is it ok to sleep with your friend

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image49
    craftywhitchposted 13 years ago

i just want to know if it is ok to have sex with your friend when he is in a relationship and he said relationships are not meant to last

1. Anath profile image61
      Anathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does it really matter? 

It sounds like it's done already so the question is meaningless.

1. The Power Glider profile image59
        The Power Gliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am stunned that the question is even asked.  My question is, why would you feel that it would be ok?  Have we as a culture gone so far afield that we've lost sight of something as simple as that?

2. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd pretty much say it isn't OK, and it isn't too smart either; because this so-called friend pretty much seems like a sleazy and misguided friend to boot.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well aren't YOU a crafty Whitch! hmm

My friend said exactly the same thing to me... But He's Gay and I'm Not! roll

Ho - Ho - How old Are You? hmm

1. katiem2 profile image59
          katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO.... thanks Pearldiver I needed that.  big_smile

4. Ben Evans profile image64
        Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Off course it is not okay!  Why would it be okay to hurt someone and even if this other woman does not know she was hurt.

5. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there is no way i would sleep with my friend...

the whole 'he has a penis' thing is a REAL turn off

6. wildorangeflower profile image61
        wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NAH, friends indeed in times of need

7. profile image0
        michelelavellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you really ask this question?????? wow!

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you're joining a site and jumping into a forum to ask this one?

9. profile image0
        cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

who cares what he says? that is just an excuse for him to have his cake and eat it too...

10. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well he had no problem sleeping with me, so yeah it's ok! heehee

11. lady_love158 profile image61

Yes, but only if he buys you gifts and takes you out for an expensive dinner.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. lady_love158 profile image61

or cash is good!

12. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

only if this friend is in a open relationship with his girlfriend, then i guess that would be okay, as it's your choice.  however, if not, then I would say no.  it's never good to be involved in a situation like that, as any guy that says, "relationships aren't meant to last" might do the same thing to you once you get together with him.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
          schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly what I was gonna say, He'll do it to you! ha ha

1. LondonGirl profile image82
            LondonGirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"A man who marries his mistress creates a vacancy"

13. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kharma is the word, "Bird is another word"

14. Kaybomb31 profile image56
        Kaybomb31posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A better question would be: Why would someone undermine their own self worth with someone who never intends to give them a real relationship? Is the sex really worth it?

15. zduckman profile image61
        zduckmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless his realtionship is "open" it is not ok. I would say this is a definate no no.

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

How much do you understand the word "integrity"?

If you have no understanding of that word, then by all means, look it up before you decide to sleep with someone who is supposedly in a relationship.

This should be a warning sign to you about your friend's integrity, let alone a wake up call to you about your own.

Just a thought. smile

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years ago

How would you feel if the person you thought you were in a relationship with suddenly told you they had been having sex with someone else, and what they had with you wasn't meant to last?

If you are going to be non-monogamous, at least be ethical about it.  Which is another way of saying, unless all the romantic partners of the person you want to have sex with know about it and are okay with you having sex with that person, don't do it.

1. profile image49
        craftywhitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes i know he is a good friend and i thought he was joking at the time i am not like this i really dont know what got into me but in my last relationship i was the other woman and didnt know about it and then had it done to it is too late now but i have learnt my lesson i just want to remain friends with him it has upset me about what i done

2. katiem2 profile image59
        katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said relache,  If your a swinger and run in a crowd of swingers than it's a go.  But the population in general (non swingers) don't like swapping or sharing and take great offense.  If everyone is okay with it and informed.

No one can be okay with something if their not informed and given a choice...

3. zduckman profile image61
        zduckmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen ....good answer. Do unto others , right
        :-)

4. TerryGl profile image56
      TerryGlposted 13 years ago

No.

It's not ok.

5. CYBERSUPE profile image61
      CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Just how can it be OK ?  Is there no longer honor and trust in our society? It seems that we live in an age "if it feels good just DO IT"

6. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

We all make our own choices and must live with the consequences.
      It is not anyone else's responsibility to make your choice for you nor is it their right.  Ultimately you know what is wrong and what is right and it is up to you to choose what you wish to do.

7. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

OP - Joins HP to attend a confessional
      Opens a thread to total strangers
      Bleats about some fictitious event
      (which could have been a tree falling in the forest somewhere)
      Gets told straight by the hubber's
      Arghhhhhhhhhh Feel Sooooooo Much Better now....
      Let's the thread die
      Goes and does exactly what it was going to anyway..... hmm

Phew.... Just another One Night Stand Passing through.. on HubPages roll

WTF... Do these Empty People come from? hmm

And WTF... Can they do this BS Here on a regular basis? hmm

8. srwnson profile image60
      srwnsonposted 13 years ago

Strange that someone would ask such a question. I would say that sleeping with a friend would be okay if they weren't in another relationship. Sometimes friendships blossom between uncomitted adults.

9. beebong profile image57
      beebongposted 13 years ago

Relationships work if both people have love and respect in their hearts for each other. Therefore casual sex is not a good idea with friends partners-it damages respect and hurts people when they realise they have been cheated.

10. minxibell profile image59
      minxibellposted 13 years ago

sometimes things happen we let them when maybe we shouldn`t but we learn from it.

If he is the one in a relationship & your not, he is the one in the wrong.
      morally you probably shouldn`t do it knowing his in a relationship but you cant be blamed for his actions.

11. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

I think it's ok so long as you bring your teddy bear and don't indulge in a threesome.

12. sabrinaaq profile image60
      sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

NO! NOT AT ALL! You have to think about that other person in his life and how that would make them feel. He is just trying to get more.

13. profile image48
      swiftkicksposted 13 years ago

You don't sound like a good person to me. Of course it's not okay. 

What comes around goes around. Choose wisely.

14. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

stupid is as stupid does.

15. libby101a profile image60
      libby101aposted 13 years ago

This is the sort of stuff that causes people to kill others! If this person is in a relationship then he is cheating... and if you are sleeping with this person, knowing he or she is in a relationship then that makes you a home wrecker!

As humans we should learn to have a little respect for others, and most of all ourselves. How can you respect yourself if you are sleeping with someone elses mate? How would you feel if you were in a relationship and later on you find out they had cheated on you with someone who you thought was just a "friend". After you have a sexual relationship with this person they become more than friends... you become "lovers".

This is immoral and wrong! Remember, what goes around comes around! What you do will come back to haunt you! Good luck with that one!

16. fucsia profile image59
      fucsiaposted 13 years ago

Maybe you should not ask this question to us but to yourself: is it ok? Answer to youself with sincerity. We can tell you yes or no, but you ... Do you really not know the answer?

1. mrfluffy profile image59
        mrfluffyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point, most people know the answer before they ask the question, they are just thinking out loud.

And no it’s not all right unless all parties are aware and understand, even then there are other unanswered questions.

17. S. Jordan profile image78
      S. Jordanposted 13 years ago

First of all, why would you want to sleep with someone that's in a relationship? Second,why are you even considering sleeping with your "friend"? Third, how would you feel if it was your bf sleeping with his so called friend? This sounds like a bad idea waiting to happen. People get hurt over mess like this! Don't do it!

18. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

As they say everyone has the right to be heard under a "fair judge." Were you sober at the time of the act? If yes, what prompted you to perform the act? Did the act interest you in any way? And if Yes, do you intend to do it again? These are the questions you have to wonder about? How ever much we might say, they could all fall on dead ears.

By the look of things, you are up to for the next episode.

19. inspiredbydg profile image61
      inspiredbydgposted 13 years ago

We are all in it to win it.

What makes one truly free is to sleep with many.

What makes one truly free is to sleep with one.

There is no rule for all people.

Find what is decent, pleasing for oneself that's what's important.

1. Kaybomb31 profile image56
        Kaybomb31posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very philosophical point of view. I just wonder respectfully: where do a person's emotions come into play here? Especially a womans, as we all know men and women feel quite differently about sex.
        However, there is a certain beauty to your words...

20. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

If you have to ask, you must already know it is questionable.

21. Catering101 profile image60
      Catering101posted 13 years ago

It's probably ok to sleep with a friend when both of you may realized that you have feelings for each other. But definitely NOT ok if there's a gf or bf involved while you're doing it.
      You have already made the situation complicated by sleeping with your friend, more so if you you're going to be the third wheel.

22. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 13 years ago

No, he is just a jerk. wait till he breaks up with her, then that winner is all yours.use a condom.....

23. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

If both of you are free and single consenting adults, I guess it is ok.  But if either of you, or both of you, are involved with someone else, then that is cheating and might cause you a relationship or your marriage.  What we see on television is not real.. people get hurt.  I don't like being hurt, so I won't do something that might hurt someone else on purpose.

Have a nice day,
      Rosie

24. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

No, that is why he/she is called a friend, not a lover or a bf.

Unless you have a consensual agreement, friends with carnal benefits? LOL

25. yssubramanyam profile image61
      yssubramanyamposted 11 years ago

Sex is the only field to unite and become one to help nature in reproduction to continue creation. Please do not consider it as mere tool to satisfy with biological performance dynamics. that is why we are called human.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)