jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know how to make-do with what you have,when you can't have it like you wa

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Do you know how to make-do with what you have,when you can't have it like you want it?

2. Amy Becherer profile image72
    Amy Bechererposted 7 years ago

There is great power in becoming innovative and acquiring the creativity to fashion what you want with what you have.  I do it religiously.  All great art and invention was created by need and innovative thinking.

3. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Pretty certain the vast majority of the people on this planet know how to make do. No one's getting what they want.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I don't have less than I ever have; but I've had hundreds of times the income that I've had this past year in the years before that.  I didn't seem to enjoy the modest income I had then.  I only wanted to make more and more and more money.

Now, it's true, I want to make a decent wage in the future, and I don't care if it comes . . . .from my skilled labor, or where it comes from; but right here and right now; I'm appreciating what I do have, and enjoying life more, and more consistently than probably ever before.  Maybe it's wisdom setting in in my late 30's???  I dunno.

5. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Well if we were 'cut off' from the Internet, I do have the know how to carry on a conversation in person face to face.  If our power were cut off, I know how to make a fire and cook and even bake on a wood stove and I can even live with candles and electricity if need be.  I can use a typewriter if my computer were to go down suddenly and I know how to grow and preserve my own food, with or without the aid of a freezer.  Is that what you had in mind?  Over coming obstacles is what life is kind of all about.  I've worked for myself for a lot of years and worked for others for a lot of years.  Good question.

working