jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

If someone has cheated, do you forgive them?

1. profile image53
    lilmama4273posted 5 years ago

If someone has cheated, do you forgive them?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'd probably forgive them once I'd ended the relationship forever.  No real point holding a grudge once one dumps someone like a hot potato.   smile

1. profile image53
      lilmama4273posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean. I would end the relationship myself since they weren't thinking about me during the relationship.

3. ExpressFree profile image75
    ExpressFreeposted 5 years ago

The fact of being cheated by someone is not good.  It usually results to anger, hurt and pain knowing that someone you care and love betrayed your trust.  But there is no point on dwelling on all of these negative emotions for too long.  The best way is to accept the reality, move on and forgive the person. Try to see this situation as a blessing in disguise for you.  There are always a good reason why such a bad thing happen.  All you can do is to look forward and have a positive mind set and learn the lesson from that bad circumstances.  Sooner, you will find someone that is worthy of your love and trust.  Maybe that person who cheated on you is not the right person for you....

1. profile image53

This is very insightful and I love how you move on from the relationship.

4. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

Theres no piont in hold a grudge, so yea I would forgive them as well as end the relationship all together. They cheated on you for a reason. Also they must not have been thinking of you while they were in the act.

1. profile image53

It is good to be able to move on. And looks like you would move on with your life if it were ever to happen to you.

5. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Relationships can be tough, and finding out someone has cheated on you is even tougher. This article is an answer to a Q&A, which is meant to provide help for those who find it hard to forgive, but also it informs folks of ways to detect the staging of such an unfaithful act ahead of time. read more

1. profile image53

Yes, relationships are very tough and learn and growing is the only way to move forward in or out of a relationship.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I will likely to forgive.

It is painful and hurtful to oneself when you are bearing the grudges or hatred, so forgiving and forgetting the matter will not only be good for yourself but in health as well.

1. profile image53

I applaud you for being able to forgive. However until you are in this situation then it is really hard to accept. You see I was cheated and I did forgive him and tried to make it work, but end we were just in the wrong relationship.

working