Let's have a polite discussion of religious beliefs

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 162 discussions (789 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 11 years ago

that's a mind ?? Well that was scary !!!! OMG !...if there's 1 !

2. earnestshub profile image85
    earnestshubposted 11 years ago

Why is anyone still bothering with this obnoxious, brain dead religious zealot?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree earnest, if this guy is speaking for god I know I don't want to be a christian.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image61
      quietnessandtrustposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even a fool knows where to find water.smile

1. earnestshub profile image85
        earnestshubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In that case you would be drowning!

3. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 11 years ago

Ummmm 2 things:

1-I said before that I am a nobody and said that I know nothing outside of what I receive, so it's pure b.s. soldier, that you said I won't admit this or that...read my other postings before you run head first into an assumption. As a Marine you should know better!!!

What???...do I have to say it with every post soldier?

2- You assume that I was taught that there is THE MESSIAH.

You are now 2 for 2.

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol Does red mean you are angry?

What exactly do you receive? Why do you need to receive anything? Lead yourself.

The messiah was taught to you from someone or a book. If you say it wasn't, it's pure ignorance.

4. tantrum profile image59

The truth is.... I'm really bored lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image80
      Eaglekiwiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Only boring people get bored..smile

party on the other thread..happy hour

dont come emptyhanded ! cool

tantrumposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that your TRUTH ? How boring lol

ouch! sorry was that too close to the bone lol

5. Eaglekiwi profile image80
    Eaglekiwiposted 11 years ago

Jesus didnt condone violence and taught at all times we were to strive to get along with people.

So quiet I do not see how you can justify your attitudes? in fact theres 'quiet' is not the sound I hear coming from your personality. smile

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Matthew Chapter 11

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force as a precious prize--a share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion.

Just one example...it does not mean just be violent physically.

Another example of the reason why HE came.

Matthew 10:33-35

33But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.

34Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35For I have come to part asunder a man from his father, and a daughter from her mother, and a newly married wife from her mother-in-law.

Those instructions were for Jesus ! not you or I

love one another ( thats everyone) as I have loved you ( Gods word)

Love ,faith ,hope and the GREATEST of those is LOVE

And just how is that? Please explain and expound on this. smile

Was He talking to Himself?

33But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.

34Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword

Jesus is saying what HE will do...

Jesus says I ( NOT ) this is your task...

No he said...Strive for peace, be humble, gentle...

let your words be as a soothing balm oh theres much more..but basically he urged his followers to be lovers not fighters!!

You do not understand the original language here. To bring a sword between relatives for HIS names sake is a very violent thing. We are swords in HIS hands at times. Again, read how the Apostle Paul esp. spoke at times.

And to not deny HIM before men is again a very violent thing, it goes against all that we are inside and it takes courage to confess HIM.

You said HE did not condone violence and that is true, physical violence.
              I am not talking about physical violence, nor do I do that.

When I am challenged, I rise to the challenge and take it by force, not physical force, by words, casting down all thoughts that exalt themselves against GOD.

A sword brings a cutting BEFORE it brings a healing. Just like surgery.

Shalom

Jesus is the Surgeon , not us smile

6. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 11 years ago

@Quietnessandtrust You're scaring people.... nobody's gonna like christianity with your interpretation.... Dude show some "christian" love. lol... how about...

"love thy neighbour as thyself". smile

I quoted THE MESSIAH and everything HE said was said because HE is love and was meant and communicated by that LOVE.

It does not mean it does not offend people, even HIS own students were offended by HIS teachings. Love speaks THE TRUTH, that is what it does.

THE TRUTH can be and often is very, very, very painful, but facing is and embracing it is less painful than ignoring it.

I am often misunderstood and am use to it.

I speak the truth "because" of love and a willingness to tell it like it is without reservation.

I do not do the political correctness plastic Pollyanna parrot speak.

THE TRUTH will set you free if you embrace it and obey it all.smile

Shalom

I think this man said it best and he does not even talk like me.

"Bibowen
      63 posts
      Hubs: 7
      Fans: 10
      Warning! Lecture Ahead....

There is too much preoccupation with method. The most important thing is what is being said, not how it is delivered. If you have to be softened, coddled, soothed every time you hear something, you are not going to know much that is worth knowing. In fact, your world is going to be a small one.

So if he uses bold print? It's his quarter to spend. In the Old Testament, God told the prophets to preach to the people of judgment to come. They were as offensive as this guy. And how did people respond? About the same as on here. They stopped their ears; they didn't want to hear it. It wasn't sophisticated. They were stoned, beaten and sawed in two for proclaiming an unpopular message to people who had to be verbally stroked before they could listen.

Wipe your feelings off your sleeves. If you oppose people's views, expect to be hit back. If you don't want to be hit, go bake cookies and then send us all some. I work hard (overtime) never to take the comments personally.

Yes, that was a lecture, but I told you it was before I started..."

1. JonTutor profile image60
        JonTutorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not really getting it.... Do ya think your getting anybody to see your POV..... Dude I'm 20 but I still get it when somebody mocks me.... Having a "message" is one thing.... being qualified to be a "messenger" is another thing.... gotta learn.... art of presentation and persuasion...... May I suggest.... read Dale Carnegie. smile

quietnessandtrustposted 10 years agoin reply to this

To him that has ears to hear...let him hear...the message of THE TRUTH does NOT change in order for all to hear it.

1. JonTutor profile image60
            JonTutorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do you have the credibility?.... if not.... your version of "Truth".... nobody's gonna believe. smile

7. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

And to think I used to wonder why they threw the christians to the lions. LOL

lol Ive met some zealots for real and wow, aggressive and scary..nothing like I know Gods mercy and compassion to be.

2. earnestshub profile image85

smile

Now they just throw them into the Religious Forum tongue

Besides Id rather eat chinese lol

I suppose us agnostics and atheists are filling in for the lions now.  Plenty to eat though.

2. Bibowen profile image94
        Bibowenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, you're a real funny guy...

Yes, they would toss them and their children to the lions. I suppose the crunching and snapping of their bones while the lions descend on them has a certain appeal to the atheist mind.

Then there's Blandina, a slave girl, that was tortured for her faith until even her torturers were exhausted. Her response back to their inquisitions was "I am a Christian; among us no evil is done." In the end, she was allowed to watch her other compatriots tortured. Then they took her, scourged her, tied her to a red-hot grate. In the end, she did not die and so she was thrust through with a dagger.

And there are the Christians and their children that would be placed in sacks with scorpions and tossed into the water to drown.

The pagan Romans had a lot of great ideas for murderous atheists. Get Foxe's Book of Martyrs and check them out.

lol do you not see? This is where your arguements come from.

You bring up things "atheist's" have done in the past, now an athiest will bring up something a "christian" has done in the past. Both are childish generalizations. This is why individuals should individualize rather than group belief.

This is why you both go in circles.

This is true and is why I think it is funny for fanatics to take the high road.  Many people, including children have been horribly treated because of the parents inability to let others believe what they will.  The children suffer because the parents aren't satisfied with choosing what to believe themselves, they won't rest until others agree with them to the point of aggravating others to the point of exasperation.

Excellent enlightened comment. Thanks for adding that.

If you really believe what you said above, you don't get out much. For you to single out devout religious homes in the way you have is nothing but religious bigotry.

I have been around Christian children for years. For the most part they don't look or act oppressed. They grow up, get married, have children, enjoy life. I have seen some that think that their parent's faith is like a prison to them and they can't wait until they get out of the house. Perhaps, the way you describe it is how it happened to you. Well, not everyone is like you.

But that sense of being "in prison" is not unique to religious homes. I have seen children in nonreligious homes scream and curse at their parents for keeping them "in prison." Parents who, by the way, were not even that strict. Adolescent rebellion of parental authority is no respecter of religious persuasion.

You only allow as optional things that you don't think are important. I believe their souls are at stake, so, no, I don't treat it as optional while they are children. Of course, when they are older, they can choose.

I suppose you would let a child choose to be a fascist or a racist. Those things are not criminal. Would you deny letting your child wear an SS uniform or the garb of a Grand Imperial Wizard? Attend a neo-Nazi rally where they are going to stand on the street corner, mock Jews as they are attending synagogue? If you are a good parent you would not let him do those things. The point of parenting is to train them in the right direction and then let them go.

I don't know if you are a parent or not, but if you are, I should not have to tell you those things....

8. kmackey32 profile image68
    kmackey32posted 11 years ago

Polite? HAHA now that is funny...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amazingly enough it actually was for awhile.  Then "the truth" showed up...........

The truth is so important to hear that it must be ranted and raved.  Pitiful bastard

The "truth" took one of the best religious threads we have and filled it with hate.

..and then ended it with Shalom..(rolls my eyes)

I'm actually very happy with the results.  Some of the most opinionated hubbers exchanged viewpoints respectfully and openly without the usual fisticuffs.  One loud-mouthed ignoramus, pissed off at the world cause he can't get laid does not offset the good things we experienced here.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image80

lol Im tryin to be good...but I swear  if the neighbor dont turn down bruce springsteen ,im gonna preach to him about being reborn in the usa at the top of my lungs at 7am lol j/k hes really a nice guy , just LOUD

I can stand the ranting and raving (Messiah complex?) but the boring sermons and scripture are too much.

Interesting that your profile is that of a snake becaue MESSIAH came and CRUSHED the head of the serpent. big_smile

Ya probably took a wrong turn maybe then Randy lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Again...I said "The Serpent"...not "a" serpent (physical).

Your not gettin it..... the whole bloody site is sick to death of you. Your a bigot and a Zealot

THE TRUTH stands alone, far above your understanding. GOD is not mocked, a fool can say is not real, it changes nothing.

Don't worry about this kook earnest, I'm laughing my crushed serpent head off at him.  I think he's just pretending to be this obnoxious.  Either that or needs serious help.

3. Bibowen profile image94

This guy really knows how to push your buttons...

Indianapolis, it was you that had the idea about the polite discussion on religious beliefs.....how's it goin?

9. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Gods word is symbolic for the sword

Since Jesus came to supersede the laws of the Old Testament.

So ALL authority came via the word ,and not through prophets any longer.

Since the word can be considered for instruction ,healing and edification , Jesus also taught it was to be used primarily for teaching of Gods Love.

(If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me)

He said , If I have the gift of prohecy and not love my brother ,I am just an empty vessel...more

He ends by saying ..If you have all these talents and still not love your brother , you have not love , therefore not from God.

That is my reaction to your preaching , words, without love.

Thats is how I want to lift Jesus up , listen to people, respect people ,dont judge , love them.

10. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Behold the kindness and the severity of GOD.

HE is not one way or the other, HE is both and so am I.

No, you are irrelevant.

2. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sir, you really just don't make any sense. It is way more than you being "misunderstood."
      You are not "kind".

Gohome.

11. Eaglekiwi profile image80

You are so heavenly minded
    You are of no earthly good

quote came to mind I read somewhere.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Thank God Im not eating an apple lol

13. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 11 years ago

I enjoyed your forum very much Ron. I'm sorry it ended up this way hmm

It lasted much longer than I anticipated.  Thanks for participating.

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True. You're welcome smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Aww its over because ...

15. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Interesting that I came here for the first time about 30 hours ago and your forum has grown by 18 pages.big_smile

Thats because you filled them with crud. To find where this hub was, you would need to go back to page14. The rest has been abusive, arrogant abuse from you.

Of course, crud, not truth, is his forte.  Anyway, there have been crud posters a lot more intelligent than he.

16. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

A VIRUS INFECTED A FORUM
    IT WAS CHIDED FOR LACK OF DECORUM
    IT'S POSTINGS WERE ODD
    MINDLESS RANTINGS FROM GOD?
    IN THE END WE SIMPLY INGNORED IM

1. Bibowen profile image94

You should get a job at Hallmark.

What?  You haven't seen Ron's Happy Hallmark cupcakes?  He's making a fortune on them.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am getting sick of cupcakes, I decided to bring the donuts
          http://www.bakerboy.com/images/Photos/Large/donuts.jpg

Is that butter in the middle of that one donut? What a fat pill....

Nope, I think it's Parkay.

LOL ROFLOL....great line

A BIT LATE TO SUCK UP NOW

And exactly how is me laughing at Bidbowen's comment sucking up to the guy who wrote the one about the virus?

My mistake, I got so used to your abuse, I assumed this was more of the same. Your fault I fear! smile

Hummmm...yeah, one needs be very careful before one replies, that is yet another time I have seen you do this "mis-reading of a quote" and making a comment that is incorrect. A little anxious are we?

Speaking of quotes...you right here just said "my mistake" and then in the same moment you say it's "your fault" (meaning mine)....

A contradiction in the English language.

Yeh whatever, picking up gnats and ignoring the elephant!

Why yes, one can do that when one has his elephant trained with voice command. In fact, one can teach ones elephant to pick up said gnats for him while one sips ones coffee.

2. profile image0

Sounds like you don't understand what you read very well.  Might want to read your bible again.  You might learn something new.

17. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Ignoring THE TRUTH does not make it go away anymore than ignoring a wet diaper makes it go away. You have to change it.

18. quietnessandtrust profile image61

No matter "how use" you are to a weapon being unloaded, you must check it first before you use it.

"I got so use to....".....is the reason/excuse you gave for your last blunder.smile

19. quietnessandtrust profile image61

It would appear that your spell checker is broken as well.

Now that is petty, we don't do the "you made an error" na na na  rain dance around here.

20. quietnessandtrust profile image61

I have found that when an "atheist" or an "agnostic" or an "unbeliever" is losing an argument, they always resort to the "your rude" excsuce.

Back to screaming at people again eh? See your typo?

1. candice5 profile image59
        candice5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is this Usmanali???????????

No candice this guy has been here a while, has written hubs as well. He is out of the same mold, different religion smile

I( am not so sure Usman wasn't a Muslim, he got too many things wrong, I just read this and it was pure usmanali to me anmyway. I have had a couple of Tiquilas so maybe the usmanali factor feeling of it is him,  may be gone by the morrow.smile I m goin to look over his Hubs.

Your fine candice, no he has written a few hubs and been here 3 months. His hubs and profile are really weird and full of fundamentalist statements, so he is well within character

We have just taken a look at the Front page Jugment by 3 others sitting in here "A Worry" We have a guy that drives around in this locality with words the end is near on his van, all grotty and dribbled paint, he looks like this guy, has the most atrocious driving. He is a religious fan atic, but I often wonder if the words are away of staying Keep Clear. smile Are you allowed to smile on the Religious Forums, all seems GLUM!

I'm pretty sure smiling is OK smile smile

Phew wasn't sure if it was a sin or not. Although apparently did you know that now we are under Grace there is a possibility we might be able to break the odd commandment. I don't actually understand this one.

Nope

Nope

Yes I see the typo in the word "excuse" and I thank you for pointing it out to me. I will pay closer attention.

I make no excuse for missing it. smile

Bold is not screaming...I have been that CAPS IS SCREAMING, and bold CAPS is even louder!!! smile

21. earnestshub profile image85
    earnestshubposted 11 years ago

Spot on observation smile Yes I find them all pretty much the same. They come on screaming that they are the one who is gonna gobble up everyone and start off aggressive. When you take the argument up to them a few times, they back down eventually and disappear.
    I studied religions for many years, so no good comes to them from lying to me about it and making opinion fact. smile The funny thing is they all attack others, then when they get a bit back they seem to genuinely not understand why! smile

22. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Yea it works best if you use the same weapon he uses ,only use ammo in yours  lol

I seriously think he thinks hes like a prophet or was sent here to be like John the Baptist or  a God warrior....heaven help us
    from those deluded wackos!

But God is still on the throne smile

This is the problem with "divine intervention". Some think they are chosen/favored over another for having a different belief.

Yep although Ive seen arrogance from all kinds of people ,it respects no race ,creed or religion...welcome to humanity huh

I think humanity will begin when the majority of us begin to act like humans instead of animals.

23. Randy Godwin profile image60

"Beware of false prophets" or those who think they are prophets.  These are common down here in the bible belt.  They take names like-Prophet William,Prophet Mary etc.  My wife's uncle and aunt own their own church and call themselves prophet and apostle so and so.  As far as I know, none of these "prophets have ever predicted anything which has ever come true.  Well, perhaps the amount of money they foretold they would make off of the "believers" may be correct.  P.T. Barnum was right.

1. profile image0

ZOMG, Randy, do you ever sleep? lol  You are the first poster I see everday!

Yea I guess the downside of "freedom of speech" sigh.

The only place they are allowed (or welcomed) to do that is in the town squares on set days ,usually lunchtimes.
        Theres a wizard and a preacher amd both draw lunchtime crowds.
        They can get very assertive , but so far no over the top aggression..although sometimes the odd spectator or passer bye gets verbally hyper lol

2. marinealways24 profile image60

lol Are you from South Carolina? I feel like I am dead center of the bible belt.

Nope, south Georgia, home of snake handlers, tongue talkers and even nuttier fundamentalists than post here, believe it or not.  Home to all kinds of holy rollers who think their belief is the one true religion.  Most inherited from their parents.

I would love to see a snake handlers service.  I saw a documentary on them once that was truly shocking.  They come close to making THE TRUTH seem thoughtful by comparison.............close

They still take place in very rural areas but are kept quiet for the most part.  Occasionally someone dies from being bitten but this can be covered up sometimes.  Often the snakes are milked before a service or the fangs (a rattler has several sets) are pulled to help God along with his faithful.  MY dad talked about how a traveling revival preacher was going to walk on water to show his faith at one of these back country meetings.  The board he had secreted just below the surface of the water was removed shortly before his "exhibition of his faith in god."  Needless to say, he made a big "splash."

24. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 11 years ago

Where did everyone go?

25. Randy Godwin profile image60

To bibowen, did you inherit your religious beliefs from your parents or did you examine all religions before making up your mind about Christianity?

Great try, although predictable. First, no one could ever investigate all religions; your life isn't long enough. Second, attempting some sort of exhaustive investigation of religions only makes sense if you are not satisfied with the one that you have. As for me, I believe that God exists and has decisively revealed Himself in Jesus. I don't just believe "in it"; I believe it's true. When Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life," I believe Him. Those that say differently confront the reality that "let God be true, but every man a liar." That applies to me as well as everyone else.

Those that are not convinced of the truth of Christianity, that's of no effect to me. Because you are not convinced, why should I dismiss my experiences as veridical? What the Bible says comports with my experience: what it says about the created order, what it says about man, and the general wisdom it conveys. I am rational to accept my experiences as a Christian as true, bar any defeater of those experiences.

Those that say that "you can't know" or "I don't know" sound like the sad voices on hubpages who say you can't be successful at it because they have not been. Many of you that are reading this have had success at hubpages and you know that such complaints reflect their lack of knowledge.

If you wanted to improve your hub page score, who would you listen to: those that don't know (or say that you can't know) or those that say that success is possible?

I did notice you avoided my first question.  I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part or perhaps you think you just got lucky in inheriting the right beliefs while other who inherited the wrong ones will go to hell. LOL

2. Spaghetti Monster profile image60
        Spaghetti Monsterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Verily - this one speaks the TRUTH. Merely because you have not been touched by My Noodly Appendage, that does not mean others have not. Thus - you should believe them.

Many would say that this argument is self-serving, meaningless, and an attempt to distract from the real discussion, but this is not the case. This poor mis-guided soul has unfortunately chosen the wrong Deity, which does not exist.

This very night - one of you will be Chosen and Touched. This one will be my spokesperson to destroy the Evil, Political Religions claiming the earth. No more will the faithful be maimed, murdered and maligned in the name of another, weak, invisible God.

Let there be Pasta.

Ramen.

Spaghetti Monster--I remember atheists saying that you didn't exist but I never doubted. I'll bet you even fly.

1. Spaghetti Monster profile image60

LIAR !

FOOL !

I see through your lies, deception and adherence to the jewish political god. No more materialism, money counting. I say NO!

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY - FOOL.

This night I will Touch the helmet of this one:

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1466767_177.jpg

And He will be the Anointed One, to bring peace to the religions - coming as he does, after the imitators.

Heed My Words, FOOL.

Oh, he's jewish, is he? Is that a problem?

One fool anointing another brings about 2 fools.

26. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

Hmmm...I'm confused.

According to the perfect word of God, which is to be taken quite literally of course:

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

You mean sometimes this doesn't play out?

Occasionally, true faith is tempered with common sense.  But not very often down here it seems.

27. Randy Godwin profile image60

The speakers in tongues make sounds like yabba dabba do, over and over again.  It's amazing how the preacher can interpret these few words into a full account of religious meaning.

28. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

Wow! Isn't this THE PROOF of THE TRUTH!

*Bowing in a hope of being touched by her noodly appendage again*

Ramen smile

29. RooBee profile image90
    RooBeeposted 11 years ago

Be quiet and trust in me. Shhhhhhhh, lie down now little sheep. Don't say anything, certainly don't question almighty capitalization, and trust that my ranting is the only way of believing in this vast world.

30. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Long before Jack said it...“you can't handle the truth!!!” 
    GOD said it even better “only the FOOL says in his heart, 'there is no GOD'”
    This is just one of many TRUTH'S that come from the source of all TRUTH.
    And that IS...THE TRUTH.

NOTHING you can say will EVER change THE TRUTH.

Religion does not contain “all truth”...THE TRUTH stands alone and far above everything men can understand in his finite mind.

Again, not an opinion, not a religion and not something to be grasped.

THE TRUTH is ALL-Knowing and we are NOT.

31. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Yep, plenty of false prophets running around the country today and when I see one or hear one, I expose them openly, not afraid to do it either.

Yep, plenty of people in some circles pretending to "do the works of Jesus in HIS name"...and they know HIM not and are in for a rude awakening.

Yep, plenty of fools going around in some parts handling snakes like a circus show, nothing new here, presumptuousness can be found in many circles.

Yep, lots of folks proclaim and do a lot of things in religious circles, nothing new there either.

THE TRUTH condones none of these things that ignorant, assuming, small minded people do, none of it!!!

THE TRUTH does not need "help" from men who pretend they know HIM and do all manner of foolishness in HIS name, like a side show act and deceiving many in the country and around the world.

If one knows THE TRUTH, HIS discernment is given to him and he cannot be tricked by a lie because he can see into the hearts of men.

There are plenty of lies in religion and I often call them on it and point out to them the errors they sell.

I am not a respecter of any mans person, I tell them the truth no matter what, and that without fear of they're faces. smile

What about you TRUTHMEISTER, did ypu inherit your religion too?  Really, how did you come to these conclusions?  And another question, weren't you the mutant on the movie TOTAL RECALL?  You know, the one with the extra creature growing out of his stomach, and which of those heads are you using to think with? LOL

THE MIND OF MESSIAH is NOT a religion big_smile

32. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Many have "attempted" to "put a label" on this no body.

No body wares a label.

Not Christian.

Not Religious.

Not Fundamentalist.

Not Liberal.

Not Conservative.

Not Zelot.

Simply put...If it is THE TRUTH...I believe what is said.

33. RooBee profile image90
    RooBeeposted 11 years ago

I was touched by the great noodly appendage and was accepted, forgiven, and given a nifty souvenir to take home. You will know us by the macaroni necklaces we bear...

Mockery, rebellion, scorn, pride and haughtiness.

Will get you a large serving of FEAR.

How are you going to do that ?? Are you david copperfield ? lol

I have never seen a serving of fear.. How does it taste ? lol

2. Spaghetti Monster profile image60

SHUT UP FOOL !

I eat US NAVY SEALS FOR BREAKFAST.

They are tasty, but stupid, and go well with pasta. As does everything.

Ramen - Moron. Grovel if you know what is good for you.

So messing around in disguise, ha ? ! lol

HE is my DEFENSE, I shall NOT be moved !!!

THE TRUTH is THE ONLY ONE who can tell me to shut up.

I fear ONLY GOD and NOT any man.

Oh yes, you say you eat things that are "tasty and stupid"...you must be full after eating so much of it.

3. RooBee profile image90
        RooBeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you not (through your lengthy and numerous posts) mocked, scorned, and acted prideful & haughty in your condemnation of everyone who isn't you? Fear is not very good w/ marinara and so I say 'no thank you' on the bowl of fear you offer. I shall make pasta references and blasphemous jokes till Jesus tells me to cut it out. lol

34. tantrum profile image59

I am not a respecter of any mans person, I tell them the truth no matter what, and that without fear of they're faces. smile

If you don't respect Men, you don't respect life!... And where's this spaguetti god? I'd love 2 meet him lol

1. RooBee profile image90

*pokes tantrum in the rib* Psst, I think the Holy Spaghetti is a she (a' la' Alanis Morrisette in Dogma) just FYI. wink

So  It's a goddess! I hope she doesn't look like the african models fiery was complaining of !

1. RooBee profile image90

lol lol

The meaning of "respecter of persons" is respect for the status they are in.

GOD does not respect your status, your position or place in life.

HE judges all the same.

This is the meaning.

To be impartial. smile

Then wehere's your impartiality ? I don't see it anywhere

Neither do I. smile

How disrespectful !  lol lol lol

35. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Bibowen

STAND STRONG !!! as you are big_smile

Cast down every haughty thought that exalts itself against the mind of GOD.

36. Randy Godwin profile image60

What about it Bibowen and q&t, how did you guys choose your religion?  Both of you ignored my question so I guess you don't care to TELL THE TRUTH about your acquisition of your faith.  Did you just happen up on the correct beliefs of were you drilled into your beliefs by others of like mind.  What about those who inherited the wrong religion from their parents, are thy going to hell because they happen to be born into the wrong faith?

They are not going to reply, they never do

Sure they will, because they respect the TRUTH.  Otherwise, they are full of crap.

I am answering many questions in many forums, along with emails, phones etc...so do not be dismayed...while you are mocking.

I did NOT choose a religion, nor did one choose me.

THE TRUTH chose me and HE is NOT a religion.

HE IS THE TRUTH and stands above all "religions"smile

I happened upon nothing, THE TRUTH came to me.

THE TRUTH set me free!!!

Your mockery will get you no more answers.

I do not expect you to answer because you you will have to tell the TRUTH.  You like talking about the TRUTH but fanatics such as yourself cannot lower themselves to actually use it.  So practice what you preach, false prophet.  Or just continue to be seen as a sad little man who just spouts religious nonsense.  You are obviously SCARED.

As I said, I am in several forums and doing many other things on the computer. So please do not get your panties all in a bunch if you do not get a reply in 8 seconds, just change you diaper and have another bottle feeding.

SCARED???.....no need to even reply to that son.

I gave you an answer.

I am answering many questions in many forums, along with emails, phones etc...so do not be dismayed...while you are mocking.

I did NOT choose a religion, nor did one choose me.

THE TRUTH chose me and HE is NOT a religion.

HE IS THE TRUTH and stands above all "religions"

I happened upon nothing, THE TRUTH came to me.

THE TRUTH set me free!!!

Your mockery will get you no more answers.

37. tantrum profile image59

Thet don't respect anything, not even themselves. If they did they wouldn't be posting such crap smile

Where have all of these idiotic, self appointed prophets come from lately.  A few weeks ago enderwiggins appeared with boastful predictions about how he was going to clean the floor with the agnostics and atheists and where is he now?  If you can get these guys to actually use logic and reasoning without using the Bible as a crutch they seem to disappear.  Pathetic really.

Agree!  I think is very funny ,people being so childish... maybe that's why they are the children of the lord lol

THE TRUTH does NOT answer to you.

You answer to THE TRUTH smile

The meaning of "respecter of persons" is respect for the status they are in.

HE judges all the same.

This is the meaning.

To be impartial.smile

38. tantrum profile image59

randy goodwin, c what i mean ? lol

Hilarious, and these are the chosen ones?  If there was a god I would hope he had more sense than to let this guy represent him.  Can you imagine spending eternity listening to the words coming out of this guy's cake hole?

that would be hell ! lol

GOD does not "make sense" to any man...HE does not answer to them, nor have need to explain HIS ways to you.

Randy Godwinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You must think you're god then because-YOU do not "make sense" to any man...YOU do not answer to them, nor have need to explain YOUR ways to me. 

Ever wonder what God looks like folks?  Not how you had him pictured I bet. 
          Which of you is god, the dog or the guy with the beanie?

39. tantrum profile image59

Let's have a polite discussion of religious beliefsposted by Ron Montgomery in Religion    666    tantrum    11 seconds ago

Speaking of the devil  lol lol

40. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 10 years ago

Yet more mockery smile

What do you expect, respect?  You are too busy to answer my question of how you obtained your belief you say.  Bull cookies!  Tell me big mouth and I don't care if you use CAPITAL LETTERS, or different colored lettering, or whatever you need to help you out.  Because if you can't answer simple questions like this you have no business representing your god on here.

41. quietnessandtrust profile image61

A JUDGE does not explain HIMSELF to the courtroom smile

42. quietnessandtrust profile image61

The head of the serpent has been crushed, that needs no explaining.

tantrumposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope it's not yours Randy  ! :LOL:

Nope, his god seems to be ineffective, my head is fine.  He has backed himself in a corner and doesn't know how to get out.  Now he thinks he is a judge, LOL.  He is afraid to answer anyone's challenge to his beliefs and knows he looks foolish.  These types are all the same, they give Christianity a bad name with the holier than thou attitude.  Look for more imbecilic ranting or excuses for not answering the questions.  He has no answers.

Good it isn't you! And I didn't know there   was only one serpent.. Wow! Is it extinction?  lol

I deal with snakes all the time, they aren't near as dangerous as this guy.  Nor as slimey.HA!

only dangerous 4 himself ! LOL

There are no corners where I am.

No guts either!

43. quietnessandtrust profile image61

I did not "obtain" my belief. Like one obtains a dozen dough nuts.

THE TRUTH stands above any belief man can obtain.

THE TRUTH obtained and apprehended me. smile

Not the other way around.

Nope, not good enough, you are going to have to be more specific than that.  If you are too scared to give a real answer then just go away.  What are you afraid of?

THE TRUTH is never "good enough" for mockers and the insincere among men and women.

I was apprehended by THE TRUTH and my KING, I did not "obtain" HIM

No man did anything for this to happen.

Not done in a school, seminary or through books.

Well, loudnessandmistrust, you run your mouth but that's all you do.  Why are you here, it certainly isn't to promote TRUTH as you are afraid of the TRUTH.  Be a man instead of a mouth.  Do you actually expect anyone to respect you if you can't answer a simple question.  If you have a purpose here on these forums let's hear it.  Please put it in words we mortals can understand if you have the ability.  You talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk.

I answered your question 3 times.
            What part of the answer did you not believe???

1. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So if you didn't have to do anything, why are you suggesting that other have to?

THE PERSON who is ALL TRUTH came to me, I did not do anything except ask for THE TRUTH.

I was apprehended by THE TRUTH and my KING, I did not "obtain" HIM

No man did anything for this to happen.

Not done in a school, seminary or through books.

I did not create anything or make anything happen, nor did I try.

marinealways24posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You just said above that you believe in forced belief through physical punishment. How do we know your belief wasn't forced through fear or punishment?

44. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 10 years ago

Circles.

~*~*~*Things are repeated until the lesson is learned.

^~^~^~Just like when you were in basic soldier.

lol Maybe you should focus on learning rather than teaching. It would be wise of you.

I think he didn't repeat the lesson enough, that's why he's mistaken LOL

45. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 10 years ago

PWND i posted 700th! Woot I just created a hub that may interest you WHY THIS TOPIC WILL NEVER BE SOLVED.....

46. quietnessandtrust profile image61

Eventually after one hears something enough times and still refuses to believe, they find themselves running laps and doing push ups while they think about it all.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is this where you currently are?  If you need help understanding, I am all ears. big_smile

Any thinking "individual" and or Marine would know that it was a metaphor.

Bok, bok, bok, bok-ock!

Bibowenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

More insights from the thoughtful atheist...

More childish generalizations.

Well, welcome back Bibowen.  You disappeared after I asked if you inherited your religion or chose it after seeing what others had to offer.  Care to answer now?

And it's real Christian of you to take up for the TRUTH dude but then again, I'm not surprised as you both have some of the same ideas.

"Forget about critiquing style. It is irrelevant."

I disagree.  Really Boss Bibowen?  We should let you decide if it is relevant.  The guy ranted and raved without saying anything but only he had any knowledge of the TRUTH. 

A person's mental state is always relevant to style and the way the message is delivered.  Even if the person is completely sane his "style" may give a different impression.

I don't think that I should "decide" what is relavant and what is not. I put forth a claim that is subject to be challenged (which you did). That is what I would expect in this forum.

He was proclaiming what he thought is true. Whether people accept that or not is irrelevant; what is important is whether or not the claims he makes are true or not.

I completely agree with your last statement that "Even if the person is completely sane his 'style' may give a different impression." I agree that "style" can give a wrong impression. But my point is that it is irrelevant as to whether the claim in question is true or not. And I thought that is what we are discussing: whether or not the claims about God's existence are true or not.

It is for the same reason that I did not bother with your previous question. How one acquires knowledge about religion is not relevant to the claims made by that religion. My observation in forums like this is that it doesn't lead to a discussion of the vital issues.

For example, several years ago a psychologist, Paul Vitz, wrote an article (and I think it became book also) called "The Psychology of Atheism" in which the author claimed that one of the reason people were atheists is because they had a poor relationship with their father. "Atheists hate God because they hate their father," so the observation went.

This observation may be generally right. But, I don't really care about that. I don't care how atheists came to believe what they believe. The primary thing is whether or not atheist's claims are true or not.

A claim that is true is true whether it is handed to you on a silver platter (chocolates included!) or whether it is shouted in your face. No one likes the latter, but those that are seeking the truth will learn to "get over it" and stay focused on the pursuit of what is true and right.

What is true and right?

THE ONE WHO IS ALL TRUTH AND ALL RIGHT smile

May you seek HIM if you really want to know. big_smile

Ron Montgomeryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In one of my earlier post, I gave one reason why I don't bother with the kind of question you raise above(normally) and that is I don't think it's relevant to the claims being made. I have a couple more comments on this.

To focus on the origin of the belief instead of its truthfulness is to commit a fallacy of inference. Simply put, you infer because you know something about the origin of a person's religion, therefore you know something about the truth claims of that religion. Probably the reason that I believe the heliocentric theory as opposed to Ptolemy's geocentric theory is because I was born in the scientific west in the 20th century. Someone can approach me and say "the only reason you believe the heliocentric theory is because you were born in the modern west but had you been born in some animistic culture 1000 years ago, you would not believe that..." My response to this is....So?

The point about the heliocentric theory is that it does not advance the discussion to talk about how I acquired the heliocentric view.

Even if we were interested in discussing the origin of a person's belief (and I'm not) a second point is that you can find a mixture when it comes to the reasons why people embrace Christianity or not. Of the following, it doesn't seem that one is dominant over the other:

1. A person grew up Christian and accepted it
            2. A person did not grow up Christian and is still not Christian
            3. A person did grow up Christian, but rejected it
            4. A person did not grow up Christian, but now accepts it.

My observation is that you find a mix of these and that there is not one that is more dominant than the others. I know plenty of all the four above.

But I'm still back to the main point: let's say you give near-irrefutable evidence to support your thesis that a person accepted his religion because....(and you fill in the blank)." It still would not come close to refuting the belief he holds.

Of all the questions asked of a Christian by myself, this is the one which most are afraid to answer.  Why, because they know most people follow the religion of their parents.  Not all, but this is what they are exposed to. 

You say you don't bother with this type of question so this also tells me something about your views.  It would be a simple matter to say "well, my parents went to church and took me there" or "I stumbled upon Christianity and felt called to become a better person" or  "I was Jewish and read the New Testament."  See, not hard at all.

Take a look at how many words you typed to keep from answering a simple question.  You are merely stalling. 

But that's okay, we both know the reason and I guess I don't blame you for refusing to answer except for non-answers.  I guess no one has, to bother answering any of your queries either but we probably will try.

RG, you'd better get off this thread. Boss Shrub ordered all unbelievers off. You're going to get in trouble. It will probably be nothing severe, except perhaps boring you to death. I have been impressed how the unbelievers left after he issued the edict. Perhaps you didn't read it. He's opposed to monkey feeding but apparently the unbelievers aped him in vacating.

As for you, more name calling passing as rational argument. So I'll try again--how is the origin of a belief relevant as to the claim of a religion?

Name calling?  What name did I call you?  Isn't it you calling Earnest "Boss Shrub"?  I will not ask you again. you are afraid.

Yes, I called him that and I intended to. I wasn't arguing; I was labeling. You're taking a big chance.

http://www.viewbug.com/media/mediafiles/2009/06/02/192608_smile_dude_0526061647_680x680_.jpg

Ron Montgomeryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

THE TRUTH

I answered you 5 times now and you still do NOT accept my answer because it is NOT on your list.

HE APPEARED TO ME and I believed.

Did NOT come from a school, no man taught it to me, not my parents who were heathens, not a Sunday school teacher because I never went, not anything that you have on your list of "normal ways" one comes to believe.

Sometimes HE...THE TRUTH shows HIMSELF to people and that is that.

Does not make me a somebody, MAKES HIM SOVEREIGN.smile

3. quietnessandtrust profile image61

I find it strange that Bidbowen, aka DJ and I have different "styles" and yet you will argue with either one of us.

Your endless questions will never be answerd because you are NOT interested in THE TRUTH...if HE showed up HIMSELF and told you HE IS THE TRUTH...you would still question and ask for proof.

You are NOT "unique" in this regard, many have done it when this actually does happen to them. big_smile

3. marinealways24 profile image60

lol what an ignorant comment. You think people should be forced into believing with physical punishment like push-ups or running? Nice.

Any thinking "individual" and or Marine would know that it was a metaphor. smile

I write in english, not in metaphors or tongue. Write what you mean and there will be no confusion.

And all this time I thought an individual thinker had the ability to discern.....Hummmmm?

And you were really a Marine???....Hummmm....under who's command?

Because you did not learn discernment, your commander failed in his duty soldier.

lol, to know so much about the military and the marines, you should know not to call a marine a soldier. Another one of your false assumptions much like your belief in knowing anything.

Soldier: one engaged in military service,  a skilled warrior, an enlisted man or woman.

So are you not able to discern a metaphor?

lol I give up. You clearly have no point but to go in circles.

smile

47. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 10 years ago

http://janus1unlimited.com/images/happy_meal_box.bmp
    you guys can share.

48. quietnessandtrust profile image61

The question in the other forum still stands soldier.

4 comments later and you have not answered.

You're learning fast !!!LOL

2. marinealways24 profile image60

This is because you asked me a question "assuming" that I have children. I don't respond well to assumptions. You seem to have quite a lot of them. If you wish to call me soldier, I will call you prophet. When is the end of the world prophet?

3. Randy Godwin profile image60

What a hypocrite you are.  You refuse to answer my question of whether you inherited your belief or not and then chide others for the same thing.  You are scared to death to answer anyone's questions in a lucid manner.  You actually make the snake handlers and tongue talkers seem almost normal in comparison. 

I will not address you anymore because I'm worried you may be one of those crazies who claim God tells them to do bad things.  There have been many such people who spout the same gibberish you do, so rant on brother, rant on.

"You refuse to answer my question of whether you inherited your belief or not"

I answered it 3 times....NO

49. kmackey32 profile image68
    kmackey32posted 10 years ago

no. I don't want too... smile

50. earnestshub profile image85
    earnestshubposted 10 years ago

Time to shut this thread down. We have a proper genuine religious loony here, and may as well be speaking to Mr. potatoe head.
    Come on folks stop feeding the monkey!

Eaglekiwiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I with ya there
      besides hes got two others to romp around in now anyway!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs004.snc1/4154_1008747636192_1750013916_11178_5108872_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs004.snc1/4154_1008736315909_1750013916_11098_7289701_n.jpg

Really, Boss Shub, time to shut it down?

Alright everyone, the Boss has spoken. Every one stop.

I thought you guys did not believe in censorship!?

As I said earlier, style is secondary, content is primary. You just reflect your emotional age if you can't get past that.

Discuss the content; forget about critiquing style. It is irrelevant.

Wisdom spoken there.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://maven.io/company/pages/privacy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)