jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What is the most important characteristic you look for in a friend?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

What is the most important characteristic you look for in a friend?

2. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

Honesty and trust. If there is no trust the relationship would be pointless. Move on.

3. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

the characteristic that i look for in a friend that is most important is that 'they have my back.'

4. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

I like friends that are kind, have some knowledge and they are fun to be around.

5. one2recognize2 profile image79
    one2recognize2posted 6 years ago

Characteristics I look for are honesty, loyalty and trust.  If you are missing any of the three they surely aren't friend material.

6. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

Loyalty, a loyal friend will stick with you through thick and thin, in good times and in bad times.

He is there in times of trouble and distress unlike fair weather friends.

If he is loyal he will not back bite you, he will defend you because he is loyal to you. A true friend you can count on, a friend you can trust

The synonym of loyalty can be loving kindness, meaning he loves you and treat you with kindness. Isn't that a good quality of a friend?

7. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Loyalty. I want a friend I know is in my corner no matter what. I also can't stand someone who talks about you behind your back and pretends to be your friend to your face.

8. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Respect,honesty and truthful.

If someone disrespects you,they never were a friend to begin with.

I have some lifelong friends and with that falling outs occur,but never disrespectful exchanges.

Respect is like trust, once lost it's almost impossible to regain.

9. proactrdv profile image69
    proactrdvposted 6 years ago

Trust and support is what I look for in a friend. A person who strives to do good and someone I would want to answer to if I'm not walking the straight and narrow. Not only that they must want ans seek guidance from you also.

10. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

The ability to connect (connectedness).  I love it when we find it easy to understand each other, communicate easily, and interpret feelings.

11. profile image56
    wim99posted 6 years ago

Traditional answers aside, when contemplating a friendship I look at character, which is assimilation of many importent traits in a nutshell.

12. thepediatriccare profile image61
    thepediatriccareposted 6 years ago

Definitely the person's sincerity towards the friendship is the most important character I would appreciate in my friend. Double faced and fraud people are real shame to friendship.

13. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

I cannot say there is just one. In fact, I am sorry to say that I have many qualifications before I call someone my "friend".

For me, faithfulness, and trustworthiness top the list. These qualities are non negotiable and are a requirement. And, as always, I would never ask someone to give me something that I wasn't willing to reciprocate.