Posting Scripture

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 340 discussions (724 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Let me start:

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts.

1. profile image48
      The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's really quite the clever bit of dogma, isn't it?

You tell people to go out and deliver a message that is well at-odds with reality, then you tell them people will disbelieve them.

That's not special, anyone could have predicted that.  The brilliant part is pretending your prediction made through common sense is divinely delivered prophecy.

Convince your followers that rational reactions to their behavior are the machinations of a great enemy spirit of the signs of revealed prophecy and they are trapped in a belief reinforced by every conflicted bit of evidence brought to them.

1. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one. I like the 'last days' part. That fits my prophetic understanding swimmingly. But it is no more important than exposing the hearts of the mockers either.

2. terced ojos profile image59
        terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To those who have ears to hear let them also understand. To those who have Gods Holy Spirit; to them be discerning. From the moment the bride was betrothed to Roma she was corrupted. Her children have been the harbingers of Murder, Greed and Slavery. Their conquests have blinded the entire world and those who claim to know the master and be of him. From that day to this "The Way" is unknown accept by a few.

Without the Holy Spirit you cannot know God to interpret that which is seen. How then can you purpose to understand that which is unseen?

1. Unchained Grace profile image60
          Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can't

1. terced ojos profile image59

...if then brother you have the Holy Spirit; when given that which is known how is it that you are not discerning?

Some claim the Holy Ghost but don't have it and others have it and know it is extremely effective in what I like to call "Spitirual Trench Warfare."

...the battlefield is now...as is the war...surely we are soldiers...so tell me Unchained Grace.  What is seen?

I just went to your profile. Interesting. Get your email?
                  As to what I've seen? Perhaps maybe one day I'll tell you.

2. Unchained Grace profile image60

You will find there are those who have long since discerned the situation and then sit back to observe the second phase,which the exposure taking place.

1. earnestshub profile image79
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And even others who have intellectual pretensions. smile

However it rolls, it's still worth waiting on. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. Each one chooses their path. Whether they come out on the other end and how they come out on the other end largely depends on choices made while walking.

3. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I am they shield and thy exceedingly great reward" Holy Bible

"Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things" Holy Quran

"The only way to conquer me is through love and there I am gladly conquered" Krishna Holy  Bhagwat Gita

4. goldenpath profile image68
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
        And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Malachi 4:5-6

I wasn't sure if you had a particular focus of scripture you wanted but this one is one of my favorite.

5. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Behold but one in all things its the second that leads you astray " Kabir

6. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey Sandra. miss you around these parts...smile

7. Precious Pearl profile image74
        Precious Pearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeremiah 29:11
        For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, not to cause you hurt or harm but to give you a hope and a future.

8. mjane24 profile image61
        mjane24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

many are mocking God

2. Misha profile image65
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Lust? Posted under missionaries? Is it about missionary position? wink

3. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

I love lust !

4. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Count me in! smile

5. Unchained Grace profile image60
      Unchained Graceposted 14 years ago

Aside from the comedic relief, in the last days, we are to be confonted by false prophets and of course the anti-christ who will be someone we have been led to trust. A charismatic leader-type who presents to us everything we had hoped for. In reality, we're being led right down the road to our own demise.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and  you will be hated by all nations because of My name. [Matt 10:17; John 16:2] [Matt 10:22; John 15:18-ff]

1. WriteAngled profile image72
          WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I was at school, we were always taught that "they" referred to Protestants who killed Catholics who didn't want to become Protestants, ho hum...

BTW, I did reject Catholic dogma more than 40 years ago so won't come looking for revenge smile

2. profile image48

Healthy skepticism of the intentions of politicians or other leaders is all well and good, but that's a poisonous bit of thinking.  It teaches you to fear the people who could lead from all sorts of troubles to all sorts of prosperity.  The clearer the plan, the nobler the intentions of some poor, well-meaning leader the more likely you are to superimpose the greatest of all your phantoms on him.

Fear progress, fear reform, fear peace...

Terrible.

3. terced ojos profile image59

That was good..."Aside from Comic relief"....smile Good Wun smile....nice little jab there. I loved it. big_smile

You did, huh?

Yeah that was a good wun..."cool subdued sarcasm"...it was good. Given what's at stake. Namely the souls of people.  Sometimes in our zealousness for Christ our flesh leaks; and I don't mean you start to sweat. smile. Unchained Grace. Hmmmmm. Did you do time in a prison? I'm not asking this question facetiously; i'm honestly curious.  Your name; how did you choose it? Or who chose it for you?

I have a Hub which explains it, though I was advised I'm not supposed to promote my Hubs in a forum. No, it wasn't a prison related thing.

I just sent you email with regards to the Hub which answers your questions.

hmmmmm...It has been said that God doesn't do anything by coincidence. I served in the homeless ministry for 3 years when I was in the ministry...

It is, as you know, a calling wherein 110% of your being must be there. One day, perhaps I will tell you what Holy Truth Veterans Housing Program/Unchained Grace Ministries/Lost Souls of the Night/ is doing on a daily basis.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unchained Grace, your Avatar is haunting. 

"It makes no difference as to the name of the God, since love is the real God of all the world."- Apache proverb

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Unchained Grace

2. profile image0
          mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said unchained grace

5. profile image0

"They conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity, And their mind prepares deception." Job 15:35

Sandra, Job knew, even back in the OT that there would be those who would deceive. I&II Timothy along with Titus outlines the issue with regards to the Pastoral Epistles and Jeremiah 23 (in its entirety) relates God's displeasure with prophets who use their position for their own purpose. Hence, false teachers.

1. profile image0

Just posting scripture here. smile

1. aguasilver profile image71
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, missed the point, brilliant, I love it...

Luke 21:35-37 (New King James Version)

35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy[a] to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Note it says ALL!

Aquasilver, way back you gave me some very helpful hints on my writing styling by showing me to break up my textblocks so that readers would be more inclined to read them. Remember?

I am one who doesn't lean on throwing the Bible at someone. That never works and they won't wade through it all. Those who already know it don't need it and the others won't read it, so I only use it to substantiate a position once I am entirely sure it is within context.

1. profile image0

"If they will not believe you or heed the witness of the first sign, they may believe the witness of the last sign.

Posting scripture to show relevancy to the issue. As in any courtroom, the statement is nothing different than defining caselaw to substantiate a given position.

Hi Unchained Grace.

I think Sandra's concept was to carry through the whole topic answering each other with scripture...

am I right Sandra?

Jeremiah 1:9

Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me:
                “ Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
                See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.”

1. profile image0

Yes, exactly the point.  Getting back to posting scripture. smile

2. earnestshub profile image79

Freddy the frog would have known there would be people who would oppose all that hate. lol

Having not ever had the pleasure of meeting your friend Freddie, I would have to say that while I was not around in those times, the hate factor exudes from mankind and in his everpresent need to control and dominate others. I once worked for an agency whose unwritten mantra was,"The ends justify the means." That might work in certain circumstances, though it must be reconciled with the goal(s)set forth and the rules by which the game is played.

1. profile image0

"You are no longer to give the people straw to make brick as previously; let them go and gather straw for themselves.

6. tantrum profile image61

Are you talking about politicians ?

Revelation never defined the position the anti-christ nor the false prophets would assume, though these individuals would have to be charismatic leaders who purport to provide what is in the hearts and minds of others.

2. WriteAngled profile image72

Best description I've ever read of politicians. So the Bible is right about one thing! big_smile

As you read through, you'll find some things you might not want to read or hear,but,in the end it's really up to you.

The statement you allude to was part of the Revelation given to John while he was in exile on Patmos. It, again, was never defined what the position of the false prophets nor anti-christ would be. Sure, we can see possible correlations, though, who really looks good for it?

7. profile image53
        (Q)posted 14 years ago

"Two hands working accomplishes more than billions clasped in prayer."

"One person praying and God is a majority"

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
          Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the heart of fools proclaims foolishness

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they were praying for more workers wink

2. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I admire your self criticism !

8. profile image0

Matthew 13:21
        Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

The Scripture should not be followed blindly; but with reason , rationality and logical arguments. If one finds contradictions in the Scriptures ; one should follow which is reasonable.

Jesus did not write any Scriptures , he did not even dicate one; he did not even authorize anybody to write on his behalf.
          What we find as Gospels were written by his deserting disciples, he did not stand with him when Jesus needed them most. These were the disciples who sided with Paul and wrote what suited Paul. Like Paul they neither believed Jesus nor his teachings, at least that is what we see in the Gospels.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying that the same disciples that removed Jesus alive from the cross and took Him to an airy tomb to heal abandoned Him before He was hung on the cross and followed after Paul?

1. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

Not the same disciples; the Gospel writers fled away and deserted him; it is very much written in the Gospels, if you like I will quote it from Matthew.

Joseph the Armithea, Nicodemus were the ones who took Jesus hurriedly to a tomb and treated him for his injuries inflicted on him on the Cross.

Thanks

2. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

It is in the scriptures:

Matthew 26:56   
              Now all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then the disciples all leaving him, fled.

Thanks

1. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Matthew 28: 11-15 clears up the issue of Jesus's death and resurrection.  The report of the Roman guards was twisted because they were bribed by the chief priests.   Read it if you want truth.

1. Hokey profile image60
                  Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What clears it up is the fact that it never happened.

2. profile image51

Hi friend Brenda Durham

This exposes the made-up story of the scribes. What were the guards hired for? Were they hired to sleep?

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned by Quran

Thanks

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are very confused.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Brenda Durham

What is the confusion?

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks

3. Allan McGregor profile image60
            Allan McGregorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually John did remain with Jesus at the Cross and began his Gospel:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
            All things came into being through him, and without him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
            In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

1. mjane24 profile image61
              mjane24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

true ..john1:14 also

9. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I like this version.
        http://www.godisimaginary.com/

10. profile image0

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

11. h.a.borcich profile image59
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

1 Corinthians 18 - 19

I know very well how foolish the message of the cross sounds to those who are on the road to destruction. But we who are being saved recognize this message as the very power of God. As the Scriptures say,
        "I will destroy human wisdom and discard their most brilliant ideas."

I have been in many positions where one would sa,"Know what? This God thing is a freakin' joke." Me being here is prima facie evidence of that." Frankly, it's not. The blamegame starts with the mirror.

2. profile image48

Wow, you guys sure are digging up a lot of passages that tell you to keep your head down and not to dare to think.  It's gone past contemptible to weird, now.

Paul, it's not about keeping one's head down and not thinking.
            Frankly, sometimes it's better to keep still until we really know what's up. Observe. Identify. Understand.

1. profile image48

Isn't it?  It tells you to abandon your reason in the face of God.  Your logic is nothing to God, obey, the purpose of his will is beyond you.

Which would all be well and good, except that when you ask your god for direction, there is no shortage of human voices ready to answer.

1. profile image0

Deuteronomy 32:20
                And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

2. profile image48

Oh, lookit, more of the same.

Once you see through the first further threats serve to argue for nothing but the extent of the meglomania behind them.

It must be marvelous, you know, read a book and Presto! Better than all those un-saved! lol

1. sooner than later profile image60

heed to the warning froward generation.

Speaking only for myself, I cannot conceive of the time when I've ever or will ever see myself as "better" or anything similar. By doing so, would I not then be purporting to position myself as an idol of my own design therefore acting in direct opposition to what I stand for? Not the wisest move in the book.

Yes you would be, as many do here. I am not a sinner, I am not subject to your gods "love", I do not like people telling me "through scripture" that myself and loved ones are going to be tortured in hell for eternity ok?

3. Unchained Grace profile image60

Frankly, you are correct. There rarely is a shortage of human voices. Unfortunately, we do not know the hidden agendas behind those voices. What are their motivations? Why are the telling me this? It is for that reason I watch. Such things will be exposed. I can remember many years ago in one particular country I waited with a team for over eight solid hours. Stock still. Waiting patiently for the adversary to appear. They did.

Here's my point. Initial and superficial observations rarely give us what we need for a solid decision. So, we wait. Patience coupled with the experience borne of perseverance and wisdom allows us to see what's needed to them effect our options.

3. sooner than later profile image60

like evolution?

1. profile image48

I wish you could understand...

Science accepted evolution as a fact a hundred years ago.  The mere fact of it is no longer even of interest, attention is for it's details and it's powers now.  It's a force we're learning to wield.  You spout mythology to call its existence into question at the same time the real world is using it to forge new medicine and chemistry.  You are like a madman telling carpenters there is no hammer or nail.  You claim it's impossible but can't even describe it in the most rudimentary way...

...if only you could see yourself.

4. profile image0

1 Kings 3:28
          When all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had handed down, they feared the king, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to administer justice.

12. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

1Corinthians 1:27:

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;  and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

13. h.a.borcich profile image59

Proverbs 1 :7
          Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline.

14. profile image0

therefore thus says the LORD, "Behold, I am about to punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite and his descendants; he will not have anyone living among this people, and he will not see the good that I am about to do to My people," declares the LORD, "because he has preached rebellion against the LORD."'"

"And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, 'THE LORD, THE LORD GOD, MERCIFUL AND GRACIOUS, LONGSUFFERING, AND ABUNDANT IN GOODNESS AND TRUTH, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin...' " (Exodus 34:5-7).

.......and murdering those who didn't buy in! lol

I was countering "The Word" with "The Word" smile

Cool! smile

15. h.a.borcich profile image59

God Blesses you who are hated and excluded and mocked and cursed because you are identified with me, the Son of Man.

Luke 6:22

16. DogSiDaed profile image61
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

'And The Lord turned to his disciples and said: "What the f**k is the internet anyway?" '
        From the lost testament Gary 14 [13:14]

Imagine that. Jesus on HubPages. Now, that's a forum I wouldn't miss. Incidently, if there was, He'd probably need a wireless.
          Not too many cable hookups on the road to all those places He went.

17. h.a.borcich profile image59

Luke 21:12-14
          But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution. You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons, and you will be accused before kings  and governors of being my followers. This will be your opportunity to tell them about me.

1. profile image48

A prediction that must have seemed painfully obvious at the time, but is in no way true today.

18. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years ago

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
        Psa 1:2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
        Psa 1:3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
        Psa 1:4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
        Psa 1:5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
        Psa 1:6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

SirDent, how nice to see you! How's everything? I thought I'd drop by here just to see wassup.

1. profile image0

I am blessed beyond measure. The Lord has dealt graciously with me. I am listening to Third Day at the moment and basking in the glory of God.

How are you this evening?

I'm doing well, actually. I've noticed some interesting turnarounds since I jumped up here in addition to those who have dropped out or down from the discussion.

2. h.a.borcich profile image59
              h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sir, sorry to but in... I just wanted to ask if you have seen Third Days dvd of the Revalation CD ? I saw it and loved it smile Just wondering, Holly smile

And Good evening to you too Unchained smile

1. profile image0

I haven't seen the DVD. I have the CD. I play bass at church and we do a few of their songs.

SirDent, you play bass also? Back in the day, it was the way I made my living for a while. I had a nice old beat on Fender Precision with a Sunn Coliseum head with a Sunn 415B bottom which had 2 15" speakers. I used D'Addario ground half-round strings because I found the Rotosounds, which were somewhat popular, would chew the neck up. Messed with the intonation as well.

1. profile image0

I play a Fender Jazz bass with twin single coil pickups. I also like to use Fender light or medium light gauge flatwound strings, preferably stainless steel. I just bought a new amp because my old fender amp head bit the dust. I bought a Kustom and a speaker cabinet with 4-10s in it. I also use my 15 Fender cabinet and it sounds great.

You got a hot setup! I always liked a a Fender Jazz. Nice neck.

For a while, I played a Gibson Ripper (which was blonde) with the same amplifier setup and also a Gibson EB3. Many wondered why I chose an old EB3, but the combination of the power and warm sound of a tube amp and the quick neck on an EB3, I could pull off some Stanley Clarke/Jaco Pastorious licks that really had punch.

I guess that if there was one thing I'd do for myself personally right now it would be to pick up a nice bass with an powerful amp and then go join the praise team.

1. profile image0

I used a  Specter Bass to check out the amp before I bought it. I would venture to say that will be my next one. Possibly even a 5 string.

Psalm 1 certainly starts things off in an interesting way and as we read through, we find the same things stated in different ways and in different scenarios throughout the OT&NT.

1. profile image0

Yes it most certainly does. Many have trouble finding the relation between the Old and New Testaments.

In a way, as I've stated to others, the relevancies are in a way like links and backlinks. Sometimes, the references walk you into a cross-testament expedition for the purpose of illuminating certain points. An example? There are three place in the NT wherein blind men are discussed not including Blind Bartimaeus in Mk. 10:46-52.

Some say the others, such as that found in Luke (the physician)
              are references to the same incidents though the characters aren't mentioned by name.

3. profile image48

Psa 1:1 - believers are encouraged to isolate themselves from dissenting opinion.
          Psa 1:3 and 1:4 Believers are told they will prosper and their opponents will not.  (Note: manifestly untrue)
          Psa 1:5 - it's reiterated that believers shouldn't listen to anyone else
          Psa 1:6 - Threats for non-believers.

It's the sort of behavior and thinking you've got to indoctrinate people into when you're selling a philosophy that can't stand under its own power.

1. profile image0

Sheep and wolves do not go good together.

1. profile image48

Shepherds exploit and devour sheep on a scale no wolf could ever dream of, but the sheep stupidly cling to the shepherd, thinking him a protector.

1. profile image0

The Good Shepherd gives His life for His sheep.

So he can eat them himself! lol

Never saw one doing that.
                  the only thing I know is that shepherds eat or sell the sheep to their own convenience

1. tantrum profile image61

So the sheep are always deceived about the shepherd's real self

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
                      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love you you love me were a happy family......

Again, this depends entirely on the intentions of the shepherd. The evil one shall see it from the point of an opportunist. The good one(s) shall see it from the standpoint of a gentle guardian. There are indeed shepherd's who relate to their sheep as pawns. Buy and sell. Self-serving. Yes, they're certainly out there and many wear a white collar as a diversionary tactic. It's all about guilt/control with some.

1. profile image0

The Good Shepeherd will not decieve anyone but will lead His sheep righteously.

The intention of the shepherd is always to profit from the sheep.
                        that's his work. Selling  or eating his sheep.

3. profile image48

The good Shepherd keeps his flock large so he has more to exploit.  The sheep wander, feed themselves, and keep warm by their own nature.  They grow used to the shepherd, associate him with the things they take for themselves, but he is nothing but an impossibly efficient wolf.

1. profile image0

This is the opinion of a very cynical individual.

1. profile image48

Maybe.

But then I don't live in terror of any phantoms.  I don't have serpents or anti-Christs or "The Great Enemy" to worry about.  Just the odd mortal man who thinks himself a shepherd.

1. profile image0

Terror? You speaking of terrorists? Nazis?

That actually depends on the shepherd. You are absolutely correct when you state the ease of target accessibility for the ill-intentioned shepherd. However, one must realize that for the bad, there is the good. Essentially, if one believes in the possibility of a bad one, it follows there must be good ones as a comparative.

1. profile image48

Okay, this metaphor has been stretched to its breaking point.

Speaking literally, shepherds might be perfectly nice people, but they eat sheep.  More than wolves do. 

Sure, shepherds might seem to protect a sheep from a wolf, but a large wolf might seem to protect a sheep from a smaller, weaker wolf.  The shepherd's just the biggest, most cunning wolf.

I think that's alternately funny and sad... It's funny because Christians like to accuse atheists of being wolves, and say that their shepherd will protect them from us nasty, nasty wolves, but really a sheep has far more to fear from its shepherd than it does a wolf. 

To say, "I am a sheep, you are a wolf, my shepherd will protect me from you..." the sheep in the analogy subjects itself to a terrific threat to protect itself from a minor one.  Out of fear of a small wolf it submits itself to a great one.

Sheep are destroyed in great numbers by their stupid reliance on a protector who does not have their best interest at heart.  That someone would disagree with me, then immediately compare themselves to that dumb creature... I can't help but laugh.

It's sad because the truth is no one ever wrote a list of threats for disobedience, impossible rewards for obedience, and rules for avoiding everyone who isn't part of "the collective" because they've had anything but their own selfish interests at heart.  It's the sort of thing said by the kinds of people who, at the very least, want to keep the option to spend human lives like currency open.  They need their followers as dumb as sheep for it to work, though. 

That's why it's so important to keep them separated from dissenting ideas, to teach them to value obedience over their own wisdom.

A sheep is a stupid creature that dooms itself, and for someone to haughtily compare themselves to it makes me laugh a little.  But a sheep is also a tragic creature, and when the analogy holds true it's sad.

1. profile image0

Only insults now? Can't come up with anything intelligent?

You are absolutely correct. Sheep are immediately taught to fear the wolf, so they are wary of his presence which makes it difficult for the wolf to do his thing. That is the outward wolf. The one we can see readily.

The inward wold who has the trust of the flock is in a much better position to do serious damage and for this precise reason, we must always be wary of certain ones alluding to a shepherd position.

19. DogSiDaed profile image61
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

So good! smile

20. profile image0

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

"whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Matt. 5:22

1. profile image0

(Pro 1:10)  My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

2. profile image48

A declaration of "We are right.  Everyone else is wrong."  No justification offered, meant to be accepted on authority alone.

Scaffolding for otherwise unsustainable lies.

1. profile image0

On the contrary. God is always right even when I am wrong.

1. profile image48

You have books, printed with machines and chemicals, built and operated by humans.  You worship the paper and the ink, place it beyond all reproach...

...what do gods or their correctness have to do with it?

1. profile image0

I have so much more than a book. You should try it someday. It is called the Spirit of the Lord.

1. profile image48

You like to say you have a spirit, but only because your book-god tells you you should, and you never question your book-god.  You quote your book-god, you expect the proclamations of your book-god to be heeded, you repeat your book-god's threats to those who won't bow to it.

I suppose you can at least claim greater honesty than the gap-god's worshipers.

1. profile image0

And you know all of this information about me how?

1. profile image48

You're showing me right now.

21. Unchained Grace profile image60

Crowd sorta thinned out a bit, huh? Interesting.

1. profile image0

It is interesting for sure. Jesus used the Word to get Satan off His back.

2. h.a.borcich profile image59

I am here, just hanging back. I am satisfied I stood on His word, found some peace in it all. smile

Hey! Glad to see ya! I figured I'd do some damage on a pot of Chase & Sanborn while up here. How's everything?

1. h.a.borcich profile image59

It is what it is smile Life is interesting - no matter how rough life is, the more good things can be found if you look for them smile Tomarrow I get to see a friend for coffee. My son is not in combat anymore, and today the physical pain is only about a 6. smile
              How about you? I do say a prayer for you everyday, Holly

22. h.a.borcich profile image59

My guitar is a fender...like Bonnie's smile All I can play is Ode to Joy, Amazing Grace and The Star Spangled Banner! But I enjoy it. My hubby has a collection of guitars and plays well. Glad you guys sing praise, Holly

You do the acoustic thing?

Mine is electric smile I consider the guitar playing to be vibration therapy and worshipcombined - good for the body and the soul smile

1. profile image0

David played the harp  for Saul and drove out the evil spirit that would come upon him.

23. profile image0

Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

the Bible at its best.

1. profile image0

You are wrong. This is the Bible at it's best.

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            Joh 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

To state there's a "best" also implies the existance of the opposite.

The bible at its best deceiving agenda.

1. profile image0

You seem to be running out of insulting things to say.

I'm not insulting, I'm giving my opinion, which is this one.
                    If i wanted to insult , I know better words to use.

2. profile image0

In my mind this is what the whole Bible leads to. The Love of God can't be put any better than it is in these two verses.

It's a shame that the love of God can only be put in verses. In real life we don't see much of it, if any.

1. profile image0

You have not because you ask not. Everyone who asks recieves and everyone who seeks finds.

I'm not replying to you anymore, because you twist my opinions saying they're insults.

1. profile image0

***YAWN***

You should see it from my standpoint. Our ministry right now houses over 60 previously homeless veterans and nonvets. We receive no help from the city, state nor government. So, God has provided. We have a relatively por church in that what comes on goes directly out for outreach, street ministry, etc.

Look, I'm not blowing my own horn, here. Many churches keep their monies to themselves and build monuments to themselves by way of richly adorned chapels, fine cars and all that. They can have it.

My favorite thing? It's when I see a homeless person reunited with their family and able to provide for them. That is all this man wants to see.

1. profile image0

I commend you and your church for that Unchained. We have no homeless where I live but we give away food and clothing all the time to those who need it. I also wrote a hub about a church in Florida that houses 200 homeless at any given time. I was asked to write a poem also for them.

3. earnestshub profile image79

Not too much of it for parts of Africa right now.

theres my ernie!!!

Yeh fresh back with a mouthful of religionist as always! lol

24. Unchained Grace profile image60

From a purely tactical standpoint, appear as the sheep with the approach and wisdom of the serpent. It is why our unit was dubbed "Viper Company" in the Nam.

25. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years ago

Did someone mention my kinfolk?

what is that!!! LOL

Anyone got a good recipe for New Zealand Rack of Lamb?

26. profile image0

Rev 22:1  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

27. tantrum profile image61

Yes! why? Why would you care ?
        but that's what you've been doing all week

What have I actually been doing all week? Find one antagonistic inferrance or statement I've made. It ain't happening cause they're not there.

You said you don't get involved in the arguments. but you do. the lack of antagonistic replies doesn't make you less active. It only implies you're  passive debating.

Why not provide an example? This way, perhaps I may learn something as I have a teachable spirit.

all your posts are an example. Just by posting here, you're getting involved

So much for a straight answer. Oh, well. Anyway,the initial point was I do not jump into the name calling, insults, antagonistic approach nor do I fall into the no-win trap of comparing faiths. Secondly, taking the position that anything is "implied" involves an opinion for an "implication" to be recognized as such.

I don't remember name calling anyone here.
                    and you know perfectly well what I'm talking, about getting involved.
                    but of course, I'm wrong. lol

I assume you're praying and didn't see my post.
                      Or maybe you like to believe you're the one with the last word ?
                      And you can be!
                      But after showing me where I name called ,and if I'm wrong or not.

I never once stated nor implied you were in any way involved with any name calling and all the rest. My point, initially, was to wonder why there has to be all of the above in the first place?

2. profile image0

Job 2:10
          But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?"

I note that "woman" is signalled out as an example of stupidity, that goes along with all the other sexist rot. smile

and it seems the stupid one is me ! lol

I assume that was the "innocent" connotation yes. smile

lol
                  Not that I mind ! lol

2. profile image0

But this verse speaks of Job saying his wife speaks, "As one of the foolish women." He didn't call her a fool. Just said what she said was foolish.

don't try to enlighten, that you darken
                lol

3. profile image48

You know, I have to wonder at the mentality of some of the Christians posting here.  People just typing up nasty things and insulting each other's intelligence has a nasty feel to it, but a collection of threats and insults drawn from the Bible is just on a whole other level.

I mean, someone might insult me with their own words and I'm like, Man, that guy's a dick."

But you start trying to get threats and insults across with Bible quotes and it's like, "Wow, these people are speaking with the voice of a barely-sentient monster who seems to transcend the limits of human ignorance and hatred."

Every line is just fleshes out the god of the bible as a frothing psychopath.

If I hadn't started out hating the ideal the biblical god represents, I'd hate it by now.  What are they thinking?

they are being human beings paul just like the rest of us.. a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin...... NO ONE is better then another...

That's been my position from the beginning.

2. profile image48

Is this directed at me?

It seems to be, but maybe you are instead invoking a certain biblical murderer who's frequently held to be a saint and who unfortunately shares my name?

If it is directed at me, I'm at a loss as to when I might have denied anyone's humanity.

1. profile image0

Job 10:7
                    'According to Your knowledge, I am indeed not guilty, Yet there is no deliverance from Your hand.

2. profile image0

I prefer to use the name Richard Noggin myself.

2. profile image0

Kings 22:52   
                  He did evil in the sight of the LORD and walked in the way of his father and in the way of his mother and in the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who caused Israel to sin.

4. profile image0

Song of Solomon 4:10
              "How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride!How much better is your love than wine,And the fragrance of your oils than all kinds of spices!"

28. profile image0

Rev 22:2  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

29. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 14 years ago

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow
        thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy
        husband, and he shall rule over thee."--Genesis 3:16

Misha, I know some husbands in bad need of a tire iron in the head.

30. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 14 years ago

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer
        not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to
        be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was
        not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."--1 Tim. 2:11-14

the merry go round is spinning off its wheels!

Barnum & Bailey said it so well, did they not? The three ring circus just got expanded outward. Now, who gets to be Ringmaster?

31. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 14 years ago

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" (Exodus 22:18)

32. profile image58
        mudpiesformomposted 14 years ago

When heaven seems aloof or distant and proofs are hard to come by, may love be all the evidence you need.

33. profile image0

Rev 22:3  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
        Rev 22:4  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
        Rev 22:5  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

My last post of the night. Good night everyone.

By the way Paul, I thin kwhat Greeneyes wrote was directed at me.

1. profile image48

That'd be kinda nice if it didn't follow all the other stuff.  In proper context it's creepy.

The alternating kindness and cruelty, it's how you "break a spirit," so to speak.  Render a will both terrified of and dependent on you.  Rule another being totally.

I don't think it's a coincidence that nice bits made the cut alongside horrifying ones.

34. h.a.borcich profile image59

2 Timothy 11 & 12

This is true: If we die with Him, we will also live with Him. If we endure hardship, we will reign with Him. If we deny Him, He will deny us.

The Pastoral Epistles can be a great place for learning and teaching.

35. h.a.borcich profile image59

2 Timothy 3:2

For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful.They will consider nothing sacred.

You could couple that nicely with Deuteronomy 32 and develop a  Hub on Idol Worship and False Gods.

Perhaps smile Through these scriptures I am simply finding fresh comfort in how I live. I have never debated what I believe in on these forums. Once I admitted I was a Christian while responding to a thread, certain hubbers started chiding and taunting and brutally mocking.
              But tonight on this thread, I immersed myself in the Word and found peace. I should thank Sandra for this thread - Thank you. And I must thank the mockers as they have no power to wound me anymore. I still do not feel the need to debate my beliefs, never did, and the mocking was there anyways. Didn't  make sense until now smile Holly

1. profile image0

2 Corinthians 1:11   
              you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.
              Ephesians 4:23:
              and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

smile You are to sweet Holly.  xo

2. WriteAngled profile image72

Why do you worry so much about idols and false gods? If they are unreal, YHVH will prevail, you'll be in with your harps and everyone else will burn. If they offer another path to salvation, that which is beyond all gods will presumably offer you a nice walled-off section of the afterworld so that you will never know anyone else is there apart from you, since otherwise you would not be able to enjoy the afterlife to the full.

2. profile image48

Ah, one of these.  There are the obvious prophecy bits, like how people aren't going to believe you when you tell them impossible things, and the false ones that it seems a lot of Christians want to believe.  This is in that second category.

I was accused of being cynical earlier, but this has, quite simply, not come to pass.

36. WriteAngled profile image72
        WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Actually, the main issue that led me to leave Christian dogma was the insistence that only Christians can be saved. This issue troubled me from about the age of 13. You see, if there are people I love in this life, who are not "believers", Christianity tells me they will burn in hell. Now, suppose I take the obligatory steps to salvation. I'll end up sneaking through the pearly gates, but people I loved will be left thrown to the flames below.

Christian dogma states we enter into eternity with our full personalities as known here. For me, this means I would not be in paradise but in hell. Sorry, the presence of God, Jesus, the saints, seraphim, cherubim and whatever other entities will not compensate for the fact that people I knew and loved in this life will not be there with me. I might as well be in eternal flames with those I loved or else find another metaphysical solution to the dilemma.

I surely can't tell you how to deal with that dilema, for you are free to believe whatever makes sense to you. I just know what makes sense for me. Holly smile

37. h.a.borcich profile image59

What jab? She stated she had difficulty with christianity.
        I didn't tell her to do believe anyway or believe what I do.
        I did not put her down, call names or belittle her.
        I encouraged her to believe what she feels is right.
        Comic relief? Are you for real? The smile was genuine, too.

Not a problem. It was not directed towards you. It was in reference to a much earlier post I wrote.

ok smile and thanks

38. Unchained Grace profile image60

So, has there been anything of interest said here on the HubPage
        version of "As the Stomach Turns" lately?

39. h.a.borcich profile image59

Nothing bad. Just me smile You working on more hubs?

I've got the basis for two, though I need to do the research.

40. Unchained Grace profile image60

I may be offline for the next 24-48 hours. We will be opening our new Holy Truth VetsTown Variety Store and my presence is required.

41. h.a.borcich profile image59

I'll pray the event is a great success smile God Bless, Holly

42. profile image0

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

43. profile image0

Mal 4:5  Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

44. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

2 Timothy 1:7
        For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fearmongers prey on those too weak to look inside themselves for their own power.
        —Me

45. profile image0

Psa 34:7  The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

46. profile image0

Psa 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

47. profile image0

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes." Matthew 24:7

How profound! My dog probably knew that! lol

And you just heard it now? Seems odd.

1. profile image0

lol

Untrue unrelated, irelevant, not connected but funny???

1. profile image0

Psalm 74:8
                  "They have burned all the meeting places of God in the land.

48. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Isaiah 26: 10 (KJV)

"Let favor be showed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness;  in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly,  and will not behold the majesty of the Lord."

49. profile image0

Jon 4:2  And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)