jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

What city, according to you, is the best to live in?

1. Anishpat profile image79
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

What city, according to you, is the best to live in?

2. Duchessoflilac1 profile image76
    Duchessoflilac1posted 5 years ago

My honest answer is NONE.  I am not a city person. However, setting aside my personal prejudices, I'd say Charleston, SC. It has old world charm and tons of history. The people are friendly, the climate is moderate most of the year. Low country food is something you have to experience for yourself. It has culture and night life. It has beaches and tradition.

3. traceyrick profile image56
    traceyrickposted 5 years ago

My best city has to be Perth Australia the beaches are beautiful the sea is not freezing when you get it is a clear indigo colour and the sand in crystal white  you can also take a walk for miles.

1. traceyrick profile image56
      traceyrickposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Perth  would be a fantastic city to live in if you had plenty of money a boat and a house by the river .it is one of the most expensive cities to live in.

4. tanveerbadyari profile image60
    tanveerbadyariposted 5 years ago

I have been living in srinagar  for a larger part of my life & it is a very romantic city with lots of rich cultural heritage. It has some beautiful lakes, water ways  surrounded with green forests & mountains.

5. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

Orlando, Florida. You got Cocoa Beach and a friendly tourist atmosphere. Also, the attractions are non stop such as Universal Studios, Disney World and Sea World.

6. kashmir-ladakh profile image59
    kashmir-ladakhposted 5 years ago

I like Portland, It is a very beautiful & vibrant city. the people are nice and i mostly like its scenic beauty & solitude.

7. Brigitte Thompson profile image81
    Brigitte Thompsonposted 5 years ago

Austin Texas made the "Best Of List" in the US. With over 75 rankings.

Just to mention a few Rankings --- #1 Best Big City for Jobs (Forbes, May 2012), Top 10 City for Tech Startups in US (USA Today, August 2012),  Top 10 Best Places to Retire (CBS News, February 2012),Top 5 City for Healthiest Housing in 2013 (Trulia, December 2012),No. 7 Home Price Jump in Nation (Federal Housing Finance Agency, December 2012), 2nd Best Investment Market in US (Realtor.com, March 2012).

Austin Texas is also known as the Live Music Capital of the world.

Austin is relatively easy to get around, they have beautiful hiking, walking, biking trails. Fantastic restaurants, culture and live music events.

I live and work in Austin Texas, and have lived in many cities while my father was in the Military.  I proud to call Austin Texas my home.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years agoin reply to this

+1 for Austin - I've lived here for many years, and also lived in some other good cities, but Austin is the best.  We have everything Brigitte just mentioned, plus really friendly people.

8. SnowMan21 profile image60
    SnowMan21posted 5 years ago

Las Vegas. Anything you want to do, any time of day.

9. AbFreak101 profile image58
    AbFreak101posted 5 years ago

Orlando is a nice place but not what comes to mind when i think of city i think Vancouver B.C. would be cool or Seattle Washington

10. Sunamun profile image61
    Sunamunposted 5 years ago

Honolulu, with the beautiful sunsets, marvelous weather, sumptuous food, and truly the most wonderful people, Honolulu has a lot to offer.

11. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 5 years ago

Very difficult to answer your question. Still I wish to answer you that some cities in Asia would be apt for a peaceful living.

12. cjpooja26 profile image64
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

It is difficult to answer but I would say Seoul, South Korea is the best city to live as per my view.

13. Santiniketan profile image60
    Santiniketanposted 5 years ago

Kolkata The city of Joy, India.
    kolkata is for every one. You can find people who are coming from all over the world.Every one can survive in kolkata

14. MisterShives profile image61
    MisterShivesposted 5 years ago

San Diego California because the weather there is great, it's close to the beach, and the people are decent.

15. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

According to me, London is the best. I always feel comfirtable to live in this city.

16. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Not one of them , anywhere ! Give me a cabin in the woods anytime !  Can't take the city , crowds ,  traffic !