jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If one strives for perfection, every once & awhile they'll hit excellence. Agree

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

If one strives for perfection, every once & awhile they'll hit excellence. Agree or disagree?

2. darrylcrawford profile image68
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3042350_f260.jpg

I agree. If we have a target to aim for one day we'll hit it right on. it could be you saying the perfect words in a critical situation, taking on task with ease for the moment or attacking a tough problem and having the awesome solution, etc.......I believe that.

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I agree with every word.Each step that we take we acquire more tools to use which takes us beyond the common.

4. thougtforce profile image92
    thougtforceposted 7 years ago

It can be good to strive for perfection, and you will hit excellence after awhile! As long as we dont strive for perfection in all areas! Nowone can be perfect all around! It must be ok to be "good enough".

5. Wayne Brown profile image86
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Maybe...although there is a part of me that believes "perfection" is a null value thus not very measurable or might I say not as recognizable as we might think.  An example that would come to mind there is Jesus Christ...for all he was, he was most likely perfection in many ways for mankind yet mankind did not recognize him as anything but a common man.  On that basis, I am not sure that mankind is capable of recognizing perfection.  Given that thought, maybe I would strive for excellence as often as possible and hope that I hit it...as it could be an easier target. WB

6. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I agree,also sometimes we're working so hard for what we think is perfection,that we've hit excellence and didn't notice.

7. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Just the fact that one strives to do his or her best is cause for celebration. Excellence is the  pinnacle of perfection.

working