jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Outside of scientific reasons, what makes the world go around?

1. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Outside of scientific reasons, what makes the world go around?

What is it, that you think, makes the world propel forward or as the old saying goes, "what makes the world go around?  Is it evolution, nature of things or humanity, or does God have his hand in world's progress?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

In a single word, love. This is true on many levels. Eros, erotic love, allows one generation to produce the next generation. Philos, brotherly (and sisterly) love allows us to develop civilization and overcome understandable fear, anger, and even hatred towards the "other" so that we can cooperate. And Agape, spiritual love, whether seen as a human attribute and/or a quality of a Divine Creator, sustains the world and gives us a deeper reason for being.

3. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Didja ever see a guy spin a basketball on the tip of his finger?  Basically that's what God's doing, I think! wink

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love it!

2. dghbrh profile image78
      dghbrhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

what a reply !!!!!!! i don have any opinion after this.......i do agree with Civil War Bob with this very new picture of world going round and round.

3. CloudExplorer profile image78
      CloudExplorerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Smooth answer here, I think I will be checking out your writing style for sure, nice job on the simple yet basic answer that explains it all, awesome! Civil.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

Spirit in motion; Consciousness or as you call it Evolution. Again some say Love. I suspect my Teacher has them all in mind when he uses the word 'oneness'. The Absolute -silence and sound- manifesting powerfully to create Its game: life

1. backporchstories profile image80
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes....I like to call it energy matter...we all go back to the light, the original source, whatever name one wants to give the divine.

5. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

Spirituality makes the world go round. It is the power and voice of God. It is the expression of personality and intellect. It is beyond DNA and technical equations. INVISIBLE ,but effective  in action and reaction of existence.

6. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Human needs, intelligence that we have been gifted with and a belief in a strong Creator, who is a benevolent and loving God.

7. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Gravity pulls on everything in its relativistic fashion, but your looking for a more philosophical, or religious based answer to it, so I would have to say "faith in something" propels this globe to go round and round, or at least in human terms, and as the saying goes.
    I think this is true, mainly because without faith, humanity would lose touch with it all, and there would be no purpose to think of such things as the earth spinning and going round in the first place. I hope this can suffice as a sufficient enough answer.

8. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

In a general sense, nature makes the world go around. The course of events on the grand time scale is independent of humanity and continues to move forward regardless of what we do. 

If you are referring to our modern world and our lifestyle, then I would say engineers, innovators, scientists, and savvy business men are the ones making the world go around.

There are many possible, and valid, answers to this question.

9. kellyteam profile image60
    kellyteamposted 5 years ago

There was a song back in the day that said, "You know love, makes the world go round" by Smokie Robinson I believe. Ironic the Bible says "God Is Love". Guess Smokie was right!

working