jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How do you feel about two people meeting each other through social media?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

How do you feel about two people meeting each other through social media?

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

i don't agree with it but i would not tell anyone what to do,to me its like picking a name out of phone book and calling some one and sharing all about yourself just not what i would want to do to find love.

3. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure if you mean romantically, but... I've met a bunch of people from Twitter! Some of my close friends, actually. I am very very thankful for it bringing us together, I value my friendships with those people a lot. smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It's not how you meet but who you meet that counts!

5. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Let me tell you a story:

I'm an artist, and I belong to quite a few art groups that are organized through social media. Two years ago, when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer, an artist friend I knew online,who I'd met with for lunch only once, dropped everything, including her own family, and drove eight hours to stay with me for a week after I had surgery, so I wouldn't have to manage by myself.

So, I feel great about meeting people through social media.

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 2 years agoin reply to this

There are so many amazing people out there smile I wish we'd focus more on the goodness in others.

6. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I have a friend who actually met her husband through social media and they have been married for 8 years now. Happily as far as I know. When you know, you know, guess it really doesn't matter how you meet them.

7. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I met my current hubby through an online venue and so happy I had that opportunity he's amazing and we would not have likely encountered one another otherwise.  If you use common sense, it's no more dangerous to meet someone you've talked to online than it is to meet a stranger out in public.  People are so darn paranoid these days.  The vast majority of human beings are decent people despite what the media feeds us wink

That being said, we actually connected through a local website forum where people were discussing local interests and events etc.  After talking for a long time after that, we decided to meet and when we did it was amazing. We had talked before so it wasn't awkward, no pick up lines necessary lol.  It was a great experience.

8. profile image54
    Pauline borjaposted 2 years ago

There are disadvantage and advantage on meeting new peole from social media.

it's how you meet the person counts. there's nothing wrong on having a new friend thru social media but the thing is you should know your limitation. Talking with them thru social media is also a way of having someone stranger to listen when you needed one. But as i've said be aware and don't trust too much get to know him/her well before planning on meeting them personally.