Posting Scripture

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 340 discussions (724 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Luke 9: 57, 58:

"And it came to pass,  that, as they went in the way,  a certain man said unto him,

'Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.'

And Jesus said unto him,

'Foxes have holes,  and birds of the air have nests;  but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.'"

3. profile image0

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

4. profile image0

Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
    Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    Eph 6:12  For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Eph 6:15  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16  withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

5. profile image0

Psa 118:1  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

6. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin.  But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1-2)

7. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

rev 6.8
    and i saw,and. look!a pale horse.and the one seated upon it had the name Death.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And he has been going to and fro ever since.

8. profile image0

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And this second death happens a thousand years and a little season after the first rescurection.

2. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Enlightenment.

9. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 14 years ago

Like any good thesis or doctorit or dogma one does not make a statement one can not back up, and as a Christian quoting scripture offers proof of what we state.

Just like any good lawyer who is worth his $500./ HR
    never ever asks a question they don't already know the answer to.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny thing is the only "proof" religion has is from itself! lol

1. SL Perrin profile image60
        SL Perrinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As beings that are human have we not yet maintained the idea of first exploring a system before deciding on it?

Galatians 6:8, For he who sows to his flesh, that he will of the flesh reap corruptiions, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlastng life.

1. SL Perrin profile image60
          SL Perrinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awareness of the divine begins with wonder.  When people lack the will to wonder why will they not believe?

1 Kings 10:7,   Howevr I did not believe the words until i came and saw with my own eyes...

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's like saying animals can talk if you quote Aesop.

10. profile image0
    WayneAnsellposted 14 years ago

Proverbs 21

19 Better to live in a desert
    than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

11. profile image0

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

12. profile image0

Gal 3:3  Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

13. profile image0

Son 6:9  My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

14. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 14 years ago

1Ki 8:12 KJVR  Then spoke Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.

15. profile image0

Son 1:4  Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

16. profile image0

Son 2:17  Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.

17. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Religion proving itself.... from religion! Hilarious.
    I need no proof that it is hogwash, obvious to any thinker who is not indoctrinated. smile
    A fairy in the sky is gonna murder everyone who doesn't believe in it?
    How hard can it be! lol lol lol

18. profile image0

Jud 1:18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Yes of course the bible said that! The loons who wrote it must have run up against thousands who would not buy this stuff. Now if someone outside the bible had said it, it would have meaning. smile Why do you think the bible is full of threats?

19. profile image0

Job 16:1  Then Job answered and said,
    Job 16:2  I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
    Job 16:3  Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?

20. profile image0

Php 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

21. profile image0

1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where is the cream filling?

22. WriteAngled profile image76
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

"Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives". ~ words of Krishna from The Bhagavad Gita

23. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. [Buddha]

24. WriteAngled profile image76

Amen! smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Namaste

25. WriteAngled profile image76

Em hotep (in peace - Ancient Egyptian)

26. profile image0

2Jn 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2Jn 1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

27. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless you're a starving child, forget it, you're toast.

28. WriteAngled profile image76

"Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

"Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth."

"Christian, Jew, Muslim, shaman, Zoroastrian, stone, ground, mountain, river, each has a secret way of being with the mystery, unique and not to be judged"

Rumi

29. profile image0

Jud 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

Jud 1:21  keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jud 1:22  And on some have mercy, who are in doubt;

Jud 1:23  and some save, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

30. profile image0

Jud 1:24  Now unto him that is able to guard you from stumbling, and to set you before the presence of his glory without blemish in exceeding joy,

Jud 1:25  to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen.

31. profile image0

Ecc 1:3  What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

32. ASHWINSPGA profile image57
    ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years ago

“Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.”
    Bagavad Gita

33. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

On life's journey
    Faith is nourishment,
    Virtuous deeds are a shelter,
    Wisdom is the light by day and
    Right mindfulness is the protection by night.
    If a man lives a pure life nothing can destroy him;
    If he has conquered greed nothing can limit his freedom.

Buddha

34. ASHWINSPGA profile image57

“Hell has three gates: lust, anger, and greed”
    Bagavad Gita

35. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

There is no fire like greed,
    No crime like hatred,
    No sorrow like separation,
    No sickness like hunger of heart,
    And no joy like the joy of freedom.

Health, contentment and trust
    Are your greatest possessions,
    And freedom your greatest joy.

Look within. Be still.
    Free from fear and attachment,
    Know the sweet joy of living in the way.

from the Dhammapada, Words of the Buddha

36. ASHWINSPGA profile image57

Those who are ashamed of what they should not be ashamed of, and are not ashamed of what they should be ashamed of — upholding false views, they go to states of woe.
    Buddhist Scriptures

37. WriteAngled profile image76

May all beings be filled with joy and peace.
    May all beings everywhere, the strong and the weak,
    The great and the small, the mean and the powerful,
    The short and the long, the subtle and the gross:
    May all beings everywhere, seen and unseen,
    Dwelling far off or nearby, being or waiting to become:
    May all be filled with lasting joy.

Let no one deceive another,
    Let no one anywhere despise another,
    Let no one out of anger or resentment
    Wish suffering on anyone at all.
    Just as a mother with her own life
    Protects her child, her only child, from harm,
    So within yourself
    Let grow a boundless love for all creatures.

Let your love flow outward through the universe,
    To its height, its depth, its broad extent,
    A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.
    Then as you stand or walk, sit or lie down,
    As long as you are awake,
    Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;
    Your life will bring heaven to earth.

Sutta Nipata (part of the Pali Canon of Theravada Buddhism)

1. Hokey profile image61

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile   I like you!

38. aguasilver profile image69
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

John 5:43-44

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

39. profile image0

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

40. profile image0

Jer 31:10  Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.

41. profile image0

Heb 9:24  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

42. profile image0

Psa 139:17  How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

43. profile image0

Son 4:1  Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

44. profile image0

Psa 4:8  I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Good night everyone. smile

45. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

"The problem with clinging to a singe doctrine is that it plunders the Way."- Mencius,VII.A.26 Confucianism

46. profile image0

Son 2:1  I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

47. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Prayer of the Seven Limbs

With my body, speech, and mind, humbly I prostrate,

And make offerings both set out and imagined.

I declare my wrong deeds from all time,

And rejoice in the virtues of all.

Please stay until samsara ceases,

And turn the wheel of Dharma for us.

I dedicate all virtues to great Enlightenment.

48. WriteAngled profile image76

"That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful."

“Oh soul,
    you worry too much.
    You have seen your own strength.
    You have seen your own beauty.
    You have seen your golden wings.
    Of anything less,
    why do you worry?
    You are in truth
    the soul, of the soul, of the soul.”

Both from Rumi

49. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
    "No", answered Buddha.
    "Then are you a healer?"
    "No", Buddha replied.
    "Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
    "No, I am not a teacher."
    "Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
    "I am awake", Buddha replied.

50. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

"I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy- myself."- Chief Yellow Lark, Lakota

The chief knew his stuff! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)