jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How often do you consult or read a book of faith?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

How often do you consult or read a book of faith?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I cannot give you a set answer. At Mass we use a Missile, which is like a condensed version of the Bible designed for that day (actually for the month). I read the Bible when I want to check on something. As a teenager, my grandmother lived with us. She was virtually blind. I read Bible passages to her every night until I went to college. She would pick random passages, so there was no continuity. I probably should read it more that I do.

3. Diana Mendes profile image73
    Diana Mendesposted 5 years ago

My book of faith is the BIBLE & I read it everyday. It is so inspiring, contains amazing teachings & certainly increases my faith.

4. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

I rarely, if ever, read fairytales, let alone believe in them as a faith.  Science fiction is more apt to come to pass than a fairy tale.  To each his own.

5. SidKemp profile image96
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

More than once a day. I'm currently re-doing the daily workbook of A Course in Miracles. I'm also re-reading the Tao Te Ching. I discuss the Bible with my wife frequently, and write about it occasionally. And I'm helping my father-in-law, a retired theologian, read books of sermons and religious essays, and write about them.

6. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Not often enough. I have to stop going to good ol' Dr. Google when I have a problem and turn to God and his word.

7. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I have strong faith in my belief. I do believe that it depends on how strong you have bonded yourself on your own faith and belief.

A person tends to question his faith when something went wrong or prayer that didn't come true. In times of desperation, people will start to lose their faith when they do not see result of the prayers. It shouldn't be that way as we should remain strong in our faith to overcome any ordeal or obstacle.

8. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

i try to readsome of the Bhagavad-Gita written by His Devine Grace A.C. Bhaktivadenta Swami Prabhupada at least once a week. I really should be reading everyday. 

Best wishes.

9. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

My book of Christian devotionals is the last thing I read before turning out the light to sleep. They comfort me and help me to put my daily challenges into perspective.

working