jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you mean by salvation ?

1. icv profile image69
    icvposted 3 years ago

What do you mean by salvation ?

2. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Salvation means to be saved or rescued from a problem or a situation by God, the Higher Self or the Holy Spirit within you. Stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord. You don't do anything, but the problem goes away by supernatural means.

1. icv profile image69
      icvposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks for sharing

3. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

Salvation means being woken up on Sunday morning after a night shift by a brass band outside your front door, and a pretty young thing rattling a collection box under your nose when you answer the door.
    I remember the look my Dad wore when he came down from broken sleep later in the day. Had to move about like a mouse myself.
    That's salvation of sorts - never boring! Sundays were usually pretty lifeless otherwise. (You'd know yourself if you'd lived in the industrial north of England in the 1950's).

1. icv profile image69

thanks alancaster149 for your different kind of respond

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

"Salvation" means rescued. But we need to be clear about "what" is rescued. It's not the body or Ego.

God created us in His image and likeness, but He is not Homo sapiens or selfish Ego. He is only loving spirit.

Without "salvation" or "everlasting life," or as Buddha put it, "Enlightenment," most of us have only physical consciousness and memories. When the body dies, that's the end of consciousness.

But with "salvation," the spirit is awake. The blindfold of Ego is off and spirit can see even without the body's eyes. Spirit can think even without the body's brain.

Salvation means no longer dependent upon physical continuity for one's perception and control.

But also, salvation means a return to Love -- loving each other as you might love yourself. For, as Christ said, whatever you do to the least of these, you do unto the Father in Heaven. So, if you love your enemies, you are loving God, the Father. You are more powerful than the physical effects others can create on you. You are, once again, invulnerable.

Salvation also means the perfection of fearless confidence -- like walking on water when the need arises, or moving that mountain into the sea when it needs to be done. Such things become effortless, because there is no doubt -- only creation.

I have seen and tasted these things. Now, it is my quest to make them a more complete part of my life.

This is what salvation means to me.

1. icv profile image69

wow. great replay. I glad to read your ideology. You explained well... Thanks