jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you buy on impulse just to later realize that the excitement of novelty passe

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Do you buy on impulse just to later realize that the excitement of novelty passes quickly?

2. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

No, Thank goodness..I take a long time to make my purchase..I want to  know all the in`s and out`s...Iook at things as needs and wants...great question
    Thanks for asking
    Mike :0)

3. Dexter Yarbrough profile image83
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 7 years ago

Yes. I did this with an expensive car I ended up with for 36 months. Beautiful car with all the bells and whistles, but I hardly drove it. Colossal waste of money. I learned a valuable lesson and don't buy on impulse anymore!

4. BenWritings profile image79
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

Buying on impulse would suggest that I have a dime to my name

I don't

5. Georgie98 profile image75
    Georgie98posted 7 years ago

Hahaha! No, I have too little amount of money to be frivolous with it! And definitely not enough wardrobe space! smile

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I do not.  Shopping or sudden purchases has never been my weakness.  It is not easy to tempt me with "things".

There is one purchase in my lifetime that I regret not making.

7. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I pretty much make a habit of impulse buying when it comes to things that cost less than, maybe, $3.    I'll often have a limit of $5 or so, and just plan to pick up whatever I happen to see.  Actually, I'll set the limit at $4 and "allow for a dollar margin of error".  LOL

With larger purchases I don't impulse buy.  My purchase are all very much a matter of being premeditated.  I don't so much compare prices, as I compare what the item will offer me in terms of other things in life (besides just its presence among my possessions).  I lean toward stuff that offers me things like being able to offer guests/family members something, a little more freedom or time, more convenience, etc.  The purchase also has to be at a time when I've allowed for making such purchases.

The excitement or novelty doesn't pass with those larger purchases.  I'm usually pretty darned thrilled with what I've decided to buy.  As for those little impulse purchases of $2 "junky stuff" - the novelty wears off almost as soon as the stuff is out of the bag.   LOL