When an unknown attractive person approach you and say "hello",What do you do?

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 209 discussions (209 posts)
  1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

I would say hello back, and try to think of something to extend the conversation.

2. kripkrip420 profile image61
    kripkrip420posted 12 years ago

You say hello back and then state your name. Hopefully he/she tells you their name and you guys kick it off in splendid conversation.

3. wisetoguys profile image60
    wisetoguysposted 12 years ago

Why not smile at them and say hello back:)

4. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

Well, I would say "Hi, how you doing?" and then to sex things up a little bit say "Where is your boy friend" and if she says "I don't have a boy friend", I will say in a joking tone "Why, did he dump you?" (For some reason that always seem add a few points with good looking girls, I never understand why, but for me, it work everytime.) 

If she is married then, you say Hi and then you pretend your friend just call and start talking to your pretend friend on your cell phone and quickly walk away.

5. profile image52
    WS 1964posted 12 years ago

I'll say hello back to this person with a how are you, I do this to everyone that greets me, no matter what the person looks like.

6. chasemillis profile image68
    chasemillisposted 12 years ago

That depends. If it's a dude then I'd pretend I didn't hear anything and start jogging the other way. If it's a girl, then I'd probably just be caught off guard and stutter like an idiot haha

7. Satori Martin profile image60
    Satori Martinposted 12 years ago

Smile...Maybe say "hello" or "hi" back, and wait to see if they have more to say.

8. equine profile image69
    equineposted 12 years ago

He or she may just be asking for directions.  Nice people come in all shapes and sizes.

9. Acheolis profile image59
    Acheolisposted 12 years ago

Turn around and see if they are talking to anyone behind me before I reply.

10. Caerleon profile image61
    Caerleonposted 12 years ago

Smile and say "Hello" back.  And hope that would start a conversation.

11. Joanna Le profile image57
    Joanna Leposted 12 years ago

I would smile and say, "hi!" I know, average. :p

12. Dan90017 profile image60
    Dan90017posted 12 years ago

How YOU doin' ? (in the voice of Joey from Friends)

13. Albert C Servin profile image60
    Albert C Servinposted 12 years ago

answer back SORRY NO AUTOGRAPHS TODAY and look away this will do two things spark even more interest and even draw a smile to here face thats when you two can spark a conversation.

14. Andme26 profile image62
    Andme26posted 12 years ago

I get a b*ner  and blush and run away...........smile

15. samtenabray profile image59
    samtenabrayposted 12 years ago

i would probably take the time to say hello back lol

16. wanzulfikri profile image61
    wanzulfikriposted 12 years ago

i will run away as fast as I can! Oh well, opportunity can be find elsewhere I suppose.

17. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

This is a fairly generalized question, but I'll reply with a few specifics if that's OK.  Being a woman, it would be important to know, WHERE I am at the moment that a total stranger approaches me to say, "Hello,"...and whether or not this stranger is a woman or a big, muscular man,  Are we at a social event with several people nearby or a dark and empty parking lot?  I'm friendly and personable, but not STUPID!!   "Attractive," or not, there are priorities!!

18. cebutouristspot profile image77
    cebutouristspotposted 12 years ago

The polite thing to do is say "Hi" ofcourse

19. rochelj profile image59
    rocheljposted 12 years ago

say Hi, and then continue whatever you are doing.

20. EWMcGrath profile image61
    EWMcGrathposted 12 years ago

The question is the root of attractiveness.  Is the definition of attractiveness an outward appearance?  Then again, it is a part of my persona to acknowledge anyone who speaks to me.

There is a reason why I ask: I tend to look at specific things, like a smile, maybe a witty comment or insight.   Maybe this 'unknown attractive person' is looking for an individual who shares things deeper than superficiality and you happen to possess the quality.

21. Prblmchild31 profile image59
    Prblmchild31posted 12 years ago

I personally would say as a first instinct. Run....... If you can lol. If not like the others say. I would look and make sure he/she is directing the hello towards me first. Then politely say hello. But be on guard as to what his or her intentions are. Plus depends on where this situation happens. smile

22. NessaMetharam profile image61
    NessaMetharamposted 12 years ago

I would kneel down and ask the person to marry me. Just kidding.

I would say hi.. properly. smile

23. Levertis Steele profile image75
    Levertis Steeleposted 12 years ago

I would return, "Hello," and, if I feel comfortable, wait for an explanation of the greeting.

24. RoyalPain profile image59
    RoyalPainposted 12 years ago

I'd say 'hello' back. Unless you're on a prowl for a hook up and hoping to get picked up, I do not see any harm in finding out what the person wants.  Your next course of action will determined if you like his next question. smile

25. LonelyOleander profile image60
    LonelyOleanderposted 12 years ago

I would just say hello, and if the convo happened to go down the wrong path, you could just politely end it.

26. justificationjenn profile image61
    justificationjennposted 12 years ago

I'd smile and say "Hi, how are you?" I'm in a wonderful relationship of 8 1/2 years -- it doesn't matter how beautiful the person is, it won't throw me off track. smile

27. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

i response accordingly, you don't have to be rude or cold to a stranger no matter your mood. just be nice as a first step you never can tell how far the follower can be of help to you later on in life.

28. findawayormakeone profile image76
    findawayormakeoneposted 12 years ago

I will give the gentleman a good once over and change my body language immediately. I will turn closer to this attractive person and certainly smile when I reply "Hello", clearly and articulately.

I love that first greeting!

29. profile image48
    mswannabe1222posted 12 years ago

just say hi nd have a conversation be friends noting more unless you start 2 have fellings for him...

30. P retsel profile image60
    P retselposted 12 years ago

well i just response he by showing him a glimpse of smile...

31. RASO profile image67
    RASOposted 12 years ago

Say back "Hi" and ask her politely "How can I help you" :-)

32. litsabd profile image66
    litsabdposted 12 years ago

It all depends on how something is said. In Greece we say that words don't have bones but can break some if used unproperly. So, if an atractive person approaches me and kindly says "Hello", I would probably answer the same way back.

33. profile image0
    bigmoneyonlineposted 12 years ago

I would say hi, what can i do for you? Have we met before? and so on and so forth simply saying i am interested too...

34. Melissa-Chavez profile image60
    Melissa-Chavezposted 12 years ago

Ha i get all nervous and just softly and politely say "Hello" lol i

35. ausis profile image69
    ausisposted 12 years ago

I walk up to them and say hey mate how's it going. What can I do for you? But then that's just me. I'm a human who believes in fairness to all I see the whole person, not whether you have a fat head one leg or big nose.

36. chuckbl profile image67
    chuckblposted 12 years ago

Smile and say hello back and then invite them to tea.

37. Geonews profile image55
    Geonewsposted 12 years ago

nothing so special i will just conform him why he approach me and for what purpose he want to face me.

38. Lawfull Richard profile image62
    Lawfull Richardposted 12 years ago

just tell him or her what you really do. Don't tell lie, just be honest since you will not know what she think until you put her/him to the test

39. IJR112 profile image61
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

Smile and say hello back.  Attractiveness definitely has an effect on me.

40. flowmeter profile image60
    flowmeterposted 12 years ago

I will probably feel a bit shy but that depends if they are more attractive than me

41. pelt545 profile image41
    pelt545posted 12 years ago

I would just be honest and polite with her or him. Therefore, he/she would know that I am respectful and considerate.

42. profile image50
    julyegudtposted 12 years ago

I think it depends greatly on your perceived motivation of that person's intent in their behavior. If there seems to be an intent to deceive, manipulate, or scam, then it is best to make the encounter as short as possible which can be done in a number of ways. If the person seems genuinely interested in conversing with you

43. profile image52
    michelegoldsteinposted 12 years ago

I believe in synchronicity, so I would say "Hello, how are you doing?" to see what this interaction could bring. It actually happend to me last month and the guy really needed someone to talk to/ listen . I was able to give him some advice that he desperately needed. We actually spent two hours in the supermarket together (I had to switch all my frozen goods). I believe that I had answers he needed to hear and many were related the the book I was in the process of reading.

44. tswilson profile image60
    tswilsonposted 12 years ago

Never hurts to go with the classic, "How you doin?"

45. thecoffeewrite profile image71
    thecoffeewriteposted 12 years ago

Say hi back and act like He's not the first attractive person I've ever seen, while secretly rejoicing. Poker Face

46. katrinaB profile image57
    katrinaBposted 12 years ago

never look nervous that shows um hey hottie i mean ummmmmmmmmmm be yourself hello nice 2 meet u my name is ...

47. Sunshine talks profile image56
    Sunshine talksposted 12 years ago

Be unique, you never know how many people approach him since he is ''attractive'' right? Also have a sence of humor(; That will start a interesting convo. . .

48. formosangirl profile image80
    formosangirlposted 12 years ago

I would say "hello" and smile, looking the person in the eyes.

49. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

I do the same thing that I do when an "unattractive" person (a person I don't myself find attractive?) approaches me and says hello. I smile and say hello back.

50. JasonLicerioPH profile image74
    JasonLicerioPHposted 12 years ago

I stutter and look away big_smile Can't talk to attractive girls that easy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)