jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Are you the type of person who forgives, or someone who holds grudges?

1. Ranzi profile image82
    Ranziposted 5 years ago

Are you the type of person who forgives, or someone who holds grudges?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Never let the sun set on an argument or other disagrement, grudges will eat at you like a cancer.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I tend to readily forgive because it is hard for me to deal with the relational tension that holding a grudge brings. So, it is first of all for my own self to be able to keep sane. There are types, I know, who are not so bothered by relational tensions. Also, I've been around long enough to accept the fact that I can't change anyone else, unless they themselves want to change in the first place.

4. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

I find no benefit in holding grudges. So I forgive and I feel better when forgiving, because all what grudges do is to provide us useless negative energy. Time wasting and self demolition.

5. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I have learned to forgive. It took about 30 years of daily effort, but, boy, has it paid off!

6. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

I do not exactly forgive, but I do not hold a grudge either. If I hold a grudge I am not going to have any peace of mind and no one is worth it.

7. unknown spy profile image73
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

I forgive kind of person..i just forgive without them knowing sometimes but thigns will never be the same again.

8. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

I used to hold grudges when I was younger. But as I got older, I was just like who cares anymore. It's too much effort and also a waste of my time. 

Sometimes we just blow things out of proportion, but  I think the ones who are able to forgive in my opinion are the bigger person.

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i hold a grudge forever if it something serious. i never forgive and it makes me sick when i see people saying we should forgive. i will never become that weak.i don't hit the person or yell at them every time i see them but if they ask for a favor i tell them to give me a break and get out of my face.

10. Etherealenigma profile image77
    Etherealenigmaposted 5 years ago

You can forgive, but depending on what the person did, you may have to have the good sense to walk away & do a disconnect, because that person's intent or actions are harmful towards you. So, I will forgive, but in some cases, I can't afford to forget; & definitely have to put some space between myself & that individual.

11. gurupratapsingh profile image60
    gurupratapsinghposted 5 years ago

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
    If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
    If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
    The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
    Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
    For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

12. Shanaaya profile image60
    Shanaayaposted 5 years ago

we should forgive...holding grudges will take u nowhere...it will kill u slowly if that person really meant something to you.. and also everyone make mistakes.it is better to forgive...

13. Russ Fye profile image59
    Russ Fyeposted 5 years ago

I am a very forgiving person.  I have never understood reasoning of holding on to something negative.  I like to be at peace with myself and my God and Mother Nature, and allowing myself to forgive others keeps me on the right path. 

It might take me a little while to forgive, but in the end, I always do.  I also never like to go to bed upset with my spouse or children; life is too short and tomorrow isn't guaranteed.  So forgive, forget and move on because none of it will matter in a hundred years anyway, and it simply just feels better to not carry negative energy around with you (at least for me)!!!

Peace smile

working