jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, or any other supernatural/mythological creatur

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, or any other supernatural/mythological creature? Why or why not?

2. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Believe me.... if you met my ex-Mother-in-Law, you'd believe in supernatural and/or frightening creatures!!!!......

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I believe in possibilities and I won't say based on my own limited perceptions that something doesn't exist.  Aliens for example - it would be pretty arrogant of humans to assume that in a universe this vast we are the only life forms.  Do I think aliens come here? Not sure - I mean if they are out there they are far more advanced than us right? So should they care? or would they maybe just look at us and observe the way we do with animals.   

As for ghosts and other supernatural phenomenon I do, based on experiences I have had my whole life, believe that there is certainly life beyond this realm and that we can interact with it.  (I wrote a hub about ghosts and my theories on them)

Regardless, it's interesting and I am just happy to admit the possibilities are endless and I have no way of knowing for sure smile

4. arksys profile image93
    arksysposted 5 years ago

ghosts ...no
    aliens ... no
    supernatural... yes .. the Jinn or Djinn.

i've written a hub about the jinn if you're intersted. i've had unwanted encounters with them...

5. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I have found that belief is the result of experiences and intelligent assessment of an ample sum of evidence and the first hand testimony of those involved with paranormal events. Occurrences that have had a myriad of involvement by honest and competent witnesses, is extremely hard to dismiss as false. Big Foot, Spirits or ghosts, and extraterrestrials have all had such witnessing and testimonies and fall well within the category of viable existence. If it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and looks like a duck, chances are it is not grandma's stuffed pigeon. If doctors, scientists, policemen, professionals from all walks of life,and folks who have passed lie detector tests for years, as well as several hundred witnesses at one time to an event, such as seeing and filming UFO's, then by golly, grin and admit, there are some mighty unusual and mysterious things out there that we are exposed to, from time to time.

6. pmorries profile image76
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

I have slept in many places that people say are haunted and nothing has happened. I bring up the point of having slept in supposedly haunted places, because you are at your most vunerable when sleeping.  People have claimed they have seen floating gray orbs, a ghost of a dead boy, hammers flying through the air at places that I have visited, and I have seen nothing.  So, I don't really believe in ghosts; but I will continue to keep my mind open.

The idea that aliens travel millions of miles to "probe" us seems absurd; however, it is rather a large universe for there just to be us.

The amazing Randy has offered a million dollar prize, for years, to anyone who can prove they have psychic powers, and nobody has ever been able to claim the prize.

With all of that said, I do belive in an invisible guy in the sky who created us, angels, and demons. So, I may not be the best person to answer this question.

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

I believe in whatever it was I witnessed on a camping trip a few years back.  I'm not sure if they were beings from another dimension, aliens, or what, but there is a heck of a lot more than meets the eye.  I wrote about my experience here:  http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light

8. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Some of my best friends are supernatural. smile I say this not to poke fun, but to say that I don't make much of the idea of "believing in." Rather, I experience life, and let what comes, come. As a result, many things come my way that seem not to happen to others. Most of them are wonderful. The ones that might be frightening have taught me my own strength, so I'm not frightened any more.

Things that one culture calls supernatural, another culture calls ordinary. Many animist cultures around the globe believe that angelic beings rest in every living thing, and even in boulders and crystals. Scientists don't see this, but, relaxing into feeling what is present, I've learned the joy that comes with everything natural. Meanwhile, the Pacific islanders who saw airplanes land and then fly away during World War II thought that planes were magical. We called them B-52s. These are called cargo cults. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult)