jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

Which guides you more, your head or your heart?

1. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Which guides you more, your head or your heart?

2. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

My head, thankfully, since it use to be my heart that ruled me. Too many people hurt you using your heart but of course for the needy and ones who have no one you heart should always speak to your heart and of course mine does.

3. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

My heart as I go with the feeling. It is like gut's feeling when comes to decision as my heart guides me with the right answer.

4. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Neither one.It is my spirit within me that connects with reality and have intelligence.You speak about 2 different things here,materialism and spirituality.One have DNA and the other one don't.One is supernatural and the other one is not.Personality is spiritual and cannot be determine by material equations.The heart pumps blood and the physical head have no say-so in the matter.

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image63
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

My head. I try to analyze situations from a set of principles.

6. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

My Gut!  Many times I will make a final decision based on my gut feeling.  Maybe this could be equated to the heart, but it is usually after I've taken both the emotional and logical aspects have been taken into consideration.

7. CeresTine profile image57
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

About 60% heart and 40% head. So far, I have very few regrets.

8. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

Neither...... My gut.

9. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

My head guides me more than my heart when it comes to dating.  I want to look at the situation with common sense before I get too serious about someone.

10. PK2010 profile image79
    PK2010posted 6 years ago

I would say my head, though I allow my heart to take over most of the time, even when I know its not worth it. I guess the latter is a bit of a reckless streak that I have been born with and can't seem shake off.

11. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 6 years ago

Interesting, my head leads then my heart steps in taking charge.

12. Dexter Yarbrough profile image83
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

It depends upon the situation and circumstances. However, mostly now my head.

13. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

I would say my heart (in its own way) rules me. But I would say that the heart vs. head paradigm is a bit polarized. Intelligent, reasonable people can disagree on the best course of action to take in a given situation; and caring, loving people can disagree among themselves about the best tact to take in x situation.

Work in the neurosciences has turned up the fact that emotion is needed to power the brain to make any kind of decision, whether one thinks she is being "logical" or largely "emotional" or "sentimental."

I remember hearing, on NPR, a story about a man who had undergone brain surgery, and a part of the brain largely responsible for governing the emotions was removed. Now, ostensibly he became a creature of pure logic. After the procedure he would be shown pictures of horrible, gut-wrenching scenes, and all that, and they would elicit absolutely no response from this man.

Now, because of this deficiency, he ended up losing his high-powered corporate job. For example, he would spend hours trying to decide whether to sign a contract with the blue or the black pen (this question is outside the province of logic). At some point you have to "emotionally" say to yourself Just go for it, just do it. Make a decision, any decision!"

14. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I try to listen to both, but in a tie, my heart wins.

15. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

The head and tgeh heart togethere, when one or the other guides alone, it si a bad direction ususally.

16. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

Both.  They almost always agree for me.  My feelings are linked to my rational thoughts

17. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

Decisions made from the "heart" is made with the head.
    Your question is really asking the same thing.

Which guides you more, your head or your head?

18. Toby Simon profile image36
    Toby Simonposted 6 years ago

my heart..i'd rather regret doing something than regret doing nothing..only my brain conflicts the things that i want to do..so i follow my heart..

19. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

My heart. My mind often plays tricks on me. While my heart shows me the truth. If you rely solely on your mind, you will be angry and disappointed because you will have a need to know everything with out reason. The mind hates, the hearts loves.

20. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 6 years ago

I try to follow this wisdom. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” (Mahatma Gandhi). This has helped me to make the correct decisions that I know in my heart is the right thing to do. great question!

working