jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

HubMob Weekly topic : LGBT Issues

1. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

HubMob Weekly topic : LGBT Issues

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.

2. Alex ONeill profile image61
    Alex ONeillposted 8 years ago

Can I put up a hub I already wrote big_smile?

3. Lissie profile image82
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Lesbian dating sites are a popular topic on the Internet. Lets face it being out and gay has been more acceptable for women than for men ever since Queen Victoria famously refused to make lesbiansim illegal at the same time as homosexuality (the... read more

4. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

On October 7, 1998, a young man named Matthew Shepherd met two men in a Laramie, Wyoming bar. They offered him a ride in their truck and he accepted. Instead, they robbed, beat, and tortured Matthew and left him tied to a fence in below freezing... read more

5. Enelle Lamb profile image84
    Enelle Lambposted 8 years ago

gay performers, LGBT, gay, lesbian. I can remember from an early age, our mother extolling the virtues of an amazing showman and performer by the name of Liberace. Whenever his music graced our television set, clearing the table and doing the... read more

6. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 8 years ago

There are many artists to whom you can apply the adjectives "amazing", "incredible", "always unique" - there are few to whom you can apply those words at one and the same time without being accused of overindulgence in hyperbole. When you apply them to Elton John, all in the same breath, other fans will wait patiently, their faces saying plainly, "Yes...and?...surely you don't mean to stop there?" read more

7. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

Am I gay? Am I straight? No I'm bisexual! Read my story about my journey through sexuality and how I finally realised the truth about my sexual nature. The social stigma & prejudice was coming from the straight and gay camps, my catholic upbringing and society in general. read more

8. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

LGBT issues have always existed in all cultures on the fringes of society. Today the media exposure has brought home these issues into our living rooms. While the west is still accepting and open about these relationships, in India and most of the... read more

9. RooBee profile image76
    RooBeeposted 8 years ago

As most Americans are aware, Proposition 8 was a highly controversial piece of California legislation regarding same-sex marriage. Its aim was to amend the California constitution to read specifically that marriage would only be recognized by the... read more

10. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 8 years ago

Some people just seem to be born knowing who they are. For others, the voyage of self-discovery can be difficult, even dangerous.They can be cast aside by friends and family - they are often ostracized and shunned. How do you, as a gay teen or adult tell those you love, whose acceptance and support you most need, that you are gay? Once the words are said, they can never be unsaid, so they must be chosen carefully. read more

11. Sunny Robinson profile image69
    Sunny Robinsonposted 8 years ago

HubMob is facing a controversial issue this week! Check it out at Hubmob Weekly forum and join in, folks.  The issue of LGBTQ
    has always been something I enjoyed observing.  The broad range of it
    is so diverse that one could never get bored... read more

12. dayzeebee profile image79
    dayzeebeeposted 8 years ago

Beautiful poetry about being gay and happy in life and dealing with issues of homosexuality. read more

13. ethel smith profile image79
    ethel smithposted 8 years ago

The first Gay Pride UK Rally was held way back in July 1972. In some ways we liked to think we were quite liberal at that time but you have to remember that Homosexual acts between consenting adults had been illegal until 1967. The main thinking behind Gay Pride is that people should be proud of who they are, that there is nothing wrong with being different and that our sexuality is something beyond our control. read more

14. Shirley Anderson profile image74
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

This HubMob is about dealing with issues faced by the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) community. Sometimes, the issues create issues. Let's talk about this stuff. read more

15. ripplemaker profile image86
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

My funny encounter with a lesbian. read more

16. Anath profile image77
    Anathposted 8 years ago

For those of you who live in Australia, or for those of you specially travelling to Sydney for the Mardi Gras, I have compiled the most important dates not to be missed if you want to enjoy Sydney's gay and lesbian Mardi Gras. read more