Ladies- If you could give one single bit of advice to the male population, what

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (53 posts)
  1. cjcarter profile image72
    cjcarterposted 12 years ago

Ladies- If you could give one single bit of advice to the male population, what would you tell them?

Don't shave... do shave... no flip flops... pro flip flops...
    What say you, ladies?

2. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 12 years ago

In a relationship or marriage, always make it a point to communicate!  And I don't mean talking about goofy stuff like whether or not you liked an episode of Family Guy.  I mean sit down with her and share your thoughts, problems, and concerns with her.  She wants to know she is appreciated and wants to be there for you when you need someone to lean on.

3. profile image52
    Ourfamily2yoursposted 12 years ago

Communication and listening...........Always listen to your partner always!  Communication is the key to a happy relationship.  If you have that even when you have problems you will be able to talk them through peacefully!

4. profile image50
    Aqua00posted 12 years ago

communication, listen to her comment her on her beautiful hair of clothes give her your heart. make her feel like all eyes are on her make her feel important, if you have promblems you'll work them out together you'll get through it. talk to eachother about your relation ship give her what she wants if your rlly luv her show her

5. Miss Info profile image67
    Miss Infoposted 12 years ago

Communicate honestly and openly.

I believe I will write a hub on this interesting topic.

6. FranYo profile image61
    FranYoposted 12 years ago

Be strong enough to sometimes say NO. 

It's good to compromise and be part of the give-and-take that a couple share. But women don't like (or respect) a push-over, or someone who constantly subjugates their wishes/hopes/desires to their spouse. 

Don't be afraid to call your loved one's on their s*#t.  Now THAT's honest communication.

7. Flowering Heart profile image60
    Flowering Heartposted 12 years ago

don't keep secrets and do something you both like if you don't know that then try to learn what the other likes. You can never go wrong with asking questions so long as you mention yourself every now and then you don't want to give the impression that your keeping secrets!

8. Nspeel profile image61
    Nspeelposted 12 years ago

I have to put my two cents in here, i am a straight male but a lot of single men may be single forever just because of the pure fact that they think the mountain is greener on the other side. When in reality if you have been in a relationship for years happily, its almost impossible to just flop and hate each other. All it takes is compromise and understanding your spouses needs and visa versa. No one can get 100% of what they want and think they are going to be happy forever. Have to at least meet in the middle and work things out together, shape and form with each other.My girl is my favorite person,best friend, and some one i could spend my entire day in bed with.

9. whiplashinfo profile image60
    whiplashinfoposted 12 years ago

Be handsome all the time, but never ever dare to break a woman's heart.

10. Winnie* profile image68
    Winnie*posted 12 years ago

Make her feel important if she's important to you.

11. SerenaDoherty profile image60
    SerenaDohertyposted 12 years ago

Be assertive. Not aggressive, not passive but assertive.

That way problems are dealt with straight away, compromises can be made and she will respect you for being honest and a man.

It will feel like your contributing to the relationship, to both of you and make you stronger. Rather than stewing, brooding or keeping secrets until it's too late and mountains have formed out of mole hills.

12. ninacrimaldi profile image60
    ninacrimaldiposted 12 years ago

If your in love with a girl make sure she knows it and make sure to put her first!

13. Sunshine3131 profile image59
    Sunshine3131posted 12 years ago

Learn boys learn......learn from the women coz women rock while boys flop hahaha just kidding!!!!  I'd say look handsome all the time and smell yummy yummy smile

14. profile image52
    lari1307posted 12 years ago

i would tell them that everyone one wants to BE ENOUGH. this means that they are important enough to have your respect and consideration.  that before you do anything you would consider the effect it would have on them.

15. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

Stop trying so hard to impress us, guys. It's more annoying than it is attractive. And don't cling. Clinging is the worst!

16. profile image52
    ebby08posted 12 years ago

Stop using women like they're Geishas and actually strive to have a meaningful, happy relationship.

17. MsKejci profile image60
    MsKejciposted 12 years ago

Be ambitious and brave, but allways stay faithfull to a woman! That's a real man!

18. profile image58
    elliegouldingposted 12 years ago

If a girl tells you she loves you, don't go out with her best friend. That will only make her mad at you and her best friend.

19. Wonder Referrals profile image40
    Wonder Referralsposted 12 years ago

We are not a piece of meat.
    Ladies still like to be treated with respect , kindness ,attention
    and don't forget the flowers.

20. miccimom profile image60
    miccimomposted 12 years ago

Just say it like it is, no lies.  Once the trust is broken, it takes along time to earn it back.  Good luck!

21. TKLMommy profile image60
    TKLMommyposted 12 years ago

Listen! Listen and be there for your significant other.... Actually hear what she is saying and not just nodding your head....

22. Stephiliboo profile image60
    Stephilibooposted 12 years ago

Stop worrying about so many things! Men are big on thinking about things to the point of madness! If it feels right, go with it. If it doesn't, then let it go! We can take the punches and roll!

23. maddot profile image66
    maddotposted 12 years ago

Give her the television remote!
    Don't leave the toilet seat up
    Put a new toilet roll on when needed
    Wash the sheets
    Wash up
    Let  the dog in when it scratches at the door.
    and never ever tell her she's put on weight

24. BethBrown profile image80
    BethBrownposted 12 years ago

Listen. Not the shaking your head and rolling your eyes kind of listen, but really listen to what she is saying. Sometimes it is easier for guys to filter trough our bs to find out what we need.

25. rikabothra profile image59
    rikabothraposted 12 years ago

You will get back what you give! Be good, be faithful, and tell you partner how much you appreciate her.

26. LittleStash profile image61
    LittleStashposted 12 years ago

Say what you mean, but keep you brain in gear while you're doing it.

27. plogan721 profile image78
    plogan721posted 12 years ago

Please, we are not trophies.    There is no prize for who can get the prettiest, tall, skinny woman on the planet.

28. ligiaogl profile image60
    ligiaoglposted 12 years ago

Keep the romance alive! Most men let this go as life goes on. That' s a huge mistake. If you keep the romance going, you can have any woman you want!

29. JasonStroth profile image57
    JasonStrothposted 12 years ago

GROW UP! Act like a real man..

Be HONEST..
    Watch your mouth..
    Be RESPONSIBLE..

30. Through My Lens profile image60
    Through My Lensposted 12 years ago

LISTEN... with the intent to understand.

31. Rosie writes profile image83
    Rosie writesposted 12 years ago

Do not let your pants sag...it looks really ridiculous.

32. profile image49
    YitsME76308posted 12 years ago

Always open the door for a lady. Lady is anyone of the female gender!

33. bdanyel48 profile image60
    bdanyel48posted 12 years ago

Stop lieing. Once you start lieing and we find out the trust is out the window. And than that's when you get that nagging wife/girlfriend wanting to know where you are all the time.

34. dipsmi profile image65
    dipsmiposted 12 years ago

equality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

35. gshill profile image59
    gshillposted 12 years ago

The one bit of advice I would give would be to put the thoughts and feelings of others before you do yourself.

36. tdwhitt profile image60
    tdwhittposted 12 years ago

Treat your woman with the most respect that you can, because there could come a day when you are left alone.

37. Erin Rooney profile image61
    Erin Rooneyposted 12 years ago

Don't smell bad. Please, please, please, as a favor to us, don't smell bad. And if you do smell bad, please stand a reasonable distance away.

38. thoughthole profile image93
    thoughtholeposted 12 years ago

Just stop doing stupid stuff, geese! It's not hard, the golden rule is a fairly well known guide line that can be of great help for someone who is in the process of trying to stop being stupid or even just trying to be a bit less stupid. For god sakes guys, c'mon.

39. Heather McMillan profile image60
    Heather McMillanposted 12 years ago

Stop acting like your so good that you don't have to committ but it's expected that a sense of committment is given to you.  To say I am going to still mess around because that is what we do, but then say you should only be with me.  Grow up, if you respect me and say you love me, then I should be enough. You are enough for me, so stop the cheating.

40. Artist-For-Hire profile image68
    Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years ago

Remember that your woman will always multiply and make better whatever you give her...

Give her your sperm - she'll give you a baby
    Give her a house - she'll make you a home
    Give her some food - she'll make you a meal
    Give her a smile - she'll give you her heart
    So if you give her any cr*p...be prepared to receive a whole ton of sh*!

But seriously, the key is appreciation - make her feel like you appreciate everything she does to support your relationship, your home, you family. Make her feel appreciated and she'll also feel respected, valued and loved - she will take a bullet for you.

And never EVER underestimate the value of a hand brushing across her back as you pass in the hallway, or a big squishy cuddle when you come home at the end of the day, or sweeping hair out of her face when she's busy. This is what we like to call a "gesture of love" - nope, it's not foreplay.

41. slaffery profile image60
    slafferyposted 12 years ago

If you don't know what to or not to do, as we women like to change our minds, just fake it till you make it smile

42. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 12 years ago

I think this is personal to each woman.  For me, be flexible but not a pushover.  Stand up for what you believe in without being domineering. No door mats, please.

43. JayDee Sterling profile image60
    JayDee Sterlingposted 12 years ago

Not all women are alike.
    Don't ever verbalize comparisons between your ex and your current lady.
    A lot of women are excellent drivers!

44. cejae profile image60
    cejaeposted 12 years ago

Be Honest!!! - Oh yes and put the toilet seat down

45. stayingalivemoma profile image84
    stayingalivemomaposted 12 years ago

I tell my fiancee all the time to just stop talking. LOL! Also, take out the garbage, put the seat down, help me with these bags, help me with the kids, help me with dinner....are you still talking? Didn't I say don't talk? Just do it. hee hee hee

46. profile image0
    SJmorningsun25posted 12 years ago

Chivalry is NOT dead. Unless she specifically tells you not to, there's nothing sexist about opening/holding doors, pulling out chairs, and helping her get her coat on. If she refuses it, fine; but until she does, assume she'll love you more for showing you care.

47. ModernDisneyGirl profile image61
    ModernDisneyGirlposted 12 years ago

Two Little Words. BE YOURSELF!

That's the most important advice for anyone.

48. AliciaMarie27 profile image59
    AliciaMarie27posted 12 years ago

I would tell people not to underestimate the power of small acts of kindness. A person can change someones entire day by holding the door for them as they pass by or smiling at them and saying "thank you." These gestures seem small but they can have a big impact upon people. I believe the population would be happier if more individuals simply practiced being nice to others:)

49. theeaglesrose profile image61
    theeaglesroseposted 12 years ago

Learn the nature of yourself...of a man...learn the nature of a woman...and then look at things not from an emotional standpoint...but through an understanding of the nature of a woman versus your nature. Most women don't even understand that about themselves, much less the man and vice versa. I look to the Bible for my understanding of nature, but there is plenty of information out there to be found where you could study up on this in the scientific and physiological communities. The basis of our nature drives everything we do and in every situation from intimate to group settings to how we handle pleasure and pain and parenting, etc. It makes life a lot simpler when you learn this.

50. vansh121 profile image59
    vansh121posted 12 years ago

It is better not to under-estimate us. This is the biggest problem of Asian countries that male always over-estimate themselves. They think that women are inferior or sleeping beauty or second sex.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)