jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When your feeling down and out, what do you do to cheer yourself up?

1. BakerRambles profile image87
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

When your feeling down and out, what do you do to cheer yourself up?

2. alphagirl profile image81
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

listen to music that makes my heart sing. Walk and get fresh air. Soak in a tub and have a glass of wine

3. Senoritaa profile image69
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I log on to Hubpages, and read those awesome articles by fellow hubbers smile

4. wonderful1 profile image81
    wonderful1posted 6 years ago

Talk to people. Any time you open up and let out how you feel, it lightens the burden to bear by yourself. If I can't reach friends or family, I go on Facebook and chat with people online.

But I do like alphagirl's suggestion of having a glass of wine, along with some music to fit your mood.

In moments of grief (like when I got dumped), I'd go on walks to process my emotions. Sometimes, a little cardio can release steam from your broken heart. And a nice view to stop and admire can make you feel comforted. If you feel "down and out," having a perspective of a vast opening with many options can make you feel like there is hope. A nice view (like an ocean or city view) can be therapeutic.

And a hug can work wonders, too.

5. nikipa profile image75
    nikipaposted 6 years ago

Singing some nice karaoke songs can really cheer me up... or just a chat with a friend or on the phone...
    But the best thing that really helps me (please don't laugh!), is to eat any kind of fish, ... its something that I really enjoy and do helps me more than anything else...

6. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I get lost in a book. Sometimes living vicariously helps me get perspective. smile

7. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

I hit the surf, go in the sunshine for some swimming, it's invigorating and makes me feel totally refreshed.

8. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

There are times when I feel depressed and completely drained. I then think of god and meditate and give myself a pep talk. I completely relax watching my favorite shows and then gear myself up to meet my problems.