Why Do Atheists...

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (90 posts)
  1. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Who do Atheists feel the obsessive need to interject their vitrol and arrogance into any topic involving God, or Religion?

Cannot Religionists discuss their beliefs without the anger and dis-respect of non-believers?

Do they really think that sniping and denying gets them anywhere, or contributes to the dicussion at hand in any meaningful way?

Seriously.

They run into a topic and make outragious assertions. Which I have yet to see ANY OF THEM BACK UP.

And then smile and pat one another on the back for what they percieve as brilliance, and wait their turn again to snipe.

You asked them a question in regards to what they are saying and they come up with any excuse not to answer it.

I think most of them just don't know half of what they talk about, and the rest just think they know.

So.

I believe most of them are sad lonely people, with nothing better in their lives to do then harrassing people.

It must be a sad, lonely world for them.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I answered everything, and backed up everything
      I always do !
      And a lot of other hubbers as well. But you choose not to see, and offend everyone who doesn't think as you do.
      you are the sad one.
      I feel sorry for you !
      As I said before :
      So brainwashed and so short minded !

2. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, to respond in kind to the vitriol and arrogance your religion and god have expounded on mankind today and for many past centuries?

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh brother roll

2. Bovine Currency profile image61
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Valid point.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you just say the sky fairy exists? If it doesn't exist how can it spit vitriol and arrogance?

3. yolanda yvette profile image59
      yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The world is a mirror to those who project grasshopper. lol

1. Bovine Currency profile image61

Excellent use of The Karate Kid lol

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
            greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you just as well as I do know the answer to this question...the battle continues and i mean literally and spiritually.... some just refuse and rebel while others see it for what it really is and for this we will be laughed at here on earth... but who cares right this life is SHORT so I can hang if u can hang smile

my question is this.. non believers dislike God so much but none of them can answer the question as to WHY the insist on coming into religon forums?? they dont believe so why in the world do they CARE what believers are talking about?? honestly i know in my life things I dont care about I dont pay any attention to.... so there can only be two answers here... one they either care in some way which would make them a liar and too stubborn to admit this or two they just like to pick fights... immaturty rings true through ones actions and words. people who like to pick fights I have found either like it because they were taught this way of living or they are unhappy... unhappy people embrace these kinds of things because its their only sense of understanding things... people who are happy do not subject themselves to things that cause stress or even become the cause of stress... or maybe they are just bored.... but once again who cares. they are gonna do what they want. let them come into religious forums it only shows they must care enough to enter them....

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
                Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or 3: misery loves company?

perhaps...

Funny that, most atheists I know are happy well adjusted people. Now I wonder why they would object to your hate filled way of seeing life though your religion. You are going to live forever in heaven, while those heathens are going to be tortured forever after they die. Seems logical. Believe what YOU believe or die horribly! Now why would anyone object to that? I know! We will just let them keep spreading their awful lies and say nothing. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

The forums are about religion and beliefs, it does not all revolve around you believe it or not! lol! lol

then dont engage in those that disagree with you for the chance to FIGHT..... childish childish tsk tsk peace!

there are specific forums that do point to a specific belief.. if it offends then stay away from it!! why do that to yourself its madness!!

4. Gustavo Magnus profile image57
      Gustavo Magnusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I'm an atheist and I have to disagree with you on this one.

And also: I'm not here to harrass you.

Actually, I can say the same thing you said about religious people I know. They never want to answer the questions I have about religion, the only thing they want to do is say that you have to believe it, or else.

Come to think of it, I've seen more violence from religious believes (not only islamic, also christian) then from people convinced that no God exists.

And calling atheists obsessive is also a laugh, there are only a few atheist who I might consider obsessive, but there are a LOT of obsessive Christians and Islamists.

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It's they're own guilty conscious that they are arguing with not us, we just happen to be their sounding board.

TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sort of agree.

3. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

I must be having those acid flashbacks again!

4. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

It is true my friend.  Without that companionship of the Spirit it is awful lonely.  HubPages, specifically the Forums, could be much more productive without some collectives tearing down those of us who actually have a faith.

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Go find a religionist site and  enjoy boredom for the rest of your life LOL

You won't cause you enjoy the fight, so don't complain when it is given to you smile

lol  yeah thats as good as when you stated Russia won WWII.

hahahahahahahaha ROTFLMFAO

None of you back anything up. NONE! thats another one of your lies.

And you can read all you want. If you do not comprehend then it was a worthless experience.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, Russia did win WWII.

You peeps are lost.

Russia...lololololhahahahahahahaROTFFLMAOlololololyeah right!!!!hahahahaha

1. profile image0

Yes, that looks pretty, but um, that is really your answer? I'm not here to argue your religious beliefs, but your historical perspective is askew.

2. profile image55
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

In fact, the Russians (Soviets) don't call it World War Two, they refer to it as the "Victory War."

1. profile image0

Or the Great Patriotic War.

Fact. smile

1. profile image0

I thought so. Obviously, others disagree. big_smile

6. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Actually for every one of them that does what you just said TMMason, there are 10 more that could care less and they never open their mouths.

I'm one of them, and after only a week here seeing all the mud slinging with any topic on here that has to do with beliefs, I'm not going to comment on any of them anymore.

I've got this thing called life I want to live, with or without a god. There is always a few on both sides that have a big mouth. Like anything, don't lump them all together.

You can catch me in the fun threads from now on. Bye! smile

Then I have nothing but respect for you sir.

1. Bovine Currency profile image61

Just a friendly debate.  No harm done wink  C'mon Lads

7. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

We can all be friends Chasing Rabbits

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm not mad, don't get me wrong. I just find it all so silly and time wasting. Neither side is going to convert or make the other see their side. So why bother?

If you have fun doing it, and many seem to, then go ahead, knock yourself out. I just find it boring and a waste of my time. There are so many other fun threads here to participate in, so that's what I'm going to do. Peace to all! smile

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like this version better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntBFYOPIcE wink

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Thanks BC. I cannot recall one answer to the dozens of science backed posts that religionists ignore, then they come here saying they offered "proof" which was ignored. The only "proof" I have seen here from religionists who get their "evidence" from their own book! No proof exists for any fairies fellas! lol

I have never said, I have "proof" of anything, I "believe", to be true.

My belief is based on faith.

Just like yours.

I have stated that the theories science has in regards to the, "Origins", "Of The Universe", and "Life", and the theories of "Evolution" and "Man Made Global Warming", are as unproved as the faith of any religinist live by.

In the end we all have faith in something, was my only assertion.

Yet all of you have stated that is wrong, but have not shown me why it is wrong.

But you have spouted your snipes and ill humor at me.

As I said though, that doesn't prove anything.

We all know a "Theory", is not a fact. Thus the term "Theory".

And I have never ran into a science thread and started an arguement, or made half cocked assertions to begin fights.

That is not how I work, E.

1. Callan S. profile image57
        Callan S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Who do Atheists feel the obsessive need to interject their vitrol and arrogance into any topic involving God"

Are you saying every single time Atheists, when they are invited or have access to discussion on that topic, interject vitriol and arrogance?

Every single time?

9. dotslash profile image66
    dotslashposted 14 years ago

"or made half cocked assertions to begin fights."

Funny but that looks like a pretty accurate definition of your opening post.

"Who do Atheists feel the obsessive need to interject their vitrol and arrogance into any topic involving God"

Purely designed to start a fight and a pretty unfair statement imho.

10. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Well, in my case it is to try and explain to you why your religion causes so much animosity and wars. But - you do not seem to want to listen.

Just look at the condescending statements you make on a daily basis. People are telling you that this is offensive and hurtful. Buy you do not want to listen.

Why is that?

11. profile image49
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

Do you start a lot of your topics with "So anyway, atheists, as a general rule, are an insufferable lot of jackasses..."

Because when you start topics like that, there's a certain desire in the people insulted in the opening line to live up to your expectations.

Actually no. But hell I am up for anything. Ill start one right now that begins... "So anyway, atheists, as a general rule, are an insufferable lot of jackasses..."

Anything I missed?...

Start your replies.

1. profile image49
        The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?

12. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Okay.

I will answer seriously.

No. Russia did not win WWII.

Is that better?

13. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

How did you come to that conclusion?

14. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Have I stepped into the Twilight Zone? I thought The Soviet Union was with the Allies during WWII??

Although, I'll be the first to admit history isn't my strongest suit...I thought I had that one nailed down. sad

1. profile image0

No, you guessed it correctly. I'm waiting to see if this is actually a 'wording' issue instead.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear it. I do seem to remember reading that the Soviet Union lost a TON of people during the war...so I suppose in that way it could be said they lost...but then, by that definition, *nobody* won. LOL

1. Misha profile image62

Cool argument LOL. For a sake of example, let' imagine Canada invades USA and manages to capture a significant part of its territory. Losing TONs of people USA manages to regain its territory, and occupy a half of Canada. Who won?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
            Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is not the same kind of scenario on many levels.  Your Paradigm includes two countries.
            WWII involved much more.  It was the strategic victories in Europe that forced the Germans to retreat to protect the homeland.  The Russians marched barefoot and unopposed into Berlin.

1. Misha profile image62

Arthur, I think you will benefit from reading some non-American sources on the topic, of course if you are interested smile

I am interested and although I have not read any Russian versions of the war.  I have read a lot of alternative views of the history.

1. Misha profile image62

OK, let's see then. By the time Americans landed in Normandy Russians re-captured almost all of their territory, and already entered Poland at least. May be more, this is just from the top of my head. They did have momentum. This does not really fit your model of helpless aboriginals not able of doing anything without advanced Americans stealing focus of German army smile

And no, they were not barefoot, America sent good boots wink

Africa, Italy, Greece all are all relevant as well.  Did you get Hershey bars with the boots. smile

I think if Poland had allowed the Russians to march through their country to attack Germany when war was declared the war would have ended much earlier.

If France had taken the declaration of war seriously and fortified their country instead of petty political bickering.  It would have been avoided.

If Belgium had not waited until the last minute to even consider a war  well you get the point.

15. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

The "allies" won world war II  many countries involved.

During December, 1941, U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt devised the name "United Nations (UN)" for the Allies.

16. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Yes, a matter of wording. But, the Soviets were on the winning side of that War, so, in effect, they did win WWII. big_smile

They were part of the "Allies".  With British and American support to maintain their entrenchements.

1. profile image0

Well, the Soviets did stand alone against the Germans in Eurasia while the British and Americans were building up for the Normandy invasion. Anglo-American equipment helped a tad, but Soviet production capacity and overwhelming manpower and Russian weather won the day in the end.

1. Misha profile image62

To the best of my knowledge it helped a lot, and not only equipment but food and clothes, too smile

1. profile image0

Did it really? I just assumed it was American propaganda I was reading.

1. Misha profile image62

No, it was a real help, and we still remember it. Jeep Willys and canned beef - I think every Russian will tell you about it. In fact Russians still call all SUVs jeep. smile

17. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

He-he, our Mason friend has very - umm - interesting views on history. We touched on this once already smile

18. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Sorry to get back to the initial idea. But what I really hate about atheists is how they always make sweeping generalities about religious people and their beliefs.

1. Misha profile image62

Not that you are making any lol

19. profile image49
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

Does it really matter exactly how they won?

Let's say Western Canada separates from Eastern Canada.  Everyone in Eastern Canada then gets some kind of brain-fever and Eastern Canada resorts to old-school imperialistic military expansion, sudden attacking both Western Canada and the United States.

They kick the shit out of Western Canada, because the Easterners have most of the soldiers and equipment of what used to be Canada, and many times the population and production capacity.  Then Eastern Canada gets steam-rolled by the Americans, and Western Canada recaptures all lost territory while Eastern Canada's attention is otherwise occupied.  In fact, even though they've hardly got a military to speak of, the Westerns are able to capture a lot of territory that originally belonged to the Easterners because they are distracted with the larger threat.

Considering the two Canadian factions, who won?

20. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

"Why DO people share their opinions?" he asks in the mean spirited thread filled with opinions.

1. Misha profile image62

Come on Len, we are not mean spirited, we have quite a civilized discussion on a heated topic smile

civilized?? LOL LOL

1. Misha profile image62

Except for you, obviously smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)