The US Christian Right promotes a Ugandan Holocaust.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 57 discussions (246 posts)
  1. Friendlyword profile image59
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

Soon, Uganda will start murdering it's Citizens, with the help from some of the worst of us here in the United States. Some people in the Christian Right and some Christian Evangelists (and one gay nut!) helped write a bill in Uganda that will allow the Ugandan Government to Murder the homosexual People in their Country.

Some Countries have stepped up and said they will cut off aid to Uganda if this Holocust Bill is passed. But what will anyone do to actually stop this Christian backed Holocaust in Uganda before it starts?  Help came too late for the Jews in Germany. Bill Clinton tried to stop the slaughter in Somalia. Bill Clinton finally put a stopped to the slaughter in Bosnia. 

This time the world is watching and is fully aware of what is about to happen. Who will step up and put a  stop to the Holocust in Uganda before it starts? I'm waiting to hear some thing of substance from the Leader of the United States, Israel, the Vatican and any other leader with a conscience in the free world. What are you going to do to stop this Holocaust?

Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tomorrow President Obama will go to get his Peace Prize. Will he accept it? And then allow a Holocaust to take place soon after he comes home with it?

2. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did not know about this how inhumane and sick who in the %^&$ would try to pass such a bill? Obama had better step in and do something as well as the Vatican and Israel what in the heck is going on in this World? I have became so disgusted. sad

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Dude,

Homosexuality is a sin and you sinners need to be cleansed from god's creation. Just the way it is. I am not saying this myself - I am merely passing on what I know to be the truth.

Thank you for Merely passing on the fact that you condone Murder of your Brothers and Sister God put here on this earth with you. It is so wrong for people to say you are sick, twisted, evil nuts. You are Merely Good Christians. God Bless you Brother.

2. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I considered what you said informed and unbiased in the past.
        Latter dude,you just lost my confidence.
        I'm sure you couldn't care less and thats OK too.

He wasn't being serious, he's being sarcastic.

1. cheaptrick profile image75

I Know that.
            It is the Baiting of others so HE can feed HIS Ego(the dude must drive a pick up truck so he can carry it with him)that is so repugnant.MR "thinks he Knows" is mean spirited and doesn't see that he dose what he does at the price of his credibility which is quickly running out.
            Soon he will be bankrupt thank God.
            If there is a God.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Aww - sweetie. Sorry you don't get the attention you crave.

Repugnant and mean spirited|? Oh you mean like baiting non believers in the hope they will attack you. Sure...

And no - your opinion is of no value to me. Or anyone else by the looks of things.

Merry Christmas.

Good work.You pushed the right button.I lost control and told what is clearly the truth about you.

Your comment"or anyone else by the looks of things"is accurate.

HP staff spanked me and told me to stand in the corner for three days.You win,but so do I.

"the truth will set you free"But it usually hurts like hell first.

Well it did,but now I'm free and a bit more aware of your tactics.See you next round...

Thanks Marky,happy new year...

1. sooner than later profile image59
                  sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it means any comfort, I had every part in Marks ban for the last 5 days or so. who knows how long he is gone.

You must be kidding,how could HP ban such a Big money maker?This must be a joke!

4. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a good 'ole witch hunt to me.  It is not surprising that this kind of thing is taking place.  The US has no vested interest in this country and therefore allows fringe groups to prey on them. Shame on them and shame on us for allowing it to happen if it passes.

5. Bibowen profile image86
      Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Clinton had an excuse for his delay. He was distracted....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a farce that was! smile

1. Bibowen profile image86

Typical. Monica and Bill-Blame Starr; Ugandan AIDS epidemic-blame Christianity; violent crime-blame the gun; declining literacy--blame the government; rising poverty-blame the wealthy; the Europeans don't like America-blame America; fuel-loaded jets fly into American skyscrapers-blame American imperialism.

Keep trying...

1. livelonger profile image86
              livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Keep trying:
              - Monica and Bill: blame the Republicans who didn't have a policy platform to stand on so made ad hominem attacks against the man
              - Ugandan AIDS epidemic: blame widespread ignorance, with self-serving Christianism just part of the problem
              - violent crime: blame our violence-obsessed culture
              - rising poverty: blame policy designed to heighten inequality (see Grover Norquist, Club for Growth)
              - European don't like America: blame both American policy and their own political blame-shifting
              - 9/11: blame the terrorists, the activities of which the Bush Administration was warned against repeatedly beforehand.

If reality isn't your flavor, you can keep on believing the narrative of victimhood that the right seems to delight in.

Sorry. Hope you weren't aiming for reality. You missed.
                1.   ad hominem attacks, for small things, like perjury.
                2.   "Ignorance kills"--that's lovely...
                3.   Inequality--Grover who?? Is Obama a part of this conspiracy? He appears to be doing his part to keep us all in the poor house.
                4.   Europeans & 9-11--I said, "blame America" didn't I? So, we actually agree on that one.

Finally, reality is not a flavor (like vanilla or strawberry); it's what we have to deal with every day, something your trite responses indicate that you missed.

Besides, the point being made that the US Christian right promotes the indiscriminate killing of homosexuals would be funny if the topic (the death of Ugandans) were not so serious. Who's promoting this? James Dobson? Pat Robertson? George W. Bush? Ann Coulter?

2. Friendlyword profile image59

Are you serious? I think I will keep trying. SILENCE = DEATH.

2. Professor Eric profile image60
    Professor Ericposted 14 years ago

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals. "

The Doctor Ron Paul

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm, that's quite a quote.

3. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

It would be nice to see a link to this information and the associtation to Christianity. Anything less would be ignorant

Ignorant as in...Not ever hearing about GOOGLE?

1. XTASIS profile image60
        XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance is bliss!     lol

4. topshelf profile image62
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

I never heard about this. And I have to disagree with you mark. The Christians that I know don't think like that. We are all humans and we're not perfect. And I agree with sooner or later I doubt it's actually "Christians" behind it. They probably call themselves Christians to make us look bad.

It's horrible that something like this is going down and Obamam needs to do whatever he needs to do to stop it from happening.

LOLOL

There are plenty of christians who feel this way. Just look through the anti homosexual threads here - or see what the catholic church has to say about it.

But no no - these are just pretending to be Christians to make you look bad? lol

1. topshelf profile image62
        topshelfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just read the article, and who knows they really could be behind it. And no they not making me look bad smile
        they making Christians look bad sad

2. XTASIS profile image60

Some people are going to get killed.
        But it seems some people here only care of what 'christians' look like considering this issue !
        GREAT  !!

wow... That's what you think

Wow !
            Do you have any problem ?

Nope and i'm done i know how u are
              so dueces smile

3. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well this is truly disgusting.  I agree, if they are intentionally giving AIDS to others they should be tried for man slaughter.  But I don't agree with the death penalty or an all out attack on homosexuals.

The Catholic Church has nothing to do with this Mark.  I found a site that says this.

Source

Thank you for this information.  I think the pressure got to them, They removed murder from the Bill, but I only have one source on that so far. I have to check.

2. Make  Money profile image66

I can't help but think that we are not getting the full picture here.

Why do you think the "Ugandan public overwhelmingly supports laws enforced against homosexuality"?

Because of the spread of Aids. Because of the religious influence in that country against any type of birth control or protection from STDs. The scapegoat they have to deflect the blame from the STUPIDITY of the government is the Homosexual People of their country. They are simply an easy target.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

This is a scary part:

"This new draft bill includes a provision that could lead to the imprisonment for up to three years of anyone, including heterosexual people, who fails to report within 24 hours the identities of everyone they know who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, or who supports human rights for people who are."

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/10/15/u … -defenders

"Over recent months, there has been increased campaigning against homosexuality in Uganda, led by churches and anti-gay groups. The media have joined this campaign, and have publicly pointed to individuals they accuse of being gay or lesbian."

6. sooner than later profile image59

Its not happening. This is another door oppened to bash Christ and those who follow Him. Just some ultra lefty thinking again. btw lefty and thinking are really oxymoronical at times like these.

1. profile image0
      thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see they lifted the ban sooner.

Thanks, I am about to remove my content and vanish into the Costa Rican and Panamonian sunsets for good though. My wife and I feel now is a good time to retire. Besides, I've been told "if you don't like it here then leave". haha. even cheertards can give good advice sometimes.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
          marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not just move somewhere and start a cult where all believe the same as you. That way, you could live blissfully. God forbid anyone disagrees with you.

I told you they can give good advice. wink

2. profile image0

Yep, there is a Mass Exodus of Christians from this place, I'm thinking of exiting as well. If they don't get by now they never will.

ciao

No debate ? big_smile
              hmm  yikes  lol

2. sooner than later profile image59

You should come live at my Costa Rican Commune!!! No gays accepted and we teach that intentional lisp speaking is a speach impediment.

1. profile image0

lol

That is some christian love right there that is. Hitler settled down that way if I remember rightly. You should be in good christian company.

1. profile image0

So Sensitive.

I thought you were a better person thetruthurts !
                I know who you are ! sad
                I'm surprised !

1. profile image0

roll

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Gardner Osagie from Texas.

I think I know a little bit more ?
                    And  this person should be ashamed of so low feelings

3. profile image0

Nope, I am a bad person! I lie, steal, lust, I've never met a person more evil than myself. I'm a sinner and I deserve hell, but I'm saved by the grace of Almighty God, not of myself. We all can't be perfect like you skeptics wink

Why are you doing this to yourself ??

that's a lie !!
              A lot of gay friends I have there
              Why are you saying such disgusting things of Costa Rica ???
              what a disgusting shame !!!!

I'm just talking about my commune in particular. Not Costa Rica.

Do you think I would make this up. We're are talkin life and death hear. This not the time for your corny, worn out lines.
      http://www.examiner.com/x-28320-World-N … y-for-gays

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

quick, someone send them a copy of The Crucible.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
  9. Uninvited Writer profile image79

That is all that matters to some people, the fact that someone might make them look bad is worse than someone possibly being put to death. roll

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee229/photophatty67/dog_playing_violin.gif

10. sooner than later profile image59

In my commune walls a "fruity drink" will be changed to a "tropical drink". and everyone will live happily ever after as marine stated.

11. XTASIS profile image60
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

CATHARSIS

12. sooner than later profile image59

In my walls the rainbow will be reinstated as a natural wonder and nobody can claim it as their own.

13. sooner than later profile image59

Swine? wink haha

Hahaha !
      lol

14. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Here's a clip that explains the U.S. Christian connection to the Ugandan antigay bill. I know many of the Christians in the forums will blow it off because it's Rachel Maddow, but she interviewed the guy the Ugandans cite to back up their plans last night--a right wing Christian guy who claims 'the gay' can be cured. He was incredibly, embarrassingly lame.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34214774

1. profile image0

MSNBC? lol

1. profile image0

ALL left-wing liberal sources NOT reputable too much spin sorry mark sad

LOLOL

You think the right wing fascist publications will print anything?

Heil!

Have a nice time in South America without the lisps. It would be what Jeebus dun wanted.

You are alway so nice. The guy is a gay Nut! See... We are just like straight people.  We have mentally ill people too.

I have a solution for loons like that.

Read the factual medical knowledge available everywhere on the net. go to any University library site, or just talk to a GP and find out the truth. Peoples sexuality is an irrelevancy anyway. Who cares?

15. sooner than later profile image59

For those of you who really read the article. "Me". It talks about those intentionally or irresposibly spreading HIV when they know they have it. It is not only subjective to gays but those diagnosed with HIV or Aids.

Thanks for the good time though.

BTW is a lisp really THAT attractive?

1. profile image0

See I knew it this thread is ALL http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/keirat/txt/Scans/W/WordSpin.jpg

Thanks for the truth sooner.

You are welcome Truth. And so are the rest of you.

2. sooner than later profile image59

bump

16. Friendlyword profile image59

The latetess news is the Uganda Government just removed Murder of their citizens from the their Homosexual Holocaust Bill.

I'm hope it's true. Stay tuned.

17. sooner than later profile image59

Let me ask you this. Why can't you see.

If somebody has HIV/Aids and they know it. then they spread it, isn't that murder? I think the death penalty should be in order.

Do you have Aids?

You get no argument from me on that point. There's just no way to know who is guilty of knowingly spreading the disease.

18. sooner than later profile image59

and here is how that works. they don't kill one person. No, they kill many.
    John and Steve hook up. Steve has HIV but doesn't tell John. Steve then hooks up with Billy, Mike and Phil. John is now sleeping with Frank, Fred and Tom. Now Billy, Mike, Phil, Frank, Fred and Tom have all hooked up with multiple partners and they don't know that they are spreading HIV.

Steve should die.

Here's a thought...Why not kill the disease instead of Murdering people? Oh no. They cant do that. It's not cost effective. That why people are dying, and that's why Uganda wants to murder its citizens.

19. sooner than later profile image59

The bill was really meant to save "safe practicing homosexuals" if there is such a thing. But your media and the american homosexual community will inevitably kill many more by ignoring the problem and making another "gay rights victory".

good job.

bump

And you wonder why you get banned.

20. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I posted a link to the bill...wasn't right or left, just was the bill...

If there really is a mass exodus of Christians then maybe the HubPages forum will go back to how it was before the mass invasion smile

I bet it was fun.

21. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I don't think we are getting the full story here seeing "Ugandan lawmakers and religious leaders, both Muslim and Christian, have thrown their support behind the bill, and the Ugandan public overwhelmingly supports laws enforced against homosexuality."

And seeing the the bill states these four parts especially the end of part 2 and part 3.

1) those found guilty of homosexual activity will be sentenced to a minimum of life in prison,

2) homosexuals that are HIV positive will automatically be sentenced to death as well as those who commit homosexual acts more than once and/or with minors,

3) the “promotion of homosexuality” through leaflets or otherwise will be outlawed,

4) anyone who refuses to report homosexual activity will receive a 3 year prison sentence.

22. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I understand the fear of HIV and the spread, but nothing gives people the right to kill another for a sexual act that is consentual. This is a barbaric retrograde step in my view and other solutions should be taken regardless of cost.

23. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I have a couple questions about the people reporting on the bill.

1. Are Maddow and Sharlet Gay? The reason I ask is they would naturally be a tad less objective.

2. What denomination is actually stating officially they support the law? I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would want gays imprisoned or executed. Unless someone recklessly or intentionally infects an innocent.

3. What churches are part of "The Family"? I've never heard of it.

I'm personally against any harm coming to any one no matter what sexual orientation. I would stand in defense of their rights to live in peace without fear of harm. That said, I still would support a "Civil Union" and not gay marraige. It's what I believe but I will obey any and all laws.

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rachel Maddow is gay. I don't know about Jeff Sharlet. The Family is a nondemoninational, somewhat secretive group that runs a sort of apartment house/retreat center in DC for right wing politicians. It has come under increased scrutiny, largely because of Sharlet's writing and Maddow's promotion of Sharlet's writing, for espousing views that are more antinomian than conventionally Christian. (I had to look that word up myself so I thought I would use it---I may never get another chance! lol!)

Seriously though, if I was in a group that was being targeted to for extermination in another country (or this one) I would think that being 'biased' against my own potential extermination was completely justified.

The worst thing about this mess is the resounding silence on the topic by people who aren't 'biased'--which I think is what this thread meant to discuss.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the clarification Pam. I personally won't condone that type of behavior and am willing to stand against it.

24. Friendlyword profile image59

The latest news is that Uganda is not going to murder its citizens. They are going to cure them of their Homosexuality.

(In addition to formulating punishments for the gay people, the bill will also promote counseling to help “attract errant people to acceptable sexual orientation,” said Buturo.)

That's a little trick they learned from a United States Gay Nut job Richard Cohen.

Why did Richard Cohen and the Right Wing Evangelical group called The Family take their Bloodlust all the way to a country on the other side of the planet? Why does the STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN have to be built on the bodies of murdered people?

1. profile image0
      B52 Bomberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where are you getting this information?

???

1. profile image0

again, same question

This is a forum topic with 86 posts to it so far.  My question to you is where am I gettting this information from RELATED TO WHAT?

1. profile image0

Your first post.

I'm sorry. I didn't know what you meant. Here is the actual Bill and some information about the people from the United States that help write the bill.

http://wthrockmorton.com/wp-content/upl … l-2009.pdf

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34214774

1. profile image0

Thank you,I didn`t mean to anger you. I truly am interested in this. I`m new on these hub pages.`

Welcome to Hubpages.  Sorry this is one of the first things you have to see here.

1. profile image0

Are you offended?

Offended by what?

1. profile image0

By the fact someone would propose a law that would hurt alot of people.

Are you feeling well today?

1. profile image0

Yes, well I'll answer for you, of course you're offended! The same way Christians are offended by abortion and gay marraige. I agree this is horrible but where are the feelings for the things that offend us?

Again...Are you feeling well today.  You equate thousands of people being murdered in a holocaust to a woman needing an abortion.  Two people wanting to marry offends you more than the slaughter of thousands of innocent people?

1. profile image0

The murder of babies is more offensive to me, sorry. Of course gay marraige isn't as horrible but why offend anybody over any controversal issue. How about reasonable compromises?

25. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

uh oh. You fell into the trap.

I like Sneak maybe someone should call for help!

1. profile image0

Thanks for the offer!smile

26. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

As I recall, the Romans murdered and crucified a lot of Christians. The phrase "fed to the lions" also comes to mind. And as I recall in the recent past, ethnic cleansing as well as religious jihads, and all sorts of evil have been perpetrated by those claiming devout religious values.

The bill proposed for Uganda is reprehensible and only demonstrates the continued ignorance, stupidity and adherence to idiotic cultural and religious superstitions, fed by a gasoline can of religious nut jobs here in the US and other places.

Maybe Christians need to be fed to the lions again to remember what this all really feels like.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So...you're for murdering Christians, are ya?

1. Make  Money profile image66

There seems to be a few around here that don't mind suggesting something like that.

I wonder if they realize they are committing a UN human rights violation.

That last line was over the top. But, dont talk as if the man didn't make a great point about religious groups forgeting the horrors of the past. It was about to happen again. That was the point Daniel made clear. Dont twist his message, it is too important.

That's a bit much. I think they just need to remember their history. I you see too many people forgot, and now were repeating it.

27. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Also, on a slightly different note, I think that religious groups that are clearly lobbying politically or intervening in ways that are even more direct than simple lobbying (like The Family, the Catholic Church, etc.) should lose their tax exempt status.

Either you're running a religion and staying out of politics or you're a political lobbying group that calls itself a religion.

I don't think it's fair to have it both ways.

1. profile image0

I can agree with that also. Abuse of a protected position should cause that group to lose that protection.

Glad you're feeling better Dad.

2. Make  Money profile image66

Why do you include the Catholic Church in this thread?  They have nothing to do with this Uganda thing.

So Pam do you also think that gay & lesbian charities like JustGive or LGF, or abortion rights charities like Planned Parenthood should also lose there charitable status?  They certainly are political.

1. profile image0

I include the Catholic Church because it actively lobbies against abortion. There's a difference between lobbying Congress directly and talking about political issues as they relate to a religion in church as part of church. The first should be prohibited on the basis of separation of Church and State, the second is protected under the freedom of religion and the right to assemble and speak.

Some charities have a tax exempt status, and others, because of their political affiliations, don't.

I don't know enough about the charities you mention to comment specifically on them, but in general, political donations should be not be tax exempt (including those that go to specific political causes like gay rights or anti-abortion), while nonpolitical charities should retain the exemption.

I'm not reinventing the wheel here. This is all established already. Some groups like The Family are pushing the envelope.

I think they are two different things.

28. Make  Money profile image66

"(including those that go to specific political causes like gay rights or anti-abortion)"

Weren't you meaning pro-abortion (example Planned Parenthood)?

1. profile image0

Either one--you're missing my point that the key element here is political lobbying and influence versus altruism.

Or are you intentionally missing the point?

29. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I doubt anyone on here would seriously advocate murdering Christians...

1. profile image0

Why would you doubt it?

That's what Daniel's post said.

While he claimed Christians are responsible for the advocation of murdering homosexuals.

It's strange how so many people don't mind advocating violence against Christians,  while at the same time defending the "humanity" of those who commit unGodly perversions.

The Truth is that homosexuality is against God.  Why else would He destroy whole cities, except for that rebellion against Him?

The Truth is also that we as humans have NO right to commit murder either, except to kill in the line of duty in war, etc., or to protect ourselves or others against physical assault.
      And that would include ABORTION as a wrong, as murder.

Yet liberals think it's okey-dokey to defend the homosexual in his/her rebellious ways,  when instead they should be grateful (at least here in the USA) that it's no longer against the law to BE homosexual.   But they still continue to push for it to be sanctioned by our laws.   Twisted, selfish thinking that's undermining our whole social system and still in defiance of God.

So, in other words, you are advocating the murdering of gays? you sound exactly like those pushing for this law to be passed.

I respect your religious opinion. Thank you for at least admitting murder of homosexuals is wrong. If it is Gods Judgement, why not leave it up to God? Why did a Cult and a Government try to promote Murder of Homosexual People in Uganda?

30. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Because, like UW said, no one is seriously advocating the killing of Christians.

However, there is a law really being debated in Uganda, and in force in other backwards countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran, that allows the killing of gay people.

Do you really not understand the difference?

1. profile image0

What I really understand is that the thought of killing Christians is being trivialized,  while people here are worried about gays in another country! 
      I say leave Uganda's laws to the Ugandan people.

Would it be so hard for gays in Uganda to simply (gulp) NOT act like perverts?

And don't worry.  They will probably just simply begin an exodus to America,  where our President will welcome them with open arms and whitewash their activiities with his pc controller.

31. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I'm leaving now because I don't want to say something that will get me banned...

Good idea; I will follow suit. I have to remember that adage of not arguing with idiots; onlookers will not be able to tell the difference! smile

I've been banned a few times because of comments like that. You got to consider the source and let it ride my friend.

32. sooner than later profile image59

The bill has alot to do with the things I stated before and homosexual rapists targeting children in adolescence. Guess what, HIV/AIDS are rampent. If I had a son in that country that contracted aids by a homosexual rapist- I would seek to kill.

Children are being raped by their Fathers, Brothers, Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles. People that are around them everyday. Raping them every day. You are on the wrong forum. Convenient lies are accepted next door.

Why don't you do yourself a little research on sex crime in Uganda. It may be enlightening.

You forgot to direct him to a church site for the information! lol

1. profile image0

Amen.

How could anything coming from the Ugandan Government be enlightening? You do some reserch of your own. In africa and the middle east GANGS OF STRIGHT MEN RAPE WOMEN AND CHILDREN DAILY! Children are sold into sexual slavery by Straight men every day! Women are raped to shame them. All these acts spread AIDS.

2. profile image0

Richard Cohen, the evangelical guy who claims to be able to 'cure' gay people and whose writing was used by the Ugandan government to justify the bill, says in his book that gay people are more likely to molest children than straight people. When confronted on MSNBC about that passage, Cohen said he was planning to remove it from the next edition of the book. The thing is, it's not correct information. Most pedophiles are heterosexual males, and this is accepted as fact within the psychiatric community.

There is a lot of misinformation being circulated in some Christian communities and it keeps circulating because it reinforces their fears and superstitions about sexuality. You'd think the Bible was all about why gay people are evil. There's barely anything in there about gay people at all.

I've confronted some of the writers here about it and basically they don't care. They've made a decision to believe what they want to believe instead of what can be empirically shown to be true.

I believe Pam answered that

I do not know the official studies on this matter, but it's hard to believe that most molestations are by heterosexual men given that all of the molestations of boys are done by homosexuals and then some of the ones that would be done to young girls. Perhaps she means that all the molestations perpetrated on young girls are done by mostly heterosexuals.

But, surely you'll acknowledge that to broadbrush the Christian right with this accusatory nonsense is irresponsible. What about the relief efforts that have been provided by Christian missionaries and other evangelical relief organizations to assist the people in that nation? Are they a part of this genocide program? How many of the American "Christian Right" are actively involved in this promotion? One-tenth? Five percent?

If those that are really concerned about this issue want to get some traction on it, they're going to have to do better than to accuse a community with half-baked facts, a group of people of whom half are not even aware of the plight in Uganda, let alone actively advancing a policy of wanton genocide.

Here is some half baked facts you seem to want of overlook.  SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE A PART OF A CHRISTIAN CULT...went to Uganda, and for years steared their government with their Cult influence. These were evil people, their intent was evil.   The Government of Uganda is using the words and influence of those Cult Followers; to Write a Bill that will make it a law to kill the homosexual people in their country.  I dont see where good Christian people just living their lives has anything to do with this? People are using religion to do evil things. The Bible, and The Christian, The Jewish, and The Muslim religions have nothing to do with this. It's the few in those religions that use the word of God to do evil things; that's what I'm speaking out against.

1. Make  Money profile image66

Well Friendlyword maybe if you had have started this thread with something like that it would have taken a different turn.  Nobody that has posted in this thread wants to see the death penalty for people in Uganda just because they are homosexuals.

This thread has taken quite the twist.  To tell you the truth the witch doctor Joseph Kony and his LRA guerrilla band that come out of the Uganda jungle to commit random murders, abductions, mutilations, sexual enslavement of women and children, and forcing children to participate in hostilities has completely nothing to do with this Uganda homosexual bill.  Lets face it like Bibowen and myself have previously said Christians are the ones that are taking the brunt of Joseph Kony's LRA guerrilla band.
                Christians are literally ‘crucified’ in LRA guerrilla raids
                Church official: Ugandan rebels kill Congolese civilians as revenge

Joseph Kony's LRA guerrilla band and the Uganda homosexual bill are two completely separate issues.

Below is what brought on the Uganda homosexual bill.

Homosexual admits recruiting students
                "George ‘Georgina’ Oundo and another gay activist, “Brenda” Kiiza, were arrested on September 10, 2008, for “recruiting homosexuals”. But they were released on September 18, 2008 after their lawyer and the international human rights organisation, Human Rights Watch, protested."

Uganda Refuses to Bow to United Nations Pressure to Accept Homosexuality
                "Warns homosexual indoctrination and recruitment taking place in some schools under guise of humanitarian relief organizations"

Int'l Pressure on Uganda to Accept Homosexuality Caused Over-the-Top Sanctions: Christian Activist
                "Dr. Lively, a pro-family activist and attorney based in California was in Uganda in March to testify before Ugandan legislators now considering the legislation. In an interview with LifeSiteNews (LSN), Dr. Lively explained that the impetus for the bill was "a lot of external interference from European and American gay activists attempting to do in Uganda what they've done around the world - homosexualize that society." One of their main concerns, explained Lively, "are the many male homosexuals coming in to the country and abusing boys who are on the streets."

Lively explained that the bill, as it is currently worded, is definitely too harsh. The law would impose the death penalty on those who would homosexually rape, and engage in homosexual intercourse with minors, and someone who would knowingly commit homosexual sex acts while having AIDS. Those found guilty of willingly engaging in homosexual sex acts would face life in prison."

Uganda debates death penalty for gays
                "Influenced by Western lifestyle?
                David Bahati, the legislator sponsoring the bill, said he was encouraging "constructive criticism" to improve the law but insisted strict measures were necessary to stop homosexuals from "recruiting" schoolchildren.

"The youths in secondary schools copy everything from the Western world and America," said high school teacher David Kisambira. "A good number of students have been converted into gays. We hear there are groups of people given money by some gay organizations in developed countries to recruit youth into gay activities."

I new there was something with this story that wasn't being reported in here.

1. profile image52
                  dano853posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Make Money said:
                  Below is what brought on the Uganda homosexual bill.

Homosexual admits recruiting students
                  "George ‘Georgina’ Oundo and another gay activist, “Brenda” Kiiza, were arrested on September 10, 2008, for “recruiting homosexuals”. But they were released on September 18, 2008 after their lawyer and the international human rights organisation, Human Rights Watch, protested."

WELL.... Its good to see someone is doing some research. And to top it off.. George's story is what clicked in my head and caused me some repentance of my last post. I must promote love, healing and reconciliation. George became a Christian... if there has been any GOOD change in Him it is from Christ. For any religeous organization to exploit a new convert in this matter is reprehensible. If he is now an ex-gay... fine, but why would he support a strictly legal (and fruitless) solution to this problem when that's not what helped him? Did Law change his life? Was it the threat of imprisonment? Evidence would say not. He was a lost soul in need of a savior (which has nothing to do with same sex attraction one way or another). That is the inherent condition of every being on earth.
                  Passing a law, throwing people in jail or killing them helps no one. No one was ever "cured of homosexuality" by imprisonment or death. I fully stand by these 2 earlier statements: This law is from the PIT. &...a government which only PUNISHES its citizens for wrong, does them an injustice.

Those who truly love the Lord should speak out for the life changing power of Christ... NOT antigay legislation.

2. Bibowen profile image86

It appears that "Make Money" has provided several links on this topic. I'd suggest you read some more before you make any more outlandish statements, like your comments that started this thread.

I suggest you leave this thread or read it. Dont suggest my actions here.  I'm not going to be distracted from making my point. Start your own thread and say what ever you want.

Acting like an autocrat over this thread won't bolster your baseless claim that the Christian right promotes Ugandan genocide.

33. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

sooner than later,  I agree.

And I also find it ironic that people ignore our own "holocaust" here in the U.S.----the sanctioning of killing unborn babies;  while the fight for the right to shout sodomy acts from the rooftops is being promoted as a "good" thing.

I know. Thats a whole diff ball of wax. I get sick even talking about it. Wouldn't you know that the same people that blame God for the death of the innocent are the same ones standing in abortion lines- or are for it.

1. profile image0

Brenda, Make Money, and Sooner. Thank you for actually reading the reading the entire bill!
        http://www.rescuepost.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/08/applause.jpg

34. earnestshub profile image80

Friendlyword wrote.

"Because of the spread of Aids. Because of the religious influence in that country against any type of birth control or protection from STDs. The scapegoat they have to deflect the blame from the STUPIDITY of the government is the Homosexual People of their country. They are simply an easy target."

Anyone who still does not understand this simply does not want to. Bloomin obvious!

1. profile image0

What is obvious is that some vocal, conservative 'Christians' think killing homosexuals is not that bad of an idea, especially if it is happening somewhere else. That's both obvious and sickening.

35. earnestshub profile image80

Homophobes are not interested in the truth. Easier to hate. smile

36. sooner than later profile image59

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. Its like you want Christians to hate themselves. I know I'm a homophobic-I took an online quiz. too bad I feel the word homophobic is a spin to make people feel guilty for not agreeing with a lifestyle. It was interesting that I was dubbed a "homophobe" by the site because I only stressed my dislike for homosexuality. I in no way, shape or form promoted violence against the homosexual community. I did say that I would speek against it.

What I think. I think you are self promoting your thread to keep it alive. I think you want to make some form of connection between Christians and murderers. I think that is very low. I think you are digging. I think you are stooping, and I think there is nothing more that could be said about the subject.

Christians murder their minds!

1. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey look you're over here making assumptions and character judgments, you're something else hypocrite.

I can explain it.

1. profile image0

Yeah you can, you're an insulting strife seeking man, who speaks about humility while insulting anyone who crosses his path. You play innocent on one thread the fling mud on another while lecturing me about self-control, and judging. Yeah there's alot to explain.

You don't think the bible limits a belief and mind?

1. profile image0

Wait you're going to tell religionists that the Bible limits their thinking then use it an an excuse to belittle people on this thread and make lite of a horrible situation. The Bible is a book. Not an excuse, not a limit, the only limit in this world are the ones we put on ourselves.

Why do you believe everything is disrespectful? Do you not think the bible puts a limit on what a persons mind believes?

1. profile image0

No I don't, why should it, it's a book and without someone to read it just a book, that can be put down and discarded at any time. The only limit in your life is you.

And how is telling Christians that their belief in what's in the Bible is murdering their minds not disrespectful, in what world is that considered polite conversation?

2. Presigo profile image60
                    Presigoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marine, how can the Bible place a limit on understanding ? It is endless glory of all of creation, miracles,victory when all is lost, it states that all things are possible with faith even moving a mountain !!! You percieve limitation in this ?

Let me think about that...I think I will tell you what I'm thinking so you wont have to tell me what I'm thinking or doing. I am speaking out against a possible holocaust. They seem to occur every decade or so. I have lived long enough to know how it starts. So I'm speaking out because I'm scared of what is about to happen.  Once it starts, it wont just be Christians doing the killing.  Every dreg of that society will join in. Google the Rise of the Third Reich. Do some thinking for yourself. I doing fine without your help. Thank you.

37. sooner than later profile image59

your team

38. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

a holocaust is a great fire

39. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

usa fire bombing of japan was just that

40. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

And Ugandan people are already being killed, displaced, enslaved as children, and made to kill others. Ever heard of Joseph Kony?

Stopping aid to Uganda through legitimate programs won't solve anything. It will just be hurting the people that have nothing to do with it.

This is starting to sound like a twist to the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment.  Some CULT FOLLOWERS go to a country, infect them with their religious belief. Make them abandon any kind of safe sex practices because of that religious belief against it. Teach them to hate and fear other people in their society because that religion says so. Wait ten years for the people to become hopelessly infected with disease and fear. Then point to a scapegoat within the country so the people are too busy dying and killing each other to think clearly about who and what is really killing them. I'm I close?

41. Make  Money profile image66

No I don't think you are close Friendlyword.  Joseph Kony and his so called Lord's Resistance Army are terrorist that have waged war against the Ugandan government since 1987.  Because the Ugandan government hasn't done enough there have been appeals for international help to stop the attacks by the LRA.  It has a reputation for extreme violence including random murder, abduction, mutilation, sexual enslavement of women and children, and forcing children to participate in hostilities. The group is considered a terrorist organization by the United States.  Joseph Kony has formed the guerrillas into a religious cult based on a blend of Christianity, traditional African religion and witchcraft. 
    Christians are literally ‘crucified’ in LRA guerrilla raids.

Church official: Ugandan rebels kill Congolese civilians as revenge

Colebabie is right.  "Stopping aid to Uganda through legitimate programs won't solve anything. It will just be hurting the people that have nothing to do with it."
    Friendlyword why do you think the Ugandan public overwhelmingly support laws enforced against homosexuality?

Why do you think Uganda ranks 157th in the UN's human development index? Why is less than 74% of its population literate? Why is the life expectancy at birth 44 years?

Compare it to Canada, your home country: ranked 4th, with 99% literacy, life expectancy over 80 years?

Which population is more fervently religious? Which population applies religious teachings more strongly to the development of civil law? Which population claims to be plagued by rapists and child molesters of only the homosexual variety?

And which, as a devout Christian, would you rather live in?

You already Asked, and I answered:
      Because of the spread of Aids. Because of the religious influence in that country against any type of birth control or protection from STDs. Because homosexuals are a minority you can still attack openly and with "GODS BLESSING". The Homosexuals in Uganda are the scapegoats that are used to deflect the blame from the STUPIDITY of the government in allowing AIDS to spread. They Burn Condoms instead of using them! The homosexual people of Uganda are simply an easy target.

In Africa and in the Middle East GANGS OF STRIGHT MEN RAPE WOMEN AND CHILDREN DAILY! Children are sold into sexual slavery by Straight men every day! Women are raped to shame them by Straight Men. All these acts spread AIDS.

42. earnestshub profile image80

You don't get it do you?
    If you were living in Uganda as a homosexual you would soon learn some empathy!
    You are more interested in protecting your faith than protecting the people, and it shows! Shame.

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Earnest. And how are you by the way?

Let's just say, if I was any better I would be younger! Very well thank you! What's in your busy day?

smile I'm glad you are doing well.
          Let's see. I had work today (getting out in a few). Gonna call my grandma and wish her a Happy Chanukkah. Then tonight I'm going on a date. Dinner and walking around downtown. They put up the Christmas tree, the Menorah, and an ice skating rink. They have carriage rides too. Tons of fun when it is 75 degrees outside smile Florida can try and pretend, but it is far from a White Christmas.

Wow! You help me feel young! Wish your grandma a Happy Chanukkah from me too! Have a wonderful day and evening, which I am sure you will. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Or if a family member was gay.

3. Bibowen profile image86

Let's remember that the focus of this thread is a whole cloth indictment of an American sub population for advocating genocide. All of your finger wagging produces no evidence for this accusation. The suffering in Uganda is not helped by making false accusations. I find that people tend to make outlandish accusations to the degree they are void of the facts.

Right now our church is raising money for a Christmas offering for a Christian missionary and his wife who have already been threatened for their faith in Uganda. The man was one time clubbed so badly that it was thought that he would be permanently crippled. He continues on there as a missionary in spite of the ongoing personal threat. He is raising several orphans at the home he constructed. I guess I could say that if you were he, you'd be more sympathetic to the plight of Christians in Uganda and might not be so reckless in your accusations against believers.

In addition, you'll forgive if I'm not too impressed with the feigned compassion of people that advocate the wonton murder of children in the womb by women and doctors that conspire to kill them. Your take on sympathy does move me, but rather than warm my heart, it turns my stomach.

43. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think the religious forums will continue to go in circles because of titles and stereotypes. Some christians are good, some are bad, some atheist are good, some are bad. If people didn't title themselves, they couldn't be stereotyped.

44. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Yes marine I agree with you. There are innocent victims in Uganda, then there are the Joseph Konys. There are those who act in the name of "religion" yet their actions do not support the preachings. Killing homosexuals? Ridiculous. Kidnapping children, displacing families, and killing thousands of people? Ridiculous. Whether it is in the name of religion or in the name of hate, it is still disgusting.

I agree, I think any logical mind should have enough morals to understand separatist killings and racism are contradictions to life and unity. I don't think it requires a grouped belief to understand these things, just common sense.

And how people get so warped in their thinking I have no idea.

I think I about have it figured out. But I won't write it because it hurts peoples faith and they will say I am preaching and being repetitive.

Well I still have no idea. I don't know how someone can believe and live so much hatred.
            But I'll assume you're talking about religion or a religion. What religion believes it is ok to kill people? Regardless of what "sin" you think they committed.

The one that guarantees the most favored afterlife. lol

1. profile image0

Well how does this kind of slander not deserve ridicule?

Is it not true? Would you be a suicide bomber if you didn't think you would get rewarded with virgins in heaven? Do you think suicide bombers believe they are going to heaven or hell?

45. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Also not only is this shameful of the Iowa senators that have been linked it is also shameful of those Christians in Uganda that are there to prevent spread of Aids by using the funds to teach them about Abstinence rather than providing them with preventative measures like condoms.

46. profile image52
    dano853posted 14 years ago

Okay... here goes.
    I am a man who lives with same gender attraction.  I am also a born again Christian. I've read the bill. It stems from misplaced reverence and twisted religious logic. In short... it comes from the PIT. (I wonder what the heterosexual sex crimes laws are in that country?) Yes, I think adults who prey on minors or those who don't share the same sexual inclinations (any age) whether gay or straight, should face consequences imposed by a fair and just government. But they should also get help, because a government which only PUNISHES its citizens for wrong, does them an injustice.
    I won't try to guess how many of the proponents of this law are actually Christians (know God)... I don't know. But any Christians who believe that this bill is the will of God are  decieved. This is a tragedy in the making, and God will not rejoice with those who abuse and slaughter his creation. I have many x gay friends, all who would agree with me on this. JAMES 3:17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. If you feel inclined to reply... please apply the attitude of this scripture & don't assume anything.
    What can we do?  Prayer is a powerful thing. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

God Bless you my Brother. You are are a good man. The Grace of God is in you. It's great to hear from someone like you.

47. Friendlyword profile image59

Make Money/Bibowen
    I'll try one more time.

Do all Straight men rape and murder women and bury the bodies in their basement and backyard?  Do all Straight women walk up and down 11th Avenue in New York City in a Red nighty and high heels,  looking for Tricks?

When the Murder starts; do you think anybody that's Homosexual is going to be spared? Explain in your ten paragraphs and links; how the Ugandan people are going to pick and choose which Homosexual Citizen is a law abiding decent person, and which ones are child molesting criminals.

This CULT called the family has been in Uganda since 1986 and they have been destroying  that country since then. The President seems to have been installed like the Shah of Iran.  Maybe you missed this link that Pam put here explaining the whole history of this plot.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#34337416

There is a lot more to this story.

48. Friendlyword profile image59

Bibowen Wrote: "Besides, the point being made that the US Christian right promotes the indiscriminate killing of homosexuals would be funny if the topic (the death of Ugandans) were not so serious. Who's promoting this? James Dobson? Pat Robertson? George W. Bush? Ann Coulter?

I suggest you get your names right. RICHARD COHEN, PASTOR RICK WARREN, SENATOR CHUCK GRASSLEY, SENATOR INHOFE on and on...what in the  world are these people doing influencing policy in country on the other side of the planet for years?

Try Again...

49. Make  Money profile image66

You characters just don't seem to get it do you.  Homosexuality is not legal everywhere in the world like it is in the US, Canada, England and other western countries.  Homosexuality is illegal in Uganda.  And nobody, I mean not the UN, not some so called "human rights organization", not another country or not a gay rights anarchist organization has the authority to pressure Uganda or any other country for that matter into legalizing homosexuality.  None of them, not ever.  Especially when some of them are recruiting youth from schools into gay activities or when groups of people are given money by some gay organizations to recruit them.

I watched Richard Cohen interviewed by Rachel Maddow.  He said he has helped thousands of people come out of homosexuality at the International Healing Foundation.

"When the Murder starts".  There maybe some long jail time for predators that have committed homosexual rape, engaged in homosexual intercourse with minors or someone who knowingly commits homosexual sex acts while having AIDS.  But I doubt if the killing will start though.  David Bahati, the legislator sponsoring the bill, said he was encouraging "constructive criticism" to improve the law but insisted strict measures were necessary to stop homosexuals from "recruiting" schoolchildren.

Which is the main issue here.  Homosexuals recruiting schoolchildren.  And outside pressure from gay rights anarchist organizations.

You just completely ignored my suggestion that just the passage of this law will be enough to start a Holocaust.  I'm a gay man. I hate child predators just as much as you do. Find  the Guilty and punish the Guilty! Cant you see the slippery slope you are heading down? After all the homosexuals in Uganda are murdered; should we start with all Catholics Priest and kill all of them because some molest little boys? After all the Priests are dead. Let's kill all American White men because they are Serial Killers. And so on and on and on...

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

No, the main issue here is a group of people being punished for the actions of a few. They are being made scapegoats.

And someone can say he "recruited schoolchildren" (most likely under the threat of torture or after torture) but we all know that it is ridiculous. You are either gay or you are not, no one else can make you gay.

50. earnestshub profile image80

Come out of homosexuality?
    That is just bone ignorance! I am now officially disgusted!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)