jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What do you believe happens after you die?

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

What do you believe happens after you die?

Whether they are religious beliefs or ones you've conjured up yourself. What happens after we die? Or is death it?

2. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

I try not to think about it. Lol! I'm sure I will find out once I'm dead.

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image84
    Slarty O'Brianposted 6 years ago

When the lights go out it's over. At least for the I. But the energy we were dissipates and goes on for ever joining other systems. It happens all the time even while we are alive. Energy is always leaving and being replaced.

But there is no soul as far as I know. No one gets out of here alive.

4. Heather McMillan profile image59
    Heather McMillanposted 6 years ago

As a Christian I believe that my spirit an all those who are saved will go to heaven. I also have started to believe that because we are all energy the energy of our soul will come back. Death is not the end. Our bodies are only the vessels that carry our souls for the time we have here. We can always choose to come back again.

5. MichaelWriter profile image60
    MichaelWriterposted 6 years ago

Well, I certainly hope I go to heaven! I guess I should get back to doing good deeds then.

6. Scottmonster profile image87
    Scottmonsterposted 6 years ago

The same as what what happened before you were born. What that is, I don't know

7. James Halpin profile image71
    James Halpinposted 6 years ago

If you have acceppted Jesus as your Saviour you will go to heaven in your spiritual body.

8. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

nobody knows about life after death....so cant say anything

9. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

I dont have any religious beliefs, so I don't have any defined expectations, like heaven or hell..

But I stll harbour the belief (hope?) that there might be something else; that we're perhaps on a continuum, that won't be apparent until we move to the next stage.

If I get there before you, I promise to make every effort to come back and amend this answer.....so stay alert.

10. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

We exists with the 'live' Qi (spirit) moving in our bodies.

Once we die, our live Qi will be moving out of our bodies and go through a cycle for the next rebirth.

Unless we understand our purpose in life, we will be reborn again and it starts all over again. Some people may have experiences in Soul Travel or Astral Travel. They have the experience of knowing that spirit (soul) exists. They can travel and see the world during the period where our bodies are in the deep sleep stage.

Once you have achieved in Soul Travel, you will soon realise that we are just in a form of live Qi.

11. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

You will be cremated and your ashes scattered somewhere to suit your loved ones who are left ....or you will be buried and left to rot in the ground to eventually be eaten by worms and bugs...
    My faith has been severely tested over the past few years  BUT aparantly GOD forgives all who truly repent,so if there is a heaven im sure I will be allowed in when I beg forgiveness for my disbeleif !!

12. platinumOwl4 profile image76
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

The question is slightly ambiguous. Are you speaking of the body or the soul. If you are discussing the body disintegrates  and the soul returns to  collective soul.

13. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Some believe the spirit goes to a fine matter dimension or field to process lessons learned in the previous life. This would be connected to the Akashic Records which can be somewhat explained on Wiki. This is not necessarily what I believe personally but is interesting to ponder in and of itself.