jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you practice any type of routine that helps you keep balance in your life?

1. RandombyBabbles profile image61
    RandombyBabblesposted 5 years ago

Do you practice any type of routine that helps you keep balance in your life?

Anything that you do in a regular basis that helps you be you..
    Praying , meditation, tea, gratefulness ... Donuts?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Routine's always help my life. They make things easier. I have a certain way of doing the dishes, sorting my clothes, hot tea every day, reading once a week, cleaning every Saturday morning, having Friday as a slow-down day, etc. They help me get everything done in time.

3. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

Balance in life is important and I do certain things to maintain that balance. I have never achieved great success in life, but I never give up trying. I like cleanliness very much and however low I might feel, i keep my home neat and tidy and believe me it does help in boosting my morale.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

It is very important for me to follow a routine.  And yes, that does bring balance  and discipline in life. Getting up early, that is before Sunrise, going for morning and evening walks, practicing Yoga, prayers and meditation are part of my daily routine. I have my time allotted for each activity. If I do get some spare time, which is quite rare, I prefer to use it in a constructive way. I do not like sitting idle. I prefer planning in advance rather than last minute confusion and hassles.

5. missolive profile image93
    missoliveposted 5 years ago

Balance is so important and I immediately feel when I'm off kilter. Also, spirituality is very important to me. I sincerely feel it is our life source and we need to nourish it. Otherwise I'm like a crazy flickering light bulb (haha). Breathing techniques, meditation and walking are 'me' times to reconnect with myself, my soul and our creator. As for health, breakfast is either matcha or masala chai with something light... and after dinner? I like to balance a nice piece of dark chocolate in one hand and a small glass of merlot in the other (hehe). This means I've had to learn to set the keyboard down and step away from the computer. smile

6. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

I go to relaxing places and I also do weight lifting, cardio, balance exercises and relaxation exercises like meditation.  Eating a wide variety of healthy foods also helps.  I spend time sitting around but I try to stay active when possible.  I keep my life balanced by balancing it.  To make for the time I spend in front of my computer I stand up and exercise while I watch TV.  I also spend time outside surrounded by nature.

While I like computers and other technology I also try get away from it on a regular basis.  I spend a awful lot of time sitting in front of my computer but I also bike long distance to provincial parks, go for hikes in the woods and do difficult exercises like one handed push ups.