jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)

Earth, Wind, Fire, Water--if you were one of those elements which would you be a

1. Angel709 profile image61
    Angel709posted 7 years ago

Earth, Wind, Fire, Water--if you were one of those elements which would you be and why?

I absolutely love water. I love what it does inside and outside the body.  It can be peaceful and serene, or powerful and tumultuous. It is energy, it gives life, and it flows.  It has many forms all that are vital for our existence. For those who comment and believe in God/higher power, I have been told the element you choose is also how you view God. I feel mine is very fitting. I'd love to read your view.

2. profile image55
    cons11posted 7 years ago

i'd love to be fire because i have a more fiery personality although i do like to relax sometimes, but generally would love to be fire.

3. MoneyCreator24 profile image59
    MoneyCreator24posted 7 years ago

I am all of these elements in one:
    earth is my body,
    water is my blood,
    air is my breath and
    fire my spirit.

4. profile image0
    Vari786posted 7 years ago

I think I'd be fire. I just tend to destroy everything around me.

5. profile image50
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

Earth, it will only change on God's time.

6. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm a little reluctant to (shall I say) "air" my thoughts on this, but I think I'd select wind.  This may be a deluded and/or egotistical view; but I think of how wind is both gentle and powerful; how it can be elusive, how it's not something that can actually be seen; and how it's "territory" involves not just Earth, but the sky as well.  It shifts and changes, yet remains essentially the same (of course).

It's not "mean" like fire.  It's not "dirt-and-stone", the way Earth is.  It's not heavy like water can be.

Yes - I like the wind.  Whether I'm actually like the wind or not - separate issue, I guess.  Keep in mind that this is the Internet, and I'm a writer.  There's always the chance I've given an answer other than a genuine one.  (See?  This just may be my attempt to remain elusive - like the wind.   smile  )

7. Cathyrin profile image56
    Cathyrinposted 7 years ago

Wind... It entails freedom and being carefree. It could change the ability of water into a very strong whirlwind, a flame into a wildfire, and the land into dust. I guess, being a wind is all about simplicity yet within that simplicity lies great ability.smile

8. profile image0
    lovazaposted 7 years ago

I would  be the earth because it embraces everything living thing of Nature and its beauty.  The earth has the dirt, mountains, hills, valleys, rivers.... which is the giver for all living creatures and mankind.

9. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I'd go with water.
    One of the first things scientists look for when exploring other planets is a sign that they contain water.
    Without water there can be no life.

10. Moon Willow Lake profile image76
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

I was thinking I would answer Water because we have so much water in us and spending time near lake water is very relaxing to me.

But, then I thought about it for a while and realized that Earth contains everything you've mentioned; so why would I choose just water and exclude everything else?

So, Earth is my answer since it has all you've mentioned and more!

11. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

It would be wind.........strong and yet gentle.  Powerful, yet welcomed .

Powerful enough to destroy.........gentle enough to cool your brow.

Welcomed and feared.

While the other elements also have this power, wind is not yet contained.

I would not be contained and manipulated.

12. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

Probably fire, my birth sign (Sagittarius) is a fire sign, as is my disposition. I can't imagine being any of the others somehow smile

13. abhishek.genius profile image60
    abhishek.geniusposted 7 years ago

I would like to be water. Water is all around us - 75% of the planet earth and our body comprises of water. Furthermore, it signifies calmness and gives meaning to the life !!

14. wademcmaster profile image73
    wademcmasterposted 7 years ago

As a Bruce Lee fan my response is "Be like water.." lol

15. mrpooper profile image55
    mrpooperposted 7 years ago

So  Angel709 asks the question "Earth,wind,fire,water - If you were one of those elements which would you be and why?". Here is the link if you would like to see the answers. There are interesting arguements for all four.  EARTH  Let's begin with... read more

16. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 7 years ago

Wind. The wind is not bound by anything and it is free of everything. It cannot be seen but it makes its presence known.

17. Edoka Writes profile image61
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

Angel, that is a great question!
    I would be water. I live for water! Water sustains humans, animals, plants- just about everything. Water is delicious; it gives energy and beauty. It's close to perfect....naturally.

18. Shahid Bukhari profile image62
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

All life ... Hath been Created of Water ... Al Quran.

So its not a question of what I'd like to be ... but What I am.
    The d'Ginns are of Fire, and Adam, of Earth ...and
    Air, is the Breath of Life ...

19. eneva profile image29
    enevaposted 7 years ago

Accoring to my astrological sign , I am the Earth, but I feel like a fire