jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What do you think is the most misunderstood story in the Bible?

1. bluesradio profile image75
    bluesradioposted 21 months ago

What do you think is the most misunderstood story in the Bible?

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 21 months ago

I don't know the exact chapter and verse in each book, but I know the Cleansing of the Temple is the most misunderstood. It's been used as a excuse for anti-antisemitism, among other things.  Was it one incident?  Did he go to other Temple markets in the area?  One has to decide which message the writer of the Gospel is trying to convey.  To me it's just a diatribe against materialism.

1. bluesradio profile image75
      bluesradioposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Yeah that is probably one... I have also seen the story of Ham used to justify racism as well.....

2. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

CJ: NO!  It shows "The Wrath of GOD" (which "Christians" have NOT been "taught") & how HE  "HATES" unrighteousness no matter who (not only Jews)!

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 21 months ago

Before responding to this question, I responded to your other question, "What is the one thing you could not live without?" and the Bible remained open in Hebrews Chapter 4!  My eyes were immediately directed to Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."  WOW!  So MOST won't understand! GOD has spoken but I'll try to explain anyway!

In Ezekiel 22:30 GOD said {paraphrasing} "He looked for a man throughout the world to "make up the hedge" & "fill in the gap" before Him and the land, and He found NO ONE!"  Therefore, HE had to come and do it HIMSELF!  HE told Mary (Luke 1:35) "The Holy Ghost (GOD) shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be "CALLED" the "Son of God" (I Timothy 3:16)!  "Called" is the key Word!  Another "One" of GOD'S "Glories" (II Corinthians 3:18)! 

GOD "tried" to relate to men's understanding by "Calling" HIMSELF "Father" and "calling" HIMSELF "JESUS," The "Son" of God, while on earth, since HE is "ONE SPIRIT" (I Corinthians Chapter 12; Ephesians 4:4-6), but man still don't understand (Matthew 13:10-13) because the "meat" is too strong!"

The reason GOD referred to HIMSELF as Father is because THAT SAME SPIRIT who "fills the heaven and earth" (as Smoke) as stated in Jeremiah 23:24, "Portion" did not come into this sinful world; therefore to "man" FATHER and THAT SAME SPIRIT ("Portion") that did come into this sinful world (yet didn't sin; ) was "called" SON or JESUS!

Therefore, JESUS is GOD is the most misunderstood story in the Bible!
    Scriptures to confirm:  Isaiah 44:6 (God is the Redeemer)-2Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the Redeemer); Isaiah 44:24 (God created the world by Himself alone)-John 1:3;Colossians 1:16 (Jesus made all things); John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word, & the Word was w/God, & the Word was God; 1:14 And the Word became flesh & dwelt among us. Isaiah 43:10-11 "Before me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, and the LORD, and besides me there is no Savior;" Revelation 1:17-18;2:8; Jesus is the first and the last!" 

I could go on and on showing ALL JESUS is GOD with WORD which is the Greatest Allegory and "most misunderstood story in the Bible" but space doesn't permit.

I pray this "meat wasn't too strong for you" but God knows you've been "taught" WRONG!

4. Matthew Woolsey profile image67
    Matthew Woolseyposted 21 months ago

The flood of Noah and his arc. It is hard to believe God killed all of man except Noah and his family. You have to ask how bad were the people to deserve that? Why not just strike down the wicked and leave the good and righteous? That is only for God to answer. But I misunderstand because there could have been other ways. But I love the story to flush away the bad to leave the land free from corruption.

1. profile image56

And "...the next time w/FIRE" (2 Pet 3:7)!  GET READY!
      Galatians 1:6-9!
      "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today & forever" (Heb 13:8)!

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Maybe Moah and his family were the only righteous left.  I saw the movie Noah with Russel Crowe and they gave an interesting viewpoint of what happened

3. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Did the movie portray animals going into the Ark 2x2? If so, A LIE! Genesis 7:2 says "clean [animals]; by sevens!"
      Noah "was" the only righteous "then!" Now we ALL can be righteous, IF we "BELIEVE!"

5. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 21 months ago

The one that has always made me the most uncomfortable is the story of Job.  Ministers and other Christians eulogize it, and I could never understand why.  Now that I've become an agnostic, I can view the story differently.  Here's a link - if you dare to watch it.

1. profile image56

The moral of the story is:  GOD wants us to "..stand fast in the faith, quite ye like men (don't be like "Unbelievers,") BE STRONG" (I Cor 16:13)!