What are the most boring sports to watch???

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 66 discussions (91 posts)
  1. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

for me tennis,soccer,golf and hockey(good for highlights tho)

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll agree with those four you laid out. lol lol

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it really depends on personal taste.  one person could say golf or nascar are boring, while another loves them.  a person can be a huge fan of hockey, but another person could find it boring and slow as sin.  therefore, it's hard to say.

if i had to pick, then I would say poker and food eating contests are ridiculously boring, and unnecessary.  now before you all get your panties up in a bunch saying that those aren't sports, then my only response to that is tell that to ESPN, so they'll stop running highlights of those games.  As I so don't think Poker and food eating should be deemed as sports.  anyone who says differently is an idiot.

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This reminds me of a Hub I recently read ...
        Anyway, I do have to agree with you.

The only sport I've ever been able to watch without wanting to fall asleep is Boxing.

3. profile image0
      woolman60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pro Bowling, and Softball

4. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me it's baseball, because you need to wait till every pitch for action. Any sports that are pretty active I don't mind watching, but then again I don't typically watch sports anyways.

5. thepurpleninja profile image61
      thepurpleninjaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

golf.

6. LaMamaLoli profile image61
      LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

bowling, there is absolutely no eye candy, they take AGES to bowl the damn ball and I reckon my four year old could probably beat all of them! lol

7. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like all of those sports, I think a sport is only boring if you're not interested.

like nascar.. I'm not interested.

2. vanchen profile image68
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

I'm the opposite.  I love watching tennis, golf, soccer and hockey.  For me the most boring sport to watch is baseball.

3. pinkboxer profile image61
    pinkboxerposted 13 years ago

Baseball for me, too. I really have tried to watch an entire game. But I do love the excitement of the World Series.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

For me it is Golf.

I will never understand the pleasure in hitting something as far as possible, and then having to walk all that way to hit it again.

At least if you throw a stick for a dog it brings it back to you!

5. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 13 years ago

Golf and baseball.

6. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Baseball, basketball and football. I'm not someone you want to invite to a sports bar! wink

7. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

All of them....?  Yes?  No?  I say yes.  lollollol

8. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Golfing.  Tennis.  Bowling.  Snooker.  *yawn*

9. kingis profile image67
    kingisposted 13 years ago

Curling

10. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Darts.

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

http://members.tripod.com/netta_ct/608050.jpg

http://itodyaso.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/boring-class.jpg

12. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

Women's beach volleyball.
       It's horribly boring. I can't stand to watch it. But for some inexplicable reason, the Women's Beach Volleyball channel is the only channel I can get. So I'm forced to watch it. So it isn't my fault.

13. CaribeM profile image70
    CaribeMposted 13 years ago

Golf, Soccer and Curling

14. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Nascar. Ugh....I know millions love it, but I cannot just watch cars go in circles. And Baseball is a close second. Now if I am at a Baseball game...I love it, but just not on TV.

15. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Bowling, Bass fishing and basketball. (Unless someone is doing all three at once.)

16. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Golf!

17. PackSecure profile image60
    PackSecureposted 13 years ago

I vote Curling.  Zzzzzz

18. jasonycc profile image68
    jasonyccposted 13 years ago

For me, Golf.

19. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

For me, tennis. Watching that ball go back and forth is not my cup of tea.

20. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Nascar

..yet to understand why society still finds any benefit from vehicles driving in circles using a limited resource ?

Can someone actually watch an entire nascar event without finishing off a case of really cheap beer in the process ..if they didn't would it still be fun to watch?

oh wait - its not a sport anyway -

21. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Table tennis, tennis, golf, hockey, F1.

22. lakeerieartists profile image61
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I feel the same way about horse racing too.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At least that is over quickly.

23. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

i have to say emphatically cricket...... I hate the sound of the umpire, the game, the drunken audience.  It is on for days and days and days and days and days...... believe me i have truly suffered, the men in my house and my dad seem to love it, how could they ugh???????????

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you Joy - I would rather watch paint dry than watch cricket!

2. fifacrzy profile image56
      fifacrzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Especially the test matches. Although the new twenty-20 isn't that horrible.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops, didn't realise that you just mentioned twenty-20! I look like a parrot now!

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been told that Cricket is 10 times more entertaining when you are watching a professional game live. I am yet to experience it though.

Traditional Cricket is going by the wayside though, slowly being replaced by Twenty Twenty, which is effectively really fast cricket which finishes in one day or something.

That innovation was certainly required! I agree with you, Cricket on the telly is..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

24. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Soccer & Hockey

25. nasus loops profile image65
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

I find motorcar/bike racing boring unless there are lots of crashes.

Darts as well, mainly as I am useless at sums and therefore don't really understand it fully.

I think with most sports, people find them boring when they do not fully understand the rules and how the game works.

26. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

Golf!! Definitely

27. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

For me it's these sports I hate watching:
    Cheese Rolling
    Gumboot Throwing
    Cross Country Three Legged Mud Races
    And
    Butt to Butt Nude Wrestling

1. nasus loops profile image65
      nasus loopsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do people determine that these are sports. 

I think I agree with you, BORING.

28. dinkan53 profile image71
    dinkan53posted 13 years ago

Hey, I love to watch tennis, cricket, F1, football, athletics, boxing. But I hate hockey and curling.

1. michifus profile image58
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK so cricket can last for 5 days and still end in a draw but its not dull. Drinking copiously does help.

For me, baseball and basketball are tedious to watch.

Everything else is all good fun.

29. climberjames profile image56
    climberjamesposted 13 years ago

GOLF!

30. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Golf!

I can see why it might be an appealing game to play (for some people), but why anybody would want to watch it is completely beyond my comprehension.

I'm not a big sports person in general though. My favorite to watch is figure skating, which is a)as much about art and performance as athletic ability and b)short!

31. taganisted profile image60
    taganistedposted 13 years ago

Curling! Why anyone chooses to play is beyond me. Also golf, the ruination of an otherwise pleasant walk.

32. WaffleCheese profile image44
    WaffleCheeseposted 13 years ago

Friggin cross country running.

Holy $%##^ just finish the race!

Oh, cycling sucks too.

And marathon running.

Oh, and pro wrestling.

1. michifus profile image58
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cross country running? You clearly have too many sports channels.

Yep, the marathon is about as dull as it gets, even if the Kenyans didn't win every time.

33. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 13 years ago

golf

34. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

golf -- dont like to watch it
    I love all sports specially sports -- banging their bodies, rugby, football, basketball, boxing and wrestling-- is this a sports??

35. EmmaMedu profile image69
    EmmaMeduposted 13 years ago

Tennis, baseball, golf...

And, the worst, bicycling!

36. WaffleCheese profile image44
    WaffleCheeseposted 13 years ago

No one for billiards?

37. skmania1 profile image57
    skmania1posted 13 years ago

For me its billiards and Golf....

38. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I hardly find sport that I don't like, somehow I always find something interesting in any sports.

39. Dink96 profile image60
    Dink96posted 13 years ago

Golf, baseball, and FOREIGNPRESS:  SUCH a burden!  ;-)

My favorite sport to watch:  ROUNDBALL, BABY!!!  (Basketball!!!!)

40. johnsams profile image68
    johnsamsposted 13 years ago

Cricket, golf, billiards and baseball

41. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

All of them.  If I'm not the one playing them, I'm not interested.  I've never really "gotten" watching other people do things.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same - and even worse is listening to any of the sports' commentators whose banter is impossibly stupid and whose interviews with the sports "heroes" are inane and senseless!  I hate that our nation spends so frigging much on sports and sports arenas and all the accessories and the players and tv coverage.  Our priorities are so messed up it is not even funny - the roads full of ruts, human services being discontinued (local senior center is shutting down - no funds), people can't get the basics for life, jobs aren't there - so what do we get?  A new sports arena and center with every possible luxury and room for 100,000 fans, with malls and parking lots - state of the art lighting and score boards and teams that cost billions! 

It is so insane, and yet all the men I've ever known and lots of women, feel that one of their best characteristics is that they are "loyal" fans - even when they've had 3 marriages, run out on their own children and aging parents, can't hold a job, stink of booze and cigarrettes - they are good, salt of the earth people, who are LOYAL FANS!  oh p.u. and barf - I am sick thinking of it!

And if you DARE to not be a big FAN and refuse to go to their fan parties and get stinkin drunk and drive home inebriated and spend your kids college money on season tickets and sports fan parties - if you DARE to refuse to do that, you're practically unAMERICAN and definitely UNCOOL!

42. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

Curling!  Just what is interesting about throwing a hugh weight along a sheet of ice and brushing the ice.  I'm not joking when I say I'd rather watch paint dry.

43. Stuart M Condé profile image62
    Stuart M Condéposted 13 years ago

Watching sports like Golf, Tennis and Snooker kills me to death! But what I dislike even more is listening to people talking about it.

Sports pundits drive me nuts. Even if they are talking about sports that I like. I'd rather put some tunes on instead. I do like a bit of motor-sport with an electro soundtrack!

1. LakeShow T profile image75
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would definitely say Nascar. I guess watching cars go around and around in circles just doesn't do it for me. I used to actually like it, but then they started their playoff system, which essentially renders the first 2/3rds of their season meaningless. 

I'll go with Soccer as a close second. I know it is the most popular sport in the world, but just not my thing in terms of entertainment value.

44. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

golf

45. ross670daw profile image61
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

Lawn bowls, Marathons, Curling, Basketball and definitely Croquet. I enjoy golf though.

46. Creativologist profile image59
    Creativologistposted 13 years ago

noticed someone posted pro wrestling.  Wrestling is not a sport, it's entertainment.

1. providence profile image61
      providenceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrestling is a lot bigger than WWE and the others.

It's an olympic sport.

It's also a martial art much like karate, judo, etc. and yes it's used by professional fighters.

47. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

nascar and golf

48. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

Table setting competitions.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what?  how can you say that?  there's the anxious moment when the contestant places the last spoon!  the moment when a genius puts the flower arrangement just slightly off center!  Oh the thrills!

Well, I know-- better than a lot of the ESPN stuff.

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have never heard of this. hmm

at the risk of being self promotional-- read my hub-- or just look at the pictures.

49. LakeShow T profile image75
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

One sport that is not boring is competitive eating. That is some good stuff right there.

50. ponx profile image81
    ponxposted 13 years ago

golf, wrestling (WWE), F1 or any kind of bike or car racing

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)