jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Do you share your hubs with your family and friends?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Do you share your hubs with your family and friends?

Do your family and friends know about and read your hubs? Or are you more inclined toward being anonymous?

2. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Some of them yes aspecially those that I wrote with the inspiration I got from them.

3. Urbane Chaos profile image99
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

I don't share all of them, but there is a good majority that I do.  Since most of my articles are about Oklahoma, and a good majority of my family and friends are interested in the state, I usually let them read the articles before I publish them. 

Once they're published, they usually get spread around facebook quite a bit.  In fact, my article about the Castles in Oklahoma still hasn't reached the end of the line.  I'm getting emails from people that are supposedly related all the time - all from Facebook. 

So, sometimes it's good to share.. other times, I'm a bit more stingy.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image86
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

I did, till they started gettting fed up.

5. Donna Janelle profile image74
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I do tell close family and friends about them...whether or not they end up reading them all the time, I don't really know smile

6. Rastamermaid profile image75
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I have never told anyone about my hubpages or other blogs I have,but you know people do google people, never thought they would google my nickname.

I do tell them about my business websites,blogs,meetup group and other dealings online for business purposes.

But they found me anyway,it's all good.

I blog from life experiences,happy and sad places but all with the emphasis on posistivity,love and my heart.

Any feedback,comments or compliments is simply gravy!

I do have separate hubpages account for my business.

Str8up Hookups

It's all about the hookup!!!

7. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

i share my hubs only with a great friend and my sister.

8. Lady Wordsmith profile image80
    Lady Wordsmithposted 7 years ago

Everyone knows that I blog and hub, but I don't like to mention it too much incase they get sick of me, lol.  I would like to know that my family and friends read my stuff, but I know that a lot of them don't.  It doesn't hurt to know that though, everyone's short of time, and if blogging and hubbing are not your thing then I can understand that you wouldn't want to spend too much of that precious time reading them.  My friends and family see my hubs as something that's MY hobby, not theirs.  My closest do read them, my mum, my partner, my best friends.  But they never comment, which I'm thankful for - I would imagine that reams of comments from a hubbers family would put any other hubbers off from making comments themselves, for fear of feeling like they were intruding on a family party!

9. Wayne Orvisburg profile image74
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

No I don't actually. Not that I publish anything provocative, but I like to have a place I can put down my thoughts and not have to hear their opinions.

10. lcg4jc profile image76
    lcg4jcposted 7 years ago

No, I haven't shared my hubs, but I am not anonymous as you can see by my photo.

11. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Yes, I sure do.  But no other member of my family are into blogs or hubs, so they don't usually care about them.

Have a nice day,

12. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

My Hubby and kids know, so do some of their friends.  Unless, I specifically tell them about a particular hub, kiddies don't bother to read.  Hubby could not care less.  I could be writing " I hate him letters".......he would never know.

13. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I make no secret about my hub activity.  I want them to look so I invite, but if they don't want to then it is ok and I don't harp on it.   They are mostly all on facebook and I always post a link.   If there is an interest in the topic, they view.

A funny thing happened a couple of times, a couple of firends and family members have called all excited because they 'stumbled upon' one of my articles.  Also, I had a friend tell me that he was looking for his son's blog and googled the name, he found my profile and a hub I had written about it and then followed the link to his son's blog.   I thought that was funny, lol.

14. phiphi profile image59
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

Yeah i do share hubs with my sister ans my best friends and they are also using hubs now a days

15. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

I would try, and they would seem interested at first, but as my life is a mystery to them and their sensibilities, they would forget about it and not linger, even if it were one of the most important things in my life.

My family is loving but hardly acknowledging of my life.

16. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i post some of my hubs on facebook and twitter and i discuss my thoughts with my wife all the time.