jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you like person you have become? If not, what would you change?

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Do you like person you have become?  If not, what would you change?

2. iamageniuster profile image73
    iamageniusterposted 5 years ago

Yes, I like the person I have become. But I will keep improving.

3. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty much OK with the person I am on the inside.  That's mostly because it's easy enough to meet my own expectations of what a person should be, since those expectations are 1) to be a good person, and 2) to never intentionally hurt anyone or anything.  There are some minor (to me) things I wouldn't mind changing about who/what I am on the inside, but they're not enough to stop me from being generally OK with the person I am.

As far as what's on the outside goes, no.  I've never liked what I look like, and don't like it any better now that I'm not only grown but not getting any younger either.  When I was a kid I'd wonder what I'd look like ("turn into") when I grew up.  I imagined magically turning into someone who looked completely different.  Later, I grew up to learn that I look pretty much the same as I did back then - only taller and bigger and older-looking.  What a disappointment THAT was!!   (lol)

So, what I'd change would be what I look like (but it would have to be by magic, because I've never had any intention, and don't now either, of doing anything like getting plastic surgery or having a head transplant).   smile

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when I'm perfect in every way. Can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better lookin each day.

5. Teylina profile image59
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

I like the person I've become  (except for the economy!). Sure, there are things I'd change--but think that's true for most us) but nothing major. I was diagnosed in 1972 with manic- depression and have  emotionally hurt a lot of people I love because of it, I would definitely change that In the early '70's you didn't dare mention any mental problems.I was just a really messed up person who wanted to do things other people didn't approve of and, as my steel magnolia lady mother said, "there's always at least one black sheep in every family." I would have listened to the doctor. My problem isn't depression--it's mania, so I have unwittingly had a great life in some ways, but wish I had gone on to college  (3 professors told me to go for writing). I wish I had gone ahead and bit the bullet money-wise to get my epic edited and hopefully pub'd; I would have left my 1st husband much sooner, and I would have concentrated on the arts, instead of wasting decades making money for others.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

I, do like "me"........but I do not always like the way that others think that I am.

Being a "bottom line ", " get to the point" kind of person.....does not  invite a lot of compassion.

The Truth is, my compassion can bury the truth that I see.  At times, others can not relate to the depth of my feelings.

In my teachings, my experiences, my judgements.........I have learned to draw the "hard line in the sand"..........those who wear their feelings on their sleeves, just can not be expected to relate to this.   It is the cruelness of the world.

They are not " wrong" or " dismissed".......neither should, I be.

At the end of the day.........between the hours of doing, performing, thinking and planning...........in those few hours.............Yeah, I am "ok" with me.......even if others are not.

I do wish that we could better relate to one another.....but, yeah, I am "OK".