jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What’s more important to a relationship?

1. JosieLee profile image78
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

What’s more important to a relationship?

What’s more important to a relationship: common values or other commonalities (like tastes in music, interests, etc.)?

2. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 6 years ago

Respect is the most important in a relationship. Respect enough not to change the person to suit your needs

3. Leaderofmany profile image59
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

Common Values, you each can have your own interest but if your values are not in line, then you will never agree on anything.

4. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

Common values are more important than just having trivial things in common like music. When you have common values you're both on the same path in life and you both want the same things out of life. Liking the same music just means you'll both tune into the same radio station.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

This is a hard question to answer but honesty and total openness are important to me personally.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Meeting and enjoying someone you know you never would have had an interest in. Sharing different beliefs and maybe even values, but nevertheless regardless of class, creed, status and finances you couldn't imagine living your life without them!!! Although you can't understand why you feel this way you give up the need to understand and move forward blissfully experiencing this unique experience.  Best of all there are no words/word you or anyone else can use to describe how you feel and the level of "Love" you have for them!

7. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Common values, I'd say. If two different people have different values in/on life or even spirituality, they will buck heads.

8. profile image59
    geordmcposted 6 years ago

communication is the most important thing in a relationship

9. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

Honestly and clear communication are so important.

10. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

In relationships everything is important.  Every little detail means something and will ultimately have an impact on you.   It's a combination of habits and beliefs.  To make things harder those can change from person to person over time.  You truly will have to understand what connects the two of you at any given moment because the connection is the actual relationship.

11. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Common values will keep a relationship going even when you have different tastes in music and other interests.  It's the big stuff that keeps it together, the small stuff doesn't matter so much as you can find joint interests as the relationship progresses.

12. ajuvr profile image67
    ajuvrposted 6 years ago

it's important not to relay ships ('sheep' as well)

13. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

common values 100%. i don't care in the least what music my wife likes and vice versa. what she does for fun and what i do are different in most cases also. respect and values are what matter, oh ya and good sex.

14. Bella Nina profile image74
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

Chemistry.  You'vd got to feel "it" with each other.  The relationship will grow and develop from there.  But, I think if you don't have the "chemicals" ~ forget it.

15. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

Love is the most important thing in all relationship, without which a relationship looses it tones and ryhthm

16. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Definitely not commonalities. Common values matter the most. If you have similarities then possibility is you both will end up doing same thing. But imagine if you are two different people, there is lot more to explore in each other. As far as you are an understanding person, everything is fine in a relationship.