jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your darkest fear, after you meet someone for the first time in person

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

What is your darkest fear, after you meet someone for the first time  in person from the internet?

Finding love on the internet it can happen for some of us, however, it can be also dangerous, you have to be very smart in what you say, to that person
    and when the time comes for meeting  that person, always suggest a public location, and sometimes bring along a friend, just in case.... anyway be very careful, "it a mad mad mad world out there... never give out your home address.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

My fear would be that they are a psycho killer. My step sister met someone online and up and moved a great distance away from her home before even meeting the person which I thought was totally insane and many of us tried to tell her she was making a big mistake. She moved in with the guy and later found out that he was recently released from jail and a pedophile and was not a nice person at all. Anyways she had to borrow money to get back home after her car had been vandalized while it was parked outside this guys house. I think she learned her lesson or least I sure hope she did. Then I know people that have met, fallen in love gotten married and had kids from meeting online. You just have to be careful and follow what you already said above.

3. Shay Kochba profile image56
    Shay Kochbaposted 7 years ago

I always tell people this:

Regardless of how in love you are, talk to other people who know the person and *always* run a background check before meeting. If you don't have enough information to allow the police to find the person if the worst happens, then you don't have enough information to meet the person in the first place.

4. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

That they've kept something major about their life secret - for example - They're married, have a long criminal history or a transmittable disease.

5. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

It might be an ex husband...or a psycho killer.  Always meet at a public place like a Starbucks.  Make sure the guy doesn't follow you home.

6. hillrider profile image59
    hillriderposted 7 years ago

I recently provided my address to help an internet friend achieve a needed task. It turned out fine. But perhaps I should take the advice offered here ...

7. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

There are a lot of insightful answers already here, and I agree with everyone. I'd be terrified that the person I had connected with was not all they claimed to be. I have read too many stories about people "falling in love" with someone over the internet only to find out that their ideal mate is, in fact, a parolee, a drug addict, a pedophile, or a serial killer. I'm sure that many cases of finding love on the net turn out just as one might hope, but I think all too often it's exactly the opposite, and for me, the risk isn't worth the reward.

working