jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

my boyfriend say he cares for me, is this the same as he loves me?

1. profile image46
    sensualposted 7 years ago

my boyfriend say he cares for me, is this the same as he loves me?

2. profile image0
    Georgiana85posted 7 years ago

Hi,
    I don't want to disappoint you but not in my dictionary. If he says he cares for you, give him some time lots of people tend to fall in love with time, don't panic. Think about this you can't say you love someone if you don't care for them so your on the right path.

Peace!

1. Michelle George profile image56
      Michelle Georgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks he told me that it wasnt me is him and that he has to find himself first but at first when we got togfether he did than after a while he got real down and he needed couseling

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

"Cares for" usually means, "more than just likes" but less than "loves".

4. virginiabeauty profile image51
    virginiabeautyposted 7 years ago

No don't think so. If he really loves you he will say it and show it. He will not use the words " I care for you" it would be " I love you". Dont rush him because it will hurt you later. If he didnt really mean it.

5. SoundAdvice profile image56
    SoundAdviceposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    You are spot on! Every girl asks the same question when her boyfriend says he cares for her. Care is not tentamount to love. If he has never said he "loves" you then may be does not love you (yet). He may be trying to understand the depth of his own feelings. Wait and see. If he loves you, he will never hesitate a second to say it. But if he is confused or is not ready for committment then he will not be able to openly say "I Love you".

he said that he gave up on love when we was younger cause he lost evrything he loved

6. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

No it's not the same.  He cares about you but he won't go as far as saying he loves you.  When a guy loves you he will have no problem telling you he loves you.

so more less he doesnt love me right

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

He said that he cares for you , is this the same as he loves you,

difinitely nooooooooooooooooooo he  do not care for you, but loving you
    is something different.... make sure he say the word "I love you.
    so do you care for him? ........

yes i do

8. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Not necessarily....I think it means that he's feeling more than like, but less than love.

what you mean

9. suzettenaples profile image91
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

Cares for is not the same as love, but some men can 't express their true emotions.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words.  It depends on the guy and how well you know him.  Only you can determine if be loves you.  Some men can easily say I love you but not really mean it.  Again, actions speak louder than words and determine how he greats you.

10. Marina7 profile image79
    Marina7posted 4 years ago

I would just ask him "do you love me?" I don't like when people use lukewarm phrases like "cares for me" because it is so very shallow. Tell him to tell you what he means with "cares for you" and that you want him to be honest with you at all times and use only phrases that either  mean yes or no in some way.

working