jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever felt, in your darkest moments, some power was leading you through

1. meow48 profile image74
    meow48posted 5 years ago

Have you ever felt, in your darkest moments, some power was leading you through it?

when I look back at my darkest moments and have reached the other side, I know some one else was in control...and it turned out well.

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Many times. When I applied for my last job, that I held for 22 years, I had to be interviewed by a group of more than 20 people. I am speech impaired and was very nervous. God calmed my nerves and either told me or help me find the right words to say at the right time.

1. alisha4u profile image38
      alisha4uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great !

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Often when those dark times approach, I try to remind myself that this is another one of those life lessons.  I feel that something ominous is trying to open my eyes to something I have taken for granted.  I also believe we put out energy that attracks other energy, so often we are asking for what happens without realizing we have laid the bait.  Just a simple negative thought can start a day out bad, causing the simplist things to become agitating.  I always feel that the Creator is walking with me through all the problems that occur.  He weeps with me and he expresses joy with me as well.  When I recognized His presences then I recognized the solutions.

4. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

In my darkest hours, there have been quite a few, as I have ill famly members...God is the power leading me through it. And He not only leads me He often carries me through the most difficult times. And, the good news is we do not live in a dark and sad place of despair. We L I V E each day to the fullest and are thankful for that day.

5. bhargvi sharma profile image48
    bhargvi sharmaposted 5 years ago

Yup i had felt that some unseen power have helped me to get rid of the dark phase of my life when i'm so depressed & tensed regarding my carrier & some personal problems.
    I have experienced that this unseen power always stops me when i'm trying to do something wrong & prevents me from doing wrong. Many a times i have noticed that someone protects me when i'm afraid, Supports me when i'm alone, Helped me in achieving my dreams, sometimes fulfill my desires & expectations from life, sorted out true friends for me. Moreover made me to do good things in life. big_smile

6. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

It is when we are weakest that the Lord is at His strongest. It is during the darkest times in our lives when we see things most clearly. It is at these times when the Almighty is most visible and His healing touch is most powerful. It is during our trials, tribulations, and darkest hours, when we are most aware of His presence.

7. alisha4u profile image38
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have been through all this many-a-times....
    Strangely, I never managed to get a clue..

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe there was no clue because you expected everything to work out for the best--that would be one of my definitions of faith.

8. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, and its good to know that, when things feel like they're beyond my capabilities, my heavenly Father has got my back...

9. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

Definitely!  I call that power, God; and He leads by different means: something read at the right time, something someone said, a dream, an open door, or even a set of circumstances contrived to result in the desired outcome. Don't forget the prayers of others.

10. bac2basics profile image90
    bac2basicsposted 5 years ago

Absolutely yes... You still have to try your best to sort things out, but I do believe we get loads of help from those in spirit, our guardian Angels.

11. Agnes Penn profile image81
    Agnes Pennposted 5 years ago

Yes.  This is one reason behind my convictions and faith.  Chemical imbalances don't right themselves spontaneously, nor do they cause peaceful thoughts that did not penetrate my mind's darkness when I wanted to have them; they come when I need them.  It is an outside source that touches me where not even other people's encouragement can reach.

working