jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

What makes you happy?

1. SportsBetter profile image78
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

What makes you happy?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

My children, my husband, the relief I see on my husband's face when he walks in the door after a long day at work, the excitment in my children's eyes when they do something new, sitting outside when the sun comes up with a nice mug of coffee, I am easily pleased!

3. jolinabetts profile image81
    jolinabettsposted 5 years ago

Reading an email from my husband while he's at work. Seeing my children happy and healthy.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Being blessed with healthy family members.

We thank for being healthy every day of our lives. It is the best gift in lives that makes us happy daily.

This means we can enjoy doing things together as a family.

I love seeing the smile on my wife's face when I wake up in the morning. Seeing my children enjoying their daily activities. This sort of happiness is more than what I can ask for being blessed with good health.

5. SkySlave profile image84
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Insightful conversation with anyone, this involves meeting new people as well as people that I've known for a while. Wilderness and the outdoors, Wildlife and most of the things i do outside in general. I love listening to music, even sad music can make me happy.  Allot of my happiness seems to come from other peoples happiness, i think its contagious. Ways i make myself happy usually involve art or writing. I also get joy out of helping out other people and putting a smile on someone else's face. I think just about anything can have the potential to make you happy, its weather or not your eyes are open to the happiness presented to you.

6. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Happy is as happy does...My Momma always said..." life is like a box of chok-lits"... and I will eat each one to find out if it will make me happy! Be happy.

SportsBetterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice, I like chok-lits also.

7. jeanniedoe profile image57
    jeanniedoeposted 5 years ago

My loved ones makes me happy all the time especially if they are safe always.

Family and friends is definitely a good thing to have.  I know I am happy when I see my family, plus they are so far away from me.

8. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

Happiness seems, from time to time, to be associated with any number of different things. I've observed that it is equally possible to be unhappy even in the presence of those things. So happiness doesn't seem to be associated with any particular external experience.

In theory, sunshine makes me happy and drizzly rain makes me unhappy, but I have been sad in the sun and ecstatic in the rain

It comes and goes like the tide, quite independently.

I suspect that serotonin levels have got a lot to do with it. In which case, rational thought, a balanced diet, interesting work, friendships and plenty of exercise should all help towards the most happiness for the most time.

When happiness goes off to hide, acceptance and reason will get you through pretty well until it pops up again.

9. Suzie HQ profile image96
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

Many things make me happy when i think about it - Sunshine automatically lifts my spirits if down, receiving compliments in work, spending time with all generations of my family, being with my partner and wondering how i got so lucky, the color lime green, candles, roaring fires with logs burning, walking in the crisp air with snow underfoot and receiving positive feedback on hubpages always makes me happy and inspired to write more!

Sunshine! need your vitamin D!

10. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Those special days that you can't really plan when the grandkids come over and lean against you, or they reach out pudgy hands and take your arm and wrap it around them. Those little moments are so wonderful.  I also love to hear them laugh.

Love the feel of warm sunshine on my skin and the smell of the grass in the heat.

It is the little things, isn't it.  Happiness comes in spurts.