jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What will the decade 2000-2010 be remembered by?

1. cydro profile image87
    cydroposted 6 years ago

What will the decade 2000-2010 be remembered by?

2. ii3rittles profile image84
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

The stupidity of the youth.... Sad, but true. America is going down hill when it comes to Education.

3. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

I believe that the events of 9/11/2001 will be forged in our minds and history books for decades to come.

But as for now, we must continually move forward.

4. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

Negatives in history

Girl Power
    Facebook and Social Networking
    And in my opinion the naughties will be known for it's Dance Music and it's influence on culture.

5. maplethorpej profile image72
    maplethorpejposted 6 years ago

Facebook will definitely be a major one, but I think the underlying factor was the Internet. Sure, it started to make an impact in the 90s, but, from 2000 - 2010, Internet usage exploded and became a fundamental aspect of life (for most cultures).

6. WindMaestro profile image60
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

It will be remembered for 9/11 as an opener. Followed by 8 years of a money spending presidential administration that dragged us into 2 unneeded wars. It will be remembered by the financial meltdown of 2008, probably going to be recalled as the Great Recession. On a positive note, the successful uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt shall shine in the fight for democracy. The most memorable events will probably be the creation of Facebook. YouTube, and Google overall domination of the internet, and Apple's exploits as the largest music carrier in the world. The space programs shall be memorable, landings on Mars and explorations and Atlantis shuttle exploding. The killing of Saddam Hussein and the assassination of Osama Bin Laden will mark our exploits for global peace, and who could forget voting in the first African American president in our nation's history.
    I believe that is what the decade shall be remembered by.
    * WindMaestro *

7. C-Bless profile image61
    C-Blessposted 6 years ago

To add to the list: 

The changing landscape of television - it's all about reality TV and less scripted shows.

The beginning of the end of an era - the announcement that The Oprah Winfrey Show and Larry King Live were sailing into the sunset.

Michael Jackson died.

The rise and fall of business icons:  Bernie Madoff, Conrad Black

8. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

The banks bailout to save the financial crises of the United States for loaning out money to people that they knew could not keep up with their payments because of the balloon payments effect with low interest rates during the prosperous 1990's when as a nation we had a surplus of billions of dollars with our economy from President Bill Clinton and President Obama is trying to clean up the mess left behind from President George Bush.

9. mtariqsattar profile image78
    mtariqsattarposted 6 years ago

9/11 and the subsequent war on terror that is still waged by USA.Social network revolutions and credit crunch in 2008..

10. JT Walters profile image76
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

War over weapons of mass destruction that weren't in the Middle East.

11. scauthor1969 profile image64
    scauthor1969posted 6 years ago

I think it will be remebered most for 9/11 and the resulting War on Terror and the economic meltdown.