jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it better to be wise first or after what is done?

1. Apostle Jack profile image62
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Is it better to be wise first or after what is done?

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 7 years ago

I do not think we always have wisdom until we have walked through the fire. If a man does find wisdom before then he is blessed.

3. ColibriPhoto profile image82
    ColibriPhotoposted 7 years ago

It is better to be wise first but unfortunately wisdom usually comes through experience.

4. theseus profile image79
    theseusposted 7 years ago

Life is the most patient teacher. It bombards us with problems until we know the best way to overcome each and every obstacle. Because of these lessons learned, we become wiser.
    Though, if it can happen the other way around, I mean wiser first, so much the better.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Always before, so that you do not make a mistake.

6. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

Well, at first one will not know which is wise or otherwise. it is usually better to be wise, but who knows until it happen

7. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 7 years ago

it is definitely better to be wise first so that we don't have to repent later for any mistakes. But not all of us can always be wise before doing a thing or taking a decision. We gain wisdom through experience in life.

8. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I say be wise after, just because they say it is better to do and explain later... but the good advice would be to be wise first and then you don't have to worry about the consequences!

9. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Apsotle Jack,

we are not perfect people.  Wisdom is born of failures.

Learning can be hurtful. 

Even when we do not know what  to do.............we should know what NOT to do!