jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

As a friend, would you side with a partner over the other in an argument if you

1. tobusiness profile image87
    tobusinessposted 5 years ago

As a friend, would you side with a partner over the other in an argument if you feel they were wrong

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

It depends on the dispute. Her interests come first, so don't tread on us. She will be defended by whatever means are necessary if she is threatened.

If, on the other hand, it's a silly argument at a cocktail party, she's on her own. I may even take the other side, all in good humor of course.

3. profile image55
    KLPRposted 5 years ago

Do you value friendship or integrity more? What good is a friendship without integrity as it's foundation?

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
      Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed! Well said

2. shiningirisheyes profile image61
      shiningirisheyesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I answered the question too, but I have to vote this answer up.  Great reply.

4. tonymead60 profile image92
    tonymead60posted 5 years ago

There's no need to worry in my case, my wife is always right! She says so!!!

5. Inspired to write profile image77
    Inspired to writeposted 5 years ago

As a friend, I would totally step outside the situation, & see it for what it is, therefore, I would 'explain' my true opinion once asked. I take no sides in such disputes just total openness & honesty.

However, it is how you handle the situation as a whole, & especially, your partner's point of view & feelings.

Regards Dale

6. Mr Love Doctor profile image65
    Mr Love Doctorposted 5 years ago

No.  Absolutely not.  If you stick your nose in their fight, you will lose both friends.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My spouse comes first, even if we don't always agree.  I would try not to take sides, that never turns out well.  But I would support my husband and then later discuss it if I thought he was really wrong.

8. shiningirisheyes profile image61
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not.  I have been in that situation and, when asked, I gave my opinion, although it may have felt like I was siding with the other person.  If I hadn't been asked, I would have waited until we were alone to explain my opinion.

9. chepkoluumugulel profile image76
    chepkoluumugulelposted 5 years ago

It depends on the effects if the argument. I will assess the situation first. If it is a life threatening situation, then I will do what is right, but if it just a mere opinion, then I will always side with my partner publicly whether he is wrong or right. But if he is wrong, we will discuss it further in the private of our own home. I don't believe is challenging my husband negatively in public and he does not believe in it either.

10. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

No, if their wrong, their wrong. I'm not sure I would correct them in public. It would also depend if the argument was over fact or opinion. If it was opinion, I would defend my partner's opinion unless I strongly disagreed with it, but if it was a fact, I'd most likely have to correct them.

11. Island Tropical profile image60
    Island Tropicalposted 5 years ago

sure, always...she is always right and there is a need to do that

12. michememe profile image77
    michememeposted 5 years ago

No. To know me is too know that I am fair, if my partner is wrong I will certainly inform him he is. I can't side with things that are not right for the sake of getting along and vs. versa. Anyone I have had dealings with knew that about me.

13. profile image60
    themasterchoiceposted 5 years ago

Depends on the temperament of my friend and my partner and how hot is the argument growing.. ;-)

14. profile image0
    SparrowMinistriesposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub as an answer but I think I misunderstood the question.  I answered as if I am friends with a couple who are arguing, would I take sides.  Some people answered if you would side with your partner or your friend if they were arguing, would you side with your partner even if your partner was wrong?  In that case I think I would stay out of it.

15. Aisha Jilani profile image60
    Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years ago

yes why not, its not a big deal the person who is wrong is wrong anyways.

16. LilaDaley profile image63
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

I always side with my husband even if he is wrong.  No matter with it's with his family or mine.  If we disagree then we discuss it in private but you always side with your spouse.

working