W.'

The US was a grand experiment which would have worked if not for those who swore to uphold and defend the Constitution have been busy dismantling it from the inside.  Too bad, but that's the way it goes.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way tooooo far! In fact they have become so arrogant that they can actually call their 'follower's ignorant folks who don't understand the Constitution.  -Palin

Even when shown that their "Leaders" think their 'followers' are stupid, their followers agree.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I'm just getting sick of all politicians and the media A$$e$ that pull the strings of the puppets.

I say throw them all out, they are all wasteful corrupted jacka$$es and pathetic.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

"Has the right gone to far?"

Where's "far"?

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nebraska? North Dakota? Somethin' like that.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be really far for me!

4. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Oh wait, that isn't go far, it's fargo, ND. My bad.

Sorry Steve, didn't mean to go flippant on your thread. Yes, the middle to far right has gone absolutely cuckoo, and fully demonstrated their total lack of ethics.

5. JON EWALL profile image60
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

steve8miller

WHAT IS PRESIDENT BARAK OBAMA'S PLAN?'

To turn the economy around?

Get unemployment down to 8% ( like he promised

Weaning America off of foreign oil?

Bringing down the deficit?

Looking forward to a plan????

1. profile image57

Obama is very restricted on what he can do by the party of 'no.'

1. JON EWALL profile image60
        JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stoneyy
        ANOTHER EXCUSE for Obama's inexperience and arrogance. The guy ( president of the united states ) has all the cards and up until Obama had 60 senators and a majority in the house controlled all parts of the government.
        Barak pushed thru Healthcare Reform, Financial Reform and took over the Student Loan program with Congress not even reading the bills or debating the bills before they were voted on and passed . Obama, Reid and Pelosi didn't need not any Republican votes to pass those bills. Wake up and try to get ahead of the propaganda that the Media, President Barak Obama, Reid and Pelosi  are putting out to the public.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image61
          Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Jon

But media manipulation and control of govt was surely the byword under Dubya's reign? Anthing else is chickenfeed.

2. profile image57

You mean Bushs'.  Carry on.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Very eloquently stated, stoneyy.
    I have trouble relating to extremes on either end of the political spectrum. But if I had to choose, I would choose elected officials whose policies do NOT, as you so rightly pointed out, contribute to the USA becoming dumber, dirtier and more degraded.
    Obama cannot turn this ship around all by himself, especially faced with constant berating and obfuscation from the right side of the aisle.
    During the W regime we had Iraq and terrorists to keep our little minds occupied. While we were busy chanting "Support Our Troops!" Bush and Cheney were stealing the country.
    Now we have a president who wants to address our problems head on. Forget that he has inherited a cesspool full of them.
    So what do the Republicans do now? They divert attention away from the real issues (jobs, healthcare, education, environment, homeland security) to micro-issues guaranteed to stir public fervor: Abortion, Second Amendment, gay marriage (still!!!), don't ask, don't tell, Is Shirley Sherrod racist? Is the NAACP racist? Should they build a mosque "at" Ground Zero? Should Obama be criticized for what he did/did not say about that topic? Does he speak in sentences that only law students can understand?
    Publicly, they are the party of "NO." But tactically, they are the party of "We control the conversation."
    Sorry Dems, but we've been losing this battle for a looonnnnng time.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right better be careful, or they'll do a 180

2. profile image57

Thank you for the compliment. The Rethugs have been the 'tail wagging the dog' for a long time.  Sadly, they're the problem not the solution. And the Dems have no backbone.

I've no use for either extreme nor the asinine toddler games that pass as politicking.  My interests lie in; the infrastructure being taken care of, the economy put back on track, and the environment not be turned into a toxic stew.

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Man, you people are right up there on whats happening and whos fault it is, aren't you.  Keep playing this partison game and watch the crap really hit the fan, while you blame the repubs. and they blame you and Obama , your senators and congressmen sell your country to Japan and China , Lining their pockets with the labor lobbyists and wall street kings and queens. Ask yourself this , do you know who your senate and congressmen are even . they wan't you to blame someone else for thier inaction and yu're doing it, grow up!

8. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

“A safe, secure Israel, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the United States and its allies is essential to the continued liberty of our nations,” Brown said. “Our fates have never been more intertwined. May God continue to bless Israel and the United States of America.”

That's my senator. Scott Brown, who I didn't vote for.

god, guns and neo-cons. yech.

My rep is Delahunt, who is retiring..didn't vote for him either.But running for his seat is a friend of Brown...an extreme teatard who was a dirty cop in his former life. Knew a girl was molested and did nothing to help her. In fact, told her parents she did it voluntarily.

Yeah---we know what's going on and it's u g l y.

Get the Repubs O U T!!!!!

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Oh, but lovemychris, Scott Brown is so good looking! Isn't that what we all want in our senators? Good looks? Why, I thought that was the most important thing!
    The candidate challenging my senator (Barbara Boxer) is Carly "Let's ship thousands of HP jobs overseas" Fiorina. Since her famous gaffe "oh -- I didn't know the mike was on when I made that catty, ridiculous comment about Barbara Boxer's hair style" I notice that she is now growing out her crew cut and now looks like a little old man.
    I also notice that she is using the phrase "America is at a Crossroads" a lot. Interestingly enough, I also just read that Mr. Karl Rove himself is on a tour (coming to CA any day now) spouting the very same "America/Crossroads" line.
    Is that the 2010 version of "It's morning again in America?"
    Bleh and double bleh.

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Uh Huh, get the right out huh? it's got to be someone elses fault than who's in control,  I live in Vermont, our legislature is  80 percent dems, but that's the rights fault too. Huh? Come on folks let's do our homework, get them all out.! Lets get off the hate wagon.......

11. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

SORRY.....the hate wagon has been loaded-for-bear for a long time. Against Democrats.

Time to fight back.

Get the Repubs O U T!!!

Privitized world. Not affordable to anyone but the wealthy. No thanks.

And yeah mom...Brown is handsome...so is Perry for that matter.
    One of our local bloggers said Palin and Brown are the Ken and Barbie of the teatards!!

Even though I don't think he's as far out there as Palin, Bachman-Turner-Overdrive and that loon from Nevada (black is an evil color-Fox should be our friend).

But, he's for Big Business over all. No good when you don't have a lot of money. And this country is supposed to be for ALL people.

1. profile image57

Careful, BTO's dating yourself.  wink

Don'cha know that the only folks who qualify as 'people' are the top percenters?

12. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

Odd that nobody has posted that the White House Fired Sherrod BEFORE the whole brouhaha was made public on FNC....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)