When an unknown attractive person approach you and say "hello",What do you do?

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 209 discussions (209 posts)
  1. profile image48
    stan yatesposted 12 years ago

I would go bright red and look behind me to see who they were actually talking to.
    Then when I realize that they are talking to me, I would say in a high pitched squeal , 'i'm sorrry, bud are what tooking toy ma ?'in the way that Cliff Clavin used to whenever he was approached by women in Cheers.

2. Reynold Adade profile image60
    Reynold Adadeposted 12 years ago

the safest and best thing to do is not assume anything about the person just say hi and keep your inquiring poker face on this will make the person talk and spill watever reason for approaching you because if you dont and the person is observant he/she will know you are interested in hearing what he wants to say and then they get more confidence.just stay cool and when you know the persons intentions,you can be frience or just pass it as a waste of breath

3. stayingalivemoma profile image82
    stayingalivemomaposted 12 years ago

well, you say hello back, of course. then wipe the drool from the corner of your mouth.

4. KaterinaBeckham profile image55
    KaterinaBeckhamposted 12 years ago

If I feel safe, I will stare at them with a demanding look waiting to see if they have anything new and witty to say. The idea is whether they will make me feel good.

5. jake13edward profile image62
    jake13edwardposted 12 years ago

People say hello to people they dont know all the time.Just say hello and if she dosent say anything else just walk away.

6. firechik211 profile image62
    firechik211posted 12 years ago

I would at least say hello.  I'm a very social person, so this might be a friendship in the making.  It would depend on how awkward the conversation got after "hello".

7. Maximum A profile image74
    Maximum Aposted 12 years ago

When this happened to me, I just stared at him and waited for him to talk. When I realized he was talking nonsense, I ignored him and went away.

8. Ask KayB profile image59
    Ask KayBposted 12 years ago

Ummm..what do I do?
    What do I do as far as what?
    Wait...Im sorry..have we met before?
    If not, then how can I assist you without telling you all my personal info..
    Great way to start a conversation..smh..

9. joseph merlin profile image39
    joseph merlinposted 12 years ago

I will also say Hello with the beautiful smile and help him how much I can

10. profile image52
    MonclerKids01posted 12 years ago
  11. James Halpin profile image60
    James Halpinposted 12 years ago

If its a nice "Hello" then say Hi.
    But if its a mean "Hello" as if youy overstepped your bounds somehow just apologize.

12. wellspoken profile image61
    wellspokenposted 12 years ago

Say hello back. There is nothing wrong with small talk

13. jj0466 profile image60
    jj0466posted 12 years ago

say "hello" back smile     It shouldn't matter what he or she looks like.

14. Knoggin profile image63
    Knogginposted 12 years ago

It depends on the tone of voice and body language that compliments the greeting.

15. profile image57
    soniacharanposted 12 years ago

response him/her back in the same kind way and ask him about his journey...

16. courtlneygdtm profile image71
    courtlneygdtmposted 12 years ago

I would reply "Hello" back with a smile.

17. Rachelle Williams profile image92
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

I say "hello" back, and react the same way as I would with any other person..I keep it moving, always.

18. ninabillian profile image40
    ninabillianposted 12 years ago

First i will thing that he is confused. But if he is knowing me and saying me hello then i will welcome him and asked him, what he need to me.

19. appukuttanvb profile image57
    appukuttanvbposted 12 years ago

hi

new-web-technologies.blogspot.com">http://new-web-technologies.blogspot.com

20. healthscience profile image60
    healthscienceposted 12 years ago

I'd smile and politely say "Hi." I will then proceed with what I'm doing.

21. profile image52
    ghost-rider1980posted 12 years ago

I respond with a greeting or I smile in return.  I find it important to always respond in some way when someone is kind to you.  If someone takes time to offer a greeting I feel it would be rude to ignore that person.  Kindness deserves kindness.

22. ladyhowto4u profile image62
    ladyhowto4uposted 12 years ago

I would say Hello back to the person, and probably give him or her a friendly smile!

23. KristiF profile image60
    KristiFposted 12 years ago

strike up a conversation! i would love attractive men to come up to me and talk!

24. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 12 years ago

I will certainly respond back and ask him how can i help him that will be irrespective of attractive or unattractive person !

25. Eight8Consulting profile image59
    Eight8Consultingposted 12 years ago

That depends on what state of mind i am, if i am tensed i may ignore & if i am in a casual mood i may respond with a smile.

26. drspaniel profile image82
    drspanielposted 12 years ago

Be natural, be cool and enjoy the ride! Well that's usually the plan, but whether I can stick to that is another matter. Just remember that you keep your eyes on their eyes, and no at their certain body parts...

27. Roy Huggins profile image61
    Roy Hugginsposted 12 years ago

I'd most probably want to say 'hi' back and chat about life.  The human spirit is amazing so why not pass the timeof day and enjoy some good conversation.  Live life with passion!

28. Answer Man profile image61
    Answer Manposted 12 years ago

People, by and large, are dangerous. If someone approaches you they always have an ulterior motive. You must be on your guard against this. You must run if someone says hi and don't look back.

Serial killers often use the technique of approaching you and saying hi. But don't fall for it!

29. profile image50
    victoriabryanposted 12 years ago

It would depend greatly on my current situation.  If I'm single, and an attractive woman approaches and says hello, I would greet her warmly back.  Everyone, attractive or not, most likely has some insecurities.  Therefore, warmly engaging them in conversation rewards them for the risk they took in approaching you in the first place.  The easiest way to talk to a beautiful woman, is to act as though you've known her for years.  This familiarity will help put her at ease, and it shows confidence in yourself.  Teasing her about something that is personal, but not too important (looks, age etc) works like a charm.  Just be sure that you are smiling from your eyes while teasing her, that way she knows its playful.  Most of all enjoy yourself.  She's interested in you, show her who you are.

30. plinka profile image53
    plinkaposted 12 years ago

I'm sure, I wouldn't escape and, of course, I'd say "Hello". :-)

31. ipadguru profile image40
    ipadguruposted 12 years ago

first thing you do is pretend to ignore them and wait for them to say hi again.   Like you never really heard them.  Then you know they really like you.

Next comment about the weather so you did not really listen to what they have to say.  Then engage if they still keep coming.

32. betterstuff profile image60
    betterstuffposted 12 years ago

someone i don't know

well i should say hello and step away

33. allaboutseo profile image60
    allaboutseoposted 12 years ago

i will speck to him/her with kindness and politely....!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

34. stylezink profile image72
    stylezinkposted 12 years ago

I would say, "Hi" or "Hey, how are you today?" The same I say to everyone else.

35. DexisView profile image78
    DexisViewposted 12 years ago

Who doesn't smile and say "hello" to someone that they are approaching??  Guess I just like to be friendly smile

36. Marie-Renee profile image79
    Marie-Reneeposted 12 years ago

The looks really do not matter, if he was friendly enough to say hello the least that I can do is say hello back. If he stays to chat, then that's when you decide whether he's worth talking with or not. If he doesn't chat with you then it is okay to walk away.

37. oopsydoopsygirl profile image62
    oopsydoopsygirlposted 12 years ago

Say hello back. It's polite to acknowledge people.

38. profile image57
    dust2duskposted 12 years ago

Automatically and politely reply, "Hello," while my higher reasoning functions shut down.

39. dmct74 profile image57
    dmct74posted 12 years ago

No one is immune to this, just say hi and enjoy their presence!  Just kidding wink

40. sandipttt profile image59
    sandiptttposted 12 years ago

well,at first definitely i will surprise and speechless and after a while i may say "hi".

41. Morena88 profile image68
    Morena88posted 12 years ago

I usually say "Hi!" backwards, in a cheerful way. It's my natural response to a greeting after having done numerous theatre exercises, and just being friendly in general.

People don't usually expect this, so if they are looking for money or something, responding in this way can catch them off guard. Doesn't stop them from trying, though.

I like helping people out, but I don't like being taken advantage of.

42. JenJen0703 profile image79
    JenJen0703posted 12 years ago

This happens periodically, so I say hello back and engage in conversation, despite if I am nervous or not.  I had a gentleman walk into my store about a month ago and has been regularly asking me out ever since.  He is from Nigeria, and has his master's degree and teaches at the college where I work on campus.  I am still working on my associate's degree, he is way farther in life than I am.  If you do not say hello back, you miss great opportunities.

43. Mr Shekel profile image60
    Mr Shekelposted 12 years ago

I say hello to whoever greets me, attractive or not and unknown or known. If someone is willing to take a moment to say "hi" then I would be more than willing to respond in kind.

44. shadowspyro99 profile image59
    shadowspyro99posted 12 years ago

If someone unattractive and says hello, you ignore them and if you are close to your house then you go inside and lock the door, if you are in the street, walk away without saying anything, and next time try to carry a bottle of pepper spray.

45. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

I smile and just wonder who is she? Or it is just a dream?

46. tata22 profile image61
    tata22posted 12 years ago

Possible reasons:
    1. Old acquaintance who've changed a lot?
    2. Needing your help?
    3. Wanting to be friends?
    4. Interested with you?
    or just maybe
    5. With bad intentions?

Under any circumstances, there's no harm in being polite and say "Hi there" with a simple smile, emplying openness and being friendly.  You might be surprised, it could be the start of good friendship or relationship. 

However, have some reservations and don't loose your sense of being skeptical as our parents used to tell us "not to talk to strangers" (LOL ^^)

47. jammin08 profile image57
    jammin08posted 12 years ago

i'll say hi...and ask him/her if he/she needs help...and take note if he/she has good motives in approaching me...

48. leeba ann varghes profile image66
    leeba ann varghesposted 12 years ago

I would also say hello...in great excitement,..in the same way when i meet an old intimate friend after long years..i hope dat he'l be surprised!!

49. DGuerrero profile image61
    DGuerreroposted 12 years ago

I would simply say "hello", and then wait to hear what it is that person has to say in response. Chances are if a total stranger approaches you, they intend on engaging in further conversation, and the "hello" was nothing more than an ice breaker.

50. debbie roberts profile image71
    debbie robertsposted 12 years ago

I'd look behind me..They couldn't possibly be acknowledging me...Could they?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)