jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do gays have a chance in the US Marine Corps' elite unit? I foresee "blanket par

1. proton66 profile image63
    proton66posted 7 years ago

Do gays have a chance in the US Marine Corps' elite unit? I foresee "blanket parties". Do you?

Lifting the ban on the "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the military generally may not affect the armed forces of the US but, I am sure the Marine Corps' hardcore units will find a way to not have such individuals stick around too long or tarnish their image.

2. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

They are already there and always have been.  Don't be silly about these things... i.e. grow up.

3. christopheranton profile image74
    christopherantonposted 7 years ago

60% of The Marine Corps, and the same number of special combat groups believed repealing the law would impair their fighting effectiveness, however
    92% percent of troops who believe they have served with a gay person saw no effect on their units' morale or effectiveness. Among Marines in combat roles who said they have served alongside a gay person, 84 percent said there was no impact.

These are the figures from the official survey. They seem to show that the perception among the fighting troops was that it made no odds what the  sexuality was of the person fighting alongside them.
    If your constitution is supposed to be secular, guaranteeing separation between church and state, it makes very little sense that discrimination based on the narrow views of some religions should be enshrined in your armed forces regulations.
    Your country will have finally grown up when marriages of marines of all sexes are celebrated, with honour guards of their colleagues in attendance, to cheer on the bride and groom, the groom and groom, or the bride and bride; whichever it may be.

4. Dolores Monet profile image98
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

I have never been in the military so I guess it's really none of my business, but...many scholars claim that Alexander the Great was gay. Alexander was one of the greatest military leaders in history - the guy could really kick butt.