Have you ever wished you could punish God for allowing the world to be the way i

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

Have you ever wished you could punish God for allowing the world to be the way it is now.

Maybe I am not supposed to ask this question but I am very interested in what people have to say about this issue. This planet is less than desirable place to live according to my evaluation, too much pain and suffering.  If God is really in charge an could fix the situation or at least make it better, don't you think God should get punished for allowing such turmoil?

2. jlpark profile image78
    jlparkposted 11 years ago

Hmm, my answer even surprised me - to start I'm not a religious person.
    In the common belief that God allows us free will, much of our suffering is of our own cause.  Not necessarily to suffering we ourselves are under, but the suffering of others.  Yes, for some of us that has been caused by ourselves personally, but for many - the decisions of a few have caused major suffering by the rest. - War, discrimination, hatred, poverty etc.
    We can fix the situation, and if God is as it is believed God is - all knowing - then he or she knows that. We just have to figure it out ourselves.

I'm agnostic, so I'm not sure of the existence of any gods, but I think that it works the same anyway - we are the creators of our own suffering - by causing the suffering of another...and we are all guilty of it.

Darrell Robertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ok but God has the power to rule the world. Why does God not help out more? Some days I equate God to a CEO who lets the inmates run the prison. smile. That CEO would get punished right?

3. baygirl33 profile image57
    baygirl33posted 11 years ago

Hi Darrell!
    The problem is like one of the apostles said to Jesus " Where else can we go if we leave you".
    If we're going to be angry at God we have to start a long way back,like at the Holocaust and the Irish potato famine and many other famines and attrocities since time began. There's really no point in worrying about punishing God. We just have to decide there's a plan. There has to be a plan right.
    A frog it is said,only sees what flies by for him to eat. The same way,we don't know the truth about why  bad things happen.
    Perhaps it is up to us.Perhaps it's a struggle between good and evil,and we're being judged on how we handle it all.
    As you see,what we think may or may not be the case.
    Better to live a good life and don't try to understand since it is not understandable.

4. bankscottage profile image90
    bankscottageposted 11 years ago

I sometimes think God is punishing us (or me) but until this question, I never thought about punishing God.

Lke jlpark, I don't think God is punishing us with the pain and suffering.  He (or she) may be testing, but I don't think punishing us.  He gave us talents, skills, and intelligence to solve the problems.  We need to fix our own problems not expect Him to do it for us.

God is not "in charge".  We are in charge.  He guides, he leads, we take responsibility.

I like this answer. Taking responsibility for our actions, yes, this sounds good to me.

5. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 11 years ago

This question came as a surprise. Personally I have never entertained that thought, but, to be honest I would not be surprised if God turned out to be something completely different to what we expect...or want.

Honestly, I hope, with every beat of my heart that He has a plan. I hope all of this is worth so much pain.

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If your viewpoint is that of child of God, instead of ego, you become invulnerable and suffering cannot touch you. I've been there, briefly. Now, I'm working on getting rid of ego so I can fully reawaken and make that state permanent

2. Darrell Roberts profile image71

I think you guys have good answers. Since humans have free will it would be unfair to blame God for our predicament. However, if God does have a plan, it would be nice if he sent us an email so we could have a clue.
      Best wishes.

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Hi Darrell. An ant may think things are unfair, but that's its limited viewpoint.

God loves all His children, but you have to face one very critical fact: God is not Homo sapiens. These human vessels are only a tool toward the goal of reawakening -- being reborn spiritually. Suffering is part of that birthing process. If a mother to be wanted to get rid of labor pains, she might be wishing away her own infant. Not good.

It's God's universe. Punishing the Father for creating us? That's an upside-down idea. You may as well hang an artist for producing a painting someone doesn't like.

There is purpose behind suffering and pain, karma and reincarnation. Jesus had some profound things to say about these things. But you can only understand them with humility and a hunger for truth.

1. ananceleste profile image61
      anancelesteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!

7. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 11 years ago

God never did anything to cause a person to do evil, God gave man a free will and man chose to do what he wanted to do. We have the right to either do good or bad that's free will. One can either obey God or disobey God but there are consequences for everything we do in life.

8. Radikum profile image61
    Radikumposted 11 years ago

This is an odd question; yet, a simple one too answer (for me). I have faith in the being upstairs; and I hold faith that the being (God, or whomever you believe) has faith in us. I've never had a problem with questioning the ill's of the world or rather or not God directly influences them; however, if the God that I (and billions of others) have faith in, is indeed inflicting the problems on the world, I choose to endure them to the best of my ability. Retribution has no place, when your keeping the faith.

I am against pain and suffering. So if the "God" would create being with feeling to have hem suffer. I would want God to share in the pain and suffering.

9. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 11 years ago

man did this to this world.  God give man FREE CHOICE and in all of this God love for us is shown , but the evil of man roll on

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)