jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Does It Mean When You Dream About Being Chased?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Typically it means there is something in your life you want to escape or run away from.  Being chased symbolizes the "fight or flight" response we all have and chances are you are feeling a little overwhelmed by something or that something is about to "get ya" in your daily life.  Some examples could be debt, bad relationships, loneliness, you name it...

3. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

It means that you are running from something in you waking life. Has someone or something frightened you lately? Is there a circumstance or situation that involves the chaser that makes you want to get away? You are the best person to interperate your dreams. Think about your waking life and write down your dreams if you can. Alot is said in the small details we forget when we wake up.

Blessed Be.

4. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I'm no psychologist, but I see this as a distancing of oneself from guilt, fears of a particular origin, or concern that an action in the past may cause a hostile force in pursuing because of a debt,or a misdeed. I have had a recurring dream from college days in which I was sitting in a class, and had not completed all of my assigned work and was in deepest fear of losing credits and flunking out of school. I graduated four separate times, earning degrees in several subjects and never actually was in such a position the entire time I attended college. Fears work on us all in many different ways.

5. LaughingRain profile image82
    LaughingRainposted 5 years ago

if it's a recurring dream it means you haven't faced off with the thing or being that is chasing you. so it's like an unconscious fear that needs to be brought conscious. then it will disappear after u discover the thing or idea that is fearful to you.
    I once had a cartoon like monster chasing me in dream. I suppose I was afraid of too many things to be able to analyze why this kept happening. in the dream one night I decided to turn around and let it catch me simply because I didn't want to run away anymore. all I knew then was if I let it catch me, I would no longer have to run night after night. yet when I faced off with it, the monster talked to me, to say, "you're not supposed to face off with me because I thought you wanted me to chase you, now I'm out of a job!" then it disappeared forever to my amazement, it was not real. I had made it up. this taught me how I am really in control as to whether my fears are real or made up.

working