Posting Scripture

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 340 discussions (724 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

. . . the beginningless Brahman, . . . can be called neither being nor nonbeing. It is both near and far, both within and without every creature; it moves and is unmoving. In its subtlety it is beyond comprehension. It is indivisible, yet appears divided in separate creatures. Know it to be the creator, the preserver, and the destroyer. Dwelling in every heart, it is beyond darkness. It is called the light of lights, the object and goal of knowledge, and knowledge itself.

Bhagavad Gita

3. profile image0

Joh 8:10  And Jesus lifted up himself, and said unto her, Woman, where are they? did no man condemn thee?
    Joh 8:11  And she said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn thee: go thy way; from henceforth sin no more.]

4. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

"Whoever lives with an ass, makes noises like an ass." -African Traditional Religion, Ethiopian proverb.

5. WriteAngled profile image74

“Even if one is the most sinful of all sinners, yet one shall cross over the ocean of sin by the raft of knowledge alone.”
    Bhagavad Gita

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Knowledge leads to liberation. smile

6. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Buddha

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Revelation 20: 15:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

8. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.

Buddha

Nice and true, talking is easy doing is not.

9. IntimatEvolution profile image67

"A limp forward is a gain in distance."-Gbagyi proverb, African Traditional Religion.

10. WriteAngled profile image74

"Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings -- that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide. "
    Buddha

11. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.

Buddha

12. profile image0

Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

13. profile image0

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

14. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Hate is conquered by love.
    This is an eternal law.
    Many do not realize that we must all come to an end here;
    but those who do realize this, end their quarrels at once.

Buddha

"The only way you can conquer me is through love and there I am gladly conquered" Krishna

I like your way of thinking Hokey. smile

15. coletta7 profile image60
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

The greatest law of all is to love the Lord thy God with all your hearts and minds. And secondly love thy neighbor as you love yourselves. For this is the foundation of all the other laws.

16. IntimatEvolution profile image67

Yield and overcome;
    bend and be straight.
    Empty out and be full;
    wear out and be renewed.
    Have little and gain;
    have much and be confused.  Tao Te Ching 22

Awesome smile

17. profile image0

Gen 6:8  But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

18. IntimatEvolution profile image67

There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm.  -Islam, from the Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi, verse 32

19. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 14 years ago

There is no problem so big you can't run away from it.

Snoopy the Dog.

20. profile image0

1Pe 5:14  Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

..... providing your in the right church! lol
      Otherwise the loving god makes sure you are killed by your own family!!

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Ya goota love a god like that!
      What are the chances of being thrust through?
      There are thousands of branches of "The Truth" according to religionists themselves, and they're all right! lol lol lol

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Earnest,

Now quote me from the New Covenant, Christ replaced the old one, so get with the program my friend!smile

Don't you mean your program?
          Did the god that said all the crud in the old testament get wiped out somehow? I musta got stoned in the 70s and missed it!
          Is he still considered to be the same god as jesus is or was there another "updated god?"

21. profile image0

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

the blessing of Jehovah that is what makes rich....
    And he adds no pain with it.... Proverbs 10;22

this is my favourite scripture

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

two thumbs up!

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hooray.   I like you.....

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
          I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

uh, why am I here big_smile I feel like a bull in a China shop LOL

1. profile image0

you have come to protect me from Earnest hub he is being mean to me... he says i am a drama queen.....

Hmmm  big_smile where would he get that idea? LOL

1. profile image0

please say i am not, please say i am not, or i will stamp my feet and scream and scream and scream.... tell him

LOL..... exactly  big_smile NOW, why would he say that... 

How rude  lol

1. profile image0

i am so mis understood, so misunderstood....... I feel quite faint now..... off to bed bye everyone....

2. earnestshub profile image80

No, you said you were a drama queen. I quoted you verbatim. smile

1. profile image0

what does that word mean, please

2. profile image0

do you have a favourite scripture.

I like genesis 1v1 In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth....

1. profile image0

i like all the scripture, no particular favorite.

unless: Great Grace counts as a whole scripture big_smile

23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I like this one, beats paying medical bills!

Is any among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.   (James 5:14-15 ASV)

Works too, but not for the poor or needy apparently, just for the very religious, who, as we know, are much better than the rest of mankind! lol

24. profile image0

Earnesthub.... i was hoping you would comment, you are so sad aren't you.  Fancy someone hating the bible as you do and spending all your days on the religious forums... i do feel sorry for you really i do.  I know you like irritating people, you said as much to me before.  You don't irritate anymore, it is beyond that,  i just feel so sorry for you. 

hope you're grandchildren are o.k. have you wrote anything positive in your hubs, if so i would love to read it, please direct  me...

EXPECTING <MARK ANY MOMENT NOW
       ah the good old days

Sorry you feel the need to project your sadness on to me. I do not seem to detect the sadness you speak of in myself.

For some unacountable reason I do not believe in psychotic fairies, or hate filled tomes full of threats made by men pretending to have had them passed to them by the chief bad fairy.
      I do not see the connection between not believing such a crock and sadness! lol
      If you need me to be sad, I will try, but I tell you it is a bit hard at the moment, with all the laughter at your pathetic attempt at a "subtle" put down!
      Learn a bit about yourself. See? I am helping. smile

25. profile image0

thanks you will never know how much i learn from you, really thanks a lot

You don't learn from anyone or anything any more.... You just repeat the crock you got from "the good book" which is why you will not be able to think for yourself for the rest of your life.

Don't pretend you read my hubs either, of the 70 hubs I have written only one is about religiion, the others of no interest to you.

I work online and try not to waste too much time on this forum.
      Multitasking on multiple screen, I keep up with what is being said in the forums from a side bar on the smaller screen. smile

26. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

Matthew 5;1 Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need.

27. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 14 years ago

A talking snake,
    A floating zoo,
    A man who walked on water said
    "Do what ya oughta, I'll be back soon"

28. profile image0

Mat 5:13  Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

29. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the obstinate children, declares the LORD, to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin.

30. profile image0

na na na na na...

31. profile image0

wow Earnesthub....... you are a multi tasker.... i have been to work for 8 hours come home, and you are still writing crap, my word i do not believe it....

Are your hubs worth reading....... i might take a look, mine are great take a look at mine wont you.....

Well I can't help you with your lack of belief, I have been in bed for 10 hours. lol

32. profile image0

wow the things people get up to in bed these days.  i hope you have pyjamas on my man

I did go and take a look at your profile, and one hub.
      Just in case you missed what I said about projection, here is some real (as opposed to biblical) evidence of your projection

From your Profile page.

"My problem is sometimes balancing what other things i need to do, as i could stay on hub pages day and night and never be tired of it......... I am learning every day,"
      And from your hub.

"I have just come to realise that i am a drama queen. I over react to everything."

Deal with it, don't project it onto others!

33. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

John 17v3  this good news of the kingdom will be preached to all the inhabited earth and then the end will come.....

34. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

i have just been reading your hubs you seem like a very intelligent man.  Could you talk some sense into Earnest hub

1. profile image0

good luck w/ that. jeje

35. profile image0

so you enjoyed my hubs thanks.... not had time to read yours yet sorry

36. profile image0

i have to be back at work for 8 and i took a patient to hospital tonight, so was not back til 10 must have some sleep, speak tomorrow..... read a few more of my hubs i will read yours, I*N*V*I*C*T*U*S,,,,you can too Earnest Hub i am not partial

37. profile image0

Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

So you are saying non believers are blessed? smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice try.

smile

38. profile image0

Psa 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

39. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

2 Kings 11:9
    The commanders of units of a hundred did just as Jehoida the priest ordered.  Each one took his men -- those who were going on duty on the Sabbath and those who were going off duty -- and came to Jehoida the priest.

40. profile image0

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

41. profile image0

2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

42. profile image0

not open to any agreement, slanders, puffed up with pride, lovers of money..... having a form of godly devotion but proving false to it's power.... i hope i remembered that right.....

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are close.

2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

43. profile image0

Isa 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

44. Tamarii2 profile image58
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints:here
    are they that keep the commandments of God,and the faith of Jesus.

45. profile image0

Psa 24:3  Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
    Psa 24:4  He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

46. IntimatEvolution profile image67

Where there is greed, the love is false.-Sikhism, Guru Granth Salib, Shalok Farid, p.1378

47. profile image0

Psa 24:7  Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

Psa 24:8  Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

48. profile image0

Psa 23:1  <A Psalm of David.> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are many that want for food, your Lord is doing what about that?

49. profile image0

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

50. profile image0

Gal 2:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)