Who or what is the Holy Spirit?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 6 years ago

Who or what is the Holy Spirit?

2. Rev. Akins profile image75
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

The Holy Spirit is an aspect of God in the Trinity. Seen as a dove, fire, wind, or many other manifestations it is a source above everything else. A source of love, faith, mercy and confidence. I love the fact that Greek the term is female. It is awesome and powerful. I hope that helps a little. :-)

3. KiandraRutledge profile image66
    KiandraRutledgeposted 6 years ago

It is a spirit that God uses to carry out his will.  It gives direction and guidance to those who open themselves to it and lead those people to carry the will that God has chosen for them in that given moment.  If you allow it to, it can fill you and move in ways you wouldn't imagine but would always be for a spiritual purpose no matter how small the deed.

4. connorj profile image80
    connorjposted 6 years ago

This is an excellent question and I believe most do not fully understand this principle. In our world, the human level if you will, one person is one being; thus, two persons are two separate beings. Now it is indeed interesting to consider why marriage in a sense is lifting up humans; primarily because it can sometimes have the effect of making two act as one. It introduces a 2nd dimension if you will; after all Christian marriage means two are to become one.
    On the divine level one will still find personalities; however, they will be combined in extraordinary ways and because we have virtually no idea how it does work we can only speculate.
    In God's dimension, if you will, you find a Being who is to us, 3 persons while remaining one Being. If you think of a cube you may perhaps "see" this better. Is not a cube made up of 6 squares yet remains one cube?
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that is One (in three dimensions). I for along time was confused about this; I always assumed the father came first and then the Son came later followed or near the same time as the Holy Spirit. This is an incorrect assumption. If you engage in the Gospel of John, Christ said "I am" He was begotten not born. This makes sense to me now...
    Here is what is of great significance, I will use an example, when a Christian prays he is trying to get into touch with God. Yet he should also realize that what is prompting im to pray is also God. You see it is God inside him. Yet he should reflect and realize that most all of his significant knowledge of God comes from Christ, the man who was God.
    After my comatose experience, it was significantly clear to me that Christ was beside me every moment of my life. I had no idea, and felt like a complete idiot for both the things I had done and the things I had failed to do. I had my greatest Sacramental Confession after this.
    Now, back to what I was saying before, you "see" when you are praying, Christ is right beside you, assisting with your prayer, praying for you. This is what is happening, first God is the "entity" which you are praying to or the goal you are trying to reach; God is also the entity or motive inside you pushing you on (this is why receiving Communion is so important, it is the Sacrament that helps put Christ in us); and God is (also) significantly the "bridge" which you are being pushed along to that goal. Therefore, this 3-fold life, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the three dimensional representation of God is One yet in 3 manifestations or perhaps even more manifestations...

1. darkland profile image59
      darklandposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Connor, That was very concise and well said.  I enjoyed it

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Could it be the child of God within?

Could it be that which must be awakened so that God's purpose may be realized on Earth?

When someone speaks ill of the Holy Spirit, they are committing the ultimate blasphemy, because there is no hope for the individual unless they reawaken their true selves.

This whole experiment called "civilization" is a massive rescue mission. God wants His children back, and get this -- God is not Homo sapiens.

6. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image59
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 6 years ago

The Holy Spirit is a person in the trinity. He is our comforter, teacher, guide and enables us to live a christian life. Without the Holy Spirit's help, we are left to the mercy of our flesh. Jesus did nothing without Him and we cannot too. We need Him even to know what to pray about. We are dependent on Him.

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 6 years ago

The Holy Spirit is "The Great Comforter" That Jesus talks about leaving on Earth after he departed to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is also the third part of the "Trinity" Father, Son (Jesus), Holy Spirit. He also is God's helper you might say, Here on Earth. The Holy Spirit will come over those who need to be lead to Christ.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)